Hi All,

Innova is bringing some updates and increasing the prices as per the link

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/toyota-fo...ome-topstories

Regards,
Motorheart
Old 2nd September 2018, 22:35   #1637
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Does anyone know the infotainment screen resolution for Crysta ?
Old 4th September 2018, 19:09   #1638
BHPian

Please let me know, if you have the information, whether the new infotainment screen can be connected to the rear view camera?
Old 12th September 2018, 19:21   #1639
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this interesting Video. Posting it here for benefit of Crysta owners :

Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 19:30   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Found this interesting Video. Posting it here for benefit of Crysta owners :
That should fellow member Sankar if I am not wrong. He had already posted the trailer video some pages back.
Old 14th September 2018, 15:02   #1641
BHPian

I came across a video in YouTube recently in which a customer is creating issues outside a Toyota showroom in Kannur, Kerala complaining about premature tyre wear on his Innova Crysta 2.8 Z. He is claiming that the tyres got worn out at 20,000 kms (un-even wear). Please find the link to the video. Kindly note that they are using local language in the video.

They are claiming that it is a common issue with Innova Crysta and one guy is telling that the issue was seen even on the test drive vehicle which was there at the dealership.

Can any existing owners confirm whether they are facing similar issues or is this is a one off case?

Note
I don't have any information on the background/authenticity of the issue/video. I happened to see this video in through social media. The way the Toyota staff is dealing with the issue doesn't look good and it caught my attention. I have heard only very good comments about the way Toyota deals with such customer complaints. Surprised !!
Old 14th September 2018, 15:44   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_sam View Post
Can any existing owners confirm whether they are facing similar issues or is this is a one off case?
I also own a 2.8 Z and it has completed 35,000 km and the tyres are completely fit. Do note that they are 16 inchers.

Quote:
Note
I don't have any information on the background/authenticity of the issue/video. I happened to see this video in through social media. The way the Toyota staff is dealing with the issue doesn't look good and it caught my attention. I have heard only very good comments about the way Toyota deals with such customer complaints. Surprised !!
Though I couldn't understand what the conversation was but it felt like it was a heated one.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 19:51   #1643
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_sam View Post

My 2.8 Z automatic has done about 20K and tyres look good to go for another 10 to 15K .
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 21:36   #1644
Senior - BHPian

The newer crysta eats tyres at a much faster rate than the old Innova and this was confirmed by a highly knowledgeable wheel balancing shop I go to. To get maximum out of your crysta tyres regular rotation and alignment along with balancing is a must every 5k which people tend to procrastinate more often than not.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 22:49   #1645
BHPian

From what I’ve read and heard, the 16” tyres on the Innova Crysta have thicker & ‘harder’ side walled tyres. The 17” inch rims that originally came had tyres with thin and ‘softer’ walls. During this time there were numerous complaints from Innova Crysta owners about these softer wall tyres bursting, having air bubbles etc. Toyota then discontinued the 17” tyres and went back to 16” tyres for a few months and then subsequently went back to 17” tyres on high end models of the Innova Crysta. This time the 17” tyres had thin but ‘harder material’ walls. Toyota service people claim that the complaints (of tyre burst, air bubbles etc.) have reduced significantly.

The tyre burst, air bubbles etc. on the earlier 17" alloys of the Innova Crysta’s could have also had to do with that particular batch of tyres. I had been plagued with the air bubble problem on my brand new Honda City which had stock MRF tyres. Literally all 5 of the stock tyres developed air bubbles one after the other in succession within months. I was very frustrated with MRF tyres and finally purchased Yokohama tyres. The Yokos have really been performing well.

I have also seen numerus imported cars such as Mercedes, BMWs, Volvos etc. with thin radial tyres, but barring a few exceptions most of these luxury cars owners seem not to be having any issues with the thin wall radial tyres.

Personally, I would have preferred thicker and hard wall 17” tyres on the higher variants of the Innova Crysta. The bad Indian road conditions especially during monsoons or in construction zones make it even more challenging with the abuse that tyres take.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 01:15   #1646
BHPian

We recently had a tire burst on the Agra-Lucknow Expressway on our Crysta.

Tire pressure was set to the recommended 33psi before we set off and the car was being driven by me at a steady 110kph thanks to cruise control. There were only four of us in the car with two suitcases in the trunk. No clue what would prompt the tire to burst, the road is exceptional and there was next to no traffic on it.

Some pictures of the burst tire are attached below:

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-dbedf94f3da445328b3b0ae3cccca2b8.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-051b8178ac014e158ef8328943d93942.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-0eab85a4d5cf4217baeb3e274231aff9.jpg

I don't know what it is with the Bridgestone B390 tires, we've had two of them burst in the one year of ownership. Maybe we had a bad batch of tires or just sheer bad luck. My father wrote a very concerned complaint to Toyota about the installation of such shoddy tires on a vehicle of this size and credit to TKM, we immediately got a call back from them. They've opened up a case file and are investigating. We're hoping for a positive outcome on Toyota's part although I'm unsure of what they could really do other than compensate us somehow.

Either way, this incident prompted a serious discussion between my parents and I about what to do with the tires. We came to the conclusion that for the sake of safety and for peace of mind, we would replace all five tires of our car. Sure we would end up spending a good chunk of money, but nothing is more valuable than our lives. I suggested replacing the Bridgestone's with Michelin Primacy SUV tires since I've only ever heard positive reviews about them. In fact, Sankar sir used them on his Crysta many moons ago and he appeared to have zero qualms with them. We chose to go with 215/65/R16 spec tires which offer a slightly stiffer sidewall while retaining the ability to use the factory 16 inch alloys. New alloys AND new tires were beyond our budget in case anyone was wondering. I'm happy to report that the ride quality is still sublime and the tires are MUCH quieter than the Bridgestone's. I drove the car immediately after the new tires were installed and felt the grip to be superior in comparison to the Bridgestone's. The total damage to pocket ended up being ~₹40,000 for all five tires.

I've since returned to Canada however my parents recently drove back to Lucknow via the same expressway and were thoroughly delighted with the tires. According to them, they (as passengers!) felt the car was more planted than previously and that comfort was not at all compromised. Overall, we're very pleased with the upgrade and I personally can't wait to go back to India to drive our Crysta on a long highway run.

I sincerely hope this is the end of tire issues with our car. My Dad has made it a point to have all five tires rotated diligently every 5,000km to equalize wear on them. We're taking no more chances.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 09:00   #1647
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
We recently had a tire burst on the Agra-Lucknow Expressway on our Crysta.
Make sure the valves are not leaking air. It is unnatural for properly inflated tyres to burst, unless air is leaking slowly and deflating the tyres. Valves are made of rubber and due to constant exposure to sunlight, harden up and crack causing air to leak. Hope valves were replaced when tyres were changed. For people who do a lot of highway driving it is good to keep an analogue gauge and check tyre pressure once in 15 days or so. That way you will know if any tyre is leaking air. Just checking pressure before start of a highway journey can sometimes conceal the fact that there is a small leak.
Santoshbhat is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 14:12   #1648
Senior - BHPian

I have been one of the first few owners of the Crysta 2.8Z. I think my car was among the first batch of 50 cars delivered on day 1 of launch.

I had a tyre burst within the first 1000 km's. I was very concerned.

However my car just completed 67000 kms and I am now replacing my 4 tyres with the replaced tyre totally brand new. Other than maybe 2 or 3 punctures in 2.5 years and driving over almost every terrain possible there has been no complaint.

I am replacing the tyres with Bridgestone Dueller - 215/60/R17 instead of Bridgestone Turanza 215/55/R17 that the car came shod with. I am unable to procure the original size in Turanza in Agra and cant be bothered trying to find them. Any suggestions guys.

The new tyres are costing me 8900 per piece.

I also noticed a slight vibration on the steering the last time the car came back from a regular service. Wonder if this is to the lack of tread on the new tyres that are now wearing out faster than ever before.

I will send the car to Toyota first and then the tyre shop.
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2018, 19:29   #1649
BHPian

Hey fellow BHPians,

We own the 2016 Innova Crysta GX AT which has recently completed 15k km in a span of almost two years. As all of you would be knowing, the GX doesn't come with a factory fitted ICE as a result of which we had to buy it separately. The one which is currently present in our Crysta is the JVC V520 BT.

Check here for the details of the ICE:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4197855 (My bronze beast - Toyota Innova Crysta GX Automatic)

Currently, my dad is in the USA and is considering buying an ICE from there for our Crysta, as the after-market ICE's there are much cheaper than the ones we get here, or so he says. My question is: Is it possible to change our ICE with one which was bought in the USA? If yes, which one would be the best for the GX model,considering the fact that it has got only the four speakers and nothing else.

Has anyone fitted a foreign ICE on the Crysta, or any vehicle as a matter of fact?

Requesting your kind help as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Karthi.stark
Old 16th September 2018, 21:53   #1650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthi.stark View Post
Hey fellow BHPians,

Currently, my dad is in the USA and is considering buying an ICE from there for our Crysta, as the after-market ICE's there are much cheaper than the ones we get here, or so he says. My question is: Is it possible to change our ICE with one which was bought in the USA? If yes, which one would be the best for the GX model,considering the fact that it has got only the four speakers and nothing else.

Has anyone fitted a foreign ICE on the Crysta, or any vehicle as a matter of fact?

Requesting your kind help as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Karthi.stark
My choice will be one with Android auto and Apple car play along with TA and enough pre outs for future expansion. Any standard 2 din player will work but only thing of concern is that USA sourced decks only work with odd FM frequencies so it may be something to consider if you hear a lot of radio. So 93.5 will work but not 94.0.

Last edited by SPARKled : 16th September 2018 at 21:55.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks