Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 17:51   #541
BANNED

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Yesterday I was driving behind a BR-V and was thinking about how narrow it appears.
==========
Mobilio appears wider.
BR-V is longer, wider than Mobilio, I recently compared specs and found BR-V is bigger compared to Mobilio.
W@nnaR@ce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 17:57   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I was driving behind a BR-V and was thinking about how narrow it appears. Soon there was a Mobilio which joined the BR-V in the adjacent lane. What surprised me was the Mobilio looked visibly less narrower. I am sure in terms of the width, they must be identical but I wonder if it is the sloping (side) windows which makes the BR-V narrow at the top, while the more boxier Mobilio appears wider.
It must because of the height, BR-V is 63mm taller than the Mobilio, but because of the lower height, the Mobilio might seem wider

Quote:
I am sure in terms of the width, they must be identical
They have different width, BR-V is 52mm wider than the Mobilio

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 29th August 2016 at 17:59.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 18:17   #543
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
It must because of the height, BR-V is 63mm taller than the Mobilio, but because of the lower height, the Mobilio might seem wider
Bang on target.

Quote:
Yesterday I was driving behind a BR-V and was thinking about how narrow it appears.
The only reason why I picked up the "rear scratch protector" (the black cladding on the bumper) is to fix this issue. This cladding gives the impression of BR-V being wider than it actually is.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_3920_800.jpg

^^ Pic of BR-V (with cladding) sitting next to a Creta - to give you an idea.

Fuel Economy Updates:

1) At 100 kmph, engine spins at just 1950 RPM.
2) Did a 90 km test on 2 + 2 highway. Gives 17.5 kmpl, provided you accelerate gently. I was mostly cruising at 80 to 100 kmph.
SmartCat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 18:31   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post

They have different width, BR-V is 52mm wider than the Mobilio
It must be the extra height plus the tapering (in) of the side profile. Waistline seem to be at the same height in both but it could be the extra tall windows which makes the roof narrower in comparison.
Old 30th August 2016, 10:51   #545

Thank you Team Bhp for welcoming me to your group. Truly an honour.

Lets get started ! I have been looking to purchase my second car and have had numerous visits to multiple showrooms (Maruti, Hyundai, Honda and Renault(once))

Have been a fly on the wall for the BRV forum for many months now. I will most likely be going for the BRV, V Model Petrol very soon (saving for the down payment). Most likely Diwali.

Have a few queries:
1- Does anyone have a photo of a Silver BRV ?
2- Many of the BRVs I have seen on road have these side bumper guards. Are these necessary ? Have they helped anyone when on road ?
3- I have decided to not go for the Honda Connect, RSA, Extended Warranty(I will renew it once standard warranty is over).
4- Dealer is Crystal Honda, Pune. Any good/bad experiences to be shared will be awesome.

Cheers,
theCapri
thecapri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 11:36   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecapri View Post
2- Many of the BRVs I have seen on road have these side bumper guards. Are these necessary ? Have they helped anyone when on road ?
One can safely say that all the extra black plastic accessories that are being sold by Honda have no real functionality. Go for it only if you think it looks good on BR-V.

Quote:
3- I have decided to not go for the Honda Connect, RSA, Extended Warranty(I will renew it once standard warranty is over).
I haven't bothered with both RSA and extended warranty, because I think I'm already paying a premium when I'm buying a Honda. With most Japs, the absolute basics of car manufacturing (part reliability, no break-downs in the middle of the road) will be sorted.

I have picked up Honda Connect recently.

Pros:

1) Your will never lose your car because of theft.
2) You will find out if service center employees are taking your car for a joyride when you give it for servicing.
3) No need to keep service history. All service invoices are available in the app.
4) You can keep an eye on engine & battery condition.
5) Service reminder, you can see when the next service is due.

Cons:

1) For a device that is always connected to OBD port, I wish it had more engine/transmission related data
2) Trip analysis is gimmicky. Other than what I mentioned in "Pros", there is not much you can do with the app.
3) Took a long time to go online and start working. Quite buggy.
SmartCat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 12:54   #547
BHPian

Quote:

Have a few queries:
1- Does anyone have a photo of a Silver BRV ?
Congratulations on your joining and your choice.
I just have 1 picture in my phone at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-image.jpeg  

riteshritesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 15:54   #548

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
One can safely say that all the extra black plastic accessories that are being sold by Honda have no real functionality. Go for it only if you think it looks good on BR-V.

I have picked up Honda Connect recently.

Pros:

1) Your will never lose your car because of theft.
2) You will find out if service center employees are taking your car for a joyride when you give it for servicing.
3) No need to keep service history. All service invoices are available in the app.
4) You can keep an eye on engine & battery condition.
5) Service reminder, you can see when the next service is due.
Thanks Smartcat for this. Really helpful. I will let go the bumper guards. You have made me think about Honda Connect to be honest. Will revert back when i actually book the car. Thanks for the inputs though.

Thanks RiteshRitesh for the car snap as well. I think I have locked my colour choice too now. The dealer did not have a Silver car in their premises. They showed me a Silver jazz instead.

** Still getting a hang of the multi quotes RiteshRitesh hence not able to quote you.

Cheers,
-theCapri
thecapri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 22:18   #549
BHPian

Quote:

This is good inputs. Thanks smartcat. I have now finalised on V-CVT. Thinking of the following accessories/options and need inputs.

- Color : Tafetta White or Golden Brown - I hear Golden brown looks different at different times of the day/night but yet to see it in real life.

- HU: Will look out for after market options in these and would ideally want something that supports Android Auto as I find google maps absolutely mandatory. Saw a Blaupunkt system - San Diego for 27K at one of the stores but the one with Android auto is 50K.

- Honda Connect : Looks very elementary and I saw a demo at Jio and seems they may come out with a very good car IOT system (maybe in 2 years )

- Door protectors : Are they useful? Dealer is charging 4.5K for this

- Floor lamination : Again is this required or just upsell by dealer

- Rear protectors : I read in one of the threads that it makes the car look wider so may go for this.

- Seat Cover : Dealer is charging 13K for faux leather and I am thinking of the beige color as it makes the car look roomier.

- Driver Arm Rest : Not very happy with the dealer offered version. Need something bigger and more comfortable. Any suggestions?
onelife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 23:06   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelife View Post
HU: Will look out for after market options in these and would ideally want something that supports Android Auto as I find google maps absolutely mandatory. Saw a Blaupunkt system - San Diego for 27K at one of the stores but the one with Android auto is 50K.
If you are NOT going for Android Auto because of high cost, save yourself a another 10K by opting for HU without GPS functionality. Nothing beats Google Maps in terms of ease of use, finding the fastest route etc. Only time my Maypmyindia GPS is useful is when exploring remote areas where cell network is weak.

Quote:
- Door protectors : Are they useful? Dealer is charging 4.5K for this
It's Rs. 600. Useful for me because my son keeps banging the door against the compound wall.

Quote:
- Floor lamination : Again is this required or just upsell by dealer
How much? Which brand of lamination?

Maybe you should take the delivery of the car, run it for a couple of months and check the noise levels inside the car. If you feel it is excessive, go for this lamination and let us know if there is a significant improvement.

Quote:

- Seat Cover : Dealer is charging 13K for faux leather and I am thinking of the beige color as it makes the car look roomier.
See if you can get your hands on this "Innova Crysta-like" seat cover color in your city. A friend of mine has this on his BR-V.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img20160831wa0019.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img20160831wa0023.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img20160831wa0021.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 01:38   #551
BHPian

Quote:
How much? Which brand of lamination?

Maybe you should take the delivery of the car, run it for a couple of months and check the noise levels inside the car. If you feel it is excessive, go for this lamination and let us know if there is a significant improvement.
I think he is referring to the floor plastic lamination, not the sound proofing.

I personally do not like the floor lamination. Looks too cheap and the area where your shoe heel rests while driving would start tearing in no time.

I prefer using high quality floor mats. Nothing beats the touch / sight of clean carpeting - not very difficult to maintain too.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 09:15   #552

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
I am interested in preciesely this variant. Most of the reviews are of CVT. Could you tell us something about your driving experience? How are the gear ratios? Is the first gear very short? And so on. Have you gone on hilly roads and the highways? Please throw some light.
The driving experience is really good. On hilly roads it behaves beautifully. The section were tackled smoothly in 3rd and 2nd gear. Pulled really well with 3 on board. The handling was sweet for me (Thanks to Hyundai). On highway, overtaking is not an issue-not tested the limits since still under running-in period- and the gear ratios are good for relaxed-cruising. Only negative I found is the gear shift quality( Again thanks to Hyundai)
skn1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 18:22   #553
BANNED

Guys got Silver BR-V yesterday, I installed Fender Garnish but Honda said it is only on 1 side, sounds funny why not available for driver side as well?

Anybody else went for Garnish and got only one?
W@nnaR@ce is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 18:38   #554

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
Guys got Silver BR-V yesterday, I installed Fender Garnish but Honda said it is only on 1 side, sounds funny why not available for driver side as well?

Anybody else went for Garnish and got only one?
Congrats and welcome to the club. About the fender garnish, it must be for both sides.
skn1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 19:44   #555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You have made me think about Honda Connect to be honest. Will revert back when i actually book the car. Thanks for the inputs though.i
If you are still sitting on the fence, this might help you decide -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-workshop.html

Sure the GPS tracker can be removed by anybody who is aware of its existence - but right now, it is not very prevalent. So checking if a car has a GPS tracker will be the last thing on the mind of a would-be thief or an employee who wants to take your car for a joyride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
Guys got Silver BR-V yesterday, I installed Fender Garnish but Honda said it is only on 1 side, sounds funny why not available for driver side as well? Anybody else went for Garnish and got only one?
I have it on both the sides
SmartCat is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks