Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 07:07   #1396

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

The rear bumper for my sportline costed me around 40k . If you have zero dep insurance then you get full coverage, else the depreciation for bumpers (plastic part) will be 50 percent. In any case go for the insurance claim.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by benbsb29 : 11th January 2023 at 07:17. Reason: Post edited for readability. See note in post.
X0mbIE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2023, 19:31   #1397
BHPian

For the folks looking to go for Skoda Superb 2022 model, the Skoda dealer in Mumbai is offering a 1 lakh discount on the 2022 Superb Model without me asking for it so that you can bring them a lakh or two*more.*
shahbaz63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 12:14   #1398

Hi guys
I wanted to ask is there any possibility that the superb goes on a massive discount in the coming 2 months ?
The regulations state superb cannot be SOLD from 1st April 2023. Which means if towards the end of March they have any units lying around, they should go on discount to promote sales, given that the superb isn’t a hot selling car per se and has a pretty niche audience for the price considering it’s not an SUV

Another peculiar thing is, the superb was refreshed last in 2021, and it just brought about mild electrical changes and light unit changes. It Had an ex showroom of 31.99 and 34.99 for Sportline and L&K.
However 2 years down the road, the (already quite old generation) car has gotten older, and prices stand at ex showroom 34.2 and 37.2.

Honestly the superb is overpriced considering how old it's getting and the sheer fact that the price actually increased ex showroom over the last few years.

I think skoda might have a pretty fat margin on the superb considering all this, and I think they should offer a discount as the sunset comes around this March

Again this is my theory, who knows what they end up doing.
Old 24th January 2023, 16:20   #1399
BHPian

Enquired Kodiaq in one of the showrooms, was told waiting time of 5-6 months. Since there was no test drive car, was offered Superb, eventually drove Octy as Superb was in workshop.

Was told that there are no stocks and only made to order. Dont think Skoda would offer any discounts even on stocks, could happen the same as Polo, there was a stampede to get one after the announcement of its discontinuation.
Old 27th January 2023, 10:53   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhgoyal View Post
Hi guys
I wanted to ask is there any possibility that the superb goes on a massive discount in the coming 2 months ?
I am in the same boat as you and was curious on the same.
I will link you itwasntme's post here (Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI DSG Review)

Basically in a nutshell, if there are meaningful amount of stocks with a given dealer by March expect early-mid 2021 levels of discount. Similarly, If in that period the stocks are locally exhausted you might have to hunt for a dealer outside your city for the same with no gurantee of results. For example, in my city I have been informed that one of the two Skoda dealers managed their inventory very well and are(allegedly) no longer selling these cars, whereas the other dealer with showrooms located in Tier 2 city and a 'lesser' area locally has had trouble moving stock and is still offering discounts.

In short, you will be playing a risky game waiting for March mid-end but may get rewarded handsomely in hard cash discounts. Ideally however, you want to close by February.

Best of luck to you : )
Old 7th February 2023, 19:36   #1401
BHPian

I am on the hunt for a used diesel superb and have narrowed down on 2 vehicles. One is 2018 with 38000kms and the other is 2020 with 55000kms. Both are at similar prices give or take 50k. Around 24lakhs.
Please help me decide or put me on to a better deal if you know of any.
It must be a diesel as I use it 4000km/month 90% highways. So the 2.0 tdi mileage is a boon.
Any drawbacks of the superb ? I will be riding the backseat most of the time.

Thanks.
Old 7th February 2023, 19:41   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
I am on the hunt for a used diesel superb and have narrowed down on 2 vehicles. One is 2018 with 38000kms and the other is 2020 with 55000kms. Both are at similar prices give or take 50k. Around 24lakhs.
It must be a diesel as I use it 4000km/month 90% highways. So the 2.0 tdi mileage is a boon.

Thanks.
I would suggest you the 2020 make as it would be still under warranty and you can extend it even further upto 8 years.
Old 9th February 2023, 18:32   #1403
BHPian

I can confirm that we can purchase the extended warranty at a later point in time too. I did it last month and my car is about 3 years and 6 months old.

Last edited by Andy73 : 9th February 2023 at 18:34.
Old 13th February 2023, 19:58   #1404
BHPian

Has anyone been able to get information about what needs to be done in light of the E20 petrol rollout? As per the manual, neither the 1.8 TSI nor the 2.0 TSI is compatible with E20. Since there are still a lot of cars under extended warranty, what will be done about them? Leaving aside the fact that there is no clarity on where E20 fuel is dispensed and where E10 is still available (in Hyderabad, at least), what are existing owners supposed to do?

Skoda Superb : Official Review-superb-gas-cap.jpg

Name:  ethanol skoda .png
Views: 806
Size:  42.0 KB

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 13th February 2023 at 20:02.
GForceEnjoyer is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 14:40   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Has anyone been able to get information about what needs to be done in light of the E20 petrol rollout? As per the manual, neither the 1.8 TSI nor the 2.0 TSI is compatible with E20. Since there are still a lot of cars under extended warranty, what will be done about them? Leaving aside the fact that there is no clarity on where E20 fuel is dispensed and where E10 is still available (in Hyderabad, at least), what are existing owners supposed to do?
So I happened to visit a HP bunk couple of days back near Wakad on Pune-Mbai highway. I saw a dispenser with a big E20 petrol sticker on it. When asked, the attendant said they have started E20 blended petrol on 6th Feb'23. As of now, at least the choice is given to the customer. However, on close inspection, the petrol rate was same

I hope this practice of dispensing both kind of blends would continue.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:45   #1406

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
In an earlier Tweet, Zac Hollis confirmed that SKODA cars "existing and new" will meet government norms for fuel in India. This feels assuring but still keeping fingers crossed.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5325130 (Impact of 20% ethanol petrol on current petrol engines)
SumanPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 15:28   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post

Thanks.
The 2020 guy stopped responding. So went ahead with 2018. Lovely car. I miss the nimble Ness of the jetta. Also guys is the 2.0tdi more clattery ? I feel it is, the service centre says it's fine.
Old 26th February 2023, 11:38   #1408
BHPian

After careful consideration and weighing my options, I finally decided to go with the Skoda Superb Sportline over the Skoda Superb lnk. While the lnk certainly had its appeal, I ultimately felt that the Sportline was the better choice for me.

As an owner of a Skoda Octavia, I was looking for something that would differentiate itself from my current car. The beige interior of the lnk felt too similar to my Octavia, while the black interior of the Sportline with its black shades around the car made it very appealing to me personally. I am surely going to miss ventilated seats of L&K but that's all.

I am exploring ppf options (might go with GSWF ppf) costing me 1.5L and then the annoying speed alarm remover.

Overall, I am thrilled with my decision to purchase the Skoda Superb Sportline and am excited to hit the road in my new ride.

Edit: It is a pre-owned 2020 with 10K on the ODO.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_8270.jpg  

Last edited by shahbaz63 : 26th February 2023 at 11:40.
shahbaz63 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 13:04   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X0mbIE View Post
The rear bumper for my sportline costed me around 40k . If you have zero dep insurance then you get full coverage, else the depreciation for bumpers (plastic part) will be 50 percent. In any case go for insurance claim.
Recently my Kodiaq met an accident & even on zero dep insurance from Skoda [GoDigit], I was told by Brite Skoda, Noida that "Salvage Charges" of upto 5% of total claimed amount has to be borne by customer. I heard this for the first time & as per I know, salvage parts [damaged parts] are undertaken by the insurance company to sell later on in scrap market to even off their financial burden of claim. Seems they now force sell salvage to owner only.

What was your experience in claim?
Old 2nd March 2023, 11:51   #1410
BHPian

Hi all,

I am due to take delivery of a new Superb L&K next week. Among other things, one of the questions on the table is upgrading the OEM Apollo tyres to something better like Michelin PS4s.

Looking for feedback on this possible change and any other recommendations. I prioritize performance over tyre life and am ok with tyres lasting about 15-20k kms in return of superior grip.

Most Viewed