Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 10:15   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Update on my Touring sport.

Reached 10k service in 11 months . Renewed insurance with Royal sundaram cost 40k with 20% NCB. Latest mileage figures on a 800 kms trip as follows. I have a 16 inch alloy with 33psi and felt very comfortable to drive. Even my 3rd row passenger didnt complain.
How did you managed to extract those extra miles? What were the speeds.
Old 31st July 2018, 22:52   #1607
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post

I own the 2.4 and can surely vouch for its frugality!

The 6th cog in touring sport further helps in posting such mileage figures.

The normal 5 speed box in 2.4 seriously limits the mileage due to its short gearing.

Ps. I own the zx 5 speed one. The max I can attain with comfortable driving is 15 kmpl. A 6th cog could have made 18 easily achievable. However, the 5 speed demands very few gear shifts. From 50 km/h onwards, 5th is the only gear you need, such is the ease and tractability.

Last edited by sudeep.pandya : 31st July 2018 at 22:57.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 17:30   #1608
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Update on my Touring sport.

Reached 10k service in 11 months . Renewed insurance with Royal sundaram cost 40k with 20% NCB. Latest mileage figures on a 800 kms trip as follows. I have a 16 inch alloy with 33psi and felt very comfortable to drive. Even my 3rd row passenger didnt complain.
Excellent economy! Kudos to your driving skills

Just few questions:

1. How many people were in this tour? (One passenger is of course visible)
2. Your vehicle is manual or automatic? (sorry, I don't usually follow all the posts.)
3. What is the max driving speed?
4. Normal diesel or special one?

I hope AC is on most of the time.

Thanks!
Old 1st August 2018, 17:45   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Excellent economy! Kudos to your driving skills

Just few questions:

1. How many people were in this tour? (One passenger is of course visible)
2. Your vehicle is manual or automatic? (sorry, I don't usually follow all the posts.)
3. What is the max driving speed?
4. Normal diesel or special one?

I hope AC is on most of the time.

Thanks!
To every ones surprise I did attain 31.1 kmpl once, and averaged 28.7kmph for 70 odd kms on ORR. You can check pics from previous posts.

1)5 ( including 2 dogies)
2)Manual 5 speed
3)110kmph(70 kmph average)
4)Hp pump normal

Yes a/c on 99% we did froze some times hence stopped. My third row passenger cant sleep with out it.
Vulken Auto is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 17:41   #1610
BHPian

Crysta is amazing, I don't say!

Last Saturday I could get test drive of Innova Crysta in both Manual & Automatic avatars. And, that was preceded by XUV500 (manual, auto they don't have as a test drive vehicle.) test drive.

Hexa was nice. Liked most of the things and even booked that. I needed one for highway cruising only. Many BHPians helped me, including @smartcat in the process. But I didn't buy one even when the GST advantage was there. May be other than few small niggles, the slow speed bulk went against, for me.

With ~20+/- lakhs ex-showroom as a budget and a greed to save anything possible, the next option was XUV500. But, the last row inconvenience for my 10+ kid, and lack of any boot space for my wife were two very important sore points (revealed more driving back-to-back with Crysta). Parents were happy in reaching in and out compared to the last choice.

Surprisingly, I never thought of buying Crysta. I regarded this van best belonging to taxi segment. Incidentally, a couple of week back just dropped at Toyota dealership and happened to meet Leo. Didn't make out whether the sales executive was more appealing or the Crysta!!

So, after the capable XUV500 which I was about to choose, the Crysta test drive was revealing, at least for my family. Wife was satisfied with the 300 odd litres of boot space and, my kids were ready to sacrifice the fancy of sun-roof in favour of the third row comfort. Parents were equally happy in both the cars, but mother found merit in her daughter-in-law's point (a rare occasion though!).

Now, it was me to decide between auto & manual versions. 2-things tilted the balance towards manual version:

1. The instant pickup of the manual (the obvious rubber-band effect of auto, comparatively)

2. Lack of VX version, highest version lacked bench-seat which I cannot sacrifice and lowest model (GX) appeared little stripped off.

There were few issues also, but nothing in the world comes stain-free. I was wondering why I didn't test drive them earlier (well I drove earlier, but driving and test-driving are different!)

Well, now 2 things:

1. Should we wait for new Ertiga and Marazzo?
2. Whether Bharat-VI implication would impact my purchase now?

Whatever, my opinion towards Crysta has changed now.
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 18:22   #1611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Should we wait for new Ertiga
New Ertiga review videos are on YouTube, you may be able to make a decision based on that.

Though new Ertiga is supposed to be having better leg room, it will be having lesser space compared to Crysta. Though price wise there will be a huge difference.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 21:28   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
1. The instant pickup of the manual (the obvious rubber-band effect of auto, comparatively)
I currently drive an Innova Touring Sport 2.8L AT. The 2.8L AT engine is similar to the regular Innova Crysta AT. The pickup for 2.8L AT is great. The huge 2.8L roars with power as soon as the pedal is pressed. In the power mode, the AT literally pushes the passengers back in the seats and zooms ahead. I never use the power mode, since on City roads one can hardly speed and on highways, regular mode pickup immediately reaches triple digits, with this much engine power. The point is, the power option is there, if one needs it on the AT version.

Quote:
The Innova Crysta and Ertiga are in different leagues, really cannot compare their respective power, features, comfort etc. other than the fact that both are 7 / 8 seaters. I have a colleague who drove an Eritiga and then moved to the Innova Crysta, and he described as 'no comparison'. Comfort (specially on long drives) is the biggest plus for him that he noticed when he switched over to the Innova Crysta.
The other notable difference is that, the Innova Crysta is a Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) while the Eritiga I believe, is a Front Wheel Drive (FWD) like any regular sedans. So adjusting to the RWD pickup v/s FWD pickup, may need some getting used to.
geotracks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 07:14   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
I currently drive an Innova Touring Sport 2.8L AT. The 2.8L AT engine is similar to the regular Innova Crysta AT. The pickup for 2.8L AT is great. The huge 2.8L roars with power as soon as the pedal is pressed. In the power mode, the AT literally pushes the passengers back in the seats and zooms ahead.

The Innova Crysta and Ertiga are in different leagues, really cannot compare their respective power, features, comfort etc.. So adjusting to the RWD pickup v/s FWD pickup, may need some getting used to.

I am driving an Innova 2.8 AT Z model for the last couple of months now. I absolutely agree with your views. There is no rubber band effect in this AT because unlike most of the Maruti stable this is not a CVT. It is the CVT which gives rubber band effect. I have been fortunate to have worked many years in the automotive industry managing North India geography for then Hero Honda and Maruti Udyog. I have found the Innova Crysta the best vehicle for passenger comfort, driver comfort, reliability, quality and ASS.
bimbrahw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 13:59   #1614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well, now 2 things:

2. Whether Bharat-VI implication would impact my purchase now?

Whatever, my opinion towards Crysta has changed now.
If you are mostly travelling 5 on board or less and don't carry too much luggage, you should wait for Ertiga or Marazzo. These should be good to carry at the max 6 people plus some luggage in comfort.

Coming to Crysta, if you are not worried much about FE and okay with 7 seater, go for Z AT. Else you can go for Z MT. I prefer the G or Z as to me V variant, though is more premium, does not offer any additional safety kit than G.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 11:33   #1615
Senior - BHPian

So any updates / consensus on the best way to get a roof rack on the Crysta?

- the old Thule footings don't sit well. The rear footer is not firmly fixed. I suspect that it is good enough for good roads & reasonable speeds .

- Toyota cage is expensive (14.5k) and bulky to store. But the footing fits correctly and firmly

Am leaning towards using the old Innova footing

A quick update on the noise issue & the decision on the roof rail in my ownership thread

TL;DR:
- Noise : Use normal mode
- Roof Rack: Use Toyota OEM rack only (no basket) for 13k. It is quite good.

Last edited by Aditya : 13th August 2018 at 20:52. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 15th August 2018, 16:50   #1616
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What's with extra tail-lights becoming so popular? Have been seeing a large number of Innovas & Cretas with them.

Looks so bad. From afar, it looked like the rear has one big red strip:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180814-22.25.47.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20180814-22.25.45.jpg
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 17:19   #1617
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What's with extra tail-lights becoming so popular? Have been seeing a large number of Innovas & Cretas with them.
So that it looks, feels and goes like a Porsche!

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-9598porsche993rearbumper.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-993rs.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-porsche911carrera4s9914658_42.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 22:26   #1618
Senior - BHPian

Well, like Porsche, Audi has also bucked up on the trend to design LED strips at the back. First seen on the A8 and now the Q8 as well.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-c4e1f901c0e442cb6834c2c2b84f6811.jpg
credit: pinterest.com

Looks cool and aesthetically pleasing unlike the ones posted by GTO on the Crysta that looks rubbish to be honest. The pictures don't do justice; in real life it's even worse.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 15th August 2018 at 22:28.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 11:10   #1619
Senior - BHPian

I think the trend started with Maruti Esteem way back in 1996. I had this model but sold it off. Personally, I liked this tail light very much especially during night times when all of them were lit
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-rearlight_esteem4.jpg  

gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 12:29   #1620
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for some body else to say this ... But it appears that I have to do it myself!

That type of taillight has a name - "heckblende". German for 'cover the rear' or something like that

More info here
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks