Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 20:42   #1861
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
How to remove the bulbs especially the ones for middle row in the z model? i cant find any directions for any interior bulb removal in the owners manual, it would really be helpful if anyone can give directions on how to change all of the in cabin bulbs

I'm assuming you mean the lights mounted above the grab handles?

It's divided into two pieces, the clear plastic cover and then the frosted plastic cover. You can use plastic trim removal tools to remove the covers. Those tools are widely available from Amazon for cheap. If not, I suggest using screwdrivers with masking tape to avoid scratching the plastic.

In any case, the clear plastic cover should come out the moment you wedge your tool. It's held on with simple clips that become undone rather easily.

As for the frosted plastic cover, insert your tool of choice into the notches provided and it should pop right off. The rest is very easy to do.

I can walk you through the remainder of the bulbs as I replaced every single one of the lights in my Crysta to LEDs. You can find the sample of my work if you look through my post history in this very thread.

Edit: Direct link to my post is available here if you're curious: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4453645

Last edited by CrippledLucifer : 25th March 2019 at 20:54.
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 15:14   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

So Innova and Fortuner will come with Beige interiors in top spec variant. Not sure if its just another option or the only option. The prices will go north by 40-50K which means on road prices will be up by around 60K!

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-ca...-12302779.html
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 15:55   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
So Innova and Fortuner will come with Beige interiors in top spec variant. Not sure if its just another option or the only option. The prices will go north by 40-50K which means on road prices will be up by around 60K!

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-ca...-12302779.html

I think this is the wrong link. It talks about Mahindra's price increase.
Iyencar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 16:23   #1864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
I think this is the wrong link. It talks about Mahindra's price increase.
Updating the right link

https://www.rushlane.com/toyota-inno...-12302487.html
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 16:29   #1865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

Thanks! The link says even the Yaris will receive a price increase in INR 10k-30k range! How on earth is that going to work for an overpriced model that is already heavily discounted?
Old 29th March 2019, 10:05   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for tyre replacement for the Crysta 16"?

Michelin does not have a 205 . They are recommending 215/55R16
Old 29th March 2019, 10:08   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Hi, you may check the Innova crysta tyre upgrade thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ghlight=Crysta (Toyota Innova Crysta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
cs_rajesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 11:39   #1868
BHPian

Quote:

I've been using Michelin Primacy SUV tyres on our Crysta. Size is 215/65/R16, ride is still comfortable and the tyres seem far more durable than the factory spec Bridgestone B390's.
Old 29th March 2019, 13:31   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

55 section will kill ride quality. You can go for 215/65 or 225/60. In stock size you can check Yokohama( I think Earth series).
Old 29th March 2019, 13:55   #1870
jav
BHPian

Quote:

I have Continental MC5 in the original size 205/65 R16.

Tread pattern looks very nice and the tyre is slightly stiffer but robust, i have recently been to Goa and the roads were terrible but tyres performed great and without any issues.

Now my old bridgestones on the rear are wearing out and this time im looking to try the new Yokohama BluEarth AE50 or the more comfortable Yokohama bluearth RV02. do let me know what tyre you opted to change to at what price you got it for so i can also decide, thanks.
jav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 23:35   #1871
BHPian

Hi everyone, my Crysta has completed 8500 kms in less than 2 months span. Mine is 2.8 GX. I am totally happy with my purchase. I am able to carry all the luggage of my extended family without compromise.

I wish to tell some observations after driving Crysta for 8500 kms.

Man what a straight line stability this vehicle has, never ever imagined such high centre of gravity vehicle to be that stable. My Cruze runs on 245/45R17, me telling this is noteworthy.

I did a recent travel from Hyderabad to Srisailam in Crysta with 6 adults and one kid. In the power mode in ghat section Crysta performed so well that I was never in need of extra power.

We even had the previous generation Innova, I like the old generation one but never loved it. It's a pure work horse, whereas Crysta is definitely impressive for me. Accepted there are some disadvantages but still Toyota badge gives me a lot of peace of mind. This is very important for me because i have a one year old kid and my parents too stay with me.

I really thank Team-BHP community and the members who have helped me to arrive at the decision to go for 2.8 GX.

Now I understand why a Toyota customer prefers to be a Toyota customer again and again.

The above are my observations and do not intend to hurt anyone.

Regards,
Pavan

Last edited by aah78 : 4th April 2019 at 01:07. Reason: Post edited. Multiple typos fixed. Please proof-read before posting. Thanks!
drpavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 12:48   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
I did a recent travel from Hyderabad to Srisailam in Crysta with 6 adults and one kid. In the power mode in ghat section Crysta performed so well that I was never in need of extra power.
I can so well relate to it. With peak torque 400 rpms away from idle and having a torque converter ( read loosely coupled with the engine during initial rpms ), 1200 rpms is attained in no time! What that means is that regardless of the speed you are driving on or the gear you are on, all you need is a light tap of the A pedal. No drama, the car just launches. I feel the vehicle to be so over powered that I rarely use those 360 Nm of torque except when on the ghats where the crysta can accelerate like a normal car on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
Now I understand why a Toyota customer prefers to be a Toyota customer again and again.
In fact, Toyotas are meant to be boring to own. Means lasts a life time and doesn't allow you to get into the mechanicals because all of them are over engineered to stay on and on. What that means is that the fun factor might not be comparable with the competition. With crysta, there is an exception with the fun factor as well because of 2 reasons.
  • It gets the engine which is originally designed to perform duty on Fortuner, Hilux and Landcruiser Prado. So, even though the engine is at a lower state of tune compared to Fortuner/Hilux/Prado, the peak torque at 1200 rpms is made possible only because it's a bigger engine with a smaller turbo.
  • Toyota just did a major engine upgrade for the Innova. Competition will catch up as years go by and Toyota will still have the same old engine to stick to their long term reliability philosophy.

This video represents the Toyota philosophy in its extreme. Even though the video is about their flagship Landcruiser and is not comparable to the innova, this design philosophy can still be seen with every Toyota on the road. -

Off topic, I found a new list of accessories on the Toyota website. Did anyone get a chance to buy/use any of them ?

1) Luggage Tray

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-luggage_tray.png

We used to have this on our Etios ( sold ) and still have it on Liva ( used by parents ). It's such a fantastic accessory to have if you transport things that can cause potential fluid spills ( Fish and other food items, farming materials ). But, on the crysta with the flexible luggage options that you have, it can cause a concern.
  • The flat floor is compromised due to the raised edges of the tray when the rear seats are folded up for luggage space extension.

2) Multi terrain monitoring system.

I have seen this on many Ford cars in the US and it's such a useful feature for new drivers. But, I'm not sure about how good the Toyota one is.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-multi_terrain_monitoring_system.png

3) Sun shade

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-sunshade.png

Legal alternative for the sun film ban. But, I still prefer the high VLT ( Visible light Transmittance ) sun films from 3m/V-Kool/Garware.

4) Side Step

While the dealers have been fixing side steps for innova owners, it was never an OEM one. Even the claimed OEM ones were originally designed for the Fortuner and not for the Crysta. Now, we have an OEM side step accessory for the crysta.

I'm concerned about the following though.
  • How much of buldge does it have from the car's width ?
  • Does it affect the ground clearance of the car ? Most of the non-oem ones does affect the GC.
  • Does it interfere with the side air bags inflating algorithm ?
  • Is it Touring sport compatible ? ( TS version have a side skirting which has to be removed before fixing any other side step available on the market. )

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-side_step.png

Also found a very interesting Thule box alternative - Rooftop Car Carrier Bag from Amazon Basics costing just 2799 INR which has very good reviews.

Even though the photos on Amazon shows it placed directly on the roof, I'll highly recommend using oem roof rails with a basket to prevent scratches and dents on the roof.

Name:  rooftop_carrier.PNG
Views: 5916
Size:  210.3 KB
Name:  rooftop_carrier_2.PNG
Views: 6531
Size:  593.6 KB

Last edited by amalji : 7th April 2019 at 12:52.
amalji is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 00:52   #1873
BHPian

Autocar India magazine says toyota has launched 2019 version of Innova Crysta and Fortuner with updated interiors https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...nterior-412248 however I read that only 3 features like perforated ivory leather upholstery, heat resistant glass and usb fast charging point, and all that in Top spec ZX and ZX AT Diesel variants only
Old 12th April 2019, 11:18   #1874
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I have driven the Innova Crysta 2.4 manual model multiple time on short and long trips as we have one in the family. This is a 2016 model, acquired soon after the Crysta was launched. The vehicle has ample power and pick up but had quite a bit of pitch an roll during mid-high speed travel.

My company uses a transport agency to drop me at the airport for my business trips and they have acquired a brand a new Innova 2.4 GX MT to do the job. What I noticed over multiple trips is that it seemed to be much more stable and rolls much less than the older Innova.

There a an irritating forwards and backwards movement you feel distinctly in the 2016 Crysta as well as a constant sideways movement as the car changes direction or speeds up/slows down. This never fails to make my children feel sick on mountain roads. I feel this aspect is considerably less in the new late 2018/early 2019 Crysta. As a passenger I can feel the difference quite clearly as I tried this back to back after returning from the airport this time in the company car and then getting a ride in our family car's back seat. The new Crysta felt almost like a mature sedan in terms of passenger ride comfort.

I wonder if there is any enhancement/improvements Toyota has made in recent times to better control chassis movements and stabilise the car?

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 12th April 2019 at 11:22.
84.monsoon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 17:25   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I have driven the Innova Crysta 2.4 manual

I wonder if there is any enhancement/improvements Toyota has made in recent times to better control chassis movements and stabilise the car?
What was your 2016 crysta 2.4 variant?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks