Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2019, 07:46   #1831
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 63,097
Thanked: 226,573 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Toyota has replaced a certain number of parts under warranty at the 50k mark.
Looks like a large number of gasket / seals have been replaced. Either Toyota has done this proactively on your car (based on complaints from others), or noticed something amiss. Bad quality seals, maybe.

I wouldn't worry about it as Toyota has been proactive with your car. However, Toyota along with its part vendors definitely need to pull up their socks on quality. More complaints than I would expect of an Innova on this thread. Then, there was the niggles thread (Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 12:21   #1832
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 79
Thanked: 156 Times
Default

We had our Crysta in for the final free service at 20,000km. We took the opportunity to replace all the wiper blades around the car. Other than that, the air filter was changed along with the usual oil and oil filter. Washer fluid was topped off too.

Unfortunately, someone at the dealership broke the seat adjustment handle located on top of the front passenger seat. My father and I failed to notice this until we reached home at which point we immediately called the dealership back with a complaint.

Upon arriving, we were told the price for replacing this part was ₹450, and that we would be held responsible for bearing the cost involved. I did not take kindly to this and had a bit of an argument with the service advisor. He seemed to be implying that we had broken the part on purpose. I retorted that had I wanted to take advantage of the dealership, I would have taken a hammer and broken something of more value as opposed to a stupid piece of plastic. That seemed to knock some sense into him and he went silent. Thereafter, he agreed he would take care of the issue however the part would need to be ordered in as it's an uncommon piece.

I also drove home the point that while receiving the car, he had taken the opportunity to check everything in the car and made notes in our presence. However, upon completion of the service and before delivery to us, no such walkaround was performed otherwise we wouldn't even be there. We were not even handed the keys and just told to be on our way.

In any case, we will be taking the car in once again next week when we return back to Lucknow to have the issue repaired. Lesson learned for next time I suppose.
CrippledLucifer is offline  
Old 4th March 2019, 14:43   #1833
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 375
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I had sold my 2017 Crysta AT after only 2000 kms due to some financial commitments. Last month the guy who bought it informed me that he is selling the Crysta and if I would be interested.
So I immediately accepted his offer and bought the car. The car had run 20k kms and in same immaculate condition as when I had given him.
I just did the 25k service and it cost me only 1500 for this service. Really I am happy to have my Crysta back.
Attached Images
     
jaisha8 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 15:42   #1834
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 17,178 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I just did the 25k service and it cost me only 1500 for this service. Really I am happy to have my Crysta back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Oh i think its been a year of ownership for you and you are still at 4k kms, I thought my car was clocking less miles

Attaching the bill for your reference;

Attachment 1700699
Don't know if this is regular or they have increased the prices now. My colleague got his Innova serviced - 20,000 Km and the total was 7400, I think labour charges are on the higher side. If I am not mistaken this is higher then what Ford charges for Endeavour and that too for service with semi synthetic oil.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-1.jpeg  


Last edited by Turbanator : 4th March 2019 at 15:43.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 15:50   #1835
BHPian
 
jaisha8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Trichur, Kerala
Posts: 375
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Installed a twin monitor DVD player with USB connecting it with AUX for back seat entertainment for the Surround theater effect.
Attached Images
 
jaisha8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 08:45   #1836
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 548
Thanked: 191 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I think labour charges are on the higher side.
This is still much better than charging 2430+taxes for a Swift VDi for every 30K service (30K, 60K, 90K etc).
blorebuddy is offline  
Old 5th March 2019, 17:06   #1837
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,797
Thanked: 18,360 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Don't know if this is regular or they have increased the prices now. My colleague got his Innova serviced - 20,000 Km and the total was 7400, I think labour charges are on the higher side. If I am not mistaken this is higher then what Ford charges for Endeavour and that too for service with semi synthetic oil.
Interesting, as recently i got my Fortuner serviced (30,000 km) & the bill was lower than Innova service cost mentioned by you.

Check it out;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4554188 (The Brute-Fort: My 2016 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 M/T, Now upgraded with BF Goodrich T/A KO2)
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 19:22   #1838
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,790
Thanked: 7,122 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Don't know if this is regular or they have increased the prices now. My colleague got his Innova serviced - 20,000 Km and the total was 7400, I think labour charges are on the higher side. If I am not mistaken this is higher then what Ford charges for Endeavour and that too for service with semi synthetic oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Interesting, as recently i got my Fortuner serviced (30,000 km) & the bill was lower than Innova service cost mentioned by you.
Service charge for Innova and Fortuner are pretty much the same. The service charge is slightly higher in Metro and bigger cities compared to tier 2 and 3 cities. 40K service for my Endeavour came to about 88xx. However with Toyota you have spend another 1500 for 5K interval, so roughly all 3 cost the same.Toyota app is pretty good, always "check estimate" and ask your dealer to stick to the Toyota recommended price.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 12:34   #1839
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I had sold my 2017 Crysta AT after only 2000 kms due to some financial commitments. Last month the guy who bought it informed me that he is selling the Crysta and if I would be interested.
So I immediately accepted his offer and bought the car. The car had run 20k kms and in same immaculate condition as when I had given him.
I just did the 25k service and it cost me only 1500 for this service. Really I am happy to have my Crysta back.
I have the same colour Crysta 2016 GX model (25k done). However the paint finish always seems dull and lacks the metalic glitter that your photo shows, even after a fresh car wash. Is it because of the paint quality in my particular batch (in which case I should raise this under warranty), or have you done some wax polish that gives it a glow? I dont find this issue with the other colours such as White or Grey.
contentedbloke is offline  
Old 8th March 2019, 13:40   #1840
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,790
Thanked: 7,122 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
I have the same colour Crysta 2016 GX model (25k done). However the paint finish always seems dull and lacks the metalic glitter that your photo shows, even after a fresh car wash. Is it because of the paint quality in my particular batch (in which case I should raise this under warranty), or have you done some wax polish that gives it a glow? I dont find this issue with the other colours such as White or Grey.
Garnet red color needs a lot of care! It needs regular polish, use of good quality clothes to wash and last but not least do not get it washed by unprofessional. It's almost black and has exhibits every quality of that. The color also loses sheen if parked under direct sunlight everyday.
PrideRed is online now  
Old 8th March 2019, 14:02   #1841
BHPian
 
penpavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Blore
Posts: 432
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hi Guys, happy to inform you that I bought a white Crysta 2.8 GX about a month ago. Really pressed for time so its only now I got some time to post.

Previously an Ecosport owner, having sold it and bought Polo GT, family had already started feeling the need for space when we went on long routes. Besides, my family just got bigger. So I had 2 good reasons now to need a bigger car (only for highways)

I didn't want to go for another 5 seater again. When it comes to buying anything new, I always buy the best in the business (Of course within the budget I have ). So Crysta was easiest choice here.

Some positives and negatives that I found in my 500 kms so far:

Positives:
1. Good equipment at GX trim, almost miss nothing. Very good value at this point
2. Good build, good road presence and I notice that people give you way on the road
3. Very comfortable seats and very good height and length adjustment range
4. Easy to drive. Very much car like
5. Getting about 12KMPL which I think is good

Negatives:
1. Although the ride is good, but still has some stiffness on rough roads. But consumes speed breakers and pot holes very well. However, has anyone driven the new Ertiga? That has an amazing ride. I wish ride was like that.
2. Steering plastic very hard.
3. Boring MID (VX and above its a lot better)
4. Lack luster and lethargic AT. Maybe coming from DSG I find it so
5. AT execution is not perfect. Don't have to press brake before slotting D! In fact don't think brake and gear lever are interconnected at all.
6. Very avg music system for sound quality. Turns off/on for every cranking.

I will be taking it on first long drive soon and I will update more. I am keeping the Polo since I just simply love driving it. If not for space, I would never drive anything else.
penpavan is offline  
Old 8th March 2019, 14:28   #1842
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 31
Thanked: 31 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Garnet red color needs a lot of care! It needs regular polish, use of good quality clothes to wash and last but not least do not get it washed by unprofessional. It's almost black and has exhibits every quality of that. The color also loses sheen if parked under direct sunlight everyday.
Thanks for the response, appreciate it! Any suggestion on the polish and the clothes?
contentedbloke is offline  
Old 8th March 2019, 15:12   #1843
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,790
Thanked: 7,122 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post

Negatives:
1. Although the ride is good, but still has some stiffness on rough roads. But consumes speed breakers and pot holes very well. However, has anyone driven the new Ertiga? That has an amazing ride. I wish ride was like that.

6. Very avg music system for sound quality. Turns off/on for every cranking.
Which tires did you get? Apollo offer stiffer ride compared to the Bridgestone. Also being ladder frame that is based on a pickup truck, ride is a bit unsettled when driving empty. Things improve significantly on a loaded car.

Music system is horrible. You will have to add amplifier and upgrade speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
Thanks for the response, appreciate it! Any suggestion on the polish and the clothes?
This thread has enough info which will help to keep your car clean and keep you busy for days!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...guide-686.html (A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide)
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:30   #1844
BHPian
 
penpavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Blore
Posts: 432
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hi PrideRed, I think you are right. I got Apollo and much of the 500 kms I have driven alone. Let me check next time with 4-5 people. Is there any quick fix to improve the ride? I guess lower tyre pressure ? Or do you suggest to change tyres to Bridgestone ?

Music system: don't want to install amp. Can I just replace the speakers to better ones? Would that help?

Thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Which tires did you get? Apollo offer stiffer ride compared to the Bridgestone. Also being ladder frame that is based on a pickup truck, ride is a bit unsettled when driving empty. Things improve significantly on a loaded car.

Music system is horrible. You will have to add amplifier and upgrade speakers.



This thread has enough info which will help to keep your car clean and keep you busy for days!
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...guide-686.html (A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide)
penpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 15:56   #1845
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 2,790
Thanked: 7,122 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi PrideRed, I think you are right. I got Apollo and much of the 500 kms I have driven alone. Let me check next time with 4-5 people. Is there any quick fix to improve the ride? I guess lower tyre pressure ? Or do you suggest to change tyres to Bridgestone ?

Music system: don't want to install amp. Can I just replace the speakers to better ones? Would that help?

Thanks in advance
Only practical quickfix I can think of is reducing tire pressure. Other thing which you can try is add some dead weight of say 50KG in boot-not a practical option though. That said changing driving style a bit will help, carry a bit more speed over minor undulations and you will be just fine.

Bridgestone offer superior ride and handling though they suffer in bad roads. They have softer sidewall and I lost a tire when it hit a sharp object. I would recommend you go in for 215/65 section if at all you plan to upgrade.

Speaker upgrade will offer you more clarity but you there won't be enough bass when the volume is kept low. If you are looking for extra bass, you will have to add an Amp or change your head unit.
PrideRed is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks