Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2019, 12:14   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladRagu View Post
A simple Google search would have given you the answer!
It has cruise control.

What I couldn't get from the same Google search is that whether it has DCC like Passat. Even the brochure doesn't mention anything about DCC whereas some news articles around 2016 talks about Skoda planning to add DCC to Superb.
Definitely not DCC. VAG did not allow it in India to differentiate the Passat.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 14:14   #422
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Does Passat in India have it? My colleague's Passat doesn't.
Old 17th October 2019, 14:30   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
Does Passat in India have it? My colleague's Passat doesn't.
Highline only. From the TBHP review:
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-screenshot_20191017142858.jpg  

itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2019, 13:50   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hello everyone,

So we have been having a bit of a bother with our 2016 Skoda Superb L&K TDI. From the time we have bought the car, it has always been giving us some trouble of the other. There have been AC failures where we changed the compressor twice, a fuel tank change, Start/Stop button change, Key Fob changed, and many more. Fortunately, all have been covered under warranty.

Now, the latest failure was pretty odd. So a friend of our took the car from Mumbai to Shirdi last evening. On the way at Nashik, the AC cooling stopped (blower was working) and the car over heated to 120 degrees. The glow plug sign also lit up in 'yellow'. The car was stopped and the car was driven to a nearby Authorised Service Centre. Nothing could happen last night.

Today, on speaking to the service adviser I was told that it was a matter of a simple fuse going kaput. The fuse was changed and all was ok until the car left the workshop and after a 10 km drive the fuse blew again. This particular fuse is the fuse to the Relay Box.

On further investigation, the Skoda team noted that the fuse was of 10 amps where in the specifications states 7.5 amps. The 10 amp fuses are used in the petrol versions. They changed the fuse to 7.5 amps and told the driver to drive without the AC. The driver is currently on the way back to Mumbai and has reached Thane city and has not had an issue so far. I have now told him to drive the next 20 kms with the AC on so that if the fuse blows again, we can suspect that it is something related to the AC.

I am however puzzled as to how come a 10 amp fuse is blowing continuously but a 7.5 amp fuse is working fine?
Quote:
So just when we thought the issue may have been resolved, the fuse blew again during a short drive in the city. We once again gave the car to the Skoda Authorised Centre and on diagnosing found a half cut wire (probably by a rat) which was fixed.

The car was tested for 25 kms and then handed over to us. It's been two days post delivery and so far the issue hasn't cropped up yet.
So once again the car is back at the Skoda workshop. This time along with the AC not cooling it shows the 'Engine Check' light, a blinking 'Glow Plug' light and a 'Oil Sensor Workshop!' message on the MID. Apparently the same fuse has also blown again. It is absolutely frustrating that this is the 04th time that the car has visited the workshop in the past two months for the same problem and the Skoda Service is not able to permanently solve this issue.
Old 25th October 2019, 16:46   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So once again the car is back at the Skoda workshop. This time along with the AC not cooling it shows the 'Engine Check' light, a blinking 'Glow Plug' light and a 'Oil Sensor Workshop!' message on the MID. Apparently the same fuse has also blown again. It is absolutely frustrating that this is the 04th time that the car has visited the workshop in the past two months for the same problem and the Skoda Service is not able to permanently solve this issue.
Apart from the AC losing it's cooling, did you face any other symptoms?

Interestingly, post monsoons our A6 2.0 TDi is facing an issue with it's oil pressure sensor (despite changing the same), and the other day the engine management light & emissions control light flashed briefly along with a mis-fire / judder.

The independent mechanic suggested it is due to water seeping into the fuse box but he wasn't able to rectify the same. Showing another mechanic tomorrow.
Old 28th October 2019, 12:19   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Apart from the AC losing it's cooling, did you face any other symptoms?
Well, there is one particular pattern that we have noticed and that is that this issue crops up after a particular period of time / after a number of kilometres covered.

For example - This issue first cropped up at Nashik on the way from Mumbai to Shirdi. Once it was attended to, it cropped up again after driving the car for around 15-20 days in Mumbai city. So the issue crops up either during a continuous long run or multiple short runs.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 00:02   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, there is one particular pattern that we have noticed and that is that this issue crops up after a particular period of time / after a number of kilometres covered.

For example - This issue first cropped up at Nashik on the way from Mumbai to Shirdi. Once it was attended to, it cropped up again after driving the car for around 15-20 days in Mumbai city. So the issue crops up either during a continuous long run or multiple short runs.

If it crops up after a long run, and the glow plug light flashes and the CEL is on, it is probably an EGR related fauly. Do check the error codes when this happens.
Old 29th October 2019, 13:06   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
If it crops up after a long run, and the glow plug light flashes and the CEL is on, it is probably an EGR related fauly. Do check the error codes when this happens.
Possible, but why can't Skoda identify this? They keep pointing out to a current fluctuation and a possible wire cut.
Old 4th November 2019, 17:10   #429
Senior - BHPian

So got an update today from the Skoda Workshop where they claim that there seems to be a vacuum being created in the auxiliary water pump which in turn is creating a surge and blowing the fuse.

They will be getting this pump cleaned and flushed and getting the car tested again. Not sure of this diagnosis but I hope they have identified the issue.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 01:39   #430
Senior - BHPian

Normally a leak in thermostat causes pressure in water pump and it works over time eventually leaking and failing itself.
Old 30th November 2019, 19:52   #431
BHPian

Wheel geometry?

Dear all, I have completed almost 6000kms on the 1.8TSI MT and nothing much to report. Consistent performance, happy ownership and the same two rattles ! Enjoying every bit of it, and with the 1.8TSI MT on its' way out, I am happy I got it!

While I keep reading the forums, what I have NOT come across, yet, is any discussion on wheel geometry and / or any experience shared on wheel alignment and balancing of the Superb Mk2/3! Does the annual service include the dealership rip-off in the name of alignment balancing? Can someone post the alignment report, if any? Also, I didn't find anything in the rotation as well. (Maybe I missed it in the manual?) I have no issues, whatsoever, it drives straight with no steering and there's no vibration either, at any speed. But just curious to know.

Someone please enlighten!

Happy weekend, folks!

LL

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 30th November 2019 at 19:54.
lapis_lazuli is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 19:38   #432

Hi friends, facing a minor irritant with my car windshield getting fogged within 5 min of me driving it. This has started happening only since about a week, not sure what’s causing this. Any inputs on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-72802d28088f4c70942f76f45860e01e.jpeg  

Old 3rd December 2019, 09:35   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhusudhan View Post
Hi friends, facing a minor irritant with my car windshield getting fogged within 5 min of me driving it. This has started happening only since about a week, not sure what’s causing this. Any inputs on this?

Keep the temperature of the cabin at par with outside temperature or within 2-3 degrees range. Turn on 'face' air direction. Report back if the fogging goes away. This happens when AC is in 'Auto' mode as all the vents blow out some air and make the windshield colder than outside temperature.
Old 4th December 2019, 20:02   #434

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Keep the temperature of the cabin at par with outside temperature or within 2-3 degrees range. Turn on 'face' air direction. Report back if the fogging goes away. This happens when AC is in 'Auto' mode as all the vents blow out some air and make the windshield colder than outside temperature.
Surprisingly the issue is auto resolved without me making any changes. Will observe and try these suggestions.
Old 6th December 2019, 22:42   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Not really. Worldwide, raised rough road suspension doesn't have DCC. Passat GC is not raised for india, I suspect
lancer_rit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks