Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2018, 11:38   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
One question to ask is, so many other brand vehicles have tyre sizes 17” rims or larger, but why only Innova Crysta’s 17” rim size has been plagued with the tyre issues.
Nothing to do with 17 inchers but the 55 profile for such a heavy vehicle is not suitable for our conditions. Ecosport, Hexa(to certain extent) also have these issues. My family friend has reported two tire bursts of their GLE which also runs a low profile tire. The XF and earlier version of Superb they had, already had pretty good number of replacements. Low profiles are definitely not the kind of tires you want on a bulky SUV/MPV irrespective of the size.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 13:57   #1667
BHPian

Folks from Bangalore here - need some advice.

I see many Black Innovas on the road. However, that color is not listed on their website and brochure. I stopped one and spoke to the owner. He said this is available and he got the delivery in 15-20 days.

Does any one here has a view on this?

Also for those in Bangalore - What is your view on the dealers. Which is a better one to go with? Any advice is appreciated.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 14:03   #1668
Senior - BHPian

A request for clarification to the owners of Innova Crysta here in the forum. I came to Chennai from Bangalore last weekend in my sister's Innova (2.4 ZX 17" wheels).

Every time the driver applied brakes, I could feel shuddering inside the car. It didn't matter if it was an emergency brake from 100s or a normal one from 70-80.

Is it the alignment that is to be checked or the pads for uneven wear? The car is due for service shortly and only does highway runs mostly.

The car is on original set of tires on the OEM fitted rims.

Please help.
Old 19th September 2018, 14:08   #1669
BHPian

Just around a week or two ago when I went to the nearest Toyota showroom (Vijayawada) to check Innova, saw a black coloured Innova, though it being a mid level variant.

When asked, I was informed that though black is not available in the colours list, it is made to order via special request. Was wondering what a special request means..

Or do all the black Innovas belong to a single group, being delivered at different locations.
Old 19th September 2018, 14:56   #1670
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post

Also for those in Bangalore - What is your view on the dealers. Which is a better one to go with? Any advice is appreciated.
It is indeed possible to get a black Innova if ordered.

I prefer Viva Toyota over the others simply because they are new and are hungrier for business.

Let me know if you need anything else.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 16:41   #1671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
I came to Chennai from Bangalore last weekend in my sister's Innova (2.4 ZX 17" wheels).

Every time the driver applied brakes, I could feel shuddering inside the car. It didn't matter if it was an emergency brake from 100s or a normal one from 70-80.

Is it the alignment that is to be checked or the pads for uneven wear? The car is due for service shortly and only does highway runs mostly.
Can you mention the ODO reading? Most likely your rotors are warped and you will need to get these ground. Toyota Dealerships have machines.

https://info.kaltire.com/what-does-i...rs-are-warped/
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 17:14   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
I see many Black Innovas on the road. However, that color is not listed on their website and brochure. I stopped one and spoke to the owner. He said this is available and he got the delivery in 15-20 days.
Very much available. You have to pay entire amount upfront. Do note black is non-metallic . I had good experience with Nandi Toyota Museum road and their service at Whitefield. Rate both of them 5 star.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 18:35   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Low profiles are definitely not the kind of tires you want on a bulky SUV/MPV irrespective of the size.
Agree, that's what I indicated too.

This point looks so obvious, so wonder why auto manufacturers would still prefer to go in for low profiles. After all, they all spend tens of thousands of $ on R&D, road test, we see test mules doing all sorts of tests. It is hard to imagine none of the test or QA engineers ever suggested against low profiles for Indian roads. Why would big auto brands sell low profiles for Indian roads as 'stocks' and get into all these controversial discussions (and in the bargain get unwanted 'bad' publicity) with customers that face issues.

We often hear or read about 'tweaks' auto manufactures do (many a times for cost cutting??) for their worldwide best selling models when they bring those to India (e.g. Hyundai Creta, Honda City, Toyota Corolla, Honda CR-V etc. - they eliminate some features, add different features specifically for Indian versions). Avoiding low profiles for Indian road conditions should be non-debatable topic when final specs are agreed. The customer always has a choice of replacing stock tyres with low profiles, if they really fancy them.
geotracks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 21:18   #1674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can you mention the ODO reading? Most likely your rotors are warped and you will need to get these ground. Toyota Dealerships have machines.

https://info.kaltire.com/what-does-i...rs-are-warped/
It has run only 12000 KM. It'll go for service soon. I have told them to mention this as an issue and get it rectified. Thank you for your inputs.

I have feeling that the previous version of Innova (older one was from 2008) was a lot trouble free. This version has quite a few IMHO starting from tires to brakes and what not.

One thing I like though is its power/torque. Toyota finally gave the engine that this car demands. It pulled like a train on the highways and the cruise control accentuated the feeling on upward slopes. It was plenty fun even as a passenger on empty hightways.

As an added bonus, it was showing 16kmpl on the MID when we set the cruise to 95 kmph. Was very happy with that.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2018, 21:35   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
It has run only 12000 KM. It'll go for service soon. I have told them to mention this as an issue and get it rectified. Thank you for your inputs.

I have feeling that the previous version of Innova (older one was from 2008) was a lot trouble free. This version has quite a few IMHO starting from tires to brakes and what not.
12000 kms for a manual transmission is ridiculously low. I've however seen lots of complaints on brake pads needing replacement around 15000 kms on the auto transmission version of the Fortuner.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 06:09   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
12000 kms for a manual transmission is ridiculously low. I've however seen lots of complaints on brake pads needing replacement around 15000 kms on the auto transmission version of the Fortuner.
I think I had mentioned this in my ownership thread - the rotors for the Crysta are inadequate. On long journeys they warp mildly leading to brake judder. You will not notice this during city drives . Nor can you demonstrate it to the dealer when you take it for service as the brake has not heated up enough.

Toyota is aware of the problem (was also there in the fortuner IIRC) but don't want to do the right thing and recall it

There is definite loss of control due to the juddering and it is very disconcerting.
There is no fix but I don't know what the real risk is.
sridhu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2018, 14:14   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
...Do note black is non-metallic ....

Previous generation Innova had a Non-Metallic Black (Code 209 Black Mica)
The Innova Crysta however has a Metallic Black (Code 218 Attitude Black Mica Metallic)

Since I was contemplating buying the Crysta in Black, I had this information sourced through contacts.
karpusv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2018, 09:12   #1678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Previous generation Innova had a Non-Metallic Black (Code 209 Black Mica)
The Innova Crysta however has a Metallic Black (Code 218 Attitude Black Mica Metallic)

Since I was contemplating buying the Crysta in Black, I had this information sourced through contacts.
I realised this yesterday after seeing a Liva, which had metallic black. This appears much better than one in previous gen Innova.
Old 23rd September 2018, 11:39   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
As of last night, our Crysta is officially halogen-free!
Could you please share the link for puddle lamps? Asking for a friend who couldn't find them. What spec/holder type are they?

Also, any options for "logo lights" which can be inserted into the space for puddle lamps?

Thanks!
Mu009 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 16:13   #1680
BHPian

Hi,

My Innova Crysta GX 2.4 has now completed 28,000 kms. I just wanted to check the following with you folks:

1. Mine is a Garnet Red colour. I feel that this colour is a little dull, compared to the other colours available. Basically, for some reason, you dont get the shine / gloss that the comes with the other colours. I asked the Service centre and they also confirmed that this particular colour is a little dull. Does anyone else feel this?

2. My Crysta does not have steering mounted controls. I read earlier in this forum that Toyota dealers were offering steering mounted controls as an aftermarket upgrade. Has anyone in this forum upgraded their steering system? Is that safe?

3. Any comments about the resale value of Crystas? Before buying my Crysta in 2016, I had explored buying a pre-owned Innova and was very surprised about their high resale value. Basically, the last two digits of the year of manufacture tended to be the resale price of the vehicle. For example, a 2015 model was going for 15 lakhs, all else being equal. Any idea how the market is perceiving the resale value of Crysta?

4. I get an average FE of 10.5-11 in city driving where the maximum speed is 70 kms and median speed is 40kms (3rd / 4th gear). Is this normal> I pretty much drive in ECO mode only.
contentedbloke is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks