Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

EMI offer on BRV already ..
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-cqidkqiukaedi8h.jpg  

BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 16:48   #512
BHPian

How difficult would it have been for HONDA to provide a symmetric, touchscreen media NAV device of the BR-V

Honda BR-V : Official Review-brv.jpg
vikash49 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 18:10   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
How difficult would it have been for HONDA to provide a symmetric, touchscreen media NAV device of the BR-V
That is exactly what I have been feeling since a few months. All Hondas have this issue. The interior dash designer must be smoking something . Even a 4th grader could have done a better job !

I am going to remove the whole piano panel and remove the hazard lights button and re-instate it somewhere else, allowing proper symmetric panel and AVN.
-xplora- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 19:21   #514
BHPian

How many car charger sockets does BRV have. Knew that it has 1 in the front. Is another present near the middle row? Thanks.
Old 20th August 2016, 21:48   #515
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2016 at 17:36.
BUXX is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th August 2016, 21:51   #516
Team-BHP Support

Well, this is what you get from Honda when you pay Rs. 30 Lacs -

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondacrv01.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 11:58   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Well, this is what you get from Honda when you pay Rs. 30 Lacs -

Attachment 1544141
Actually thats a misrepresentation. That is an old picture and now you only get the Honda Link Touch Screen System on the CRV. Its like the US system but without Apple Car Play or Android Auto.

While i do agree with folks here that Honda should have provided a Touch Screen Navigation System but how many people actually use in built Navigation ? I think people now just use google maps. So keeping that in mind i think a Mirror Link system should have been integrated in the BRV.

Honda doesnt have a good vendor for audio i feel. They consider audio a non essential add on (my thoughts). The good part about Honda is you can swap your system for a aftermarket without affecting warranty on the car except the audio warranty.

While i do agree it is essential to have a good HU in a car i dont think its a major issue as you can swap it if you really want something (yes, i agree its a headache and doesnt have the factory fitment) i dont think its a major issue. With Honda you get piece of mind. Even the toyota HU is shit in comparison. The New Crysta at 28 lacs has terrible HU.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 13:44   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Honda doesnt have a good vendor for audio i feel. They consider audio a non essential add on (my thoughts). The good part about Honda is you can swap your system for a aftermarket without affecting warranty on the car except the audio warranty.
I beg to differ here, Honda has a good audio vendor. Infact the OEM Mitsubishi HU in BRV is very good. Even the OEM speakers are far better than any other OEM system you would see on this side of 20L cars.
Linking the smart-phone with Auto apps and the OEM HU solves all the problems except that it needs to sit on a stand instead of dash fitment.

Quote:
While i do agree it is essential to have a good HU in a car i dont think its a major issue as you can swap it if you really want something (yes, i agree its a headache and doesnt have the factory fitment) i dont think its a major issue. With Honda you get piece of mind. Even the toyota HU is shit in comparison. The New Crysta at 28 lacs has terrible HU.
I will be obviously upgrading the ICE setup with everything to the T, but after using the car for a month, I am pretty happy with the stock setup and don't have to rush for an upgrade. My brother's Crysta's OEM is below par compared to the SQ of the BR-V, not that BR-V is audiophile, but definitely livable.

The problem is the asymmetry on the HU location in the dash design which is weird. Its not centered. Honda could have thought that through or taken cue from their earlier models or any other car for that matter.
-xplora- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 11:59   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post

While i do agree with folks here that Honda should have provided a Touch Screen Navigation System but how many people actually use in built Navigation ? I think people now just use google maps. So keeping that in mind i think a Mirror Link system should have been integrated in the BRV.
From what I have read, Google Maps don't work with mirror link ( atleast on iOs). You need Android Auto/Carplay for google maps to work. Sygic Navigation is compatible with Mirror Link.

Edit: Carplay and Googlemaps are not compatible.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 22nd August 2016 at 12:02.
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:25   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post

From the next Car Play IOS update. Google maps will start working with Car Play. Tim Cook recently admitted Apple maps was a mistake so I'm pretty confident that google maps will be integrated soon into Car Play.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:32   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post

Yes - Carplay and Google maps are not directly compatible, but it seems there are some workarounds available to enable it. For eg please see this link below for one of the options where gmaps on iphone runs over any of the car-play enabled apps with voice navigation support.

http://www.carplaylife.com/how-to/ho...apple-carplay/
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 13:08   #522
Team-BHP Support

Got CQuartz ceramic coating done (after polishing) for paint protection by a professional. Took close to 8 hours! Unlike waxing, this coating is supposed to last for a year. The surface is now quite smooth to touch. It is supposed to have "hydrophobic" qualities - so water simply slides off vertical surfaces, rather than stick to the body. On horizontal surface like bonnet, water seems to form "droplets", so it is easy to wipe with 3M type cloth.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160821_095104_1_p.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160821_120319_p.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160821_171012_1_p.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160821_175726_1_p.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160821_181651_p.jpg

Also, I'm looking to connect the rear tail lamps with either neon tubes or LEDs. Take a look at this Indonesian modified BR-V -

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img8481461835305.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 23:21   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Got CQuartz ceramic coating done (after polishing) for paint protection by a professional. Took close to 8 hours!
Did it involve curing the coats under uv light? Saw an ad on fb recently about a similar treatment. Not sure if this is the same.

How much did it cost? Warranty?
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:01   #524
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by -xplora- View Post

On the other hand, Creta is definitely not an SUV. Yet, Hyundai markets it as the "Perfect SUV". A stilted hatch with few clads with SUVish design don't make it an SUV. Traditional SUV definition tells you that it needs AWD, fatter and bigger tyres, amazing Ground Clearance, oodles of space that can fit all sorts of "Sports gear" and ofcourse the engine power and engineering to make sure it can off-road, and the looks.
Except the looks, Creta has nothing to call it an SUV. Infact, BR-V will score more as an SUV considering much better GC and huge space, various seat configurations.
All in all, owning and having driven the BR-V for a month, I can tell you its a fantastic "Bold Run-about Vehicle" and that is exactly what it is. Nimble and small enough for daily city drive, and fun and spacious enough with great FE for out of town rides and an occasional soft-roading ( which I have done a few times, that GC is very handy, without the body-roll).
Coming from a BRV owner, I'd say that it's as good a rebuttal as any to the Creta's wanna-be SUV aspirations! And I'm very much with you in your evaluation of the BRV vis-a-vis the Creta. The last model approaching the real thing - an SUV - that Hyundai brought here was the Santa Fe. The Creta is a plagiarized, miniaturized version without the substance of its larger sibling.
shashanka is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 16:19   #525
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Did it involve curing the coats under uv light? Saw an ad on fb recently about a similar treatment. Not sure if this is the same. How much did it cost? Warranty?
No curing under UV lights as such, but he did mention that once applied, it needs something like 30 mins to set in.

Also, no warranty. What I got instead was a set of emailed instructions (do's and don'ts) on how to extend the life of ceramic coating.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks