Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 10:29   #796
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

One of the USP of the CVT was its reportedly high mileage figures..
I have a TC car and the FE is better than what wangdu got on the Highways. Yes, City mileage in traffic/jam conditions is pathetic and in (late) single figure.

But all in all, the BR-V is a terrific vehicle , i just wish that they had taken more efforts to differentiate it (I once saw a 4WD Honda Station Wagon) , made it a more capable Family vehicle by using better Safety gizmos. It is more directed to a niche Urban audience as a UV and should have addressed all that this audience wanted .
Old 6th July 2017, 16:31   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hi Wangdu, the plastic is near the seat belt buckle clips of the smaller seat, you can see two clips close to each other and a plastic at the joint of 60:40 seats.
I already had mobilio iDtec till June but I am looking now for automatic only, thus iVtec.
is this a new add in latest BRVs? I don't have any such in the one bought in Feb'17. Could you share a pic please?
Old 6th July 2017, 18:25   #798
BHPian

I don't have the pictures unfortunately. May be after I buy one, I will share..
Old 9th July 2017, 20:54   #799

Talking of mileage and the brv. I have a manual petrol V model. I have done close to 16000km and my average fuel economy is 15.9kmpl. It dropped to 12kmpl in bumper to bumper traffic in Chennai.

I have done several long drives including a recent 4000km drive from Vellore to Kanha national park then Gughwa fossil park, Bandhavgarh, Marble rocks in Bhedaghat, Sanchi stupas, Bimbetka rock cave paintings, Udayagiri caves and back to Vellore via hyderabad.

I personally think the brv is a great car for long family drives and I have not faced any niggles thus far.It has great braking probably partly thanks to the Michellin 16 inch tyres. It is very stable on windy ghat roads and extremely easy to manoeuvre. Being narrow it can squeeze through smaller gaps than the Innova can. Also the great clearance makes for the undersurface seldom getting scrapped.
I think a rear metal bumper protecter is essential for city traffic though it is good to put one that will protect against the front mud guard of a bike. Despite putting one my car has been kissed by a bike mud guard that comes higher than the metal protecter that I have. Having a rear view camera, 4D floor mats or noodle mats are other essential accessories in my opinion.

Like I mentioned before I feel the brv which cost me 13.5 lakhs on road in August 2016 was overpriced by about 1.5lakhs. The main feature I missed was having cruise control.
John Roshan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 14:39   #800
BHPian

Have a query for the BR-V owners here..

As I understand, all variants of BR-V come with a projector (low beam) and standard reflector (high beam) headlamp setup with H7 halogen bulbs. How do you find the OE light setup in terms of spread, reach & intensity, specially in the highways?

Also, as there are separate bulbs for hi beam and low beam, do the low beams also come on when the hi beams are engaged?
Old 11th July 2017, 21:22   #801
BHPian

Hi friends, I have booked pearl white BRV CVT.
The accessories as per suggestions above :
Reverse parking camera and 3.7inch Display
Rear guard - steel pipe type or aluminium
Floor mats
Steering cover
Armrest ( not urgent though)
Rooftop carrier (later)
Mapmyindia (existing already)
Tyre air pump(existing already)

I am also inclined towards extended warranty for 4th and 5th year.
Abhishek_Garg is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2017, 10:45   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Have a query for the BR-V owners here..

As I understand, all variants of BR-V come with a projector (low beam) and standard reflector (high beam) headlamp setup with H7 halogen bulbs. How do you find the OE light setup in terms of spread, reach & intensity, specially in the highways?

Also, as there are separate bulbs for hi beam and low beam, do the low beams also come on when the hi beams are engaged?
if you haven't found it out already..

I recently did good 1000+kms after dusk on NH & SH in RJ, UK & HP and I've no complains about the spread and intensity of head lights. Fog lights in addition to low beam provides for a very clear view from even inches ahead which I found very useful through village & city roads.

On 2nd question, low beams don't come on when high beam is engaged.

Quote:
Hi friends, I have booked pearl white BRV CVT...

Steering cover

.. I am also inclined towards extended warranty for 4th and 5th year.
Congratulations!

Is the steering cover from Honda? I was informed there's nothing for BRV from Honda when I purchased BRV earlier this year. Now, if you do put the steel pipe bumper protector that's going to interfere with the reverse camera, wouldn't it? This besides it spoiling the looks, was the reason I didn't go for the pipe but instead opted for front and rear bumper protectors.

Last edited by wangdu : 17th July 2017 at 10:54. Reason: multi quote & typo
Old 18th July 2017, 17:55   #803
BHPian

Had test driven the BR-V and found it to be a very utilitarian family vehicle - comfy seats, good luggage space - however, when compared with the WR-V, I found the interiors to be a grade lower.

Since I was not used to driving a CVT- I found the engine noisy when revving - but it was very easy to drive and didn't feel like a 7 seater at all.

At the time (about a month ago), I was thinking it would make a great family vehicle if it were cheaper by about 1.5L.

Lo & Behold - Honda has exciting offers in July

It is also interesting to note that the BR-V has been very successful in Malaysia, over 11,000 bookings !!

https://paultan.org/2017/07/06/honda...annual-target/
Attached Thumbnails
Honda BR-V : Official Review-brv.jpg  

Redline6800 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 20:09   #804
BHPian

Update: cancelled BRV CVT and booked Hexa XTA.
Found hexa xta to be fully loaded and with auto box, it is equally easy to drive. Also more comfortable for my family of 7.
Abhishek_Garg is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 21:02   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Update: cancelled BRV CVT and booked Hexa XTA.
Found hexa xta to be fully loaded and with auto box, it is equally easy to drive. Also more comfortable for my family of 7.
Congratulations! Looking forward to your ownership review. The BRV is a good car but the XTA is much, much more spacious and premium. Looking forward to the ownership review.
Also, on the Hexa thread, could you outline your comparison of the driving feel in the BRV compared to the Hexa? Thanks.
Old 19th July 2017, 18:38   #806

Dear TeamBHPians,
I want to have reverse camera to my BRV.

Please suggest the right location?
a) On back bumper?
b) Number plate camera?
c) Like Creta, reverse light camera?

Type of camera?
a) with night vision
b) without night vision

Which is the right Brand and place in Bangalore to buy and have it fitted. And anyother tips

Thanks in advance.
vandanegalu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 19:51   #807
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandanegalu View Post
I want to have reverse camera to my BRV.
Please suggest the right location?
I have both parking sensors and reverse camera on the bumper

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160628_164228_p.jpg

Quote:
Type of camera?
a) with night vision
b) without night vision
Night vision? That's an overkill. When you put the gear in reverse, remember that the reversing light switches on. So even when there is no ambient light, the screen shows what's behind you thanks to illumination from the reversing light.

Last edited by SmartCat : 19th July 2017 at 19:55.
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 21:25   #808
BHPian

Try the reverse camera with LEDs and for display, use the LCD display 3.7inches. You can get them at about 2-2.5K from Amazon and get it fitted outside from any auto accessory shop. Do try local markets as well, as they may offer similar rates.
Do not go for display on inside rear view mirror - it vibrates while driving and the picture is not clear as well.
Old 19th July 2017, 21:57   #809

Mod note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I have both parking sensors and reverse camera on the bumper

Attachment 1658604

Night vision? That's an overkill. When you put the gear in reverse, remember that the reversing light switches on. So even when there is no ambient light, the screen shows what's behind you thanks to illumination from the reversing light.
Thanks for such a quick response. Will have the camera and sensor fitted as suggested. But is there any particular brand?

Quote:
Try the reverse camera with LEDs and for display, use the LCD display 3.7inches. You can get them at about 2-2.5K from Amazon and get it fitted outside from any auto accessory shop. Do try local markets as well, as they may offer similar rates.
Do not go for display on inside rear view mirror - it vibrates while driving and the picture is not clear as well.
Abhishek thanks, but there are many on amazon, if you know a particular one which is good please share it. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th July 2017 at 22:31. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote +] instead. Thanks.
Old 20th July 2017, 05:54   #810
BHPian

Volga Parking Assistance 4.3 Inch TFT LCD Monitor With 8 LED Night Vision Car Reverse Camera Combo For Mahindra Xuv 500 New https://www.amazon.in/dp/B06XRNGYB2/..._gORbzCx6IrQNu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks