Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 22:05   #661

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Check vikash49's post here
@SmartCat, thank you for such a quick reply.
I could not get the Alpine Model details in the link shared. Is that the model I should be looking for the BRV?

You are right, there is 1 lakh offer (with Exchange). I have been offered Rs 36,000 worth accessories free as part of the offer. But every accessory @Honda is double to triple costed from market. Hence thought of at least getting electronic item, like AVN fitted so that my warranty is safe, but that is also very expensive @Brigade Honda, Bangalore.

I am not sure what accessories is worth buying @Honda?

Please let me know, if I can buy AVN outside? If yes, what shop and product you suggest is good. Thanks.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2016 at 22:14. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 14th December 2016, 10:57   #662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandanegalu View Post
I am not sure what accessories is worth buying @Honda?
- Front arm rest
- Reverse parking sensor
- Artificial leather seat covers

Use the remaining cash for discount on AVN unit. Ask for a cheaper unit from Mapmyindia, without GPS navigation (because Google maps is better).

Quote:
Please let me know, if I can buy AVN outside? If yes, what shop and product you suggest is good. Thanks.
No idea. I bought mine from Trident Honda (on Mysore Road) for Rs. 28,000. It's a mapmyindia unit with GPS.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 14:28   #663
BHPian

Going for a BRV V CVT. Discount is 1,00,000 Exchange + 50,000 Additional.

Have driven a Honda ANHC for last 7 years and in love with IVTEC. Wanted the power & frugality of IVTEC, smoothness of CVT and a 7-seater. And my City is evidence of Honda service, running smoothly after 1,08,000 and nearly 7 years

Know am compromising on build quality and a few gizmos, but its a known compromise.

Will update once I get the car. Cheers.
ashishpotdar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 16:03   #664
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpotdar View Post

Have driven a Honda ANHC for last 7 years and in love with IVTEC. Wanted the power & frugality of IVTEC, smoothness of CVT and a 7-seater. And my City is evidence of Honda service, running smoothly after 1,08,000 and nearly 7 years

Know am compromising on build quality and a few gizmos, but its a known compromise.

Will update once I get the car. Cheers.
Thats a good discount. From the beginning, people here felt that it was overpriced 1-1.5 lacs.

If this discount improves sales, Honda would do well to set that as the new price going forward. If it doesnt, then they are in real trouble with BR-V.
Old 15th December 2016, 20:42   #665
Team-BHP Support

With the price cut, BRV has a good chance of winning the prestigious "Brio Platform Car" of the Year 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishpotdar View Post
Is this a proper no fine print actual Rs. 1.5 Lac discount? That is, instead of Rs. 15 Lacs on road, you are paying Rs. 13.5 Lacs?
Old 16th December 2016, 19:04   #666
BHPian

From my interaction with the Dakshin Honda (Bangalore), it is either 1 Lakh exchange bonus OR Insurance and 50thousands worth accessories free.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 19:22   #667

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
From my interaction with the Dakshin Honda (Bangalore), it is either 1 Lakh exchange bonus OR Insurance and 50thousands worth accessories free.
I have been offered by Brigade Honda, 1 Lakh exchange bonus which includes (34k free accessories + 26k cash discount + 40k cash discount because of exchange)

Friends let me know if this is the best offer?
vandanegalu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 13:12   #668
BHPian

I would rather get the discount in form of cash discount since they usually over charge for basic accessories. Opt for only those accessories which will otherwise void warranty if you install after-market.
rich_heart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 21:54   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Honda Cars India has silently upgraded the BR-V by adding a 15.7-cm (~6.2 inch) touchscreen audio-visual infotainment system with navigation, reverse parking camera display and DVD playback support.

RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 22:20   #670
Team-BHP Support

It's just the local dealership offering touchscreen AVN with reversing camera, in lieu of the official discount. The website still displays the old unit.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 18:31   #671
Senior - BHPian

Just TD'ed the BRV diesel. Fairly impressive - and very familiar for a Honda City 2001 owner! Interiors are nice, though not "exciting" like Hyundai etc. Car does what it is meant to. Engine was a little "audible" but nothing I would call intrusive. Pushed it into 3 digit territory, did quick lane switches, pottered around narrow lanes in tight traffic - seemed very comfortable doing all of that.

Just think it's overpriced. There's a 1L on offer for the old City, and 1Lakh discount. Even with all of that, need to shell out 12L for the SMT diesel!

Quick question - how "Honda" are the 1.5 DTECs wrt reliability, maintenance, peace of mind, etc? How much of a real life difference is there really between the diesel and petrol in efficiency, running costs, power delivery?

Still wondering if I should wait for a few in the used market next year
Old 24th December 2016, 21:11   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Just TD'ed the BRV diesel. Fairly impressive - and very familiar for a Honda City 2001 owner! Interiors are nice, though not "exciting" like Hyundai etc. Car does what it is meant to. Engine was a little "audible" but nothing I would call intrusive. Pushed it into 3 digit territory, did quick lane switches, pottered around narrow lanes in tight traffic - seemed very comfortable doing all of that.

Just think it's overpriced. There's a 1L on offer for the old City, and 1Lakh discount. Even with all of that, need to shell out 12L for the SMT diesel!

Quick question - how "Honda" are the 1.5 DTECs wrt reliability, maintenance, peace of mind, etc? How much of a real life difference is there really between the diesel and petrol in efficiency, running costs, power delivery?

Still wondering if I should wait for a few in the used market next year
Honda's iDTEC engine had some issues with hydrolocking as well as having a speed limiter programmed in the ECU. No idea if its been resolved but the first issue is definitely reason to give the diesel a miss.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 22:20   #673
Senior - BHPian

Thanks! So maybe it'll be a wait and watch, or an Ertiga.
Old 25th December 2016, 12:49   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
Thanks! So maybe it'll be a wait and watch, or an Ertiga.
I wanted a 7 seater and stuck to choose between Eritga and BRV.

My thoughts:
  • liked Ertiga because of its price and reliability in India.
  • liked BRV because of Honda's international safety standards, engine and the luggage space compared to Ertiga.

Also I understand, next year all the Automobile manufacturers will be going to increase their price, because of price increase in the Raw material cost and government subsidy cut.

Hence wanted to take advantage of year end offers.
All the best and happy new year.
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:17   #675
BHPian

BRV kind of ticks most of the important aspects for me for a compact family 7 seater(only other option is Ertiga, which I am not keen on). Does it makes sense to go for it? Will Honda shut down BRV because of poor sales? Will there be any support for product if it stops production?

Most Viewed