Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2018, 11:58   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

So did you get the delivery of the MY19 Superb? Any specific changes good/bad? Do update as a lot of people I know are being drawn towards the Superb but I'm restraining them till the update comes!
Old 12th December 2018, 20:31   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
So did you get the delivery of the MY19 Superb? Any specific changes good/bad? Do update as a lot of people I know are being drawn towards the Superb but I'm restraining them till the update comes!
Unfortunately not yet. Hopefully it will be this coming week. I’ll keep you posted
Old 18th December 2018, 13:36   #303
BHPian

2019 superb facelift spotted without camouflage.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-skoda_superb_81_5c17bda8e1e2b.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skoda_superb_50_5c17bda8133e0.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skoda_superb_80_5c17bda8ab976.jpg  

BLACKRiVAL is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 11:57   #304
BHPian

Got the MY19 car delivered. Nothing noticeably new from 18
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2018, 23:28   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Got the MY19 car delivered. Nothing noticeably new from 18

What are the differences could you share please ? Does it have electronic display ?
Old 23rd December 2018, 00:22   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
What are the differences could you share please ? Does it have electronic display ?
No virtual cockpit. It has the metal pedals but apart from that, I don’t really see any differences from the 2018 yet.
Old 23rd December 2018, 03:01   #307
A C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKRiVAL View Post
2019 superb facelift spotted without camouflage.
Love the tail lamps! Hope there’ll be a way to upgrade my ‘18 Superb’s tail lamps to these!
Old 23rd December 2018, 08:42   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No virtual cockpit. It has the metal pedals but apart from that, I don’t really see any differences from the 2018 yet.
Zahir, we want pictures! Congratulations anyway.
Old 23rd December 2018, 10:34   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Zahir, we want pictures! Congratulations anyway.
For sure. Thank you. Can’t say the buying experience was smooth though and neither was the delivery. Got the car this past Friday and the umbrellas came yesterday, on my insistence. Parts of the accessories are still missing. You’ve got to pretty much keep a track of everything with these guys.

Got the tyres changes to P3STs almost right away, same profile. Much quieter. Overall the car drives well, butter smooth and an almost disconnected driving experience with little feedback from the steering or suspension. Could it be the 35psi on the tyres? Lights are pretty good at night, I hadn’t tried these out on my TDs.

I have a few questions though
1. Does anyone know how to increase the brightness on the instrument cluster? I tried but couldn’t find the option

2. I plan on trying on Kamyo, any suggestion on paint protection or must dos on a new car? I generally use someone else but I’ve heard good things about them

3. 35psi ok on a Tdi?

Thanks

Last edited by Zahir : 23rd December 2018 at 10:56.
Old 24th December 2018, 00:49   #310
BHPian

Quote:
I have a few questions though
1. Does anyone know how to increase the brightness on the instrument cluster? I tried but couldn’t find the option

2. I plan on trying on Kamyo, any suggestion on paint protection or must dos on a new car? I generally use someone else but I’ve heard good things about them

3. 35psi ok on a Tdi?

Thanks
1. I remember seeing this option deep inside the settings menu. Lemme see if I can dig it up again.

3. Depends. If you’re gonna be driving the car around solo, keep it at 33 or 34. If you intend to carry 3 or 4 persons including the driver, then stick to 35, max. Not more, though. You can take it up to 38 in case of a full load, with all of the boot’s 620 litres eaten up, but even then 36 should be enough, but that’s just me. In any case, try 33 or 34 psi for a couple of days and see the difference for yourself. Also, the Superb has a vertical pitching/movement issue on undulating roads at high speeds, and I think regulating the psi according to the weight your car is carrying could offset the movement to a slight extent. suppose there’s only so much you can do to negate the effect of a softer suspension. In any case, don’t take my word for it: I’m no nerd at these things, perhaps one of the experts could explain if I’m right or not.

Congrats, and I wish you many happy miles and journeys with your new acquisition. You will fall in love with your car, I can assure you, because I did with mine, and I still haven’t got over the feeling of excitement I get when I throw a second glance at it now and then.
Old 24th December 2018, 08:30   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
1. I remember seeing this option deep inside the settings menu. Lemme see if I can dig it up again.

3. Depends. If you’re gonna be driving the car around solo, keep it at 33 or 34. If you intend to carry 3 or 4 persons including the driver, then stick to 35, max. Not more, though. You can take it up to 38 in case of a full load, with all of the boot’s 620 litres eaten up, but even then 36 should be enough, but that’s just me. In any case, try 33 or 34 psi for a couple of days and see the difference for yourself. Also, the Superb has a vertical pitching/movement issue on undulating roads at high speeds, and I think regulating the psi according to the weight your car is carrying could offset the movement to a slight extent. suppose there’s only so much you can do to negate the effect of a softer suspension. In any case, don’t take my word for it: I’m no nerd at these things, perhaps one of the experts could explain if I’m right or not.

Congrats, and I wish you many happy miles and journeys with your new acquisition. You will fall in love with your car, I can assure you, because I did with mine, and I still haven’t got over the feeling of excitement I get when I throw a second glance at it now and then.
Thank you for the detailed response. Let me know once you figure the brightness option, just couldn’t find it so the cluster sits full at the moment.

Great looking car, undoubtedly. Spacious and really feature packed. I would say the drive is more Audi and less Volkswagen (Jetta). The Jetta begged to be thrown around and take on turns with sheer confidence. You felt the road and every groove but that was part of the appeal. Still the best driver’s car in the segment IMO - just raw. The Superb is sophisticated and refined in the way it moves. While it glides over almost every bump I felt in the Jetta, it has the power, more even but I’m not as inspired to rev it as the Jetta. I mean, you don’t run a race in a suit. For me it’s an enjoy the drive (Jetta) vs enjoy the ride (Superb).

Btw, the psi figures you’ve quoted are for the TSI right? Most TDi owners are recommending 36 for light and up to 40 oven for a fully loaded car.
Zahir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 11:48   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For me it’s an enjoy the drive (Jetta) vs enjoy the ride (Superb)
Very well penned down, Zahir. Tell me, did you test drive the Passat? Where did it fit into this Jetta & Superb comparo? Quietly went to see the P yesterday. Came away very impressed and hence asking. Need a driver's car so does the DCC adjustable shockers make a big difference?
Old 24th December 2018, 13:29   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very well penned down, Zahir. Tell me, did you test drive the Passat? Where did it fit into this Jetta & Superb comparo? Quietly went to see the P yesterday. Came away very impressed and hence asking. Need a driver's car so does the DCC adjustable shockers make a big difference?
Hey Sanjeev

I did the entire routine actually. Right from the Octavia TSI > TDI > Superb TSI > TDI > Passat.

The Passat isn’t a bad car at all really. In fact, I’m a big fan of the Volkswagen service. Always been super smooth. At one point I was gravitating towards the Passat. However, a couple of things that made me pick the Superb were

1. The Passat felt overall dated. They’ve brought in these black interiors which work against the car IMO. Makes the car feel smaller than it is. The overall interior made me feel like it was a generation or two behind the Superb

2. The backseat space is lesser than the Superb

3. Being a big fan of diesels (haven’t owned a petrol for the last 4-5 cars), I really enjoy the turbo and though the Passat has the same engine and gearbox (???), the linear power delivery makes is behave more petrol like where the power comes in in one progressive go. No jolts, no push, just straight line. I personally love diesel turbo because of the turbo drama when you hit the power bands. Superb had that, more refined than the Jetta but cruder than the Passat. Petrol heads switching over to TDIs would prefer the Passat I suspect because of this behaviour

4. DCC and 360 camera were the +s but the Superb had a lot more going for it overall. Plus the overall GC is higher in the Superb because it’s sans DCC and that was one of my requirements given the deplorable conditions of our roads

5. My main reason to upgrade an excellent condition Jetta was the space and comfort for the family in the back seat. Even in comfort mode, the Passat felt stiff and the suspension was a bit of a back breaker on bad roads. Conversely Superb = Butter, whether you’d like it or not

Lastly, I’ve always driven my own cars and while I wouldn’t say the Superb is the quintessential driver’s car, it’s easy to love. Pretty manoeuvrable and not as bad as you would think around corners, especially with the tyre upgrade.

I would suggest you TD both on the same route, back to back.

Last edited by Zahir : 24th December 2018 at 13:30.
Zahir is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2019, 18:08   #314
BHPian

What gearbox does the new superb come with , dq 200 or 250
Old 12th January 2019, 19:51   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten View Post
What gearbox does the new superb come with , dq 200 or 250
Both. TSI > DQ200, TDI > DQ250. No gearbox or engine changes from last year’s model

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks