Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2016, 19:46   #496
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelife View Post
Question to existing owners of BRV. Did any of you manage to squeeze any discounts on BRV? Honda seems to be stubborn (as usual) on providing any discounts.
I managed to get a corporate discount, but it was a meager 8k INR. My SA said they had just introduced it when I was making final payment at the start of July. So who knows, more discounts might be coming along?! Keep an eye on the monthly sales figures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelife View Post
And question to owners in Thane (if any), dealer told me we can avoid paying LBT by signing an undertaking that we are responsible for paying LBT if any demand arises from authorities. Any idea on what are potential implications of this?
Hmm, I can see only one potential implication: demand arises from authorities. But not sure what sort of penalty / headaches / harassment comes with that demand! Better safe than sorry, I say sir!
Old 12th August 2016, 00:49   #497
BHPian

*Alert: You are About to witness some really rough PS work. Apologies if it Offends Anyone.

So, I was just Wondering.. How can HONDA BRV be Modified a little to take off its Mobilio Looks from its Sides..
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrv.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 10:49   #498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
If I buy a car that is 4L more expensive than my 2nd choice, how much do I lose over a 5 year period??
4L more expensive means Innova petrol? If yes, then don't bother with interest calculations - you will lose a LOT on depreciation & fuel costs.

If its Innova diesel, you might actually save some money over 5 year period (against petrol variants of BRV AT or Creta AT) because of diesel economy & lower depreciation. XUV 500 might cost you the same as petrol BRV or Creta AT over a 5 year period (diesel economy, slightly lower depreciation percentage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
You are About to witness some really rough PS work. So, I was just Wondering.. How can HONDA BRV be Modified a little to take off its Mobilio Looks from its Sides..
9 out of 10! But the window line is too high.

The white body starts at the A pillar, where the fender/bonnet meets - which looks great. But it should end at the existing C pillar.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 12:11   #499
BHPian

^^ Nope. Considering the ECOSPORT AT & Creta AT...
Old 12th August 2016, 18:15   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

The white body starts at the A pillar, where the fender/bonnet meets - which looks great. But it should end at the existing C pillar.
Thanks Smartcat.. now ive didnt expected 9 out of 10!! Glad youve liked it!

Actually Ive tried two things here .. one to pull its Design away from the Mobilio side looks.. another to give the Design a Front Bias for more Sporty appeal.

yeah i know the window line is too high.. but its being done to give it proportions similar to that of Evoque.
kalleo4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 14:04   #501
Senior - BHPian

We have shortlisted the BRV for purchase in Jan after a short test drive. The second row of seats accommodated three members of my family pretty well. The engine, the transmission, the space management, the boot, the comfort levels, the AC, feature list (apart from the missing touch screen infotainment) bowled us over. The machine is great but the showroom experience left much to be desired as we felt the staff are definitely demotivated/unenthusiastic at the Mekhri Circle showroom. Wonder how the service experience would be!

This could nudge us to the Maruti family of Brezza or S Cross in the final round, both of which we loved greatly as well - but miss the third row of seats (Else clear winners, both).
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 12:01   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
We have shortlisted the BRV for purchase in Jan after a short test drive. The second row of seats accommodated three members of my family pretty well. The engine, the transmission, the space management, the boot, the comfort levels, the AC, feature list (apart from the missing touch screen infotainment) bowled us over. The machine is great but the showroom experience left much to be desired as we felt the staff are definitely demotivated/unenthusiastic at the Mekhri Circle showroom. Wonder how the service experience would be!

This could nudge us to the Maruti family of Brezza or S Cross in the final round, both of which we loved greatly as well - but miss the third row of seats (Else clear winners, both).
If you are in Bangalore, service should not be a problem. There are horror stories with every manufacturer these days, be it Honda or Maruti. If you have the budget, BRV is a good option.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 12:11   #503
Senior - BHPian

This car ticked all the boxes for me, budget included, and it would be a shame to let it go. I was very impressed with the second row sliders, which I thought is unique to the segment - and the comfort, even with three abreast. Third row was a pleasant revelation.

But good service is right up there among my expectations as I take great care of my cars. Have good relations with all service chaps as even minor problems and nicks are attended to immediately.

So far have had a dream run with Maruti and subsequently Hyundai, need to be careful this time round as well. Do you have any recommendations for Honda Service in Blor/North Blor? Let me check them out.

If you are in Bangalore, service should not be a problem. There are horror stories with every manufacturer these days, be it Honda or Maruti. If you have the budget, BRV is a good option.[/quote]
Old 16th August 2016, 12:53   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This car ticked all the boxes for me, budget included, and it would be a shame to let it go. I was very impressed with the second row sliders, which I thought is unique to the segment - and the comfort, even with three abreast. Third row was a pleasant revelation.

But good service is right up there among my expectations as I take great care of my cars. Have good relations with all service chaps as even minor problems and nicks are attended to immediately.

So far have had a dream run with Maruti and subsequently Hyundai, need to be careful this time round as well. Do you have any recommendations for Honda Service in Blor/North Blor? Let me check them out.

If you are in Bangalore, service should not be a problem. There are horror stories with every manufacturer these days, be it Honda or Maruti. If you have the budget, BRV is a good option.
[/quote]

The Whitefield Honda near my office are pretty good(based on my friends opinion). There around 10+ service centres all across Bangalore which gives you a enough options in case you have an issue with particular centre.
Be it any manufacturer/dealer, you need to first establish a good relationship, make them understand that you love your car a lot and you know your car quite well. This is my mantra for peace of mind and has worked quite well with different manufacturers.
Old 16th August 2016, 13:28   #505
Team-BHP Support

Back from a 900 km driving holiday in the Western Ghats!

1) Gave a avg fuel economy of 13.2 kmpl for the entire trip (Home to Resort to Local Travel to Home). Out of this, roughly 600 km was on winding or village roads. FE would have been close to 14 kmpl had it not been for mad traffic due to extended holiday, the long crawl at toll booths (minimum 10 mins) and wait in the car for food (restaurants were packed, food was served in the car).

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_232255_1_p.jpg

2) The biggest USP of BR-V over Ertiga, XUV 500 and Lodgy - the boot can fit three XL-sized bags, even with the 3rd row up. You can fit 2 more medium sized bags just behind the 3rd row head-rest if you are willing to compromise on rear visibility.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160813_060755_1_p.jpg

3) Niggles update: I think the "keyless entry/exit not working occasionally" niggle has sorted itself out magically. However, the wiper now makes a strange metallic "clicky clicky" sound. Also, the steering is slightly off-center to the left. The vehicle tracks straight, but the steering is "cross" by 10 degrees.

4) Close to the end of 9 hour trip, I was having upper-back pain. I reclined the seat a bit further, and that sorted out the problem.

5) The homestay's owner is a 75 year old man, who owns an Ertiga currently, but looking for a change. He sat in the 2nd row and commented that sitting position and seat was extremely comfortable for somebody like him. However, once on the road and on bad patches of the road, he said that Ertiga did not shake/jump as much as BR-V.

6) BR-V's 210 mm Ground Clearance means you can drop left-hand side wheels on narrow 6 to 8 feet wide village roads to let the oncoming traffic pass.

7) Michelin Primacy tyres seem to be extremely grippy in wet conditions. On a climb to the steep Kundari Hills in rain/some slush, MRF Wanderers (25000 kms old) on my friend's Duster AWD was frequently losing grip. Since I was following the Duster, I could see the front wheels losing grip and power being sent to the rear wheels. No such issues with Michelin Primacy - no wheel slip at all.

8) POOR REFINEMENT is my biggest issue with the BR-V now. At high speeds or when you are rushing, the noise levels are excessive. I just dropped off the BR-V with the dealer to fix the steering issue and also to apply a double-coating of 3M rubberized goop on the wheel wells and underbody. I intend to explore other options (Dynamat etc) later.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_072817.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_073224.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_080105.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_075411.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_075507.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_073916.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_072131.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 09:17   #506
BHPian

Just completed a 750 odd kms return trip from Mumbai to Kolhapur in my iDTEC during the long weekend. Pleasant journey with minimal issues. The ground clearance definitely is a boon for some extra deep patches on the road. Got a FE of 24 with AC on and with the random traffic jams. The luggage space could accommodate lot of baggage of a friend's family who hitched a ride till Pune. No problems at all for a 4+3 occupancy.
I think the investment is paying off .
preetamkabra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 18:19   #507
Team-BHP Support

A world exclusive premiere of Honda BR-V going "off-road". The only reason why I used the word "off road" is to see if I get any hits on Youtube from Indonesian and Thai BR-V owners

This is how the above stretch looks from the other end:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160815_073238.jpg

One more video:

In these conditions, Honda BR-V has certain advantages:

1) High GC means it can go over tracks made by medium sized goods carriers and Tempo Travellers.
2) Light weight means it can scamper across without getting bogged down.
3) FWD means more steering control (as against RWDs)
4) Delayed throttle response from CVT means less chances of wheelspin due to sudden acceleration (driver error)

We intend to explore this particular aspect further - with the help of a Duster AWD and a long rope!
SmartCat is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 14:08   #508
BHPian

ACI price checker for CSUV/Crossover

Honda BR-V : Official Review-aci.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...x#imageGallery
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 01:18   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post

Ashwin.. I Hope, thats what you were asking for..
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-10aaateambhp1a.jpg  

Last edited by kalleo4 : 19th August 2016 at 01:38. Reason: picture re-edited..
kalleo4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 08:13   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalleo4 View Post
Ashwin.. I Hope, thats what you were asking for..
Looks really good. However, the width is something that cannot be changed easily and the rear tail lamps should be horizontal too.
You have to stand up to look at the ORVM though
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks