Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:36   #721
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Looking at above posts, a question popped up in my mind. Is it possible to put an amplifier and sub-woofer in Sportsline? While I don't find the music system lacking in any sense but a better music system hasn't killed anyone.
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:58   #722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
Looking at above posts, a question popped up in my mind. Is it possible to put an amplifier and sub-woofer in Sportsline? While I don't find the music system lacking in any sense but a better music system hasn't killed anyone.
Should not be an issue at all. Check the ICE section and fix either a wheel well mounted one like in the Kodiaq (https://www.amazon.in/JBL-BassPro-Sp...7PSQ693G&psc=1) or go for a side-mounted ones.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:29   #723
Senior - BHPian

72Ah Battery replacement and cover

During last service, I finally got the Skoda mandated 60Ah OEM Exide replaced with a 72Ah Varta battery at PPS Skoda for my MY18 Superb. They had to also change the enclosure -somehow, this enclosure is open at the top unlike the neatly closed one before (with a closing lid).
Wanted to check on the forum from tbhpians with Superbs having 72Ah battery, does it also have such an open lid enclosure ? Seems unlike VAG, especially in our dusty environs in India ...
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210318_110040.jpg  

Last edited by lancer_rit : 23rd March 2021 at 23:33.
lancer_rit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 07:29   #724
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharutk View Post
What material/paint has been used to blacken the roof of your car?
Regular car paint, bud. Got it blackened in a paint booth.

Would love to debadge the car, but my brother's tastes are the opposite of mine. He loves the big chrome S K O D A lettering at the rear. Another area of difference = even on an expressway or an empty mountain road, he will drive at 2,000 rpm. I'll be the only driver taking his car to 7000 rpm!

Believe it or not, he has no problem with the 80 kmph speed warning! Says its a good reminder to keep it slow. His girlfriend pushed him to increase his highway cruising speed from 80 to 100 kmph .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I just went past 1000. So far so good. The number plate. Does it rattle or would you recommend a rubber casing ?
Nope. No rattles yet. I'm half expecting the sunroof to start rattling at the 20,000 km mark, going by BHPian posts.

Even so, rattles have never bothered me in any car. My daily driver for a decade was an old Jeep, so I got kind of oblivious to squeaks & rattles.

Last edited by GTO : 24th March 2021 at 07:34.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 09:18   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Regular car paint, bud. Got it blackened in a paint booth.
Interesting.. I too am planning to blacken the roof, but was thinking of a 3M wrap job over paint. Any reason you chose to paint over wrap, GTO?
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 20:53   #726
BHPian

Re: 72Ah Battery replacement and cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
During last service, I finally got the Skoda mandated 60Ah OEM Exide replaced with a 72Ah Varta battery at PPS Skoda for my MY18 Superb. They had to also change the enclosure -somehow, this enclosure is open at the top unlike the neatly closed one before (with a closing lid).
Wanted to check on the forum from tbhpians with Superbs having 72Ah battery, does it also have such an open lid enclosure ? Seems unlike VAG, especially in our dusty environs in India ...
I have the exact same Varta battery as stock, and the cover without the top portion. So I think you got the "right" part.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 25th March 2021 at 20:59.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 23:52   #727
Senior - BHPian

Re: 72Ah Battery replacement and cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
I have the exact same Varta battery as stock, and the cover without the top portion. So I think you got the "right" part.
Thanks for confirming, so PPS Skoda were not giving me a story - plus point to them.
For regular service, I find Skoda's charges quite reasonable. I never ask for special cleaning or any wheel/tyre balancing/alignment at the car dealer.
So, here are the service costs in reverse order:
* 3rd service costed Rs. 15,100/-
* 2nd service costed Rs. 17,411/-
* 1st service costed Rs. 9,448/-

I took the 5-6th year extended warranty for the Superb - parts are expensive for Euro cars as we all know (touch wood). That came to Rs. 77,880 including 18%GST.

Do note that the extended warranty can be taken upto 1410 days of purchase (which is somewhat more than 3 years and 10 months). So, don't wait till the 47th month if you wish to take this coverage.
lancer_rit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:56   #728
BHPian

I've done about 1200 kms now. Has been thoroughly enjoyable. Opted for the maintenance package as well. The car is massive and unfit for narrow and high density roads. No choice but to buy a small car now for errands

There's so much electronics and stuff to learn. So here's more questions to the experts.
  • Car is exactly 13 days old today. The service tab in the infotainment system says service is due in 304 days, whereas the Myskoda app says due in 4 months. It should ideally become due near 15k kms or 365 days. Can I ignore 304 days and 4 months ? Or does it indicate manipulation of some kind ?
  • How does the TPMS work - after loss of how many PSI will it issue a warning ?
  • Where is the setting to stop automatic engine on/off ? If fuel efficiency isn't a concern, is it safe to opt out ?
  • Infotainment system:
    - The moment I switch it on, audio from the USB comes on automatically ? How do I stop this ?
    - Audio from Amazon music/YT music play well when you select source as BT, but, not when you are on Hotstar etc. How to make this happen ?
    - Is there a button, on the steering, to mute yourself when you're on a call ?

Thank you in advance.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 22:59   #729
BHPian

Quote:
  • Car is exactly 13 days old today. The service tab in the infotainment system says service is due in 304 days, whereas the Myskoda app says due in 4 months. It should ideally become due near 15k kms or 365 days. Can I ignore 304 days and 4 months ? Or does it indicate manipulation of some kind?
I haven't checked the infotainment system, but the MyApp gives the date exactly 1 year from my delivery date. Might want to get that checked in their systems.

Quote:
  • Where is the setting to stop automatic engine on/off ? If fuel efficiency isn't a concern, is it safe to opt out ?
To the right of your gear selector, there are few buttons. The last one is the one that allows you to disable automatic On/Off.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 00:39   #730
BHPian

Quote:
I've done about 1200 kms now. Has been thoroughly enjoyable. Opted for the maintenance package as well.[*] Car is exactly 13 days old today. The service tab in the infotainment system says service is due in 304 days, whereas the Myskoda app says due in 4 months. It should ideally become due near 15k kms or 365 days. Can I ignore 304 days and 4 months ? Or does it indicate manipulation of some kind ? [*]How does the TPMS work - after loss of how many PSI will it issue a warning ?

Thank you in advance.
Congrats on your Superb. Extended warranty and maintenance packs are must. 1200 kms in 13 days, that's a good drive. At this rate, maybe you will actually use the warranty kms of 100k / 150k. All the best for the many thousand miles.

On the MYSKODA app, its based on VIN date. Infotainment syst will show based on dealer reset. You can send the MYSKODA screenshot to the dealer to get that corrected.

TPMS flashes at about 4 psi lower than the set pressure. As this is not an active setup, about 10% drop in pressure gets the alert triggered, I believe that's the tolerance built in in rev check.
Karvel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 12:41   #731
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
but was thinking of a 3M wrap job over paint. Any reason you chose to paint over wrap, GTO?
Hey man,

I chose paint because it's more permanent + its the same paint shop that did the black roof on my 5-Series. On no car of mine have I put the 3M wrap (even Civic was painted), so that option didn't cross my mind.

Quote:
I've done about 1200 kms now. Has been thoroughly enjoyable.
Nice! Both our cars are at 1200 km, although I'm fairly sure you're going to overtake me soon .

Am looking forward to an upcoming Mahabaleshwar trip with both my luxo-sedans.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 13:59   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Should not be an issue at all.
Thats great! I wonder if this would affect the extended warranty. Knowing Skoda, I wouldn't be surprised if it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hey man,

I chose paint because it's more permanent ...
Got it, thanks!
Old 2nd April 2021, 14:45   #733
BHPian

Folks, looking for suggestions for car cover for Superb MY2020. The one provided with the car is a bit flimsy and dust seeps through it when it rains.

Being in Mumbai, cover should be able to handle the heavy rains and winds. Have observed that the loose ones easily tend to come out with wind, even when using the strap/buckle.
Old 2nd April 2021, 16:34   #734
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Folks, looking for suggestions for car cover for Superb MY2020. The one provided with the car is a bit flimsy and dust seeps through it when it rains.
See these threads

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...t-tph-etc.html

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ar-covers.html (Review: Coverwell car covers)
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 18:19   #735
BHPian

With 2021 update in superb, skoda is no longer offering magnetic torch. I think it was a small but very useful thing provided by Skoda.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks