Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2019, 10:26   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Thats pretty surprising as the Facelift is due anytime now. As usual Skoda clearing stocks of kits lying in the Eu or China as they get the all brown interior options there. No info found online yet about these changes though, neither in any press release by SAIPL. Was the headliner also of a darker shade grey/black?
Old 5th March 2019, 13:23   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

2019 Superb no longer gets beige seats and interiors. Skoda has changed to black dash and doors and dark chocolate brown leather seats. They looked absolutely yum.

The interior just felt so much premium than before.
Wow. Any photos?
There is too much beige in Skodas these days, and hence the Passat interiors felt refreshing though Superb is actually more handsome and VFM than Passat. Nice to know that this is fixed!
Old 5th March 2019, 18:01   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Wow. Any photos?
There is too much beige in Skodas these days, and hence the Passat interiors felt refreshing though Superb is actually more handsome and VFM than Passat. Nice to know that this is fixed!
The seats had cloth covers on it (the type of cloth used instead of plastic bags). It was awaiting delivery so we respected the sales assistants wish not to sit in it
Old 6th March 2019, 13:08   #334
Senior - BHPian

A sales advisor from local dealer sent me these on request:
Skoda Superb : Official Review-photo20190305150234.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-photo20190305150230.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-photo20190305150231.jpg
Skoda Superb : Official Review-photo20190305150211.jpg

Love the dark brown seats with black panels all around!

Sadly the headliner is still beige, that looks rather odd to me but some might make peace with it. Keeping the roof lighter may just give a richer sense of space I believe.

This isn't any special edition, just pure MY19 L&K Superb.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 13:44   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Attachment 1856198
Attachment 1856199
Attachment 1856200
Attachment 1856202

Sadly the headliner is still beige, that looks rather odd to me but some might make peace with it. Keeping the roof lighter may just give a richer sense of space I believe.

This must be from the newer batch because I have an MY19 and my seats are beige.

This is just my opinion but had the seats been black, this would have had my vote. Dark brown look appalling IMO. Had this been on display during my purchase, I would have second guessed my decision based solely on the colour of these brown seats
Zahir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 14:17   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
This must be from the newer batch because I have an MY19 and my seats are beige.

This is just my opinion but had the seats been black, this would have had my vote. Dark brown look appalling IMO. Had this been on display during my purchase, I would have second guessed my decision based solely on the colour of these brown seats

Hey Zahir! When I saw these pics I first remembered you just got your car few months back. But I think yours is MFG year 2019? Then it could be that yours is an Model Year 2018 but made in 2019. This is indeed the Model Year 2019 and MFG year 2019, I confirmed with two other people I know at the dealership. I personally like anything else besides beige. This brown color on the seats with the business Grey or black exterior would look very nice.
Old 6th March 2019, 14:25   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
While no doubt it's a change from those light beige seats, I have to agree with Zahir that I don't like this colour. It's available as a no-cost option on the UK car configurator and from the threads on Briskoda, not a big hit.

Looks like they have channeled some kits to IN.
Old 6th March 2019, 17:13   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1856198
Attachment 1856199
Attachment 1856200
Attachment 1856202

Interesting. I thought this maybe the Sportsline variant but you confirm its L&K. MY19 was already launched in Sep 2018 or so. I think Zahir confirmed his car is MY19.
Old 6th March 2019, 17:23   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Interesting. I thought this maybe the Sportsline variant but you confirm its L&K. MY19 was already launched in Sep 2018 or so. I think Zahir confirmed his car is MY19.
Sportline is all black with alcantara finish. This is dark brown.

I'm surprised you guys don't like it. In person I loved it, way better than the sea of beige in older Superb.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 22:11   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Zahir! When I saw these pics I first remembered you just got your car few months back. But I think yours is MFG year 2019? Then it could be that yours is an Model Year 2018 but made in 2019. This is indeed the Model Year 2019 and MFG year 2019, I confirmed with two other people I know at the dealership. I personally like anything else besides beige. This brown color on the seats with the business Grey or black exterior would look very nice.
Yes, it is an MY2019 car manufactured in October

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
While no doubt it's a change from those light beige seats, I have to agree with Zahir that I don't like this colour. It's available as a no-cost option on the UK car configurator and from the threads on Briskoda, not a big hit.

Looks like they have channeled some kits to IN.
Yeah the colour and the combination is just weird. May look better in person. I personally feel that the beige adds a sense of space. Darker colours make spaces seem tighter, though you gotta love the sporty all black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Yes, Cars manufactured post Sept 2018 are all MY19 I believe
Zahir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 23:14   #341
Senior - BHPian

Okay I think we need to have a poll. Vid can we add a temporary poll on the thread? Beige vs. Brown, let's settle it once and for all 👍🏽
Old 2nd May 2019, 12:15   #342
Mtv
BHPian

Can someone throw some light on the reliability of the 1.8 Superb, especially w.r.t. the mechatronic failure?

I am looking at a TSI L&K as a replacement to my Octavia and am apprehensive about it's robustness since the drivetrain is the same in both cars
Old 9th May 2019, 09:54   #343
Mtv
BHPian

Skoda Superb : Official Review-0e332e82dd5541d79e6c6dd0408026f4.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-9085d30fb62b4b5c95c0f4c9f8a44625.jpeg

Added the 1.8 L&K to the garage yesterday. Opting for the extended warranty for further peace of mind
Mtv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 10:49   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post

Added the 1.8 L&K to the garage yesterday. Opting for the extended warranty for further peace of mind
Congratulations on the ride! So you now own an Octavia 1.8, an Octavia RS, and a Superb 1.8! Thats a pretty envious garage Am I right in noticing the seats in the Superb are beige? I thought they were changed to Chocolate Brown sometime back on the L&K. Or is it an option?

Don't you feel you're missing out on the virtual cockpit of the Octavia/Kodiaq L&K?
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 11:55   #345
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the ride! So you now own an Octavia 1.8, an Octavia RS, and a Superb 1.8! Thats a pretty envious garage Am I right in noticing the seats in the Superb are beige? I thought they were changed to Chocolate Brown sometime back on the L&K. Or is it an option?

Don't you feel you're missing out on the virtual cockpit of the Octavia/Kodiaq L&K?

Thanks!

Replaced the Octavia 1.8 with this

It's a 2018 manufacture so it has the beige, got an amazing deal on it though so I'm satisfied

I did try out the virtual cockpit on the Kodiaq and it seems gimmicky to me more than anything. The MID on the Superb is identical to the one on my VRS and I'm rather used to it, It does and says everything I need it to. A heads up display would've made a considerable difference though
Mtv is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed