Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

2020 Superb launches in the UK:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...uk-135541.html
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 17:23   #392
BHPian

Hello All

My Skoda superb sportline reached the dealer, and currently being registered. :-)

Meanwhile, the dealer offered a ceramic coating option.
How much is a reasonable cost for Skoda superb, also for white colour does it make sense? I went through various discussions in this forum, but it is not conclusive. However what is the typical cost?
Thanks for your advice.
Andy73 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 13:30   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy73 View Post

Hello All

My Skoda superb sportline reached the dealer, and currently being registered. :-)
Congratulations ! Some pictures please. Coatings and all are better left to professionals outside who do that on a daily basis and have reputations to preserve across a wide range of customers. Please look around IMHO!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 19th July 2019 at 13:32.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 16:55   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Meanwhile, the dealer offered a ceramic coating option.
How much is a reasonable cost for Skoda superb, also for white colour does it make sense? I went through various discussions in this forum, but it is not conclusive. However what is the typical cost?
Thanks for your advice.
Here you are: White Superb with Mohsin's ceramic coating

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4286329 (Skoda Superb : Official Review)
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 19:52   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Congratulations ! Some pictures please. Coatings and all are better left to professionals outside who do that on a daily basis and have reputations to preserve across a wide range of customers. Please look around IMHO!
Sure thanks a lot. I will post the pictures soon. Awaiting the delivery:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks a lot. looking lovely. Maybe I will go for it after a few months of usage.
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:30   #396
Senior - BHPian

Good car been using it for the last two years, but horrible horrible service. Especially in Mumbai where dealers treat your car like thrash. Cars go for service and then come back with dents scratches. Heartbreaking! and these are no isolated incidents.

Talk all you want about ceramic coatings and such but unless the dealers treat it like a premium car and that experience does not translate across its useless for skoda to project it as a premium car! My ownership experience is just disturbed by this. May never buy a superb again!
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:49   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Good car been using it for the last two years, but horrible horrible service. Especially in Mumbai where dealers treat your car like thrash. Cars go for service and then come back with dents scratches. Heartbreaking! and these are no isolated incidents.
Before they take it in for service, they mark all the existing dents and scratches on a paper, along with the the required repairs. It's possible for them to alter it, so I would suggest, getting a copy or taking a picture of the form beforehand. Now, if there are any extra scratches or dents on the car which aren't present in the original, they're obligated to fix it free of cost. If they fail to do that, take it up with the head office, and if they fail to issue directions to fix it(which they usually don't in order to prevent their reputation from being affected) the consumer court is available, although the last step is a time consuming process, especially for trivialities like dents and scratches. Keep that form though, it is your primary piece of evidence against the dealership.
hrk997 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 13:27   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sure thanks a lot. I will post the pictures soon. Awaiting the delivery

Thanks a lot. looking lovely. Maybe I will go for it after a few months of usage.
Congrats 😀
If you do ceramic coating, it's best to do it brand new before swirl marks and scratches appear.

And don't let Skoda A.S.S. wash your car anytime as with dry/chemical wash, they may mess up your car even before delivery.
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:55   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Congrats 😀
If you do ceramic coating, it's best to do it brand new before swirl marks and scratches appear.

And don't let Skoda A.S.S. wash your car anytime as with dry/chemical wash, they may mess up your car even before delivery.
Thanks a lot, but unfortunately the car has been prepared for delivery, so they might have washed it already. I hope no much damage is done. Fingers crossed

Based on this I think I will go ahead for ceramic coating immediately, Dealer is quoting 60k for it, he said all Skoda/VW/Audi cars are done by the same person.

I am planning to take deliver this weekend, so I have a few days left to get this done.
60 K and 3 years warranty, he said he can take care of any scratches during this period. is it a good price?
Old 23rd July 2019, 17:44   #400
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore is home to multiple excellent detailers! Suggest you take quotes from Mohsin, Nirmal, Feynlabs, 3M etc and then take a call. I am always suspicious of dealer offers.
Old 16th August 2019, 09:24   #401
BHPian

2500km update : very happy ownership epxerience!

So, it has been two and a half months with this fine piece of engineering. The TSI MT has been a good buy, (at least till now). I have clocked around 2700 kms as I write. It has been used mostly for office commute, 80% of the time. Rest for intra-city runs, and a few Yamuna Expressway (henceforth called YEW) breakfast trips. I will not comment again, on the usuals: power, space or technicalities, but, some of my observations, likes and dislikes.

On a sunny day

Skoda Superb : Official Review-perpective.jpg

1) Extremely easy to handle, drive or maneuver in the city! Yes, it is long, but you soon get used to it and it is not cumbersome at all. Parking, well, my city has ample parking space, and I usually don't randomly park by the street.

2) Sensors, sensors and sensors: The sensors help me a lot while navigating through dense rush hour traffic. The differently pitched tones, for the various sides and corners, have now become recorded in my brain. I can make out without looking at the TFT, as to which is the location of an obstacle/object too close.

3) The triple zone AC and separate fuel consumption indicator for "convenience consumer". The AC is a chiller. Careful adjustments and not fiddling with it or the vents, make sure you get optimum performance all the while too! The car has very good insulation: the seals are excellent, and there is hardly any dust on door jambs, and the cabin is silent too. This also means better HVAC performance.

4) The sound system: Its MORE than adequate. It is powerful, probably the CANTON is better ( I'm sure it is), but this suits my genre : smooth jazz (Chuck Loeb/Eric Marienthal etc.), classic rock, instrumentals. The key to really sweet sound is to adjust the fader. Exact center sounds meh....set it slightly backwards, 2 notches and you are done. Time shift, actually! For reference, my test track was "I will walk on water" by Marillion, and Mid at 0, bass at 3, treble at 3 and fader at -2, sets is perfect. Just what I like!

5) The MID and tonnes of information : I like data!

6) It is amazingly fuel efficient. Noida/Ghaziabad/NCR runs deliver these figures:

Not bad for a daily drive!

Skoda Superb : Official Review-daily_mileage.jpg

YEW breakfast rides with bursts of really velocities...this:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-best-mileage.jpg

Enough!

Now, here are the observations or the "meh" aspects:

1) The beige interiors: finger prints and smudges are easily imparted!
2) The memory seats: there is something fishy with the settings. Either it has a short memory, or it is playing tricks with me.
3) Lots of brake dust: like, LOTS! I must mention, I use engine braking a lot, and my brake usage is minimal.
4) Clutch pedal : Very sharp and predictable bite, but, it is harder than my 7 year old Punto. Travel is as long!

DISLIKES:

1) The suspension : it makes LOUD thuds, not at all proportionate to the obstacle or pothole it has crossed. It does give you a heart ache. Even if the ride is smooth, the sound seems like everything is falling apart.

2) The rear parcel tray and sun shade rattles : I thought I had solved it, but NO! I can pin point to 5 different sources of rattles. Annoying. PLUS, if the car is parked outside in the sun and heat, (real NCR heat) for a while, there are plasticky squeaks from at least 3 locations which subside after cooling down the cabin. Thermal expansion perhaps.

3) Sensors, sensors, sensors: While it has been praised earlier, it is also VERY distracting. A blip here and a ploing there...makes you very conscious. But I like it, most of the times!

4) What's the ideal tyre pressure? I have tried from 32 cold till 37 cold. Confused still. But with 4 adults on board and 35 cold: Magic carpet!

That's all for now folks. Once again, thanks to bhpian friends roy_libran, Biraj, esteemedpunter, and the Delhi BHPIan gang, for helping me in this purchase decision.

The power plant : no dust here! Plus, there has been minimal or no oil consumption. The dipstick measure, is the same! I followed the exact run in procedures as described. Will keep an eye though!

Skoda Superb : Official Review-powerplant.jpg

Good bye folks! Will keep updating from time to time! Those sitting on the fence, grab it I say!

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 16th August 2019 at 09:45.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 14:27   #402
BHPian

Just for the benefit of potential buyers - Skoda is offering the s-w-e-e-t looking Superb Sportline either with a 1.8 TSI DSG at 26L (was 29L) or 2.0 TDI DSG at 28.5L (was 31.5L) all ex-showroom until August EOM. With a 3L price different OTR a sensible pick would be the TSI unless you do heavy miles.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 21:06   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Just for the benefit of potential buyers - Skoda is offering the s-w-e-e-t looking Superb Sportline either with a 1.8 TSI DSG at 26L (was 29L) or 2.0 TDI DSG at 28.5L (was 31.5L) all ex-showroom until August EOM. With a 3L price different OTR a sensible pick would be the TSI unless you do heavy miles.
Yes indeed, I picked up TSI , and in fact, you can negotiate further for another 1 L or so. it has been 3 weeks so far and I am enjoying every bit of it. Will post detailed review very soon.
Andy73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 08:39   #404
BHPian

Now, that's a steal... what was the OTR? what color? post some drool worthy pics they speak more than reviews which can come later! Many would get tempted now.

Quote:
Yes indeed, I picked up TSI , and in fact, you can negotiate further for another 1 L or so. it has been 3 weeks so far and I am enjoying every bit of it. Will post detailed review very soon.
Old 29th August 2019, 21:39   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, just one question: does your suspension make a more than necessary sound, when crossing rumble strips or potholes? If you have read the thread by Nikhil B where they forgot to remove the suspension stops for transportation. Please do let us know. I feel my cars suspension thuds more than usual, when it goes over a pothole or a breaker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks