Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2017, 09:54   #811
BHPian

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

I have a few questions:
1. Are you able to fold the center row seats in one go? Only recently I had to get into 3rd row and the 2nd row seats didn't fold in first few attempts? My son had to do it for me and that too in his 3rd attempt, saying it had been like this since day 1. Any peculiar way to push down the lever I wonder?
2. has any one replaced the stock antenna with shark-fin kind? Any specific ones you recommend that is of equally good quality?
3. What's your experience when opening the rear doors? I find it pretty rough and requires additional effort. It's so glaring that someone who hasn't experienced it before thinks the doors are still locked? Experience with other cars were as expected, smooth. My last visit to dealer yielded 'as designed' response with them showing me similar (if not equally rough) behavior on Amaze/Brio.

appreciate if you could advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandanegalu View Post
Please suggest the right location?

Type of camera?
I have fitted the camera (part of Alpine AVN) at dealer only (for warranty, ease of repairs & peace of mind) under the chrome strip near the buttons to open the boot. At that location, with cam being almost in the center (vertically/horizontally) I can see the objects above & below the rear bumper very clearly. You might want to try different locations before finalizing. Also, my opinion about display on IRVM is different than Abhishek's. The display is completely stable and clear at any speed or kind of road. Actually, I get display on IRVM and also on AVN screen, with narrower view on IRVM and broader on AVN screen.

the light from reversing bulbs is very sufficient even on roads without lights. So you won't need night vision.

Last edited by wangdu : 20th July 2017 at 10:05. Reason: more information added.
wangdu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 09:43   #812
BHPian

Finally closed on the Honda BRV CVT last week. As neither of the local Honda dealerships had one in stock, I had to make a booking and get one moved from the factory. A car was allotted and it moved yesterday. Expected to reach here by 28th of this month.

Got the VIN no from the dealership and decoding it shows that the car was manufactured in March 2017.

I tried pushing the dealership for a newer production, but they said vehicle allotment is done by Honda and 3-4month old vehicle is mostly the norm and nothing to worry about. Is it ok getting a four month old car?

Last edited by vikash49 : 21st July 2017 at 09:45.
vikash49 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2017, 11:03   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
.. Is it ok getting a four month old car?
congrats! while I want to drive away the car right from the factory gate the day it's built, a 3-4 months lead time (from mfg date) till delivery is really fine due to allotment queue & time involved in logistics. I'm guessing the car to have ~50kms on the odo when it reaches stockyard, that should be checked along with rest of PDI list. Cheers!
Old 31st July 2017, 15:03   #814
BHPian

Seriously inclined on buying a Pearl White CVT Petrol BR-V. I had a question regarding the Alpine HU AVN. When you get it fitted from the dealership how is the fit and finish of the installation. Does it hinder the factory fit precision or is it good ?
Old 31st July 2017, 17:47   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
Seriously inclined on buying a Pearl White CVT Petrol BR-V. I had a question regarding the Alpine HU AVN. When you get it fitted from the dealership how is the fit and finish of the installation. Does it hinder the factory fit precision or is it good ?
If this is the unit your're talking about, then you can rest assured as its going to be very clean install with factory finish as the unit is a direct fit. However, at 50k, i found it to be absurdly overpriced, specially considering the fact that it doesnt even come with Android Auto or Apple Car play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
On 2nd question, low beams don't come on when high beam is engaged.
On my CVT Pertol, even the low beams stay ON when we switch to high beam mode. So, I guess, it should be the same on your vehicle too.. do check this once again!
Old 31st July 2017, 21:10   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
However, at 50k, i found it to be absurdly overpriced, specially considering the fact that it doesnt even come with Android Auto or Apple Car play.
50!!! Better to get a very good Pioneer media-nav HU with wonderful sound quality. Should be around 30k odd I guess.

So this Alpine one at dealership charges about 20k for the faceplate!
Old 31st July 2017, 22:25   #817
BHPian

Good to see more people buying the BRV. I always thought it is a decent package ( 3 row seating, great fuel efficiency compared to competition and decent boot space with 3 rows up). With the discounts and all, could some one update on the latest pricing and how much difference is there between a comparable model of the HEXA?
Old 1st August 2017, 08:46   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunster View Post
It's just like factory fitment, good. I had doubts too but after it was installed in my BRV it was just as I had hoped for. The pricing may be a bit steep but at the end the fitting is perfect. Moreover there's the dealer/sales person to reach out to in case of any issues and they will liaise with Alpine to fix any issues like in my case. I haggled to get discounts on other accessories (reverse cam/etc) impressing on the point of alpine's cost. cheers!
Old 18th August 2017, 14:18   #819
BHPian

So guys just completed second service of my BR-V Petrol Manual (V). Have completed 7,000 in about 8 months. The only cost was wheel alignment and balancing.
Rs. 680 - alignment
Rs. 150 - balancing per tyre
No oil changed required, will be done at 10K.

Also recently completed two trips to Pune.
First trip was Thane - Talegaon - Chakan - Ranjangaon - Pune - Thane. Mileage was 15.6 with 100% AC on.
Second trip was Thane - Pune - Thane, mileage 15.8.
I am pretty happy with the mileage. And it has improved after the second service by about 2 KMPL.

The car drives really well. Very spacious and comfortable, after folding the second row seat and putting a thin bed on the floor, kids can literally sleep inside the car.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 14:42   #820
BANNED

Hi everyone, My BRV CVT Silver has clocked around 14k, Have been a satisfied customer till now, however monthly sales numbers do bother me. Dont know why people dont like this car.

Already got 10k service done, you will be amazed to know total bill which include Oil Change, filter and sensor cleaning costed me 1800

This is cheapest service I have ever seen.

Did a recent trip around 414kms (Delhi - Sariska - Delhi) with full AC On. Got FE of 17kmpl (With full luggage and 2 adults + 1 Infant). What else you need. In one of my trip from Agra - Delhi got 19.41.
W@nnaR@ce is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 16:05   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
No oil changed required, will be done at 10K
Seems quite odd that they wouldn't change the oil. When was it changed last? As per Honda, oil needs to be changed every 6 months / 10k km. Please keep a note of that otherwise warranty could become an issue. Also, are you expected to go back when you complete 10k? Or 6 months?
Old 22nd August 2017, 14:39   #822
BHPian

Hi friends,

Update:

Recently went "hunting" in BRV to the hills near Rishikesh,UK with 2 adults, 2 kids and a pet dog on board. Total distance to and fro was 650kms.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170813_141258.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170812_084013.jpg
With 100% AC, the FE was 12.5kmpl, nothing much to boast of but with rest of the package i.e. spacious cabin, fold-able seats, refined iVtec+CVT, the pleasure far out-weighed the FE related annoyance. BUT ‘kitna deti hai’ is a paramount Q in our setup and I must have a respectable answer, which I don’t even after driving like a paranoid watching the eco lamp. As if the FE figures others have been reporting weren’t enough to bother me, ‘w@nna r@ce’ has now further far far up the ante. This hurts, soon out of desperation I might do weird experiments like removing the spare or 3rd row seats or try diesel in iVtec to see some respectable FE figures.

Okay, back to the trip. The resort is pet friendly 'Bulls retreat' approximately 10kms uphill from Rishikesh.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170812_124028.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170812_124213.jpg

A serene & quiet place to unwind and enjoy the thrills that hill resorts present such as trail walking, hill climbing & just sit beside the magnificent Ganges esp. during monsoon when the might of the river is for all to see. Even the dog had company at the resort and he enjoyed his stay to the hilt away from the mundane city life.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170813_164912.jpg
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170813_170847.jpg
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170813_171040.jpg
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170813_171048.jpg

Besides the pleasant surprise (a main highlight) was discovering a beach a few kms further up the resort. Yes, a beach. There's a wide valley that opens before Rishikesh and due to the speed of the river it doesn’t spread and the wide valley provides for sand on the shoulders.

BRV's high GC again proved to be a very useful feature especially on such outings. BRV drove over broken roads, stones & tree branches fallen from hills, and even followed state transport buses where there were no roads. Something I would really not try if driving a usual car. Then the paddle shifters, very useful on highways or inclines to accelerate quickly without losing out on RPMs or precious seconds.

Here are a few pics of evening puja, a ritual which is one big reason Rishikesh is known for. In the first, I had noticed that the lady is a devout of only this priest. And second is the famous evening puja done my many priests.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170812_192317.jpg
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170812_192353.jpg

Update 2: Back from the trip it was time for the 2nd service at 5K/6months with odo at 5900. In the 2nd service, there were only 2 checks to be done, namely the air filter cleaning and general checkup. More than the actual mechanical work washing et al consumed more time totaling to 2+ hours.

Serviced, BRV is all set and awaits the next hunt Cheers!

Last edited by wangdu : 22nd August 2017 at 14:46.
wangdu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th August 2017, 17:54   #823
BANNED

^^
Very nice write-up Wangdu - Kumaon has always had a very special place in our travels with our pets too!
Old 28th August 2017, 14:02   #824
BANNED

Driving in hills would not give you higher FE. The best way to get it not be light with you foot on accelerator. Drive smoothly with avoiding instant pick-ups and braking.

I have managed to get 21.11, 250 kms ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangdu View Post
Hi friends,

Update:

Recently went "hunting" in BRV to the hills near Rishikesh,UK with 2 adults, 2 kids and a pet dog on board. Total distance to and fro was 650kms.
Attachment 1668849

Attachment 1668854
With 100% AC, the FE was 12.5kmpl, nothing much to boast of but with rest of the package i.e. spacious cabin, fold-able seats, refined iVtec+CVT, the pleasure far out-weighed the FE related annoyance. BUT ‘kitna deti hai’ is a paramount Q in our setup and I must have a respectable answer, which I don’t even after driving like a paranoid watching the eco lamp. As if the FE figures others have been reporting weren’t enough to bother me, ‘w@nna r@ce’ has now further far far up the ante. This hurts, soon out of desperation I might do weird experiments like removing the spare or 3rd row seats or try diesel in iVtec to see some respectable FE figures.

Okay, back to the trip. The resort is pet friendly 'Bulls retreat' approximately 10kms uphill from Rishikesh.
Attachment 1668845

Attachment 1668846

A serene & quiet place to unwind and enjoy the thrills that hill resorts present such as trail walking, hill climbing & just sit beside the magnificent Ganges esp. during monsoon when the might of the river is for all to see. Even the dog had company at the resort and he enjoyed his stay to the hilt away from the mundane city life.
Attachment 1668850
Attachment 1668851
Attachment 1668852
Attachment 1668853

Besides the pleasant surprise (a main highlight) was discovering a beach a few kms further up the resort. Yes, a beach. There's a wide valley that opens before Rishikesh and due to the speed of the river it doesn’t spread and the wide valley provides for sand on the shoulders.

BRV's high GC again proved to be a very useful feature especially on such outings. BRV drove over broken roads, stones & tree branches fallen from hills, and even followed state transport buses where there were no roads. Something I would really not try if driving a usual car. Then the paddle shifters, very useful on highways or inclines to accelerate quickly without losing out on RPMs or precious seconds.

Here are a few pics of evening puja, a ritual which is one big reason Rishikesh is known for. In the first, I had noticed that the lady is a devout of only this priest. And second is the famous evening puja done my many priests.
Attachment 1668847
Attachment 1668848

Update 2: Back from the trip it was time for the 2nd service at 5K/6months with odo at 5900. In the 2nd service, there were only 2 checks to be done, namely the air filter cleaning and general checkup. More than the actual mechanical work washing et al consumed more time totaling to 2+ hours.

Serviced, BRV is all set and awaits the next hunt Cheers!
Old 30th August 2017, 12:08   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
Driving in hills would not give you higher FE. The best way to get it not be light with you foot on accelerator. Drive smoothly with avoiding instant pick-ups and braking.

I have managed to get 21.11, 250 kms ride
well, this 600+km trip didn't have much uphill, max 30 km.

But in any such trip there are down hills too which should help if going up hill consumes more fuel. Anyway it's not just this trip, it's been the saga since day 1 on plains/hills where ever.

21.11 wow! Is it so great after certain km on odo or has it been good FE from day 1? The best-est I've seen on my BRV was 15 for a short while once when on YEW.

cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks