Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2016, 01:45   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Surprisingly, the SA I met at the showroom said the opposite. After checking the BRV, I just casually asked him about Jazz.

He then went on to add- 'Sir, Jazz is based on City, while these three (Brio, Amaze, BRV) are the same vehicle'!

The guy either was unhappy with BRV or has extra targets to meet for Jazz.
Actually true. Don't know whether he wanted to meet targets for the Jazz or gave an honest opinion.

Unless you need those 7 seats or the ground clearance, the Jazz is a much better car than the BR-V. Wish I could say the same about the petrol, but the 1.2 is underpowered. A Jazz with the 1.5 petrol is a perfect car for many people. Maybe Honda should just start selling it.
landcruiser123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 11:00   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

OFF-TOPIC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I wonder why this affected only Honda and Toyota (has seen a large fall too). How could Maruti/Hyundai & all others get around the sudden shift in consumer sentiments? Only possible reason is larger inventory of parts.
This huge shift in the market in favour of petrol vehicles has impacted all OEM car manufacturers.

Tata is finding it hard to cope with the upsurge in demand for petrol Tiagos (link), Maruti is working overtime to produce more petrol Balenos & Vitara Brezzas, Hyundai is sitting on more petrol bookings for it's Creta, and Mahindra has fast-tracked it's petrol variants of the XUV500 & the Scorpio (link).

All companies are sitting on unsold diesel inventories. Even the SUV market, traditionally a diesel-heavy one, has come down to almost 80:20 in favour of diesel, unlike the previous 90:10 ratio only a couple of months back. (Link)

As for the BR-V, Jnaneshwar Sen, VP, Marketing & Sales, Honda Cars India, has revealed that the demand is almost even for both fuel variants.

Quote:
Hyundai Motor India Ltd's (HMIL) Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Rakesh Srivastava said, "The sales of diesel passenger vehicles have come down to 40 per cent of total sales for the industry, from 46 per cent earlier. The limited ban on diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR has added to the uncertainty, thereby affecting demand and leading to a shift in preference for petrol over diesel vehicles. This shift is even more visible in SUVs, which traditionally had higher percentage of demand for diesel engines. It has seen a pronounced shift towards petrol with diesel demand coming down to 80 per cent from 90 per cent earlier."

Echoing his views, Honda Cars India Ltd (HCIL) Senior Vice-President (Marketing and Sales) Jnaneswar Sen said: "Even for our new model B-RV in the SUV segment, where there is normally more demand for diesel, we are seeing even sales of diesel and petrol."

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th June 2016 at 11:03.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 12:44   #303
BHPian

OT:

Have a couple of queries.

1. Honda provides their version of the AVN to be fitted by the dealer, which will ensure warranties are intact.

I confirmed with the dealer that they will not fit an after-market AVN, which is what I had presumed anyway. The question is:

1.1 If I get it installed outside without cutting any wires/harnesses etc. will it void warranty in the true sense, forget what the dealer is saying?
1.2 If it does, will it only void the warranty of the electronics/electricals or the whole car ?

What if I re-fit the stock when it goes for any warranty claim ?

2. Also, anyone owns a "Orchid White Pearl" finish Honda ? I am seeing a shade variation between models ie Jazz / Honda / CR-V. Want to make sure which will be better the Taffeta white or Orchid white PF.
Old 6th June 2016, 13:19   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
Hey swiftdiesel, on my way back to home from office today I saw a Honda Mobilio and suddenly I realised that it does have the number plate housing just below the rear glass area (Pic attached). The BR-V and the Mobilio have roughly the same glass area at the back. So, going back to what I said earlier, don't you think its a new design element?

Mobilio rear

Attachment 1514473

BR-V rear with roughly the same glass area

Attachment 1514474

The edited BR-V rear just like the Moblio

Attachment 1514475
The tailight appliqué on the BR-V runs across the rear hatch taking up space. Also if you noticed the rear wiper, in the Mobilio it's attached to the body while in the BR-V it sits flush on the rear windscreen. The Mobilio's wiper motor is accommodated right at the bottom part of the windscreen (glass portion) while in the BR-V it's accommodated in the portion of the hatch thereby taking up space. It's all about where the motor is accommodated.

I'm not saying it could be a design choice too; what I'm saying is, most times function takes precedence over form. There are times though the designer just places the number plate low purely for aesthetics.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 14:29   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
OT:
2. Also, anyone owns a "Orchid White Pearl" finish Honda ? I am seeing a shade variation between models ie Jazz / Honda / CR-V. Want to make sure which will be better the Taffeta white or Orchid white PF.
I have seen "pearl white" BR-V in person and Tafeta White BR-V in photos. Pearl white is a "dull creamy white" colour while "Tafeta white" looks like bright pure white. The biggest difference between the two is the Tafeta white colour is Rs. 10,000 cheaper than all other colours!

My vote goes to Silver because -

1) The car's side profile (silver with black cladding) matches the alloy wheels colour (silver and black)

Honda BR-V : Official Review-2016hondabrvcrossover26.jpg

2) Silver hides the chrome flash at the front and back

Honda BR-V : Official Review-1.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-5.jpg

Silver colour and both whites will be faster to sell in the used car market (since it is acceptable to most). Also, all 3 colours will be easier to maintain on a daily basis - your need to clean your car only once a week, since dust collected on the car will not be visible.
SmartCat is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 16:15   #306
BHPian

We would be getting delivery of our Honda BRV tommorow. Was surpised to get a call from sales manager. We had booked on 26th May.
bhpindian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 16:37   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
We would be getting delivery of our Honda BRV tommorow. Was surpised to get a call from sales manager. We had booked on 26th May.
Great News. Have you booked the Diesel or Petrol, Manual or CVT? I haven't been able to spot, even 1 BRV on road yet.
Booked on 26 May, as in made full payment or paid the booking amount?
Old 8th June 2016, 18:00   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
Must be a Diesel, My dealer says the first lot of CVT will be released India wide in end of June and reaching dealer in 8-9 days.
-xplora- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 18:19   #309
BHPian

Its Taffeta white VX diesel. We had paid only the booking amount earlier. Full payment done today. It comes out to approximately 15,29,000 on road.

Last edited by aah78 : 8th June 2016 at 19:55. Reason: Spell-check.
bhpindian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 19:19   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post
Must be a Diesel, My dealer says the first lot of CVT will be released India wide in end of June and reaching dealer in 8-9 days.
Hi xplora, my dealer, linkway in powai, said that he has already got allotments of about 10 CVTs. Delivery should happen by this month he said.

PS: I wanted to PM you, but its not allowing me to, any other way to reach you? Or can you PM me?!
Old 8th June 2016, 21:52   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Actually true.

Unless you need those 7 seats or the ground clearance, the Jazz is a much better car than the BR-V. Wish I could say the same about the petrol, but the 1.2 is underpowered. A Jazz with the 1.5 petrol is a perfect car for many people. Maybe Honda should just start selling it.
True that!
Jazz and the 1.5 litre petrol is a superb combination.

1.2 litre is way too underpowered.
Old 9th June 2016, 10:08   #312
BHPian

I am really confused between the BR-V CVT, Creta Petrol AT & Crysta Petrol GX AT (expected around Diwali).

My running of 8-10000 kms/year is low, so Petrol is fine. With about half on the highway/weekend fun and the rest for daily commute of 20kms.
Need an occasional people mover for the highways.

BR-V: is a nice , practical solution to my family size, but 3rd row ride is a concern

Creta:
Looks like an SUV, is an AT & is a "modern" replacement to my Duster.

Crysta
: Hugely expensive and probably a fuel guzzler, but a massive no-nonsense vehicle. Pseudo-SUV for the junta. Will easily cost 10K p.m more than the rest in EMI/Higher fuel costs.

Whatever I buy, i intend to keep it for the life of the vehicle. Any thoughts?
Old 9th June 2016, 10:40   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I am really confused between the BR-V CVT, Creta Petrol AT & Crysta Petrol GX AT (expected around Diwali).
Are you sure Innova Crysta petrol will come in AT guise? Petrol + 6 Speed torque convertor AT + 1.8 tonnes sounds like a bad idea. To give you an idea, 1.5 tonne Camry has an ARAI mileage figure of 13 kmpl. Innova being 300 kilos heavier will have a fuel consumption of 10 - 11 kmpl (ARAI). In city, you can expect a fuel economy of 6 kmpl. But yeah, Crysta will be a better car than BR-V in almost every other parameter. I guess resale value is not an issue since you intend to use it for a very long time.

Take Creta AT out of the equation since it is not a 7 seater. Yeah, I know you can hire an Innova when you need 7 seats - but ideally, we want our cars to meet ALL our requirements. Many times, I have noticed that the requirement for 7 seats is not always planned in advance (like when you go to a family function, and you need to drop a few relatives home on their way back). Using the "I'll hire an Innova" or "I'll hire a Zoomcar" logic is like saying "I'll buy a Tata Nano for grocery runs, use Ola or Uber for commute and Zoomcar for outstation trips".

Instead of Creta, bring Ertiga VXi AT into the equation. It's a bit basic and might seem like a downgrade - but it is quite a practical option. You can accessorize it with an additional budget of Rs. 2 Lacs (alloys, touchscreen AVN, high quality leather, Thule roof box etc). Read this review -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html

OR

You could read the review on the first page of this thread once again & opt for BR-V CVT.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 9th June 2016 at 12:47. Reason: Innova
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 11:29   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

Whatever I buy, i intend to keep it for the life of the vehicle. Any thoughts?
I would take Innova out of the equation for the following reasons:

1. Question mark on availability of petrol AT / Waiting periods
2. Paying higher cost for a lower variant. My logic is if you are paying 15L+ for a car you should opt for the best possible variant in that category. ZX would still be higher in cost.
3. You need city commute, and Innova is the least appropriate in that owing to its size and its a Van, remotely does not resemble an SUV or even SUVish.

Between Creta AT and BR-V AT, well if you will never need 6-7 seat and more space, and really want SUVish stance, and prefer TC over CVT then go for Creta. If you are planning Diesel, I would prefer Creta, but petrol its definitely BR-V for me.

Else, like I have mentioned in few earlier posts, there is no alternative to BR-V if petrol AT is a need, gives you best of both and still is a shade lower in cost.

Last edited by -xplora- : 9th June 2016 at 11:34.
-xplora- is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 11:46   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Are you sure Crysta petrol will come in AT guise? Petrol + 6 Speed torque convertor AT + 1.8 tonnes sounds like a bad idea. To give you an idea, 1.5 tonne Camry has an ARAI mileage figure of 13 kmpl. Innova being 300 kilos heavier will have a fuel consumption of 10 - 11 kmpl (ARAI). In city, you can expect a fuel economy of 6 kmpl. But yeah, Crysta will be a better car than BR-V in almost every other parameter. I guess resale value is not an issue since you intend to use it for a very long time.
The Creta Petrol AT has been on sale for more than 2 months in India. 2 members already got their cars. Here's an initial report:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post3974161

Your calculation of mileage is incorrect. The Camry has a 2.5L engine vs the Creta's 1.6L engine. IT's absolutely going to use up more fuel than a 1.6L engine regardless of weight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks