Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2016, 03:14   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Is it from the leather seats rubbing against the console sides and door pads? My Octavia also squeaks in a similar manner.
Old 9th July 2016, 08:31   #122
BHPian

For my Laura it was the door locking hook making the noise( the metal loop to which the door locks on the b and c pillar. Skoda guys looped a tape to get rid of that and it worked. But I decided to live with the slight noise and removed the tape. The noise has vanished now. I think it is the same noise that Polo owners complain.
Old 9th July 2016, 09:50   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is it from the leather seats rubbing against the console sides and door pads? My Octavia also squeaks in a similar manner.

Thanks for the feedback I too feel this could be a possible cause. Will check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
For my Laura it was the door locking hook making the noise( the metal loop to which the door locks on the b and c pillar. Skoda guys looped a tape to get rid of that and it worked. But I decided to live with the slight noise and removed the tape. The noise has vanished now. I think it is the same noise that Polo owners complain.

I doubt this is the problem but will check it out nonetheless. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th July 2016 at 10:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Old 15th July 2016, 09:20   #124
BHPian

In that case try lubricating the sides with silicone oil and see if that helps!
Old 15th July 2016, 10:50   #125
BHPian

If its leather rubbing and squeaking, first clean it, dry it and then apply talcum powder on it. Safest and trustworthy solution to deal with leather squeaks
maverhick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 18:23   #126
Senior - BHPian

I am owning the Octavia style plus TDI and observed that almost all of the features available in Superb style is available in mine too. superb only looks like a grown up octavia. now the difference of around seven lacs between the two style models might dissuade many people from superb. L&K variant has some new features for which we have to shell out some more money. is it wise to spend another three lacs on the L&K features?
Old 10th August 2016, 23:05   #127
BHPian

Great review !!
I am currently in this Dilemma - I wanted to change my car after 4 years of use from Skoda Laura to another. I had pretty much decided to go for Innova Crysta Diesel top end AT for an additional seating space which I am not sure whether will be useful regularly for me. But after test driving Superb Tsi 1.8 AT I am sort of blown away from the quality of drive and the refinement.
Old 10th August 2016, 23:46   #128
BHPian

Skoda Superb : Official Review

I can promise you that the Superb is an unbelievable package. It outclasses rivals that are almost double its price. You only have to pray that she doesn't throw any mechanical tantrums your way!
Old 14th August 2016, 08:36   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABbaby View Post
I have had the superb for about 3 months now and have driven about 3000 Kms.
Very interested in knowing more about the FE. With you staying in Bandra, I imagine that the average speed in most of its by-lanes will not exceed 20kmph in start stop conditions. I assume you are owning a TSI dark grey colour; seen that in Bandra a few times.
Old 14th August 2016, 09:42   #130
Team-BHP Support

During my recent trip to Prague, we were given chauffeured Superbs. These were L&K manual variants. Excellent space and comfort in both front and rear. Ride was a little firm. It looks good on the standard suspension + gunmetal alloys

Skoda Superb : Official Review-dsc_1354.jpg
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2016, 09:57   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khushrav View Post
Very interested in knowing more about the FE. With you staying in Bandra, I imagine that the average speed in most of its by-lanes will not exceed 20kmph in start stop conditions. I assume you are owning a TSI dark grey colour; seen that in Bandra a few times.

The FE in the city hovers around 7kmpl. On highway trips it substantially improves to 11-12. Mine isn't grey but white.
Old 14th August 2016, 10:00   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
During my recent trip to Prague, we were given chauffeured Superbs. These were L&K manual variants. Excellent space and comfort in both front and rear. Ride was a little firm. It looks good on the standard suspension + gunmetal alloys

Attachment 1541474

Just love the Navy Blue colour. I wish Skoda had more colours on the Superb. But then again this is Skoda, the functioning's of this company in India are a mystery to many.
Old 14th August 2016, 11:29   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezrskb View Post
Great review !!
I am currently in this Dilemma - I wanted to change my car after 4 years of use from Skoda Laura to another. I had pretty much decided to go for Innova Crysta Diesel top end AT for an additional seating space which I am not sure whether will be useful regularly for me. But after test driving Superb Tsi 1.8 AT I am sort of blown away from the quality of drive and the refinement.
I am genuinely surprised that after owning a Skoda, you are thinking of a Toyota. Is additional seating space your only requirement or there are other reasons as well ? Otherwise for me its a downgrade.
Old 14th August 2016, 17:46   #134
BHPian

Not exactly. Actually I wanted a spacious vehicle, reliable engine, good after sale service
,an automatic, service being available nearby (Skoda is 60 kms and Toyota is 5)..diesel L &K superb which is not launched yet is beyond my budget. I wanted to buy Pertol Superb but I guess I don't want to take risks with DQ200 7 speed gearbox with Tsi engine. In MPV / SUV segment Ford Endeavor is too big and tall to get in for my parents, same with fortuner. Santa Fe was 40 L with dull interiors. After test driving Innova crysta AT me and my family liked it.
Old 16th August 2016, 23:31   #135
BHPian

My superb Superb has recently started behaving a little strange. When I brake (gently) at fairly high speeds I get some shuddering from the left front wheel. When the braking is hard there is no problem also when I am at slow speeds there isn't any shudder. It's kind of odd but only at high speeds and very mild braking does this happen. I was wondering if this could be the ABS acting up? Would appreciate if anyone could shine some light? Or else a visit to the ever so helpful Skoda service seems to be the next step.

Most Viewed