Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2021, 12:11   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
When pointed that mine was due in 2nd half of December, I was told that I could go 20-25 days. When I went, they said that service this early would require some email exception.
I guess should be applicable only if there is a service package. For Octavia I normally service in 9k kms or 10 months always and never had any issues of any approval. Since I am paying for the service, ideally it’s my wish when to give (obviously not after the specified limits)

Last edited by sunikkat : 28th November 2021 at 12:13.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 20:06   #1127

Hi all, experiencing some issues with my infotainment system..

1. Apple CarPlay sometimes hangs and becomes unresponsive to touch inputs.
2. ALL AUDIO suddenly stops (including Bluetooth,Radio and CarPlay).
3. A lot of static heard on both Radio and Bluetooth(software issue as static not possible on Bluetooth ).

All these would mostly resolve by letting the car rest (turned off) for 5~10 minutes.

Anyone else facing similar issues ?
Also is there any software update available for the infotainment system ?(my version is 0270)

Picture attached for software information..
Any resolution would be highly appreciated Thanks in Advance!!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-0d7ca911ff654965b8c04339183635d9.jpeg  

Old 8th December 2021, 20:16   #1128
BHPian

This was happening in the last version and with 0270 - that got resolved.
It used to happen when wireless Carplay was connected, and we turn off the MIB and turn it back on while the ignition is on, it used to freeze.

Could you share how this issue occurs / when / sequence of sorts?

Do you have your GMaps / Waze or even in teh background the inbuilt nav running? While the audio notification might be set to low, that might be causing it. Just exploring.

Some fellow superb owners have shared that when kept in wireless charging, the phones (some models) used to get warmer than usual, hence causing some disconnection issues. I've not come across that, but sharing just in case.

Any mods done - PPF in the insides / damping / roof blackening etc? To isolate and see if there might be any external factors due to any wire loose connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcoolrana View Post
Hi all, experiencing some issues with my infotainment system..

1. Apple CarPlay sometimes hangs and becomes unresponsive to touch inputs.
2. ALL AUDIO suddenly stops (including Bluetooth,Radio and CarPlay).
3. A lot of static heard on both Radio and Bluetooth(software issue as static not possible on Bluetooth ).

All these would mostly resolve by letting the car rest (turned off) for 5~10 minutes.

Anyone else facing similar issues ?
Also is there any software update available for the infotainment system ?(my version is 0270)

Picture attached for software information..
Any resolution would be highly appreciated Thanks in Advance!!
Old 8th December 2021, 20:46   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
This was happening in the last version and with 0270 - that got resolved.
It used to happen when wireless Carplay was connected, and we turn off the MIB and turn it back on while the ignition is on, it used to freeze.

Could you share how this issue occurs / when / sequence of sorts?

Do you have your GMaps / Waze or even in teh background the inbuilt nav running? While the audio notification might be set to low, that might be causing it. Just exploring.

Some fellow superb owners have shared that when kept in wireless charging, the phones (some models) used to get warmer than usual, hence causing some disconnection issues. I've not come across that, but sharing just in case.

Any mods done - PPF in the insides / damping / roof blackening etc? To isolate and see if there might be any external factors due to any wire loose connection.
No mods done like PPF inside or outside. Any loose wiring would be from the factory itself(although less likely).

First thing that came in my mind was also loose wiring with all that static/crackling in the speakers but when this was solved with a 10 minute restart I was sure it is a software issue.

I always have Google Maps running but the system freezes when the car starts and the system is powered up.

There was only one freak event in which the audio shut completely.. It has been about a month since.
I had tried many things like restarting the infotainment system, disconnecting my mobile and restarting the car in 1-2 minutes… none of this worked.
Only restarting the car after about 10 minutes solved it.

I have an Iphone 12 mini, it heats up pretty quickly in the wireless charger and have resorted to using a wired charger. This eliminates one possibility
The heating is mostly because of google maps, youtube music running in background.

Many times when I receive a call and change from CarPlay to Handset and disconnect the call, music will stop playing with CarPlay.
My solution to that is make a call, change the audio to CarPlay from handset and disconnect. This is a hack which helps only for this specific situation.

I didn’t pay much attention to the sequence of events leading to these issues.. I’ll look out for them in future.

Is 0270 the latest software ?
Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 21:38   #1130
BHPian

Quote:

I didn’t pay much attention to the sequence of events leading to these issues.. I’ll look out for them in future.

Is 0270 the latest software ?
Thanks
Sounds good. Yes. 0270 was the latest as of Sept. That's when I had written to Skoda and the dealership in replicating the issue on what I had shared before and 4 days after that is when the new firmware was shared by the corporate team to the dealerships.
If there are any other updates, then I'm afraid I am not aware. They don't reflect on their website unfortunately
Old 10th December 2021, 19:27   #1131

Quote:
Is 0270 the latest software?
Thanks
I received my SKODA SUPERB MY21 Jul-2021 VIN with infotainment unit software version #0278.
You can ask your SKODA service centre to get this latest update and then try if the issue recurs.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-infotainment_system_version.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 15th December 2021 at 18:52. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
SumanPal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 10:29   #1132
BHPian

I am at the service center for my 1st service (have bought the SMP) and they were politely asking me to pay additional for fuel line cleaning, sunroof line cleaning etc. Have told them no for anything additional.

Are these required, especially the fuel line cleaning? Was told that they pressure clean the line between tank and engine. Am told that they will make a technical entry that I was offered those options and declined to take it.

Thoughts?
Old 15th December 2021, 11:21   #1133
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My kid brother's wedding ceremonies & celebrations underway, so the cars got some floral love too. Obviously, I drove him to his wedding . Was going to drive him in the 530d, but last minute, he said he wants to be driven in "his" car. Check out pictures of the Bimmer & Jeep as well.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211214-13.53.02.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20211214-14.19.24.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 15th December 2021 at 11:41.
GTO is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 11:22   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio80 View Post
Thoughts?
They are deviating from the OEM recommended SOW, so good that they will be documenting. Do put an email to customercare@skoda-auto.co.in with this dealer in copy, things will fall into place.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 11:50   #1135
BHPian

Sir, Had a similar issue in the Tiguan.

Could you let us know whether the AC was off in the instances that such a thing happened.

The HU too needs cooling and can lag after heating up.

Regards

Last edited by manson : 22nd December 2021 at 16:50. Reason: Deleted blank row.
HsekarK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:55   #1136
BHPian

Something Similar. Had 2 of our Cars parked and decked up for sister's wedding.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-aa8daa3f7f224f8eb5e860c85f693864.jpegSkoda Superb : Official Review-fdf44b3ff44e4a2fabc15da51018eeaa.jpeg

On a side note, 2.0TSI is a gem. I've had the car return FE's close to 17-18kmpl and also cover ground real quick. An affordable Jekyll and Hyde kind of a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My kid brother's wedding ceremonies & celebrations underway, so the cars got some floral love too. Obviously, I drove him to his wedding . Was going to drive him in the 530d, but last minute, he said he wants to be driven in "his" car. Check out pictures of the Bimmer & Jeep as well.

Attachment 2245402

Attachment 2245403
nishithrao95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:28   #1137
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia, Superb get new features for 2022

Can someone share a good showroom and sales advisor to deal with for Superb in Bangalore, preferably north. I reached out to PPS Skoda in Jakkur and their response (or the lack of it) makes me wonder if I am paying for 45L car or if they are doing some sort of charity. If this is their attitude towards their top of the the shelf product, I can only pity the folks who deal with them. I keep hearing how Skoda's dealers have turned around for the good. But the ground reality seems to be very different. My interaction with both PPS VW for Tiguan and PPS Skoda for Superb have been subpar to say the least.

Last edited by SR-71 : 23rd December 2021 at 14:32.
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:35   #1138
Team-BHP Support

Re: Scoop! Skoda Octavia, Superb get new features for 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Can someone share a good showroom and sales advisor to deal with for Superb in Bangalore, preferably north. I reached out to PPS Skoda in Jakkur and their response (or the lack of it) makes me wonder if I am paying for 45L car or if they are doing some sort of charity. If this is their attitude towards their top of the the shelf product, I can only pity the folks who deal with them. I keep hearing how Skoda's dealers have turned around for the good. But the ground reality seems to be very different. My interaction with both PPS VW for Tiguan and PPS Skoda for Superb have been subpar to say the least.
You can try Yogesh: +91 9035505599

He has been very good and was the guy who I bought my Kodiaq from.

Last edited by manson : 23rd December 2021 at 15:35. Reason: Typo.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 09:06   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishithrao95 View Post
On a side note, 2.0TSI is a gem. I've had the car return FE's close to 17-18kmpl and also cover ground real quick. An affordable Jekyll and Hyde kind of a car.
Whoa ! That's insane FE numbers. The maximum I could squeeze out was 14kmpl, in the highway.

How in earth do you get to 17-18? Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Old 24th December 2021, 23:35   #1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
You can connect with Mr. Abhishek from Tafe Access (HSR Layout showroom) at +919384697240.

I was in touch with PPS Motors for my purchase of Superb this year. They did not guide me properly when choosing between MY-21 and MY-22 models. Also, in terms of final offer - they were way more than the other 2 dealers in Bangalore.

Tafe Access has been very transparent and honest with their offer. They accommodated all my requests / preferences related to the purchase, registration and delivery. Overall - a good buying experience with Tafe Access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Whoa ! That's insane FE numbers. The maximum I could squeeze out was 14kmpl, in the highway.

How in earth do you get to 17-18? Any tips would be greatly appreciated
This is from my drive on 23-Dec Hyderabad (Banjara Hills) to Bangalore (Whitefield). IOCL XP95, cruising mostly between 80-90 kmph with occasional bursts to 3-digit speeds for overtaking. Note the range on the instrument cluster - that was after driving 158 km since tank-full. End of my journey, it was showing range at ~750 km. Used NORMAL driving mode all through - no use of SPORTS or ECO mode. The car is indeed economical to drive on long highway trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-economy.jpeg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th December 2021 at 00:00. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
SumanPal is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed