Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 19:32   #1381
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I have added some comments from my side in bold.
I'm pretty sure you can enable the digital readout in the MID, yes. I was just referring to the actual gauge. You'd like the analogue unit as it's quite classy.

About the parking, experiencing it for yourself really is the best way to find out! Good luck.

And no, the headlights do not auto dip for oncoming traffic (although it is possible to enable the feature using VCDS on cars with the 360-degree camera), thankfully. Such a feature would rarely work in Indian conditions.

Quote:
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I have gone through your thread in detail already
No problem, good luck with your purchase.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 13:36   #1382

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanPal View Post
Just completed 1 year anniversary of my Superb L&K (2021 model). Covered 10500km. Few updates.

Service: 1 year / 15k service done at Raja Skoda, Bangalore. Experience is positive. Service advisor did not push for any additional work. Net cost ZERO because of service package.
Hello Sumanpal - A nice Read and congratulation on your "Superb 1 year Anniversary". I have a question, (in fact, this is for all lovely superb owners). I purchased the Superb L&K 2022 in August. The PPS Skoda sales guys are pushing me for a service package - 51K for 4 years.

My question is, "Is it worth it"? Should I go for it? Any points on how should I evaluate / decide whether should i go for it or not? May I negotiate?

Second general point, I wanted to bring to the notice of every Superb owner here is - The rear seatbelt behind the driver is malfunctioning. I realized the problem only after 1 month of purchase, at which point I had a passenger sitting in that seat and trying to wear a seatbelt. Skoda said they have never seen a problem like this. The seatbelt did not draw itself across at all to lock. we had to pull it in very carefully in a straight line. Well, as I type this, my superb is in the garage getting a fix. PPS Skoda says they have got the part from Czech Republic itself. and they have taken 3 weeks for this.

The best part is, when I told them, ok you got the part, Good, Replace it, Good. How are we testing it? All the Garage guys just looked at me.

Now Good folks of BHP Forum / Skoda owners - Any suggestions?

Srinidhi

Last edited by Aditya : 13th December 2022 at 06:36. Reason: Formatting
Old 7th December 2022, 00:41   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnidhi View Post

The best part is, when i told them, ok you got the part , Good, Replace it , Good. How are we testing it? All the Garage guys, just looked at me.

Now Good folks of BHP Fourm / Skoda owners - Any suggestions?

Srinidhi
If you give a sharp, quick tug at the seatbelt, it should lock, without moving forward further. That's your test.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 08:53   #1384

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
If you give a sharp, quick tug at the seatbelt, it should lock, without moving forward further. That's your test.
Thank you so much Sanju. My car is coming back today. Will.check it and update. Thanks again

Regards
Old 7th December 2022, 13:11   #1385

Quote:
I have a question, (infact, this is for all lovely superb owners). I purchased the Superb L&K 2022 in August. The PPS skoda sales guys are pushing me for a service package - 51K for 4 years.

My question is, "Is it worth it" ? Should i go for it? Any points on how should i evaluate / decide whether should i go for it or not? May i negotiate?

I will recommend to go for the 4 years prepaid service plan. Peace of mind and will cover any future service cost escalation. My understanding - this amount will be payable directly to Skoda (Škoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited) - hence chances of negotiation can be limited (unless Skoda offers a discount). Still try your best.

Hope you have opted for the 2 years' extended warranty. That is a must have.
SumanPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 17:26   #1386

Thanks a ton Suman for the response and your thoughts. Will deliberate. No I haven't yet taken the 2 yrs extended warranty too.

Will it be OK, if I take it in the 3rd year? As it is already covered for 4 yrs
Old 8th December 2022, 10:31   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumanPal View Post
I will recommend to go for the 4 years prepaid service plan. Peace of mind and will cover any future service cost escalation. My understanding - this amount will be payable directly to Skoda (Škoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited) - hence chances of negotiation can be limited (unless Skoda offers a discount).
Spot on. Although, once a dealer generates this quote against a VIN, no other dealer can quote until you get involved and ask them to disassociate.

Quote:
Hello Sumanpal - A nice Read and congratulation on your "Superb 1 year Anniversary". I have a question, (infact, this is for all lovely superb owners). I purchased the Superb L&K 2022 in August. The PPS skoda sales guys are pushing me for a service package - 51K for 4 years.

My question is, "Is it worth it" ? Should i go for it? Any points on how should i evaluate / decide whether should i go for it or not? May i negotiate?

Srinidhi
You get a price lock in for 4 yrs at today's rates. Well worth it.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 10:43   #1388

Quote:
No I haven't yet taken the 2 yrs extended warranty too.

Will it be OK, if I take it in the 3rd year? As it is already covered for 4 yrs
I am not sure about this. What I understood, this is something which can be purchased later as well. But to make sure, check SKODA official web site, speak to their call centre or get it in writing from your dealer.
SumanPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 12:54   #1389
BHPian

Hello Superb Owners, Any update on 2023 Skoda Superb ? I recently visited their showroom in Bangalore for a Superb Test ride. Sales Manager did not give any confirmed information on the discontinuation of 2.0L engine. He indicated that there is no new update and they have been informed that there will be no change in superb model for 2023. However another sales manager hinted Skoda my bring in Superb IV PHEV after discontinuation of this model.

During test drive, i was informed that they have received a notification to update new buyers that there will be no ready stock and the vehicle will be planned only post confirmed booking.

Can any one share some light on the future updates for superb with their interaction with Skoda dealers during service ?

I was under impression that if this 2.0 petrol is going to be axed (was also expecting that there might be some good discount for last pieces), i will pick up one before it is executed. however now, I am thinking if it makes sense to wait for a PHEV ?
Old 8th December 2022, 13:32   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad:) View Post
Any update on 2023 Skoda Superb ?
I made a TD of Octavia and superb recently at Chennai and yes the models are sunset from 2023 March.

They are expected to be back by 2024 in form of PHEV / ICE compiling with BS6 Phase 2 .

To fill the gap, there will be PHEV import as CBU mid 2023. I was shared that the expected price for Octavia PHEV is around 41 Lakh (Ex showroom). So it may come to ~50 Lakh OTR considering it is a CBU. So expect the superb to be priced in a similar way. May be 55-60 Lakh OTR (just my speculation)

And yes, they are informing prospective buyers in advance to get the allocation. However, you might get a discount if you end up finding a dealer with Superb in stock.
vagster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 17:09   #1391
BHPian

Any opinions ? is PHEV worth the wait ? I watched a few global reviews of car. It has a 1.4L Petrol Motor. What i liked is that the EV range is 50-60Kms on full charge. so effectively for short office commutes, it is as good as a EV. however is the power sufficient for long rides with a small motor is my doubt ? I mean, specially when the battery is drained out.

Together combined drive train (Pertol +EV) output is equivalent to outgoing petrol drivetrain.

Any global experiences with members having or test driven Skoda IV cars ?
sad:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 09:39   #1392
BHPian

Did visit another Skoda in Bangalore. Learnt that the showrooms have been asked not to take any new Octavia and Suberb bookings for 2023. Reason is not very clear even to Skoda showroom. Executive hinted me that there might be a facelift in plans towards second half of 2023. No update on PHEV variant.

Read another thread today, about the Octavia VRS IV today.
Old 7th January 2023, 12:14   #1393
BHPian

Mid year, 36000 kms update: upon checking, I noticed the coolant level to be lower than the minimum mark by half an inch. I wanted to observe it for 2 weeks. I was convinced it wasn't a leak as the level kept constant. But I wanted to get it topped up. I am very finicky about coolant and the brake fluid. Not so much about the oil. So i started searching for G13 coolant. Upon reading, it comes out G13 has been universally replaced with G12 evo. Fortunately this is available online and a liter of premixed costs 393/-. Original OEM. Not bad! But i decided to try out another workshop in my locality. I usually go to Brite skoda in Noida. But i thought of giving Zedex Skoda a chance. It is a HUGE facility in Sahibabad just before Delhi UP border. It's multiple brands owned by the same Shekhawati group. I reached the workshop at around 12. No prior information. I was promptly attended to by a SA. His name is Mayank. Without any fuss he agreed to give me a bottle of coolant. He asked a mechanic to top it up. Did a cursory check and ascertained there was no leakage and billing was done promptly, again. I also asked him to look at the front passenger window switch which was acting funny. Strangely it was working in front of him. Problem could not be replicated . Overall short, pleasant experience at Zedex. 10/10

Otoh, the car had developed a lot of swirls and micro abrasions. Got it detailed too. The sheen is back and the swirls are gone 90%. That's a seperate report.

Happy satisfied ownership. No complaint. I am always using 50 50 XP95 and 91 petrol. Like I fill 2k worth 95 and 2K worth 91 whenever "the mark" comes up.

Bad : the sunroof rattle remains, the dash squeak remains but I just change the foam padding. The door squeak : like i explained elsewhere, applying the silicone over the correct beading, silences it for 6 months.

Happy customer, touchwood!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 7th January 2023 at 12:16.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 19:53   #1394

Hey All,

Seeking an expert opinion, I accidentally damaged the front bumper (left side) around the fog lamp of my 6-month-old Skoda Superb L&K (sorry could not take the picture), I was just foolish and could not understand the fuel station team's hand gestures not to come forward as there was a small barrier they had built to protect the air inflater, which wasn't visible until we heard the BANG sound.

Can someone please advise if this requires a complete change of the front bumper? If so, how much would that cost and would it be wise to exercise the insurance or pay from pocket?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th January 2023, 23:36   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgautam31 View Post
Hey All,

Seeking an expert opinion, I accidentally damaged the front bumper (left side) around the fog lamp of my 6-month-old Skoda Superb L&K (sorry could not take the picture), I was just foolish and could not understand the fuel station team's hand gestures not to come forward as there was a small barrier they had built to protect the air inflater, which wasn't visible until we heard the BANG sound.

Can someone please advise if this requires a complete change of the front bumper? If so, how much would that cost and would it be wise to exercise the insurance or pay from pocket?

Thanks in advance.
Well mistakes happen and even accidents too, don't worry too much, get it done using insurance, that's why you are paying that fat premium, the whole thing would be replaced, for price you have to get a quotation from the service center.
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks