Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2018, 17:55   #1591
BHPian

Re: Is it possible to upgrade Innova Crysta GX Driver’s Seat to ZX / VX Seat Configuration ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srekar View Post
I have a Crysta GX that has fixed height Driver’s Seat in it and I want to know the possibility to replace it with a ZX Powered Seat or VX Manual Height Adjusted seat If I can source one.
Is it safe to assume all variants (GX/VX/ZX) have same physical dimensions for seats and fit each other without any issue?
Does Powered Driver’s Seat in ZX variant have any link to ECU or is it a simple standalone circuit/motor that just needs 12v supply to operate if used in GX?
I got the channel+Frame of Front passenger seat replaced a while ago, the variant is ZX AT. It was Rattling and got replaced under warranty.
the channel +frame is a different unit, and the seat cushion is bolted on that frame. I got the swapping done in front of me(Because i have an extensive audio setup under that seat) and it was an easy swap.
I am 99% sure that if you wanna go with VX Seats, you only need to replace that frame+Channel and the old Seat assembly will work with them. But, do confirm it with TASS guys once.

moreover, ZX mechanical seat borrows a direct power Supply from the battery AFAIK as it works even when the car is off.
My pilot seat's channel and frame has already started rusting and creaks whenever i shift it's position, so i ll suggest you to go with VX Manual seat as you wont be getting warranty for that part if it goes bad.

Last edited by Lego28 : 10th July 2018 at 17:57. Reason: spelling correction
Lego28 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 08:46   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I didn't have any demo video of the newly added cc in action. So took one yesterday, will try to take a better one later.

Don't mind the scangauge, its not relevant here its mounted there permanently.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 08:58   #1593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I didn't have any demo video of the newly added cc in action. So took one yesterday, will try to take a better one later.
Sankar

Like me, were you also looking for a 8 seater auto in the Crysta? You seem to be doing everything to make your gx at least a vx, if possible a zx!

Good mods but not sure about the price performance.
. Please stay safe doing these videos.

I still can't see why TKM won't offer a vx auto or an 8 seater zx!

And if they do offer one now, they should offer an upgrade option for early buyers.

I will take the option for one.

Last edited by sridhu : 11th July 2018 at 09:03.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 09:25   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Sankar

Like me, were you also looking for a 8 seater auto in the Crysta? You seem to be doing everything to make your gx at least a vx, if possible a zx!

Good mods but not sure about the price performance.
. Please stay safe doing these videos.

I still can't see why TKM won't offer a vx auto or an 8 seater zx!

And if they do offer, they should offer an upgrade option for early buyers.

I will take the option for one.
Yes Sridhu, I needed a bench seat in the middle and an automatic. These two features could not be compromised upon and this left me with GX auto as the only choice. If they sold a VX auto then that would have been my choice. TKM has learned from this error and did the right thing with Yaris where all variants get an auto and manual options. When it is time for facelift they will most probably launch a VX auto model.

I won't be making another selfie video, this one just because road was clear for a KM atleast. You wouldn't believe it, this mod cost me the same as one and a half tankful of Diesel This is a useful feature and the one I regretted on having to let go when I finalised the GX auto.
Old 11th July 2018, 10:38   #1595
Senior - BHPian

Just read somewhere that there is a Crysta recall for wiring harness and fuel hose. Anyone here has gone through it?
Old 11th July 2018, 15:29   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Just read somewhere that there is a Crysta recall for wiring harness and fuel hose. Anyone here has gone through it?
I gave our 2.8ZX for 10k third service last week and was given 5:00 PM as the pick up time by Uttam Toyota, Noida.
However upon reaching at 5:30, was told to wait as the mandatory checking of the whole wire harness system was being undertaken on the behest of Toyota. I could see the same being attended to by a set of three technicians through the glass partition.

The whole process is relatively time consuming and I ended up getting back my vehicle by 7:30. As it was the first day of starting with the recheck, it was quite unplanned and unscheduled.

Everything was found to be in order.
Old 11th July 2018, 15:55   #1597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Anyone here has gone through it?
Few members have mentioned about it here
Old 15th July 2018, 01:46   #1598
BHPian

Small update via my sister who's in India at the moment. I had sent some LED bulbs with her when she left to visit our family, in any case the LED indicators have been installed.

I picked these bulbs up from Amazon for $40 per pair and the best part is that they have a built in resistor. No hyperflash and no tinkering about with wiring, these are a true plug and play option. The bulbs I purchased have been updated with a somewhat newer design and are available at this link. Kindly see attached image to see a picture of the bulbs I received. As can be seen in the picture, the bulbs arrived in an anti static wrap and are built with high quality components. The LEDs themselves (all 60 of them!) are evenly placed and the aluminum frame they're mounted on is solid and feels very robust. Longevity is always a question when it comes to LEDs, however SiriusLED is known for high quality products, so I am not as worried.

In any case, the LED replacements are just about an inch longer than the stock 7440 bulb however there is plenty of room within the housing to install them. According to my Dad, he had to muck about trying to get them to fit for a few seconds, but they went in eventually. Once installed, they fit nice and snug. I've yet to see them in person, but according to my sister, Dad, and cousin who all saw them in person, these are ridiculously bright in the day as well as the evening. It also helps that they get rid of the ugly "fried egg" look the stock 7440 bulbs have. I've never been a fan of it and think the clear housing looks much more classy.

Please see this YouTube video for a demonstration of the indicators in the day:

And please see this YouTube video for a demonstration of the indicators in the evening:

I will be travelling to India next month and will be installing the remainder of LED bulbs that my sister took along. I've deliberately asked my Dad to refrain from installing them as I prefer to do it myself. Shall update accordingly with pictures/videos when everything is said and done.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_0290.jpg  

Last edited by CrippledLucifer : 15th July 2018 at 01:48.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 23:27   #1599
BHPian

Last week our family along with my wife's brother's family had a short trip to Kerala for three days. Totally 8 people including MIL aged 70 years with three children of ages 12, 17 & 18. We hired Innova Crysta (I do not remember the version) that had A/c vents for even third row. We specifically insisted for this one.

First day of travelling of about 200 kms on Innova Crysta with me and BIL and his child on the 3rd row. After the first 100kms, BIL changed his seat to the front one telling that he cannot suffer any more (Both me and BIL are lean and weighs about 67kgs). After the end of travel, everyone was absolutely exhausted. MIL vomitted multiple times and others had body pain. I felt the 3rd row is cramped even after me and two children sitting with me on the 3rd row for the second 100kms.

Second day, I asked for a change of vehicle and checked with the taxi operator if he had Tavera or Xylo. He did not have any of these so then I asked him to provide the previous generation Innova. He had one and agreed to provide. Second day trip was about 225kms and this Innova also had A/c vents for 3rd row. Surprisingly everyone including MIL felt much better than Innova Crysta. With me and two children on the 3rd row for the entire journey, I felt the seat was more spacious than Crysta. Second day travel was more on the road with pot holes and still everyone felt much better than first day. I checked with everyone and specially with MIL and she felt comfortable in Old Innova.

On a visible inspection, I could actually feel the difference of space in the 3rd row between two generations of Innova. The Old generation Innova had more spacious 3rd row seat than Crysta. The cushioning was also much much better in Old Innova. I am not an engineer or have deep knowledge about cars, but I felt that when we upgrade our car to a bigger one then Crysta does not tick the comfort box. This was also the view of everyone in the family. This is purely me and our family opinion on the riding comfort of Crysta.
pradeepnair is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2018, 23:55   #1600
BHPian

@pradeepnair Even I noticed the space on third row cramped when I travelled in crysta auto version. I am also 168 cm and 64 kg. Never felt comfortable. Also when seated the sides are hollow which do not support our side body. However ride quality was ok. However, i have never seated in 3rd row of old innova, so cannot compare. May be the tyre pressure was set high in your case due to which ride comfort might have reduced. However despite having rear drum brakes, I think brakes should be good. Because in one emergency situation to save an auto on highway when the alert driver pressed the brakes car stopped inches before auto and the passengers in auto were saved. The mad auto driver when he tried to overtake a tempo before him without looking back and suddenly changed lane without indication. Later on auto driver realised his fatal mistake. This happened on Kolhapur-Bangaluroo highway last year.

Last edited by HydroFuel : 21st July 2018 at 23:57.
HydroFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 13:41   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeepnair View Post
On a visible inspection, I could actually feel the difference of space in the 3rd row between two generations of Innova. The Old generation Innova had more spacious 3rd row seat than Crysta. The cushioning was also much much better in Old Innova. I am not an engineer or have deep knowledge about cars, but I felt that when we upgrade our car to a bigger one then Crysta does not tick the comfort box. This was also the view of everyone in the family. This is purely me and our family opinion on the riding comfort of Crysta.
This is mostly due to the color of interiors used. The older Innova appears to have more space due to the application of beige color. The only place which is better in old Innova is the middle row-mid position. In Innova crysta it is raised and I find it better in older Innova. Everywhere else the Crysta has more space and I can say it confidently as I have both versions. The seat on Crysta is of softer compound than Innova in stock form. People who prefer firmer seats prefer the one's in Innova. Only reason why I could think of vomiting sensation in Crysta is because the way it develops speed and it can carry more speed than Innova in curves and will accelerate quite quickly compared to Innova.

Last edited by PrideRed : 24th July 2018 at 13:45.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2018, 12:40   #1602
Senior - BHPian

I concur with PrideRed.
I had the Innova Z, 2015 version with Beige interiors that i exchanged for the Crysta.
I now have the Maroon Cryzta with black interiors and clearly, i can 'Feel' more space inside the Crysta, though i am not able to 'See' it.
Old 27th July 2018, 20:36   #1603
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Any news if there would be any upcoming facelift on Innova Crysta? There has been no changes since the launch except for some minor features being added in existing variants (and of course TouringSport)
Haven't seen any such news from other south East Asian countries where such facelifts are typically launched earlier
Old 28th July 2018, 00:24   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
Any news if there would be any upcoming facelift on Innova Crysta? There has been no changes since the launch except for some minor features being added in existing variants (and of course TouringSport)
Haven't seen any such news from other south East Asian countries where such facelifts are typically launched earlier

Usually face lifts are introduced three to four years in a cars life. Considering the Innova Crysta launched in 2015 in Southeast Asian countries, I'd hazard a guess we'll start seeing some news towards the end of this year or at the latest early next year.

My only wish is Toyota makes the facelift parts compatible with the current vehicle. I'd kill for full factory LED tail lights and Bi-LED headlights. It's an utter shame LED DRLs were not offered at all with even the highest trim variants of the Crysta. Here's to hoping those will be included too.
Old 31st July 2018, 09:35   #1605
BHPian

Update on my Touring sport.

Reached 10k service in 11 months . Renewed insurance with Royal sundaram cost 40k with 20% NCB. Latest mileage figures on a 800 kms trip as follows. I have a 16 inch alloy with 33psi and felt very comfortable to drive. Even my 3rd row passenger didnt complain.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20180731wa0002.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20180731wa0008.jpg  

Vulken Auto is online now   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed