Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2017, 11:38   #766
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Upon checking with puncture guy, it turned out that there's no nail or anything that pierced the tire but it seems like a crack or a cut perhaps. I then engaged Good-year care whose inspection team concluded that the crack/cut is due to a sharp object (not part of warranty) and they have washed away their hands off this.
I'm afraid this does look like a cut made by sharp stone on the tyre's sidewall.

Quote:
Now my other cars go far and more on MRF & Apollo on similar routes and those tires actually do go off-road towards countryside, long trips and they are going just fine. What in the world caused good-year assurance tire to fail so soon is beyond my comprehension?
I think this has more to do with luck than sidewall strength. MRF/Apollo in your other cars did not meet this particular sharp stone under these circumstances (speed, angle of impact etc).

Quote:
For now, I'm considering fixing the crack with a puncture repair kit (and put it on the spare wheel) and put the spare tire on the alloy. Or to be safe I might as well discard this tire and with my confidence on good year much shaken I am also pondering to buy one from another manufacturer but given the different compound and tread that might not work 100% in tandem with Good year’s on LHS.
Since the tear resulted in air loss, it cannot be repaired. Buy a different brand tyre and put that in spare steel wheel.
Old 25th May 2017, 14:16   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I'm afraid this does look like a cut made by sharp stone on the tyre's sidewall..
what beats me is how can the cut/crack be vertical to sidewall? If the tire had brushed against a sharp metal/stone then the cut's orientation should have been horizontal to tire's curve. In addition the stone/metal had to be hard and immovable. in which case it should have left marks on alloy (which isn't the case). The vertical orientation on the side wall makes me incline towards thinking it to be of weak rubber? (The tires aren't old either as I had checked mfg. date during purchase). It would go down as an unsolved mystery. Thanks for your input.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2017, 15:21   #768
BHPian

Is there a way to have an Infotainment system with Android Auto in BRV? I asked a dealer in Chennai but he said nothing available from them even as an accessory. Any suggestions?
Old 4th June 2017, 18:40   #769
BHPian

Quote:
what beats me is how can the cut/crack be vertical to sidewall? If the tire had brushed against a sharp metal/stone then the cut's orientation should have been horizontal to tire's curve. In addition the stone/metal had to be hard and immovable. in which case it should have left marks on alloy (which isn't the case). The vertical orientation on the side wall makes me incline towards thinking it to be of weak rubber? (The tires aren't old either as I had checked mfg. date during purchase). It would go down as an unsolved mystery. Thanks for your input.
I had same problem with Goodyear tyres in my Jazz. These types were replacements after original Michelins served me for 44k. On hitting a stone, one of the tyre had similar side wall crack. Luckily my tyre shop were thorough in their paper work and they had registered my purchase for warranty. I had to pay only 5% of the cost based on the usage as calculated by Goodyear engineer.

All the communication to customer care of Goodyear was done by my. I suggest you call them up and insist them for their written reply for denial of warranty. Your case is strong as alloys are not damaged.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 16:27   #770
BHPian

Quote:
The vertical orientation on the side wall makes me incline towards thinking it to be of weak rubber? (The tires aren't old either as I had checked mfg. date during purchase). It would go down as an unsolved mystery. Thanks for your input.
If you haven't purchased a new tyre yet, I suggest you visit a truck tyre repair shop and get a Gator patchwork done ( in the truckers terminology, it is called a gutter patch). This would make the tyre fit for city road use/stepney usage.
I had a bad experience with Yoko Earth-1 on my old Innova, with bulges and cracks deeming them unfit pretty early in my ownership. Got Gator patches done on them( running tyres) and completed almost 35000 kms with it.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 11:46   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
..I suggest you call them up and insist them for their written reply for denial of warranty. Your case is strong as alloys are not damaged.
Well, I did discuss & insist with good-year fellows to consider under goodwill (given the technical reasons I provided coupled with very low mileage) but to no avail. I wanted to let go, buy a new tyre and move on but wasn't satisfied so I knew where to knock and reached out to Honda instead. I have relatively more trust in a car manufacturer than Good-year for simple reason that Honda (car co.) will be more customer focused & they have relatively more goodwill to lose than a tire company.

It took some persuasion and appreciate Honda's interest in the case here that eventually ended in me getting a new tire under goodwill. Thanks to Honda, a tire is no big deal but trusting your customers and going the extra mile where the case is/seems genuine makes for a satisfied customer. The only sore point of this 2-week saga was the apathy & lackadaisical attitude of the dealer's Quality department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
If you haven't purchased a new tyre yet..
This sounds interesting, thanks. Will surely dig deeper to know and (hopefully not) have a work around if it happens next time on any of my cars' tires.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 18:30   #772
BHPian

Any indication that price of BRV might decrease after GST implementation?
Old 17th June 2017, 23:24   #773
BHPian

The Honda dealer at Udupi has been after me for the last 2 months for the BRV. Today, when he called, I told him that I would like to wait till after July 1st to decide. While he refused to commit what will happen to the BRV prices, he said if the prices post GST go south, Honda will refund the loss.
I had also received a promotional SMS from Honda which reads " Dear Regd customer, now avail post GST price protection assurance on HONDA BRV upto June 30. Plus Exchange bonus of 60K. Visit any Honda dealer. T &C apply."
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2017, 17:06   #774

Hi, Rich Heart..
I am also looking to buy the BRV petrol automatic variant...
I currently have the Renault Duster 85bhp diesel...

u have any news on Post GST pricing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_heart View Post
Hi all,
After a little gap due to financial aspects, I might again plan for going for BRV. I have been following it for past 6 months and there still is no comparable products from peers. Not sure when 7 seater Duster would be released. Till then, BRV can be the lone practical option in that category.

Does anyone know if deals are still available at dealerships in Bangalore? Which dealer would be the best in terms of deals? Has anyone got additional freebies from any specific dealers?
Last time when I analysed, I felt going for cash discount would be best than opting for free accessories since usually cost of accessories are marked up higher than After market ones.

Special hello to Smartcat for his invaluable efforts and insights

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st June 2017, 21:59   #775
Team-BHP Support

Got my insurance renewed directly at ICICI Lombard website.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-insurance.jpg

Fiddled around with all the options on the website and managed to get a quote of Rs. 24,000 - inclusive of taxes. My new car insurance premium via Honda Assure was Rs. 36,000.
  • IDV of around Rs. 10 Lakhs
  • Since I have OBD GPS tracker (Honda Connect), got a discount of Rs. 500
  • Voluntary deductible of Rs. 15,000 means a further discount of Rs. 2,500. I don't intend to make small claims, hence opted for voluntary deductible. Most of the time, the car is parked in the garage and I only take it out on highway drives.
  • Looks like they slipped in "PA cover for owner driver" and "legal liability of paid driver" for Rs. 150, without letting me know beforehand.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 10:24   #776
BHPian

Hi All. Posting after ages and particularly since I'm seriously considering the BRV CVT AT. Currently driving a 2012 Honda city. Already test driven the creta AT and the BRV AT. In every aspect found the BRV better overall. There's also a bit of Honda tradition in our family previously having owned the CRV. Also have been seeing a lot of BRVs on the road lately. Going to the showroom now to check colour options. Will come in more later.
sunster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 13:46   #777
BHPian

Hi all. Just got back from the Solitaire Honda showroom at Mumbai Borivli West. Went with my family since we wanted to check the color options too. Have zeroed in on the orchid white. Tafetta white is not available anymore. The brown metallic looks nice under showroom lights but quite a difference in sunlight. Did not like it !!

Quote given was approximately 15.65 on road. Discount of 60000 offered in exchange with my 2012 March City E-MT which has done 55000 kms.

Option for AVN is the motevo. System which sits flush but don't know how good it is since by the time we started testing it in the car the batteries conked off. There are onscreen controls for volume etc and it looks quite neat but it's a sever downgrade compared to my existing setup.

Don't know what will be the gst implication on the cars come July.

We also sat in the wrv and there was a modded one with beige interiors,part leather part walnut finish steering and wood inserts in the front. My wife loves the beige combination and we would probably consider doing it if we go for a white BRV. The cost for this Beiging is 55000 which includes the front panel,steering and seats.

Will try and out pics from our visit today.

Pics taken from our visit to the dealership

White Brv

Urban metallic Titanium- the color is discontinued

Interior of the wrv modded with Beige interiors and faux wooden panels on dash and steering.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1670.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1673.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1675.jpg  

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_1677.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th June 2017 at 14:05. Reason: Back to back posts.
sunster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 23:31   #778
BHPian

The dealership had agreed to fit the WRV's touch screen player in the BRV. They said, it is likely to cost around 55000-60000. They had another one costing about 35000 fitted in the display BRV which however did not have mirrorlink. The one in WRV has mirrorlink in addition to navigation, bluetooth etc
Old 26th June 2017, 23:44   #779
BHPian

Sell your old car outside, you should be able to get 3-4 Lakh for it.
Old 29th June 2017, 11:11   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Quote given was approximately 15.65 on road. Discount of 60000 offered in exchange with my 2012 March City E-MT which has done 55000 kms.
congrats, CVT is indeed a great pick. I purchased UT colored V CVT earlier this year and the OTR was 13.3 including Alpine AVN, reverse sensor+camera and usual freebies. It's a yawning gap of 2.3L (even considering tax difference) and I guess there weren't any major price hikes recently too. BTW, discounts are much on offer during the month of October due to festive season and more so due to "Dealer of the year" recognition being held that time of the year (just letting you know in case). Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
All BR-Vs. And top speed is limited to 145 kmph (Mobilio was 140) according to TBHP review.
On my recent getaway, on a long open expressway, fenced both sides I put this above statement to test and I can confirm that it is untrue. BRV reached 160+, was comfortably stable. I then cut down the chase and was back in saner speed limits as the objective was achieved.

Last edited by wangdu : 29th June 2017 at 11:31.
wangdu is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks