Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 18:42   #1921
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Can anyone suggest a permanent solution to this ?
This needs door adjustment and door setting for all the doors including dickey and bonnet

Dealers have no solution for your problem.
If you are from south Bangalore, I have definitely permanent solution.

Just diagonally opposite to RV teachers college on RV Road, there is a petrol bunk. Next to petrol bunk, there is small passage inside which there is an expert who just does only this door settings. You can contact him.

I can share his contact details if you are interested.

Edit: you need to take prior appointment before going there. You need to leave the car for 4 to 5 hours with him once you've appointment

Last edited by gkveda : 5th May 2019 at 18:46.
gkveda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 19:26   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
This needs door adjustment and door setting for all the doors including dickey and bonnet

Dealers have no solution for your problem.
If you are from south Bangalore, I have definitely permanent solution.
Oh then in that case I think I will tell the dealer to oil the rubber beadings and live with the noise as and when it makes its appearance.It's on lease plan right now after which we would be shifting over to a new car.

On a side note: Considering it's a Toyota and knowing their quality standards how could this be passed off at their quality checks?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th May 2019 at 20:08. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 6th May 2019, 10:08   #1923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Oh then in that case I think I will tell the dealer to oil the rubber beadings and live with the noise as and when it makes its appearance.It's on lease plan right now after which we would be shifting over to a new car.

On a side note: Considering it's a Toyota and knowing their quality standards how could this be passed off at their quality checks?
What is the time left for lease period, if it is beyond 1 year, I still suggest you to goto the person I mentioned and get this solved. It hardly takes 2-2.5 K for rectification. Leaving with the problem for more than 6 months for just 2 K is not justified for a petrol head

This happens to most cars based on the roads on which it is driven, the passengers, the way they shut the door, and many other factors.

I have seen people open the doors, stand on foot rest leaning on the doors and clean the top. And few, standing on the windows of the closed door to clean the car top. All these will make the hinges loose and door will make these squeaky noise.

I am not saying you have done this. But, these are the reasons why, over time, doors squeak.

Last edited by gkveda : 6th May 2019 at 10:09.
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 10:42   #1924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Replaced the company battery on mine a month ago with Bosch after 2 years and 9 months of service after two instances of requiring jump starts after a week of inactivity or so. The old battery may have soldiered on for a few more months with a trickle charger connected but I changed it anyway.
I replaced my company batter recently after 2 years and 6 months after the self starter failed on two occasions and I had to push-start the vehicle. The vehicle had just come from a 5K service where this issue was not flagged or raised (I dont know if battery check-up is part of the routine).
Old 11th May 2019, 06:43   #1925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Toyota seems to have updated the accessories for the Innova and fortuner.

There's a new "Multi terrain camera" , which seems like a 360 camera setup.

Any idea on the costs for this ?

Just wondering if anyone has gotten a quote for this. I'm very interested in having this installed on our Crysta.

Does anyone know what exactly the changes will encompass? I'm assuming additional cameras will need to be installed around the vehicle in addition to a software update for the factory infotainment unit. More curious as to where those additional cameras will be mounted than anything.
Old 14th May 2019, 16:45   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrippledLucifer View Post
Just wondering if anyone has gotten a quote for this. I'm very interested in having this installed on our Crysta.
It should be around 20k at the dealer as cost given at following site is 17xxx
http://www.sharayutoyota.com/accessories.html

1 camera in front near the Toyota logo and 2 more cameras in the OVRM should be needed, my guess they will replace puddle lamps. Also along with that software upgrade in Infotainment.

I talked to a couple of dealers in Mumbai and Pune and they were clueless about it.
abhijitvp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 08:53   #1927

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitvp View Post
It should be around 20k at the dealer as cost given at following site is 17xxx
http://www.sharayutoyota.com/accessories.html

1 camera in front near the Toyota logo and 2 more cameras in the OVRM should be needed, my guess they will replace puddle lamps. Also along with that software upgrade in Infotainment.
It is Rs. 24,067 including labour charges. I am trying to get hold of a brochure, but so far none of the dealers in bangalore could provide me that.
They seem to have different model numbers for G variant as compared to Z and V, but the price is the same. I guess the difference might be on the fitments and the features would be the same.
fluke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 21:27   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
What is the time left for lease period, if it is beyond 1 year, I still suggest you to goto the person I mentioned and get this solved. It hardly takes 2-2.5 K for rectification.I am not saying you have done this. But, these are the reasons why, over time, doors squeak.
It has been driven through all sorts of bad roads.I think the lease ends in a year or so, not very sure about it.It's not about the money,its more about the free time.My dad is usually very busy with his work and chances of taking the car there is very less.I live at the other side of Bangalore.He doesn't find the noise annoying as it cant be heard from the front seat.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th May 2019 at 22:09. Reason: quote tags fixed
Old 21st May 2019, 11:06   #1929

My 2.4V MT has completed 4500kms in 4 months. I feel that the engine and suspension components have finally settled down. Gearbox still feels rubbery though. Overall it has been a pleasant experience. Lately I have been doing 800kms over the weekends. The route is a mixture of narrow country roads, wide 2 lane roads and state highways with plenty of traffic. Here are some of my observations,
  • No rattling or odd sounds so far.
  • Overtaking is such a breeze. There is plenty of torque from 1500rpm and the car just leaps forward like a Tiger without any hesitation.
  • The steering feels heavy. I wish it was a tad bigger. You really need to put some effort while turning at any speeds. Over rough roads you can feel the pull of the steering and your arms get tired pretty soon as you are constantly fighting to keep the steering straight.
  • Straight line cruising at 100-120kmph is rock solid. The car is well planted.
  • Very negligible body roll(coming from a Xylo, this is nothing!).
  • The drive is most comfortable when there are 3-4 people on board and luggage in the boot.
  • I am consistently getting a mileage of 13.5kmpl driving in normal mode. I rarely use Eco or Power mode.
  • Missing the turbo spool whistle sound. Wastegate sound is more audible.
  • The seats on the Xylo were much more comfortable.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-1_edit.jpg

Here is a picture with my Thar CRDe. Driving the Thar after driving the Innova is like going back 20yrs.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-2_edit.jpg
KA09_BIKER_GPER is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:46   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA09_BIKER_GPER View Post
My 2.4V MT has completed 4500kms in 4 months. I feel that the engine and suspension components have finally settled down. Gearbox still feels rubbery though. Overall it has been a pleasant experience. Lately I have been doing 800kms over the weekends. The route is a mixture of narrow country roads, wide 2 lane roads and state highways with plenty of traffic. Here are some of my observations,
Shift quality will improve over time but don't expect anything like a sedan/crossover. My old Innova after completing a lakh, shift quality had improved drastically and felt very mechanical. The steering will lighten a bit but nothing drastic. I can feel the difference in my Crysta which has run 30K and other which has run 10K. Tires also have a role to play here. Which brand of tires does your car have?
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 13:53   #1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Shift quality will improve over time but don't expect anything like a sedan/crossover.
The shift quality on my Xylo was really good. The throw of the gear lever was shorter than on the Innova and gear slotting action was butter smooth. I was expecting the gear shifts on the Innova to be at least sedan like. Hope it improves over time and after I get the gearbox oil changed when its due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Which brand of tires does your car have?
Bridgestone B390 205/65/16. I assumed that a slim tire profile would make steering action easy but I was wrong. My Xylo came with 215/75/15 Bridgestone ATs which I later changed to 215/75/15 Yoko Geo AT's at 65000kms I think. The steering response was same as day 1 and thicker sidewalls made a great difference in absorbing pot holes. Sadly the Innova tires don't do so well on rough roads. Innova definitely needs a wider and thicker tire.
KA09_BIKER_GPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 16:17   #1932
BHPian

Quote:
Bridgestone B390 205/65/16. I assumed that a slim tire profile would make steering action easy but I was wrong. My Xylo came with 215/75/15 Bridgestone ATs which I later changed to 215/75/15 Yoko Geo AT's at 65000kms I think. The steering response was same as day 1 and thicker sidewalls made a great difference in absorbing pot holes. Sadly the Innova tires don't do so well on rough roads. Innova definitely needs a wider and thicker tire.
I too have shifted from owning Xylo for around 7.5 years to Innova Crysta GX. I had the same concern as you mention above. plus I found the Bridgestone B390 more of a sedan tyre than build for an MPV. Based on my past experience with the Duelers on Xylo, I looked for Duelers A/T version for the Innova Crysta too but could find H/T models only. Hence I have changed to Duelers D684 H/T with size 215 / 65 R 16 (slightly wider but one that fits the stock rims provided by Toyota ( I could not afford to exchange or buy new rims). I find the thicker sidewalls in Duelers giving me solace (especially after having heard stories of tyre bursts in past 2017 models of Crysta & Bridgestone B390) but the ride handling is affected in cities where we have to often take turns and corners. However on the highways, I find Duelers H/T perform better with good wet grip and solid straight line braking instances.
cs_rajesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:18   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
I too have shifted from owning Xylo for around 7.5 years to Innova Crysta GX. I had the same concern as you mention above. plus I found the Bridgestone B390 more of a sedan tyre than build for an MPV. Based on my past experience with the Duelers on Xylo, I looked for Duelers A/T version for the Innova Crysta too but could find H/T models only. Hence I have changed to Duelers D684 H/T with size 215 / 65 R 16 (slightly wider but one that fits the stock rims provided by Toyota ( I could not afford to exchange or buy new rims). I find the thicker sidewalls in Duelers giving me solace (especially after having heard stories of tyre bursts in past 2017 models of Crysta & Bridgestone B390) but the ride handling is affected in cities where we have to often take turns and corners. However on the highways, I find Duelers H/T perform better with good wet grip and solid straight line braking instances.
How much did these cost? I was thinking ride and handling would improve with the wider tire. Only downside should be heavier steering, which is already super heavy in the crysta. Did you consider 225/60 R16? This size appears like perfect upgrade and have also seen few Crysta running this size.
Old 22nd May 2019, 17:31   #1934
BHPian

Quote:
This picture is what troubles me. I have been seeing many Innovas without a right Reverse lamp. So, has there been an addition of a rear foglamp by Toyota, or just a deletion of the reverse lamp?
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:15   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
This picture is what troubles me. I have been seeing many Innovas without a right Reverse lamp. So, has there been an addition of a rear foglamp by Toyota, or just a deletion of the reverse lamp?

Crysta models were updated in September 2018 with the addition of a rear fog lamp among other features. Have a look here: https://auto.ndtv.com/news/toyota-fo...e-hike-1910017
CrippledLucifer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks