Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2021, 08:50   #826

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Folks - Does the Superb support remote monitoring ? https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/myskoda-connect

Dealer says this feature only comes with the Rapid in India. Doesn't make sense. Why would Skoda not make available a critical feature like this on their most expensive model.
Never take websites for what they say, like mentioned below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenstewart View Post
I would highly recommend to check it with the dealership, as car companies are not savvy enough to keep their webpages up to date.

The very site still says that the L&K spec comes with the analog dials and the LED reflector head lamps.

With the recent MY2021 kit upgrade and the very habit of VAG firms to delete kit at a moment's notice, a double check with the dealership would do no harm.
I love to call the Skoda Superb as the car for the misfits, the ones who can rebel enough.

I'll use my MY2020 Superb L&K as the reference here. It was a car for the rear bench, with no rear USB slots. It was a car for whose previous generation had Park Pilot and projector headlamps. It was a car whose lower trim had the Virtual cockpit. It was a car meant to be chauffeur driven, but had no remote monitoring, while cars at the lower spectrum of the stable had them. It was a car that you needed the true guts to buy. It was a car that you buy just for the irony of it. It was a car that mismashed Skoda's phrase, it was simply Superb.

And yes, they don't give the Connect feature, but I don't feel like I missed out.
Old 20th June 2021, 10:04   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenstewart View Post
Never take websites for what they say, like mentioned below.

I love to call the Skoda Superb as the car for the misfits, the ones who can rebel enough.
Triggered a thought on what other features / items we would like Skoda to include / fix in our beloved Superb:

1) USB / C Port in IRVM
2) Better stock tyres
3) Option of black interiors and ability to customize the car
4) Option to select alloy design
5) Cooled and heated rear seats
6) Electric sun shade on rear view glass

What else?
AfGGN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 01:59   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfGGN View Post
Triggered a thought on what other features / items we would like Skoda to include / fix in our beloved Superb:

1) USB / C Port in IRVM
2) Better stock tyres
3) Option of black interiors and ability to customize the car
4) Option to select alloy design
5) Cooled and heated rear seats
6) Electric sun shade on rear view glass

What else?
7. E-SIM feature for location features and other connected car tech
8. Continue with passenger side, anti glare side view mirror
Old 21st June 2021, 16:20   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
7. E-SIM feature for location features and other connected car tech
8. Continue with passenger side, anti glare side view mirror
Okay, not too sure here, but the SA guy said that the '21 Superb has a JIO dongle connected to the car and the services are still under development and should start working close to Kushaq's launch. On the other hand, I cant even make the Skoda connect work well with the car. So let's see!
Old 21st June 2021, 16:26   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
Okay, not too sure here, but the SA guy said that the '21 Superb has a JIO dongle connected to the car and the services are still under development and should start working close to Kushaq's launch. On the other hand, I cant even make the Skoda connect work well with the car. So let's see!
Must be the Jio Car Connect hardware + Jio Motive app that Jio has been working on for a long time now. If so, it will be a standard ELM327 OBD reader interface pulling out key stats and packaging it with a Skoda logo etc.

Lot of other services were promised by Jio way back in 2019, but nothing fructified.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/transportat...gement-2175479

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_IN&gl=US
Old 21st June 2021, 23:01   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, not too sure here, but the SA guy said that the '21 Superb has a JIO dongle connected ... Skoda connect work well with the car. So let's see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Must be the Jio Car Connect hardware + Jio Motive app that Jio has been working on for a long...
I wonder if this is a plug and play system that can be used for older gen cars as well. Would be a great feature to have!
Old 22nd June 2021, 22:37   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Okay, not too sure here, but the SA guy said that the '21 Superb has a JIO dongle connected to the car and the services are still under development and should start working close to Kushaq's launch.
Spoke to Sales Executive today and he mentioned Superb'21 does not have any connected technology

When lower priced cars such as Hyundai are able to generate revenue stream from connected tech, why cannot premium brands such as Skoda can include it as well? Especially when it is offered in other geographies
Old 25th June 2021, 10:55   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Except for the squeaking door seals, everything else has been amazing.
Do you have a plan for this ? My Superb's left side front and rear passenger doors have been rattling since day 1.
Old 25th June 2021, 11:04   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have a plan for this ? My Superb's left side front and rear passenger doors have been rattling since day 1.
I used 'gummi pflege' as suggested on the forum. It suppresses the squeaks for some time but they come back with a bang. On my recent trip, I discovered that wiping the door seals with a cloth stops the sounds. Hence, for now, 'gummi pflege' and 'wiping down' are the only legitimate options I am banking on.

@GTO, maybe you can share how are things with your limousine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
I wonder......to have!
Similar question for you too (about the squeaking doors)
Old 25th June 2021, 13:04   #835
BHPian

Quote:

Similar question for you too (about the squeaking doors)
Hey! So far so good, no squeaks or rattles at all.

I did notice some condensation build up inside the headlights though. Given the lockdown, I havent been able to drive the car much. While there have been heavy rains, the car has been parked in the basement without any chance of rain hitting the car. I wonder if the headlight washers or humidity are the culprits
Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210625-13.02.31.jpeg

Should I be worried and get this checked out?
Old 25th June 2021, 15:15   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Hey! So far so good, no squeaks or rattles at all.

I did notice some condensation build up inside the headlights though. Given the lockdown, I havent been able to drive the car much. While there have been heavy rains, the car has been parked in the basement without any chance of rain hitting the car. I wonder if the headlight washers or humidity are the culprits
Attachment 2170908

Should I be worried and get this checked out?
This is completely normal when the ambient temperature is low enough and the air is humid. Happens even if you have driven through a lot of water. What is happening here is the headlamp lens is very cold and the residual amount of moisture inside the headlamp is condensing on it.

You only need to worry if there are physical water droplets forming inside or more importantly water puddles. Else this misting is absolutely normal.
vishy76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 15:51   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Else this misting is absolutely normal.
There is a breather pipe/outlet that vents this humidity. Nothing to worry about from my experience with my Bi-Xenons.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 15:56   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
There is a breather pipe/outlet that vents this humidity. Nothing to worry about from my experience with my Bi-Xenons.
Phew! And I was worried that my occasional pressure washes broke the seal!

Thank you!

Also, there should be some permanent solution to the doors squeaking right?
Has anyone talked to the workshop guys?
Jash2709 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 17:42   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I used 'gummi pflege' as suggested on the forum. It suppresses the squeaks for some time but they come back with a bang. On my recent trip, I discovered that wiping the door seals with a cloth stops the sounds. Hence, for now, 'gummi pflege' and 'wiping down' are the only legitimate options I am banking on.
Hi there, this door rattling issue is fairly common across VAG cars and it's due to the gap in the beading of doors where it meets the frame of the car when closed. I have been there in the same boat for almost a year. Initially I did the same with wiping of the door beadings and applying F1 protectant but it didn't last long, however I did came across a permanent solution to it.

This link was shared to me by fellow BHPian sailsailendra

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...r-rattles.html (DIY - VW Polo/Vento: Getting rid of Door Rattles)

I tried this in my Rapid and it definitely has brought down the rattling noise by around 80%.

Following is the link to my Rapid ownership where I have explained the same-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4999777 (My Skoda Rapid 1.5L Diesel DSG. EDIT: 2 years of ownership and 40,000 km up!)

If the structure of beadings are same in Rapid and Superb then I really hope it works with your respective cars too!
sachin_cs is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 20:50   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Hi there, this door rattling issue is fairly common across VAG cars and it's due to the gap in the beading of doors where it meets the frame of the car when closed. I have been there in the same boat for almost a year. Initially I did the same with wiping of the door beadings and applying F1 protectant but it didn't last long, however I did came across a permanent solution to it.
……
If the structure of beadings are same in Rapid and Superb then I really hope it works with your respective cars too!
Thanks for sharing this. Going to do it soon and share the results. Fingers crossed
agrajagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed