Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 10:02   #1051
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
I am in the market looking for a car with the best rear seat confort . I am buying this for my wife whose daily commute is in the range of 70-80 km for work . We have a driver so rear seat confort and comfortable /stable ride quality is must. Just wanted to check the opinion on this forum is you would suggest BRV for my requirement and if yes then which model ?
Do you mean WRV? BRV is suitable only for large families - not driver plus one. Rear seat comfort is just about OK.

For rear seat comfort, go for compact SUVs. Test drive Creta, Nexon and Brezza
Old 29th May 2019, 10:04   #1052
BHPian

Thanks for correcting me . I meant WRV .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Do you mean WRV? BRV is suitable only for large families - not driver plus one. Rear seat comfort is just about OK.

For rear seat comfort, go for compact SUVs. Test drive Creta, Nexon and Brezza
Old 6th June 2019, 18:24   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends ,

I am in the market looking for a car with the best rear seat confort . I am buying this for my wife whose daily commute is in the range of 70-80 km for work . We have a driver so rear seat confort and comfortable /stable ride quality is must.

Regards
In the Honda family, my recommendation would be:

1. Honda City
2. Honda Amaze (my pick as you have a driver and performance does not matter)
3. Honda WR-V

The BR-V is quite expensive for what it offers and if you do not need the 3rd row, then you are better off, with the cars above.
Redline6800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 20:42   #1054
Senior - BHPian

The rear seat comfort of Creta and Brezza is a joke in front of WR-V, experience to feel the seat comfort in Nexon and WR-V.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 18:13   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
In the Honda family, my recommendation would be:

1. Honda City
2. Honda Amaze (my pick as you have a driver and performance does not matter)
3. Honda WR-V

The BR-V is quite expensive for what it offers and if you do not need the 3rd row, then you are better off, with the cars above.
I disagree (unless your recommendation is specific to this use case and not in general). WR-V has a 1.2L petrol engine that feels powerless at times. WR-V doesn't have a CVT too. I would pick the BR-V over it any day.

Last edited by sdaityari : 12th June 2019 at 18:14.
Old 13th June 2019, 15:11   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends ,

I am in the market looking for a car with the best rear seat confort . I am buying this for my wife whose daily commute is in the range of 70-80 km for work . We have a driver so rear seat confort and comfortable /stable ride quality is must .

Yesterday we went to check out Hyundai Venue and found rear seat cramped . We also looked at Verna and i20 .

Regards
Since you aren't limiting yourself to Honda, have a look at the Toyota Yaris. It is a little short on space, but Toyota reliability + comfortable ride quality should be a win-win.

Another option is the Ciaz if legspace matters.

Personally - I wasn't very impressed with the seat support offered by the BRV.
Old 13th June 2019, 16:21   #1057
BHPian

Thanks for your reply ...

Finally I chose Ciaz ....

Here is why ...

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4568760 (The 'Garage dilemma' thread : Buy / sell / keep / shuffle my cars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Since you aren't limiting yourself to Honda, have a look at the Toyota Yaris. It is a little short on space, but Toyota reliability + comfortable ride quality should be a win-win.

Another option is the Ciaz if legspace matters.

Personally - I wasn't very impressed with the seat support offered by the BRV.
Old 17th June 2019, 14:45   #1058
BHPian

Just curious - Is it only the price, which is against BRV or other factors for the poor sales. After the removal of Magic seats from Jazz, BRV is the only Honda vehicle in India, with their unique and practical seating system. Even after the constant discount of 1 lakh plus, the numbers are hardly crossing 300 in a month.
Old 17th June 2019, 15:41   #1059
BHPian

I was looking for an used civic and got frustrated talking to third party dealers over the past weekend. Very badly maintained cars, 10 year old cars that have run 40k kms, worn out tyres, lack of insurance and what not.
Ended up dropping plans of civic (for now, may be). Did a test drive of the honda br-v couple of weeks back and I really liked the way it handled. Reconsidered the same and spoke to the dealer today. Here is what is on the table,

Ex Showroom : 1295900
TCS at 1% : 12959
HCI : 32672
Third Party : 10409 (2nd & 3rd year combined - Dealer says its a govt mandate)
LTT + Regn : 197185
Floor Mats :3499 (along with some other minor accessories he mentioned, i forgot)
Fastag : 600

Optional:

5 Year Warranty : 13420
Road Side Assistance : 6314 (5 years)
Bumper to Bumper : 10895
Return to Invoice : 2470

Offers on Plate:

1) HCI - Honda Comprehensive Insurance Waiver
2) Accessories worth - 36000

Variant : BRV V-CVT
Price after Offers : 1483952

Sales executive is not ready to disclose further discounts on phone. Says we can work out something, when I decide to book. I would appreciate any opinion on these numbers and what could I push for. Thank you.

Last edited by SmartCat : 17th June 2019 at 17:09. Reason: Merged back to back post
Old 17th June 2019, 17:27   #1060
Team-BHP Support

My BR-V has completed 3 years and 36,000 kms. Nothing significant to report

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190522_062544.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190523_180144.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190524_195715.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190530_190741.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190605_181415.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20190605_182530.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Just curious - Is it only the price, which is against BRV or other factors for the poor sales. Even after the constant discount of 1 lakh plus, the numbers are hardly crossing 300 in a month.
The new Ertiga is still cheaper! The MPV segment has been cornered by the duopoly of Ertiga and Innova. Marazzo sales is trending downwards too.

Quote:
After the removal of Magic seats from Jazz, BRV is the only Honda vehicle in India, with their unique and practical seating system.
One negative of BRV's version of 'magic seats' is that you don't get a flat floor cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
I was looking for an used civic and got frustrated talking to third party dealers over the past weekend. Very badly maintained cars, 10 year old cars that have run 40k kms, worn out tyres, lack of insurance and what not. Ended up dropping plans of civic (for now, may be). Did a test drive of the honda br-v couple of weeks back and I really liked the way it handled.
As somebody who has pushed both Civic (6 yrs) and BRV (3 yrs) to its limits, there are only 2 drawbacks of the latter when compared to the former:

- BRV understeers much earlier than the Civic (on winding roads)
- Electric steering of BRV lacks the feel/weight of hydraulic steering of Civic.

However, BRV is still enjoyable to drive in city limits, highways and ghat roads primarily because of quick steering, zesty engine and sharp brakes.

Last edited by SmartCat : 17th June 2019 at 17:28.
SmartCat is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:59   #1061
Senior - BHPian

I test rode the BRV CVT with great anticipation, but it left me wanting for far more. The seating is far lower, almost on the same level of my Beat. This was really surprising. Honda simply raised the car floor, but then kept the seat at ridiculously low level. You never get the feeling of seating in a tall car at all.

The suspension is alright -if not a little bouncy, the 1.5L CVT engine didn’t excite or soothe me the way Amaze diesel CVT did. The interior quality felt strictly ok, rather mediocre at places. I played some songs on bluetooth, and felt that they sounded better on mobile speakers! There could have been some problem in the speakers, because it is very hard to believe that such pathetic speakers will be sold on a Honda car. Road noise was filtering in the cabin a little too much. Sane driving in sparse traffic gave me average of 10kmpl (over 20kms).

Overall, I did not find the BRV to be an aspirational vehicle at all. As someone said, it is seating 4 adults + 2 children, and other 5 seater cars are 2 adults 1 child. So just for accommodating an extra child, carrying the bulk of 4.5m with 10kmpl and undesirable interior quality may mot be worth it for people like me. Honda asking 1.5 million for this van is really brave and arrogant.

I feel Amaze diesel CVT is the best engine I drove in recent times in terms of drivability. See any review on youtube, each and every reviewer is im awe and smiling ear to ear after driving it, and so was I. It is Honda’s insecurity that they have kept it confined it to Amaze only. WRV with that 1.5L diesel CVT is a perfect combination that Honda will never launch, in order to protect its other non selling products.

Last edited by ani_meher : 23rd June 2019 at 14:03.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 01:19   #1062
BHPian

I am using this SUVan for more than 2 years.

We are a family of 6 adults and 2 children. We have used the car for few long trips and multiple nearby dinners, marriages, functions etc.

With last row up the car has provided us larger boot space in the segment which we have used on several occasions.

Also your logic of 4+2children should actually be 2+(2+1child)+3child= 4adults+4child
This is why i guess Honda is asking 1.5 Millions, for larger families, friends for a joy ride together.
bhpindian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 13:53   #1063
BHPian

Hello BRV Owners - can someone please tell me how do you open the boot of the BRV. The reason I ask is, I did not see a 'Open Boot' button on the key fob. So, does this mean everytime, I have to open the Driver side door to unlock Boot? If yes, that would be a very un-comfortable option? Imagine, shopping for groceries, with both hands full with heavy bags and needing to open the main/driver door, then unlocking the Boot door?
Old 28th June 2019, 15:47   #1064
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaGo View Post
Hello BRV Owners - can someone please tell me how do you open the boot of the BRV.
Just press this "top secret" button (in between the number plate lights)

Honda BR-V : Official Review-hondabrv22.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 16:00   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
The seating is far lower, almost on the same level of my Beat. This was really surprising. Honda simply raised the car floor, but then kept the seat at ridiculously low level. You never get the feeling of seating in a tall car at all.

Did you try the seat raising lever? The seat positioning can hardly be called low slung, but yes unlike how I have to tiptoe and ingress in a Pajero/Fortuner, in the BRV, the same doesn't happen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks