Superb scout, kind of liking it.
Old 25th May 2019, 12:16   #362
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post
Superb scout, kind of liking it.
Nice but alas they will not be making Right Hand Drive versions so I understand

Last edited by ajmat : 25th May 2019 at 16:40.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 12:37   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Thanks!

It's a 2018 manufacture so it has the beige, got an amazing deal on it though so I'm satisfied
I am planning for 1.8 TSI MT, Can you please share deal details, I want to get a feel for how much discounts are on offer.
Sorry, my membership level doesn't allow to send "PM" :-(

Anyone bought recently 1.8 MT or Petrol sportline, can you please share deal details. please please.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nice but alas they will not be making Right Hand Drive versions so I understand
Yes, :-) Thank you. For now, I am settling down for 1.8 TSI MT or push it a bit for Sportline if there are good offers :-)

Last edited by ajmat : 25th May 2019 at 16:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
Old 25th May 2019, 14:12   #364
BHPian

Dear all, I got the VIN and I am not happy about a fact that I figured out.

According to the decoder, 6th and 10th letters, indicate January and 2019.

Now, I had clearly asked for the latest batch. This is too old, 5/6 months almost. The SA insists it is as fresh as it can get and it has been dispatched from the factory. I am worried it could be stock from another dealership or whatever. Should I insist on a fresh piece? Is a 6 month old OK to take?

Wanted an absolutely fresh baked unit! Any pointers would be great. Am I being too finicky? Does the Form 22 give away any more information?

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 25th May 2019 at 14:14.
Old 25th May 2019, 16:40   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

Now, I had clearly asked for the latest batch. This is too old, 5/6 months almost. The SA insists it is as fresh as it can get and it has been dispatched from the factory. I am worried it could be stock from another dealership or whatever. Should I insist on a fresh piece? Is a 6 month old OK to take?
My car's VIN showed July 17, and MySkoda international app showed (I guess) India manufacture/assembly date of Aug 17, I got it a ~month later.So, you definitely can get a car within 2-3 months of VIN decoded year of manufacture.

That is not to say your's is too old, but you need to do a thorough PDI. And you could push the dealer more on the somewhat older VIN. Maybe check the dispatch record from factory to dealer. That shall tell you when factory did the dispatch and answer some of your queries.

Quote:
Congratulation!!
I am also planning Superb MT TSI but bit concerned about Bangalore traffic with MT. Though AT is better I can't push my budget further, so can you please share your driving experience.
I wish I could stretch my budget for Sportline :-)
As an MT owner, the MT is quite smooth and easy to slot in. So, not a chore to drive in back to back traffic (I drive in, probably, the worst ORR stretch near Ecospace/Palm Retreat). Of course, when you progress 1km in 35 mins, AT would be a somewhat less tiring (but still tiring), but then typical commutes are not that extreme. I am very happy with the MT! And it has 320NM for the open roads

Last edited by ajmat : 25th May 2019 at 21:51.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 18:57   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
As an MT owner, the MT is quite smooth and easy to slot in. So, not a chore to drive in back to back traffic (I drive in, probably, the worst ORR stretch near Ecospace/Palm Retreat). Of course, when you progress 1km in 35 mins, AT would be a somewhat less tiring (but still tiring), but then typical commutes are not that extreme. I am very happy with the MT! And it has 320NM for the open roads
Thanks a lot, your inputs are really comforting. Currently, I am driving SX4 MT, the clutch is hard and shifting gears also not very smooth, it is a bit annoying, however superb is a luxury car and must be leaps ahead of SX4's driving experience. TD vehicles are only diesel L&K models so no way to check these things out. Thanks again, I am feeling confident now.
Andy73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 08:48   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all, I got the VIN and I am not happy about a fact that I figured out.

Wanted an absolutely fresh baked unit! Any pointers would be great. Am I being too finicky? Does the Form 22 give away any more information?
This is the exact same stunt they pulled with me. I had insisted on the latest batch from September when I booked the car. I was assured the same. Come delivery time, he tried to pawn off a car that was June manufactured stating that ‘it is the registration date that matters’. Long story short, words exchanged, told him to keep the car and to return the money. The matter escalated and I finally got the car in December end which was October manufactured.

These guys.... sly! As long as the car isn’t registered, you’re ok. Deny delivery and make sure registration isn’t processed. Strong arm them to give you what they agreed to. After all, you’re sticking to your end of the deal and so should they.
Old 27th May 2019, 13:35   #368
BHPian

Quote:

Wanted an absolutely fresh baked unit! Any pointers would be great.
Please excuse me for my ignorance, but how does it matter, considering car may be at some place stocked and will be delivered. As long as it is not "demo vehicle" it must be fine, is not it? I got a good deal for 2018 model, I am considering to go ahead, also I don't have a plan to sell it immediately, if possible I want to keep it for a decade, in this scenario is it ok to go ahead with 2018 model? During resale perhaps registered date and kilometers added may matter most, then "year of manufacture" I think.
Again please excuse I am totally novice here.

Guys, please suggest I need to make a decision quickly. Is it ok to purchase 2018 model?

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 27th May 2019, 14:54   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, please suggest I need to make a decision quickly. Is it ok to purchase 2018 model?
Personally, I suggest to go for it if you got a reasonable discount or other freebies. Skoda India or dealers generally take good care of the premium vehicles so 2018 should not be a problem if you inspect thoroughly before registration.

As far as the Superb is concerned, there are almost no changes between 2018 & current cars. There is no virtual cockpit or electric passenger seat like what got quietly added to the Octavia. In fact the newer Superbs have a mocha brown interior (instead of beige) which is a hate-it-or-love-it combo. Just go for it before the stocks run out.

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th May 2019 at 14:56.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 15:27   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Just go for it before the stocks run out.
Thanks a lot, Yes I am going ahead. :-)
Old 28th May 2019, 11:27   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please excuse me for my ignorance, but how does it matter, considering car may be at some place stocked and will be delivered. As long as it is not "demo vehicle" it must be fine, is not it? I got a good deal for 2018 model, I am considering to go ahead, also I don't have a plan to sell it immediately, if possible I want to keep it for a decade, in this scenario is it ok to go ahead with 2018 model? During resale perhaps registered date and kilometers added may matter most, then "year of manufacture" I think.
Depends on where and how long it was stocked I guess... When was the car dispatched from factory to dealership ? Factory yards are better I guess than the dealer yards. If late 2018, I guess it should be fine - do a thorough PDI. If its more than ~7-8 months old, I would think again.

Superb or any high end sedan won't have great resale anyways - so if you plan to keep it long term, I wouldn't be bothered with late 2018 or 2019 much if one got a very good deal. Maybe you can get the 5-6 years extended warranty for free ?

Features-wise, not much changed I think.
lancer_rit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 15:37   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Depends on where and how long it was stocked I guess...

When was the car dispatched from factory to dealership ? Maybe you can get the 5-6 years extended warranty for free ?
Thanks a lot, I am going to the dealer to inspect the car, I am planning to double check following, please advise anything else to be considered.
  • Year and month of manufacture
  • Scratches/dents etc
  • Odometer readings
I will try further negotiation for an extended warranty.
Thanks again for all inputs.
Old 28th May 2019, 16:11   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, I am going to the dealer to inspect the car, I am planning to double check following, please advise anything else to be considered.
  • Year and month of manufacture
  • Scratches/dents etc
  • Odometer readings
I will try further negotiation for an extended warranty.
Thanks again for all inputs.
As I mentioned, dispatch date from factory to dealer you could ask for.
Check things like AC function, Infotainment, lights & indicators etc. The team-bhp PDI checklist should help.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...-checklist.pdf
Good luck.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 08:42   #374
BHPian

Quote:
As I mentioned, dispatch date from factory to dealer you could ask for.
Check things like AC function, Infotainment, lights & indicators etc. The team-bhp PDI checklist should help.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...-checklist.pdf
Good luck.
Thanks a lot, it is "late 2018 model", with no scratches/dents etc. About 50 KM is the odometer reading, As per dealer from the yard to the showroom, it is about 25 kilometres, rest must be part of standard tests done at the factory.

overall I am satisfied. inching towards closing the deal. checking out all financial options now. Overall I am a happy soul :-)
Andy73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 08:44   #375
BHPian

All,
I need some more clarifications. please help me out

What is this essential kit, which is being charged @ 24 K, is it mandatory to buy it from the dealer.

Appears extended warranty ( 5th and 6th ) Skoda Shield plus is valid only if we buy insurance from Skoda, is it true. and is it necessary to opt for this?
it is costing 1.8 L (1st-year insurance + 5th and 6th year extended warranty) I feel it is a bit high. is this standard price?
Can someone throw more light on this Skoda shield plus

Most Viewed