Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2018, 23:34   #1711
BANNED

Re: Door Pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Can you share the costs and the part number for the shocks? I can't find anything listed for Innova. Does it make any noticeable difference in the ride/ handling?

And same for the sony, the model number will be helpful. I do have upgraded speakers but it appears they don't get enough power from the OE head unit. I too don't like the sub.

The amp is Sony XMS400D. It's sized correct and sits between those two parts of the dashboard support brace perfectly. It takes high level input as well and if using high level input it does not need a remote turn-on wire to be provided. Though it can be take power from the stereo harness it is highly recommended that dedicated powersupply is given from the battery (IIRC the yellow amp power wire is 14/12AWG and a similar sized line extended to the battery is what I am using).

Wish i knew the numbers for the Bilstein but unfortunately I don't I never knew many would be interested in this. I didn't even take better pics before I got it installed. I will get the numbers next time its lifted and I can get under to click pics. Will get the numbers and document it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
@sankar - fixing Cruise Control on GX - does it not void warranty from Toyota?

No OE wires are cut and no original fittings are modified and no third party items are used so ideally the warranty should not be voided. But probably won't be that easy when warranty is called for when in need :-)

Last edited by Sankar : 18th November 2018 at 23:40.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 04:20   #1712
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkingsley View Post
That must be the Rear Fog lamp added
You are correct, this change as well as the price hike was announced way back in early September 2018. It appears the updated vehicles are finally hitting the roads. Some more relevant information available at this link. Interestingly, Innova Crysta models available in other South-East Asian countries already had this tail light setup from the get go.

Personally, I think the addition of this single rear fog lamp ruins the symmetry of the car. I've seen this same setup used on many cars in Europe when I lived there and was never a big fan of it. No doubt it's a great safety feature to have especially with the fog we receive in Northern India, I just feel Toyota could have done a better job aesthetically. In my opinion, instead of the full reflectors in the bumper, Toyota should have split the reflectors into two parts with the outer half housing rear fog lamps and the inner half retaining reflector functionality.

Last edited by CrippledLucifer : 19th November 2018 at 04:22.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 04:49   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post

I now need to renew the insurance for my Touring Sport. For my other 2 cars, I have got Tata AIG Pearl Plan. Currently for my Toyota Innova Touring Sport, I have the Toyota Insurance that came along with the new vehicle. Looking for thoughts to understand if I should continue with Toyota insurance or renew it with Tata AIG (Pearl Plan). I have also been getting mailers from American Express insurance but not sure of the service etc. I have not yet checked and compared the difference in renewal rates between Toyota Insurance and Tata AIG, but pointers and suggestions welcomed.
Congrats on completing 1year Insurance given by toyota is from ICICI lombard and they have this special 3 packaged plans just for Innova from harsha toyota. Its a no brainer, go for it .
Old 19th November 2018, 10:30   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Re: Door Pads

Quote:
And same for the sony, the model number will be helpful. I do have upgraded speakers but it appears they don't get enough power from the OE head unit. I too don't like the sub.
The power output from stock stereo is quite poor. Comparatively aftermarket HU seem to do better. I am very much tempted to add a 4 channel amp however i believe this involves splicing/cutting of wires which is most likely to void warranty. Is it possible to add without cutting wire?
Old 19th November 2018, 16:34   #1715
BANNED

Quote:
Can you share the costs and the part number for the shocks? I can't find anything listed for Innova. Does it make any noticeable difference in the ride/ handling?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Wish i knew the numbers for the Bilstein but unfortunately I don't I never knew many would be interested in this. I didn't even take better pics before I got it installed. I will get the numbers next time its lifted and I can get under to click pics. Will get the numbers and document it here.
The part numbers are:-
Front: F4-BE5-C889-M1 and F4-BE5-C890-M1
Rear: 2nos of F4-BE5-C454-M1

I got it at a very good price because of two reasons; one it was old stock and the second was no one (including the Bilstein dealer) knew it would fit the Crysta. I knew t would After the dealer got the info that it fit the Crysta (mine) they tried one of the remaining old stocks with their dealers in the north of India in one of the Crystas there and officially came out with the release Bilstein are available for Crysta.

I felt the difference right after the install on my drive back, the vehicle was taught and stiff. On highway drives involving higher speeds the vehicle handled better (less sway) while changing lanes and better braking (doesn't dive as much), holding the line better (noticed while taking curves and high speeds) and generally feels less van like. On rougher patch the suspension is stiff enough to notice if total occupancy is less one to three pax.

These bilsteins are for the old Innova and it fits the Crysta since suspension arms et al are same between both. Bilstein does not make a set for the New Innova as on date. Crysta weighs more than old Innova and I wonder how the old Innova would have felt on the Bilsteins since it is a lighter vehicle, would have been even more stiffer and probably uncomfortable.
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 20:51   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
Very correct. The AC water outlet pipe for the rear unit is located at the right wheel arch. Thus the dripping of water at that place.
Thank-you for the confirmation. This helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Congrats on completing 1year Insurance given by toyota is from ICICI lombard and they have this special 3 packaged plans just for Innova from harsha toyota. Its a no brainer, go for it .
Thanks. Good tip. Will follow it up with Toyota.

I am assuming you would have opted for the same insurance renewal (from Toyota) for your Touring Sport vehicle. At a high level, what made your choice lean toward this option as compared to outside insurance companies such as Tata AIG, Bajaj etc.
Old 22nd November 2018, 11:43   #1717
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mom wanted to go on a religious trip. No taxi I'll trust more than an Innova Crysta . When it comes to the family, safety is paramount on the highway. I also checked his tyres before they drove off.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20181122_092852.jpg
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 15:52   #1718
BHPian

Toyota to increase prices by up to 4 percent in January 2019
Quote:
The price hike will be on Toyota’s entire range of cars in India; rising production costs cited as reason for increase
LINK

Last edited by JS Kwt : 27th November 2018 at 15:53.
Old 28th November 2018, 21:31   #1719
BHPian

Received a SMS from Toyota today stating, "your car is part of Engine room wire harness inspection voluntary recall campaign".

What does this mean? Did any Innova Crysta owners receive any such message?
Old 28th November 2018, 22:44   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Received a SMS from Toyota today stating, "your car is part of Engine room wire harness inspection voluntary recall campaign".

What does this mean? Did any Innova Crysta owners receive any such message?
Geotracks,

Check this forum url - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-fortuner.html (Toyota's recall for the wiring harness of the Innova Crysta and Fortuner) - for the detailed discussion.

Regards
Nikhil
nsbhagwat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2018, 11:20   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
Thanks. However, this thread is much earlier, sometime in July this year.

I got the SMS a couple of days ago. Hence checking.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 12:58   #1722
Senior - BHPian

Completed a long trip to Goa Dandeli and back to Navi Mumbai. The Crysta did the journey without a sweat. Even the Eco modee is more than enough to sling shot past the 1.3 and 1.6 junta on the road while Google maps and Amazon music on Apple Car Play made the journey stress free and an absolute breeze. Almost an year is up and its due for a major service and insurance renewal. Suggestions welcome for Insurance renewal.

Last edited by SPARKled : 2nd December 2018 at 13:00.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 19:10   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Completed a long trip to Goa Dandeli and back to Navi Mumbai. The Crysta did the journey without a sweat. Even the Eco modee is more than enough to sling shot past the 1.3 and 1.6 junta on the road while Google maps and Amazon music on Apple Car Play made the journey stress free and an absolute breeze. Almost an year is up and its due for a major service and insurance renewal. Suggestions welcome for Insurance renewal.
Agree, in ECO mode too, the Innova Crysta cruises and pumps power effortlessly.

On the insurance renewal piece, I had a similar questions, please see some of my recent posts. Finally went with Vulken Auto's recommendation of renewing it thru' Toyota dealership itself, as Toyota has custom packages for its Innova customers.

I also checked independently with Tata AIG. The difference was 'comparable'. Toyota custom package insurance may demand a slightly higher premium but comes with other benefits that you can compare and decide.
geotracks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 21:02   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
..while Google maps and Amazon music on Apple Car Play made the journey stress free and an absolute breeze..
I guess stock Innova audio systems does not support Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Have you replaced to one which supports Apple Car Play. Thanks.
Old 3rd December 2018, 09:47   #1725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I guess stock Innova audio systems does not support Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Have you replaced to one which supports Apple Car Play. Thanks.
Yes that is correct I have an after market HU that supports Car Play and Android Auto.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed