Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2019, 10:45   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post
Appears extended warranty ( 5th and 6th ) Skoda Shield plus is valid only if we buy insurance from Skoda, is it true. and is it necessary to opt for this?
it is costing 1.8 L (1st-year insurance + 5th and 6th year extended warranty) I feel it is a bit high. is this standard price?
Can someone throw more light on this Skoda shield plus
Rubbish! Refer this thread and the image below. Pretty sure Skoda has delinked the 2 for those customers who want it delinked. However, do carry out the math and see what makes sense depending on what deal you can get for external insurance.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...aunched-3.html (Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched)
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-image1.jpeg  

itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 11:12   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All,

it is costing 1.8 L (1st-year insurance + 5th and 6th year extended warranty) I feel it is a bit high. is this standard price?
Quote seems viable to me. It roughly means you'll get the insurance worth 1.12 Lacs and 69K for EW. Whether to get it or not, IIRC you plan to keep the car for a decade if possible. Totally makes sense to buy the EW right now. You can wiggle out of the insurance from the dealer and save a few bucks, but if I were you, I would go for the dealer's option for the first year, get the EW together, throw away the essential kit as its totally not needed, and be done with it. Next year onwards you are free to take up any insurance you like as far as it has a tie up with Skoda for cashless claims.

Throw in a couple of accessories such as front mud flaps, waste bin, boot mat, mobile holder and you're sorted. Actually mobile holder is not needed in the Superb as you can just put it on the cup holder cover. At least I prefer that.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2019, 17:00   #378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All,
I need some more clarifications. please help me out

What is this essential kit, which is being charged @ 24 K, is it mandatory to buy it from the dealer.
Dealers usually claim its mandatory, and I was billed, but I think few bhpians posted that its not. Maybe you can call Skoda helpline and check ? Or search forum and discuss with customers. You shall find a post from me earlier in this thread about what was in the kit for my car

Quote:

Appears extended warranty ( 5th and 6th ) Skoda Shield plus is valid only if we buy insurance from Skoda, is it true. and is it necessary to opt for this?
Usually insurance quotes from Skoda dealers are quite inflated (other car vendor dealers also have this to degrees). I think itwasntme had posted about the ability to take Skoda Shield plus even with outside insurance in the Octavia thread. Typically, the first discount the dealer wants to give is to waive off comprehensive insurance (w/o the Drive Assure Basic/Elite) as the figures have good padding... In your case, it depends on how much and what discounts they're offering ...
I switched from dealer insurance to Tata AIG from 2nd year. I have everything from zero dep, return to invoice, glass/tyre coverage etc included. And I could almost halve the 2nd year insurance from what dealer's insurance company provided.
lancer_rit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 09:15   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post

Throw in a couple of accessories such as front mud flaps, waste bin, boot mat, mobile holder and you're sorted. Actually mobile holder is not needed in the Superb as you can just put it on the cup holder cover. At least I prefer that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Dealers usually claim its mandatory, and I was billed, but I think few bhpians posted that its not. Maybe you can call Skoda helpline and check ? Or search forum and discuss with customers. You shall find a post from me earlier in this thread about what was in the kit for my car

Thanks, Lancer_rit and adi_petrolhead, really helpful. I talked to the dealer about the essential kit, it is not mandatory. I think it is inflated by 15K.
More than that I found the following mats to be suiting car interiors better than the standard ones. so I am opting out.

Also Navigation SD cards perhaps redundant in this google maps era?

Regarding EW, I decided to go for it, thanks for all the advice. I am further negotiating it. Will keep posted.
Thanks again for all support !! I am very close to making the deal.
Andy73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 16:57   #380
BHPian

Hi Andy

Can you please tell me where are you getting the floor mats from and for how much.

Quote:
Thanks, Lancer_rit and adi_petrolhead, really helpful. I talked to the dealer about the essential kit, it is not mandatory. I think it is inflated by 15K.
More than that I found the following mats to be suiting car interiors better than the standard ones. so I am opting out.

Also Navigation SD cards perhaps redundant in this google maps era?

Regarding EW, I decided to go for it, thanks for all the advice. I am further negotiating it. Will keep posted.
Thanks again for all support !! I am very close to making the deal.
mathuranuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 17:06   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathuranuj View Post
Hi Andy

Can you please tell me where are you getting the floor mats from and for how much.
Found them on Amazon. here is the link. I am have not yet made the purchase, so I can't comment on the quaility etc. But they are looing good on pic :-)

https://www.amazon.in/Premium-Custom...Skoda%3ASuperb
Old 31st May 2019, 21:20   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Suggest you check out the 3D Kagu Maxspider range. These look too garish in my humble opinion!
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 08:20   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Suggest you check out the 3D Kagu Maxspider range. These look too garish in my humble opinion!
Thanks, yes indeed you are right, I do agree these are better, I also found forum discussion, I am on right track again. :-)
Old 5th June 2019, 11:56   #384
BHPian

Dear All

After a lot of deliberation, thinking, reviewing, financial considerations, I decided to go for Skoda Superb Sportline. I just booked one. :-), as it is a 2018 model good discounts are offered with 6 years of extended warranty. I am also considering to buy a maintenance package to avoid any surprises.

Thanks for all the help I received, Especially lancer, adi, itwasntme.
I will keep you all posted how it goes :-)
Andy73 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 10:33   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Short article from autoevolution.com.

https://www.autoevolution.com/cars/2...superb-review#
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_2.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_3.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_5.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_7.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_10.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_13.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_15.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_16.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_19.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_21.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_22.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_23.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_24.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_26.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2020skodasuperbreview_29.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 20:27   #386
BHPian

Took delivery : A mini TBHP meet at the showroom!

First of all, sorry for the delay in updates! Like ajmat hinted, the delivery actually happened in about 2 weeks time, well ahead of schedule. There were some very minor hiccups with the bank loan process and disbursal, but mostly clerical errors and not really serious. The car arrived on the 28th, and as agreed with the dealer, it was brought directly to the showroom and not kept at the stockyard at all. I did the PDI on the 30th, the ODO stood at 33kms which is the distance the car traveled from the main branch in the other side of the city. Google maps confirmed the distance lol!

The car was parked with ALL the protective stickers in place and boy that was extensive! It had the same VIN I was offered and after many discussions with many people and Skoda, as well as looking at documentation, I was convinced of their version. It was indeed a latest batch CKD assembly and all factory assembly stickers were pasted on the windscreen. After a satisfactory peel off of all paint protection films and the covers, I took about an hour to do the PDI and the staff were very co-operative throughout with rounds of water, tea and beverages being offered! It was a mid sized showroom, in a posh Delhi location, and only a couple of customers on the floor every time I visited. I guess the staff were unhurried for that reason.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-front-cover.jpg

The factory covers!

Skoda Superb : Official Review-rearcover.jpg

Satisfied with the PDI I ask them to raise invoice and I give a go ahead to the bank to disburse. It gets disbursed on a Saturday but I cant take delivery on a Saturday! So 2nd June, Sunday, I took the delivery.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-delivery.jpg

A friend of mine BHPian roy_libran also took delivery of his Versys elsewhere and rode down to the Skoda showroom which became the location for a TBHP mini meet that day, with a lot of buzz around.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2w4w.jpg

Six new wheels...eight including the spare and steering wheel lol!

Bhpians agambhandari, kisharchit, travellernayak, khoj, AZ911 and roy, witnessed the delivery. Thank you all for being there that day and making the occasion so special! A treat is pending for sure!

Skoda Superb : Official Review-meetup.jpg

So far I have done about 150 kms and yet to discover or use all the features! Taking time to get used to it.

The first drive WAS scary, such a long car, Delhi roads...I think that day being a Sunday afternoon helped, and the car is VERY nimble and easy to handle. Not cumbersome at all and the visibility after adjusting all mirrors and seating position, was OK to give me confidence after about 5 kms and 2 red lights and a fueling stop. Filling 91 octane now despite the recommendation being 95!

The family is also quite excited and my 13 year old son plans to explore the "insides" and the electronics and coach me lol! The space is awesome inside and the triple zone AC was an instant hit with everyone after adjusting the respective seating positions. They couldn't care less about the engine performance though...!

Very quickly: the ride became very planted after I reduced the tyre pressure to 34 from the 49 measured ! I am keeping the rpm<2500 and I need to get used to the turbo petrol characteristics. The electronic parking brake characteristic, is also something that I need to get adjusted to. I am getting a FE of around 13kmpl for my regular office commute, Noida Ghaziabad roads with full time AC on! I cruise at around 70kmph @5th @1200 rpm. My favorite test, it climbs my basement parking ramp on second gear. The gear shifts are precise and the steering very light, direct and adequate feedback. There is some definite difference(for the better) in the steering feel, with the one I had driven some months to decide upon the car.

The Skoda dealership experience has been good so far: very professional and responsive. The other dealer, not so! So essentially mixed bag: SKODA, take care. Still awaited original documents, RC, some invoices and receipts and all. No big deal.

I am VERY unhappy with the essential kit though....not worth 24k! But I did get a body cover. Does it have anything else? Like spare bulbs, tyre inflator etc? Got the NAV SDCARD too!

So far so good, happy with the car! Thank you all again for this lovely thread, which was a key contributor to my decision making. Please do excuse my writing skills: I am very poor in this area. Will update as I spend more time with the vehicle.

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 8th June 2019 at 20:46.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 18:25   #387
BHPian

Hello all, with the festive season coming up, and the BS-VI norms coming into effect in an year requiring dealers to clear their inventories before then and the slowdown of the automobile industry itself, how much discount can be realistically expected in the coming months as we approach the BS-VI deadline?
Old 15th June 2019, 19:45   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Took delivery : A mini TBHP meet at the showroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
The car arrived on the 28th, and as agreed with the dealer, it was brought directly to the showroom and not kept at the stockyard at all. I did the PDI on the 30th, the ODO stood at 33kms which is the distance the car traveled from the main branch in the other side of the city.
Dear lapis_lazuli, many congratulations on this superb purchase of a Superb . Looks, torque, straight line acceleration and acres of space at the rear - it has it all. I enjoyed my Superb for about 7 years and the Laura for about 10! All the best.
V.Narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 00:51   #389
SLK
Senior - BHPian

With the BS VI norms around the corner, is the 1.8 TSI expected to be retained? I can't see the 1.8 TSI doing duty in any of VW/ Skoda currently sold in UK or say Germany.

To me it looks like the 1.8 TSI, 1.4 TSI and 1.2 TSI, all are expected to go out of service with BS VI coming.

The only engines I see being used for Superb and Octavia are 1.5 TSI and 2.0 TSI in different tunes.

Am I reading it right? - if so does it actually make sense to hold till the new options are available?

I thing practically 1.5 tsi does compare well to 1.8 plus would be much better with FE, while 2.0 will be for those who need more power (but there is a risk that 2.0 may be deferred for India?).

Last edited by SLK : 23rd June 2019 at 00:53.
SLK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 15:30   #390
BHPian

Dear all, a query: did you receive a warranty terms and conditions booklet for the Skoda Shield/Extended warranty? In addition to this, did you receive separate invoices for Insurance and the Extended warranty? Did the dealership raise the invoice or SKODA directly? The insurance is from a nationalized provider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks