Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhu (Post 4388235)
My set up is quite old - bought in 2005 along with my Innova. Costed me about 30k for the full kit.

It has weathered time beautifully and it is (largely) independent of the vehicle. So, worth it imo.

I just checked Thule India site and had the shock of my life!

The equivalent of my box is 55k! I think it is too expensive but if you use it a lot, it might be still worth it.

I spoke to Thule India about bike carriers and they came up with a good tow bar mount option.

But Ravindu Toyota says they can't fix a tow bar

Any options or advice?

Mail from Thule

We have tow bar carriers in stock. Your Toyota dealer will help you to install a tow bar to your Crysta. Please click on the below link to know more about the carrier.

https://www.carpowergrid.com/thule-h...-bike-carrier/

This is what I have. Unfortunately aim not able to use it on my Innova.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_0766.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSK22 (Post 4388294)
Regarding Bike Carrier-I have a Thule product. 3 bike carrier. Cost me around 8 k. Very nice quality and easily set up. I have driven in the hills with 2 cycles strapped to my Swift. And the carrier didn't disappoint. You may check that out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSK22 (Post 4388361)
This is what I have. Unfortunately aim not able to use it on my Innova.
Attachment 1753230

The problem with that carrier is that the Crysta has a fibre 'spoiler' on top of the hatch. It cannot take the load of the straps (see JSK22's photo).

That is why I like the tow bar model

Quote:

Originally Posted by essrags (Post 4388346)
1. Rear bike protector

i am on the second pair, and would suggest you to go for them. they break easy , but protects the car when it matters.
Quote:

2. Side visor

Had issues of whistling at high speed with my last car, so didn't get them. I would suggest you to confirm with someone who has been using them before going ahead.

Quote:

3. Sun film - going for a very light one

i would strongly suggest CR70, using it since last 1+ year on my Crysta and it makes a noticeable difference. Don't forget to get the front Windshield covered as well.

Quote:

4. 360° camera parking assist (given wife will also be driving)

The shop i got my Crysta ICE'd from (Motor Concept) had this panoramic front camera which can fitted inside the Toyota logo under the bonnet. and is connected directly to the OEM HU. I didn't get it, but might be useful for you.

Quote:

5. 3M door handle insert

i got 3M PPF inserts for door handles, and then got bored of them and got this product from aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/for-...311.0.0.3QbOpM
(The Black ones, not a chrome fan)

Moreover, i would suggest you to get:

1. Cosmetic Roof Rail. It compliments the car nicely.
2. App Based LegRoom Lamps.
3. Don't buy the lousy and expensive OEM Floor mats, and get some awesome 7D mats directly. i Have ones by Topgear. 1.5 years and no complaints. my OEM Mats are lying waste at home since then.

Thanks Lego28!

1. For the bike protector, I am planning to take the TGA one advised by Nandi Toyota. Costs 10k

2. Side visor - I checked with my colleague who uses it and does not seem to have an issue. I have also read a lot of comments in this forum on that. So planning to take a chance.

3. Sunfilm - the estimate from dealer says OPM 90. Not sure what brand - I am checking with the dealer. Also it costs 24k for full car including windshield.

4. 360° camera- yes this is similar. They have one on the grill and 1 each on either side mirror to guide the sides. Costs 19k.

5. I am planning for the legroom lamp as well!

6. I am assuming the standard mats come free. Will check with Nandi - if not I will look for the ones you mentioned.

All above I was planning to get done at the dealer itself.

5. Door handle insert- did you import them?

6. I had roof rails in mind, but thinking of aftermarket. Is it a good idea or should I get done with dealer?

Thanks once again for your inputs.

I also found out that the sunfilm brand is Ultrakool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by essrags (Post 4388827)
1. For the bike protector, I am planning to take the TGA one advised by Nandi Toyota. Costs 10k

My 1st pair was TGA, 2nd one is Outside fitted. Exact Same quality, costed me some 3.5K. Working well so far(been 2 months). I will post pics if you need.
Quote:

3. Sunfilm - the estimate from dealer says OPM 90. Not sure what brand - I am checking with the dealer. Also it costs 24k for full car including windshield.

3M had a CR90 in stock as well. but the heat rejection in CR70 is marvelous, double of what CR90 was capable of. But yeah 90 is always the safer choice when it comes to Practicality. Give 3M Car Care a try once, but will cost more than 10K+ of what you were quoted. You can compare the Heat Rejection Rate before going forward.
Quote:

4. 360° camera- yes this is similar. They have one on the grill and 1 each on either side mirror to guide the sides. Costs 19k.

Great, do post the pics once you're done with it. i might go for the same.
Quote:

6. I am assuming the standard mats come free. Will check with Nandi - if not I will look for the ones you mentioned.

they were paid, as an accessory when i purchased my car, and were expensive. The one i am talking about looks classy, I will post pics if you need.
Quote:

5. Door handle insert- did you import them?

Yes, Aliexpress. Via the link i attached in my previous post.It was a simple DIY. I will post pics if you need.
Quote:

6. I had roof rails in mind, but thinking of aftermarket. Is it a good idea or should I get done with dealer?

I will suggest dealer. Feels sturdy and snugs nicely. i don't know how the 3rd party quality will be, Since it sticks on a 3M tape.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lego28 (Post 4390119)
My 1st pair was TGA, 2nd one is Outside fitted. Exact Same quality, costed me some 3.5K. Working well so far(been 2 months). I will post pics if you need.

Since it is company lease, I have already included it in the proforma for processing with dealer.

Quote:

3M had a CR90 in stock as well. but the heat rejection in CR70 is marvelous, double of what CR90 was capable of. But yeah 90 is always the safer choice when it comes to Practicality. Give 3M Car Care a try once, but will cost more than 10K+ of what you were quoted. You can compare the Heat Rejection Rate before going forward.

Nandi only has Vkool or Ultrakool. Again for same reason as above i have asked them to include in the proforma.

Quote:

Great, do post the pics once you're done with it. i might go for the same.

Sure will do that!

Quote:

they were paid, as an accessory when i purchased my car, and were expensive. The one i am talking about looks classy, I will post pics if you need.

Please do. Once vehicle is delivered, i will see if i want to replace the mats.

Quote:

Yes, Aliexpress. Via the link i attached in my previous post.It was a simple DIY. I will post pics if you need.

Ok thanks, that will help.

Quote:

I will suggest dealer. Feels sturdy and snugs nicely. i don't know how the 3rd party quality will be, Since it sticks on a 3M tape.

Ok, already included in the proforma.:)

Thanks so much for your help!

So the inevitable has happened! Front LHS Tyre developed a bubble.

Planning to replace the front pair with 225/55 R17.

Any quick reviews will be of great help.

My major concern is that what if the tyres rub against the wheel wells during full compression.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya (Post 4390537)
My major concern is that what if the tyres rub against the wheel wells during full compression.

Sad to know about tyre issue on your crysta. 215/55 R17 has 11.825mm sidewall height whereas 225/55 R17 will have 12.375mm sidewall height. The difference between both is just 5.5mm and speedometer error is within limit of 2%(1.62% approx). IMHO there shouldn’t be any issue regarding tyre scrapping. Infact 225/55 will provide you marginally better ride comfort and will be less prone to damage on those notorious 17” alloys on Innova crysta. I’ll recommend you to swap all 4 tyres with 225/55 R17.

On a side note, I think I was one of those few lucky Innova crysta owners who bought ZX variants with 16” alloys :). I have driven both, the 16”(mine) as well as the 17” (demo vehicle) back to back. The difference between ride quality is drastic. Where 17” crysta gets get unsettled on broken surface, 16” just flattenes the same surface. I didn’t get toyota’s logic behind switching back to 17” alloys even after repeated negative customer feedbacks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya (Post 4390537)
So the inevitable has happened! Front LHS Tyre developed a bubble.

Planning to replace the front pair with 225/55 R17.

Any quick reviews will be of great help.

225/55 R17 Michelin Primacy 3ST.
Using them since last 1+year and 21K kms.
No They don't rub against the wheel wells. i keep the Cold tyre pressure around 30~32 PSi and no complains. Been to long highway drives with 7 on board and no issues at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lego28 (Post 4390644)
225/55 R17 Michelin Primacy 3ST.
Using them since last 1+year and 21K kms.
No They don't rub against the wheel wells. i keep the Cold tyre pressure around 30~32 PSi and no complains. Been to long highway drives with 7 on board and no issues at all.

Thank you Lego28! May I ask how is the ride quality and grip levels post upgrade? I am too finalising the Michelin Primacy 3ST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by essrags (Post 4390225)
Since it is company lease, I have already included it in the proforma for processing with dealer.

Hi - are you going for a 8 seater or 7 seater? I have read somewhere in the team-bhp that 8 seater cannot be registered as private vehicle when the registration is done on company name? Is this the case still?

Also there is no boot opening lever with driver and there is no key required also for boot opening. There is a button in the boot door which opens the boot. Is this not a problem since there is no key lock the boot.

5000KMs service interval though nothing is getting replaced, is it mandatory to ensure 3 year warranty does not become void ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blorebuddy (Post 4390888)
Hi - are you going for a 8 seater or 7 seater? I have read somewhere in the team-bhp that 8 seater cannot be registered as private vehicle when the registration is done on company name? Is this the case still?

Also there is no boot opening lever with driver and there is no key required also for boot opening. There is a button in the boot door which opens the boot. Is this not a problem since there is no key lock the boot.

5000KMs service interval though nothing is getting replaced, is it mandatory to ensure 3 year warranty does not become void ?

8 seater limitation holds good even now(atleast the lease plan in my org doesnot let me buy 8 seater). The boot gets locked using central locking. You do miss the additional options to open at times though. If you have good contacts/relationship with dealer, you can skip 5K service without compromising warranty. However to play safe, it would be better to take the car for 5K service

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 4391107)
8 seater limitation holds good even now(atleast the lease plan in my org doesnot let me buy 8 seater).

I am told it is more of an RTO thing that you cannot have an 8 seater registered in a company's name.

@PrideRed, @essrags Thanks for your prompt response. I loved the suspension and comfort even at the last row!. This is RTO thing is crazy :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya (Post 4390729)
Thank you Lego28! May I ask how is the ride quality and grip levels post upgrade? I am too finalising the Michelin Primacy 3ST.

the Ride quality and grip has increased considerably.
It rides a lot more planted and confident at higher speeds.
i keep the Tyre pressure at 31~32 Psi compared to 35+ i had to maintain in turanzas because of weaker sidewall, which gives a comfortable ride at lower speeds.
Adding links to the reference posts.
post#1244
Post#1263