Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:23   #676
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
BRV kind of ticks most of the important aspects for me for a compact family 7 seater(only other option is Ertiga, which I am not keen on). Does it makes sense to go for it? Will Honda shut down BRV because of poor sales? Will there be any support for product if it stops production?
Even if production is shut down, it is unlikely to affect after sales service. After all, BRV is a mix and match of Brio, Mobilio and City. Accident damage might take more time to fix perhaps.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:49   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BRV kind of ticks most of the important aspects for me for a compact family 7 seater(only other option is Ertiga, which I am not keen on). Does it makes sense to go for it? Will Honda shut down BRV because of poor sales? Will there be any support for product if it stops production?
I am sure even the 1st generation Honda City is being given adequate service by Honda. Service for discontinued models is not an issue with Japanese cars.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 08:44   #678

Just finished the second free Brv service. The dealer gave me a free complementary underchassis painting as a goodwill gesture. Have done 7020km at a fuel economy of 15.8kmpl on my manual petrol Brv.

Am very impressed with the brv boot which can take 2 big suitcases placed vertically.
Did a recent 3500km holiday drive from Vellore to Kaiga and then Goa, Bijapur, Badami, Hampi and back. Got a fuel economy of 16kmpl for that trip. Car was fully loaded with 7 people including 3 kids under 10. Did about 200km of ghat roads at 20-50kmph. The car handled extremely well. On 1 occasion when it came to a tight squeeze the brv made it but the Innova following couldn't. Also had to do 6km off roading. This was because my GPS misdirected me. The terrain was terrible and used by sand loading trucks. The brv handled the terrain very well and the undersurface touched the ground twice. Overall I think it is a great car ideal for taking extended family or friends around.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20161230_172206.jpg  

John Roshan is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 12:43   #679

Thanks friend for sharing your experience, I have similar situation with 7 people and luggage. Hence my decision to go with BRV (expensive) instead of Eritga has proven to be right.

Though feels bad for not BRV being hit in the market (of course because it is expensive), but I think it meets my needs.

Though it was a short trip, I got 19 Mileage (without AC) from Yeshwantpur to Nelamangala back.

I am planning to buy online accessories like Car Navigation system, Side stepper, back guard, etc, fitted into my new BRV.

Friends,
Any experiences or recommend product please suggest
Also please suggest a place in Bangalore where I can get professional installation?

Last edited by ajmat : 8th January 2017 at 16:06.
Old 16th January 2017, 16:19   #680

Luggage carrier for the Honda BRV

Hello everyone. I am planning a trip to Jaipur and Udaipur with 5 adults and 2 kids. I would like to fit my BRV with a luggage carrier as I am expecting some extra luggage. I have a couple of queries.
1. Are the roof rails stable enough to take the weight of the carrier?
2. Can someone suggest any brand/ dealer in Delhi supplying the same ?
I shall really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.
Old 19th January 2017, 17:09   #681
BHPian

Re: Luggage carrier for the Honda BRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kiranmoy View Post
1. Are the roof rails stable enough to take the weight of the carrier?
2. Can someone suggest any brand/ dealer in Delhi supplying the same ?
I shall really appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.
Yes, the roof rails are strong and stable. Ajanta has roof rail carrier http://www.ajantain.com/honda_brv_accessories

You will find smarter and expensive ones like Thule. Infact any carrier that fits on roof rails will be compatible. Just venture out in the local car market and you will be spoilt for choices.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 19:18   #682
BHPian

I recently did my longest trip yet on the BRV, a 150 km return journey to a nearby trekking point.

Car was loaded with 7 decent sized adults, 3 of them could sit decently comfortably on the 2nd row for the 1 hr ride, 2 short ladies could sit in the 3rd row, they even managed to doze off there!

I was happy with the drive, acceleration, no body roll even at 100 kmph, pretty smooth ride despite the often un-level roads etc.

And the AC did a good job both directions, especially during the return journey at noon time!

Got an FE of 12 kmpl, not as good as I thought, but not too bad either. (I have stopped noticing the ECO lamp long back!! ;-) )
Hvt77 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 18:18   #683
BHPian

Booked Honda BRV VMT Diesel today. I have been offered 65k discount+35k AVN+ Seat Covers + Parking sensors.
Please advise if it is good deal. I am confused of which seat covers to go. The honda seat covers does not seem great. Will the beige seat covers look good? Are there any aftermarket seat covers which we can opt for?

Dear owners and others with exp, plz do recommend the must have accessories.
Old 26th January 2017, 20:35   #684
BHPian

Firstly congratulations. I would advise you to go for black one by honda. Keep the seat covers until their life. Later you can think of change.
GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 15:03   #685
BHPian

Quote:

Dear owners and others with exp, plz do recommend the must have accessories.
Congratulations, Good Choice. I have the same model. In my opinion you have got yourself a good deal in terms of discount and accessories. Enjoy the ride. You may want to go for Floor Lamination, Window Visors, side steps. In terms of seat covers, do go for black. They look neat as the biege will be totally a mismatch to the interiors. Also try to get whilte LEDs as the roof lights - which are a good change from the lame yellow. Get a 3M finish done before you take it out. Think that does it all. It's a very good car and you'll know why.
preetamkabra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 19:24   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetamkabra View Post
It's a very good car and you'll know why.
If you don't mind, can you please tell us what's that good factor. I am in evaluating stage to buy BRV. Your view points may help me to buy.
Old 27th January 2017, 23:45   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetamkabra View Post
Congratulations, Good Choice. I have the same model. In my opinion you have got yourself a good deal in terms of discount and accessories. Enjoy the ride. You may want to go for Floor Lamination, Window Visors, side steps. In terms of seat covers, do go for black. They look neat as the biege will be totally a mismatch to the interiors. Also try to get whilte LEDs as the roof lights - which are a good change from the lame yellow. Get a 3M finish done before you take it out. Think that does it all. It's a very good car and you'll know why.
Thanks for encouraging words. My biggest fear is Honda stoping the BRV production or slashing the prices. Other then that, it ticks most of the boxes.

The 3M finish you are mentioning, is it the body paint coating? Can this be done by Honda Dealer itself?
Can you also please post some pics of the interiors please to get an idea on how it looks.
Old 6th February 2017, 16:42   #688
BHPian

Mine
Honda BR-V : Official Review-brv.jpg
arun_kun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 20:42   #689
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on your buy. What is the final discount you received? Also along with AVN and reversing parking sensor, did you get reverse parking camera too?
Old 6th February 2017, 22:17   #690

Mine 

Congratulations! I have the same colour, though VCVT. I had opted for the 3M basic care and 5 year underbody coating immediately after buying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks