Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 23:03   #691
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
Congrats on your buy. What is the final discount you received? Also along with AVN and reversing parking sensor, did you get reverse parking camera too?
I got 78k cash discount, blaupunkt san diego 530 AVN with map my india maps, parking sensors, reverse cam, seat covers and basic accessories kit.
arun_kun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 08:04   #692
BHPian

Is it for 2016 or 2017? If latter then it's a cool deal.
Old 12th February 2017, 13:56   #693

Hi friends!. I recently completed a trip of around 1000kms in my BRV VCVT from Delhi-Jaipur- Ajmer and back. Got an average FE of 15kmpl. Made judicious use of the ground clearance at some Toll gates with serpentine queues! No niggles whatsoever during the trip. However, I do feel that my 2012 Ford Figo diesel was more stable on the highways at speeds greater than 100. One thing which I noticed is that Econometer light rarely came up after speeds of >100kmph. Has anyone noticed this?

Last edited by Eddy : 12th February 2017 at 15:02. Reason: typo
Old 13th February 2017, 22:24   #694
Senior - BHPian

Did a TD of the BR-V CVT, very refined and a chiller of an A/C, superb pickup even in D under urban conditions. I felt that it's narrow width is a boon for the driver very easy to manouvre, but a bane for the second row bench: is strictly for two persons. Brakes had a nice bite. I have a feeling it's narrow confines may be a problem under hard braking with a full load. The ground clearance is a boon.

I'm getting an exchange benefit of ₹100000 (1 lakh) on a 2016 model. OTR in Chennai is a shade lower than ₹ 14 L with discounts.
Old 14th February 2017, 15:59   #695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kiranmoy View Post
Mine 

Congratulations! I have the same colour, though VCVT. I had opted for the 3M basic care and 5 year underbody coating immediately after buying.
Congrats, same color and I did the same thing (underbody coating)
Old 15th February 2017, 00:40   #696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Kiranmoy View Post
However, I do feel that my 2012 Ford Figo diesel was more stable on the highways at speeds greater than 100. One thing which I noticed is that Econometer light rarely came up after speeds of >100kmph. Has anyone noticed this?
I have done high speeds on the highway on my manual petrol Brv. It does feel a bit scary driving that fast on an Indian highway where people just cross at random and vehicles dont follow lane discipline!!

The eco light does burn even at 120kmph when in the 6th gear. I always try to drive with the green light on. I have completed 9500km with a mileage of 15.8kmpl.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th February 2017 at 05:48. Reason: Removed high speed reference.
Old 15th February 2017, 11:12   #697
BHPian

Hello folks, my car just crossed 1000kms and due for first service. From last 20 kms I have been getting 2 continuous beeps every 2-3 kms while driving. Anyone has any idea why I am getting the beeps? There are no warning/lights whatsoever on the display. I have called my SA and asked him to check. Took cab today to office
Old 17th February 2017, 17:30   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Hello folks, my car just crossed 1000kms and due for first service. From last 20 kms I have been getting 2 continuous beeps every 2-3 kms while driving. Anyone has any idea why I am getting the beeps? There are no warning/lights whatsoever on the display. I have called my SA and asked him to check. Took cab today to office
Did you get any updates from SA ? Please share the experience.
Old 18th February 2017, 00:10   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
Did you get any updates from SA ? Please share the experience.

SA told me that the issue will be analysed when I give for first service
Old 22nd February 2017, 14:08   #700
BHPian

Hello guys! Newbie here and I wanted to share my experience in brief on selecting BRV.

BRV had been somewhere on the ‘list’ all through the car selection process but it leaped to #1 position after giving in to practicality for family’s needs and a nice to drive reliable car for my interest. A thorough read of official review and your valuable comments helped a great deal.

As a family with growing children our need for a spacious car became prominent about 10 months ago and the outcome of deliberations was either BRV, Creta or Safari.

Safari has been an infatuation since long so it had to be right up there. It didn’t pose itself with bells & whistles which are all too common in other cars but we don’t buy safari for that. Do we? More importantly it didn’t provide for comfortable seating options for our family with luggage on board for long trips we often undertake. I would have been the only happy guy so had to sadly let it go. Hexa was briefly considered, but besides being bulky it just didn’t appeal a great deal to me but I must appreciate there’s some top class engineering work in that TATA.

While Creta had its selling points much to my liking (sans the beige dash/interior), like safari this too fell short at providing comfortable seating options & space which were key requirements for missus and children. We’re all sold on style, features, performance aspects but it was a close second at the end.

BRV checked all the requirement boxes for family and the only aspect about BRV that I alone didn’t like was MPV looks sideways. But the positives were quite a few too which tilted our selection decision towards it. An overall comfortable/spacious car for family, proven 1.5 ivtec, peace of mind with Honda and yes those machined alloys had their own lure. But I still needed some more to part ways with Creta/Safari, something special to push me across the indecisiveness. I sifted through the BRV/City threads, read official reviews and chanced upon praises for CVT. Now I have been an MT guy all my life (sans few years in west) but I thought let’s TD the CVT as it must be famous for some reason(s). An extensive TD of CVT was a fantastic experience and pedal shifters were right there when I wanted the thrill of MT. I had wide grin on my face as I pressed the engine stop button after TD. The new car selection saga that began 10 months ago finally ends here I said to myself.

I’ve decided to go with Oct'16 model to get some attractive discount. Let the hunt begin!

Thanks for reading.
wangdu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2017, 16:40   #701
BHPian

In South East Asian markets including Malaysia and Indonesia a quite updated BRV model, known as All New BRV, is available.

This model does include some essentials gravely missed in the BRV sold here in India, like Touch Screen Navigation System, Rear View Camera etc.

A Malaysian Honda BRV site may reveal more:

https://www.honda.com.my/model/comfort/brv

I know many dealership provide such facilities as an add on, either as form of offer or on cost plus basis. Can we expect similar updated BRV in India also?

Agree, India is a price sensitive market, and there is nothing wrong in that. But Honda could have little sensitive in offering few essentials at least as an option. With due respect to all buyers, I find a seller of cars like City and Jazz went way back in terms of design and options of features post Amaze. This is where Korean counterpart is scoring perfectly: a balance of premium charged and features and designed offered. Sales figure speaks.

Better opportunities for Indian manufacturers like Mahindra & Tata.
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 20:19   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Hello guys! Newbie here and I wanted to share my experience in brief on selecting BRV.

BRV had been somewhere on the ‘list’ all through the car selection process but it leaped to #1 position after giving in to practicality for family’s needs and a nice to drive reliable car for my interest. A thorough read of official review and your valuable comments helped a great deal.

As a family with growing children our need for a spacious car became prominent about 10 months ago and the outcome of deliberations was either BRV, Creta or Safari.

Safari has been an infatuation since long so it had to be right up there. It didn’t pose itself with bells & whistles which are all too common in other cars but we don’t buy safari for that. Do we? More importantly it didn’t provide for comfortable seating options for our family with luggage on board for long trips we often undertake. I would have been the only happy guy so had to sadly let it go. Hexa was briefly considered, but besides being bulky it just didn’t appeal a great deal to me but I must appreciate there’s some top class engineering work in that TATA.

While Creta had its selling points much to my liking (sans the beige dash/interior), like safari this too fell short at providing comfortable seating options & space which were key requirements for missus and children. We’re all sold on style, features, performance aspects but it was a close second at the end.

BRV checked all the requirement boxes for family and the only aspect about BRV that I alone didn’t like was MPV looks sideways. But the positives were quite a few too which tilted our selection decision towards it. An overall comfortable/spacious car for family, proven 1.5 ivtec, peace of mind with Honda and yes those machined alloys had their own lure. But I still needed some more to part ways with Creta/Safari, something special to push me across the indecisiveness. I sifted through the BRV/City threads, read official reviews and chanced upon praises for CVT. Now I have been an MT guy all my life (sans few years in west) but I thought let’s TD the CVT as it must be famous for some reason(s). An extensive TD of CVT was a fantastic experience and pedal shifters were right there when I wanted the thrill of MT. I had wide grin on my face as I pressed the engine stop button after TD. The new car selection saga that began 10 months ago finally ends here I said to myself.

I’ve decided to go with Oct'16 model to get some attractive discount. Let the hunt begin!

Thanks for reading.
Your reasons for choosing BRV are very similar to mine. Less bulky with more space. I got mine a month back and have already done couple of 20Km trips with 9 passengers (6 adults and 3 children-8 to 10 years old). Surprisingly No one complained about lack of space. Moreover, I am able to zip the car through narrow gaps purely because of its narrow width which looked like a drawback to me earlier. Lookwise Honda cars grow on you. When the Honda city came out with the curvy design it looked rather odd but slowly it became the most popular design. I actually like the side profile more than rear which makes it look like a hatchback.

Why are you going for the Oct 16 model? I think there will be some Nov models as well available. You should get a good deal in the 2016 models.
onelife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 22:21   #703
Senior - BHPian

Vandanegalu! I have zeroed in on this car but the diesel version in particular. I'm not seeing anything else in the same spec (Ertiga looks boring). Would you recommend it? Do you think hydrolock would be any issue? Hows the sales and service in Blor? Any drawbacks?

Sorry to ask so many questions, as I had taken a test drive of petrol model on my last visit and loved it, but really wanted to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandanegalu View Post
Congrats, same color and I did the same thing (underbody coating)
Old 28th February 2017, 08:38   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelife View Post
Your reasons for choosing BRV are very similar to mine. Less bulky with more space. I got mine a month back and have already done couple of 20Km trips with 9 passengers (6 adults and 3 children-8 to 10 years old). Surprisingly No one complained about lack of space. Moreover, I am able to zip the car through narrow gaps purely because of its narrow width which looked like a drawback to me earlier. Lookwise Honda cars grow on you. When the Honda city came out with the curvy design it looked rather odd but slowly it became the most popular design. I actually like the side profile more than rear which makes it look like a hatchback.

Why are you going for the Oct 16 model? I think there will be some Nov models as well available. You should get a good deal in the 2016 models.
Hi, There was only one car in UT color in stock which was Oct'16 make.
Yeah, perhaps i am viewing the side profile with SUV's in mind. I do like the view through wide rear windows (like sitting in volvo bus). wow! 9 passengers, that's quite a lot for BRV in first thoughts. I've been driving with 5 adults and 1 child and as expected all sat comfortably and yes the car is very nimble & fun to drive around too esp. with AT taking away clutch & gear change duties. Cheers !
Old 28th February 2017, 10:16   #705

Ertiga has its own advantages, but felt it had less power and space. The best I could get for my requirements was BRV, so I went for it.

Many people have stopped by, to check with me about BRV, it has created interest at least.

Honda Diesel is expensive and works out best if price is not a concern or you are driving at least 50+ Kms a day.

In Bangalore I am getting good attention, may be because of competition from many dealers or Honda 121 (customer support) which is chasing the dealers to get customers satisfaction. If it is because of 121, then you are good where ever you are in India.
vandanegalu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks