Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2019, 19:54   #316
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Both. TSI > DQ200, TDI > DQ250. No gearbox or engine changes from last year’s model
Thanks its huge relief the new superb tdi has the dq 250 as i guess it must be more reliable than the 200 one
Old 12th January 2019, 19:57   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by morten View Post
Thanks its huge relief the new superb tdi has the dq 250 as i guess it must be more reliable than the 200 one
The diesel has always had the 250 and yes, it seems to be a fair bit more reliable than the petrol’s 200
Old 15th January 2019, 22:09   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Sanjeev

I did the entire routine actually. Right from the Octavia TSI > TDI > Superb TSI > TDI > Passat.

I would suggest you TD both on the same route, back to back.
Hey Zahir,

Hope you're enjoying the Superb and we can expect insights and some pictures from you .

What are your views now on my dilemma upgrading from an Octavia TSI to a Passat TDI or Superb TSI / TDI? Or bite the bullet and maybe go for a heavily discounted A4 TDI?
Old 15th January 2019, 23:30   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey Zahir,

Hope you're enjoying the Superb and we can expect insights and some pictures from you .

What are your views now on my dilemma upgrading from an Octavia TSI to a Passat TDI or Superb TSI / TDI? Or bite the bullet and maybe go for a heavily discounted A4 TDI?
Hey Sanjeev

Yes, the car is really very good to drive, easy. Very comfortable on the road and the cabin is a pretty good place to be. Haven’t had the chance to really click pictures yet but there’s nothing really noteworthy save maybe the pedals. One thing I will say is that over the 600kms I’ve driven so far, the car isn’t that bad around turns and the tyre upgrade certainly helps. A bit of body roll but nothing you can’t handle. And the car is quick. I’ve kept the revs below 3k but still, that 120-130 marks comes up pretty fast. Can’t wait to be done with the 1500km mark. You wouldn’t expect to drive a car like this enthusiastically but you very easily can. It’s overall very enjoyable in its own right.

I’m mentioned before, the Passat wasn’t very appealing to me personally and having driven the Superb now, I’m very happy with my decision. The TSI never appealed to me on the Superb though, I much prefer the diesel torque. So my vote goes to the Superb TDi hands down over the Passat or the TSI.

The A4 TDI, however, is a very good car. Really fast (sun 8s to a 100, Superb is a little over 8), great 7 Speed DSG, DCC and excellent fit and finish. While I think the Superb is fantastic value for money, out classing more expensive cars as far as kit goes, the A4 is just overall more premium minus the extra space that the superb offers in the back seat and boot. Not to mention the badge value of an Audi, if it matters to you.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Zahir : 15th January 2019 at 23:40.
Zahir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 10:17   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

IAB: https://indianautosblog.com/2019-sko...images-p316080

Unsure about the looks for both the front and back end. Neither the alloys are great on the L&K and in fact, the Style alloys looks better.

I think the current one looks more 'regal'!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-2019skodasuperbfaceliftfrontthreequartersle9901.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2019skodasuperbfaceliftimagesfront13d12.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2019skodasuperbfaceliftimagesrear1c322.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2019skodasuperbfaceliftimagessideprofiled2a4.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2019skodasuperbfacelifttopviewsideprofile8d6a.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2019skodasuperbfacelifttopviewsideprofiles1502.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 05:50   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the car is really very good to drive, easy. Very comfortable on the road and the cabin is a pretty good place to be. Haven’t had the chance to really click pictures yet but there’s nothing really noteworthy save maybe the pedals. One thing I will say is that over the 600kms I’ve driven so far, the car isn’t that bad around turns and the tyre upgrade certainly helps. A bit of body roll but nothing you can’t handle. And the car is quick. I’ve kept the revs below 3k but still, that 120-130 marks comes up pretty fast. Can’t wait to be done with the 1500km mark. You wouldn’t expect to drive a car like this enthusiastically but you very easily can. It’s overall very enjoyable in its own right.

I’m mentioned before, the Passat wasn’t very appealing to me personally and having driven the Superb now, I’m very happy with my decision. The TSI never appealed to me on the Superb though, I much prefer the diesel torque. So my vote goes to the Superb TDi hands down over the Passat or the TSI.

The A4 TDI, however, is a very good car. Really fast (sun 8s to a 100, Superb is a little over 8), great 7 Speed DSG, DCC and excellent fit and finish. While I think the Superb is fantastic value for money, out classing more expensive cars as far as kit goes, the A4 is just overall more premium minus the extra space that the superb offers in the back seat and boot. Not to mention the badge value of an Audi, if it matters to you.
If you’re looking for the best driver’s car along with value for money, I’d put my money on the Octavia RS, however if you’re looking to go a segment higher, the Passat Highline Connect and the Superb Sportline are amazing value for money cars. The Superb Sportline looks pretty swanky too! Though you must keep in mind the fact that both cars are due for a face-lift by 2020.

Quote:
Unsure about the looks for both the front and back end. Neither the alloys are great on the L&K and in fact, the Style alloys looks better.

I think the current one looks more 'regal'!
Personally, I love the rear end, and I’m sure even the rest of the car will start to grow on us once it arrives in India. As far as the alloys are concerned, these pics are not of the India-spec cars. For all you know, the India-spec car may be a better package!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th January 2019 at 08:00. Reason: Correcting typo as requested
Old 22nd January 2019, 19:49   #322
BHPian

The facelift looks silly to me, main culprits being the bumpers.
morten is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 20:48   #323
BHPian

The " S K O D A " letters on the boot of the face lift superb don't look good. It looks like aftermarket job.
Rest of the car looks good to me.
Brigadier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 22:00   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
The " S K O D A " letters on the boot of the face lift superb don't look good. It looks like aftermarket job.
Rest of the car looks good to me.
My thoughts exactly - looks rather 'non-classy'.
Also, the front seems somewhat weird, with the headlamps touching the grille - not to my taste. The current Superb looks much better IMHO
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 16:21   #325
BHPian

Quick update

A little over a month of having the car, here’s what I have noticed :
a. The infotainment is quirky. Audio is decent but if you’re relying on Apple CarPlay, it’s not always that smooth. Sometimes it will fail to detect the phone, other times, it will drop the connection. Software definitely needs an update to fix bugs

2. When I push the engine, it’s almost as if some fumes make it into the cabin from the engine bay. It’s not always but once in a while

3. Overall the cars a breeze to drive and I have grown to appreciate the features such as the mirrors, virtual pedal, park system and auto hold

4. Skoda boss command is a joke. Bluetooth works better with lesser linking drama. Extremely overrated. I went through the hoops and expected something great at the end of it. Bt gave me the same or better results

Nothing special done to the car besides the PP from Kamyo and Llumar PPF on the bumpers, mirrors and lights
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 12:52   #326
Senior - BHPian

Uhh FUMES you say?! Could you elaborate on this as to is it just some off smell or smoke? Either of them are weird in a brand new car. Do check for signs of engine oil near the refill cap. Have you crossed 1000-2000 kms? Last I can see you were at about 600 km a month ago. If not, don't push the car beyond 3500-4000 RPM for now in any gear. Quite intriguing though as this has never been experienced by me.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 07:47   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Uhh FUMES you say?! Could you elaborate on this as to is it just some off smell or smoke? Either of them are weird in a brand new car. Do check for signs of engine oil near the refill cap. Have you crossed 1000-2000 kms? Last I can see you were at about 600 km a month ago. If not, don't push the car beyond 3500-4000 RPM for now in any gear. Quite intriguing though as this has never been experienced by me.
Thanks. I’ll check the oil. It’s sporadic if anything.

Yes I’m at about 1500 now. During this time, haven’t really exceeded 3000-3200 and it’s only now that I’m pushing it a little. Not really crossing 4K

I generally follow a light foot rule with diesels and start pushing it post 1k on the odo. Every now and then, I’ll drive around in sport just to get the revs going. Oil change coming up at 5k to get rid of any run in metals/chips. All this followed by a ‘no cold push’ and 2 min idle rule post a drive.
Zahir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 10:38   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I’ll check the oil. It’s sporadic if anything.

Yes I’m at about 1500 now. During this time, haven’t really exceeded 3000-3200 and it’s only now that I’m pushing it a little. Not really crossing 4K

I generally follow a light foot rule with diesels and start pushing it post 1k on the odo. Every now and then, I’ll drive around in sport just to get the revs going. Oil change coming up at 5k to get rid of any run in metals/chips. All this followed by a ‘no cold push’ and 2 min idle rule post a drive.
Glad to hear all going well

As for the 'fumes', suggest you give it some time. Could be weird smells from any number of components bedding in starting from v-belts, brakes, cat-con etc. Of course, should NOT enter the cabin regardless.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 21:29   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Glad to hear all going well

As for the 'fumes', suggest you give it some time. Could be weird smells from any number of components bedding in starting from v-belts, brakes, cat-con etc. Of course, should NOT enter the cabin regardless.
Thanks. It’s very sporadic. Hasn’t occurred in the past week or so

The other thing I’d like to put out there is that while it is undoubtedly an excellent car, the fit and finish, is decent but by no means spectacular. Ex. The front passenger door doesn’t always shut in a swift motion and needs a second attempt, the tray below the Ac vents at the back has popped out and won’t go back on to it’s hinge etc
Zahir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 18:31   #330
Team-BHP Support

Went to the Skoda dealer today to check the Kodiaq L&K. Also saw a new Superb ready for delivery.

Something looked different. It was a L&K Superb and I clearly remembered only the SPortline had all black interiors. This L&K had dark interiors so I asked the sales guy.

2019 Superb no longer gets beige seats and interiors. Skoda has changed to black dash and doors and dark chocolate brown leather seats. They looked absolutely yum.

The interior just felt so much premium than before.

I hope the colour scheme makes it way to the Kodiaq as well. I am not a fan of the Kodiaqs beige as well.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd March 2019 at 22:30.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks