Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2019, 11:46   #1936
jav
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
This picture is what troubles me. I have been seeing many Innovas without a right Reverse lamp. So, has there been an addition of a rear foglamp by Toyota, or just a deletion of the reverse lamp?

The right reverse lamp has been deleted and in place is the rear fog lamp, the switch to activate it is one more click above the front fog lamp twist type switch.

i feel just a single reversing light does not get the same attention as dual, they should have kept both reversing lights and added the fog somewhere on the bumper or it could have been a reflector/fog combo
jav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2019, 15:18   #1937
BHPian

Can any Innova Crysta 2.7 Petrol AT owner confirm the performance of the car in Hill Drives with full load? I am evaluating GX AT trims. While I did get feedbacks on regular city / highway drives yet unable to get feedbacks on the said aspects. I am not worried about slower highway overtaking of the Petrol as compared to the lightning fast 2.8 Diesel AT since I prefer to maintain a sedate driving style in highways. I am more concerned about the petrol performance in hilly terrains. Seems majority of the owners have the Diesel and those who have petrol have runs limited to plain land driving mostly.

Last edited by haisaikat : 23rd May 2019 at 15:19.
Old 23rd May 2019, 19:45   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
How much did these cost? I was thinking ride and handling would improve with the wider tire. Only downside should be heavier steering, which is already super heavy in the crysta. Did you consider 225/60 R16? This size appears like perfect upgrade and have also seen few Crysta running this size.
I returned Bridgestone B390 tires at 4000 per tire and bought Duelers at 9200 per tire. Cost of tires 26000 + 1000 for wheel balancing. Yes I agree the B390 may feel easy to maneuver while driving in the city while comparing to the Duelers but i don't feel heavy steering on my crysta. I feel there is a slight delay in steering response and perhaps that is an inherent character of Crysta's steering, irrespective of the tires. The stock rims are 6J width and can hold max 215/65, whereas 225/60 may exceed reasonable tolerance allowed for upsizing tires on 6J rims.
Old 26th May 2019, 15:54   #1939
BHPian

Just changed my tyres on my 2.8 Z to 215 60 17 continental cross contact
Bridgestone B390 had run 28k in 3.5 years one had a side wall puncture and another had a bulge over a period these tyres had become hard and there were multiple fine cracks
Cabin noise has gone down and road edges aren't been felt inside now
Have a long trip planned next month will give a detailed review later
Old 28th May 2019, 09:35   #1940
BHPian

Anyone with an after-market infotainment system here? The stock stereo misses out on a lot of capabilities such as Android Auto. I'm looking at viable options of upgrade. Haven't really decided on my budget though I'm not looking at a crappy resolution. Any suggestions?
Old 28th May 2019, 12:26   #1941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGeekyLad View Post
Anyone with an after-market infotainment system here? The stock stereo misses out on a lot of capabilities such as Android Auto. I'm looking at viable options of upgrade. Haven't really decided on my budget though I'm not looking at a crappy resolution. Any suggestions?
I have had seen operated Blaupunkt Osaka in a demo/special edition Crysta and looked nice. It comes with Android auto and Apple carplay. There was also another Head unit I saw, which looked similar to stock, I was told it is android based and showroom was quoting 50K.
Old 29th May 2019, 15:07   #1942

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I have seen this on many Ford cars in the US and it's such a useful feature for new drivers. But, I'm not sure about how good the Toyota one is.
I have the video of this unit in working, but i don't know how to share it here. This can be fixed in all models currently with AV unit. It comes with 4 cameras and the cost is Rs. 25k.

The best after market AV options for Crysta is from Megaaudio and Modiber. I can share you the link for this units here:

http://megaaudio.co.in/home/80-maoe-...ta-crysta.html
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-megaaudio-.jpg

http://modiber.co.uk/product/197
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-modiber.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 29th May 2019 at 21:50. Reason: Posts fixed (typos) & merged. Please do not quote large posts entirely. You can link videos uploaded on YouTube
majopjose is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 18:09   #1943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
... Blaupunkt Osaka in a demo/special edition Crysta ... comes with Android ... showroom was quoting 50K.
Thanks PrideRed, just checked out the Osaka and it does look enthralling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majopjose View Post
Awestruck at the Modiber unit. The stats on show are pretty darn geeky. Wondering if after-market sensors are in the package for tyre-pressure check.

But, isn't it all at the expense of stock navigation pop-ups that are integrated into the MID?
Old 1st June 2019, 18:13   #1944
BHPian

Does anyone know the cost of the micro SD card which Toyota provides for maps?We lost our's during one of the service schedules.Even though it isn't very intuitive, it's very helpful in situations when everyone's phones are dead.I remember the SA telling it would cost 20k to get one if lost which I feel is rubbish.
Old 2nd June 2019, 08:53   #1945
Senior - BHPian

You might be better off downloading offline maps on Google maps

I have always found the built in navigation deeply unsatisfying.

Why cant you buy a regular sd card and copy the iso directly?
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 21:09   #1946
BHPian

Hi all, I see that there is a layer of paint (or a sticker?) on the front bumper of my car. Is this normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-mycrystabumper1.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-mycrystabumper2.jpeg  

penpavan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2019, 11:11   #1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGeekyLad View Post

Awestruck at the Modiber unit. The stats on show are pretty darn geeky. Wondering if after-market sensors are in the package for tyre-pressure check.
The sensors are also available from Modiber which can be integrated well with the HU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Does anyone know the cost of the micro SD card which Toyota provides for maps?We lost our's during one of the service schedules.Even though it isn't very intuitive, it's very helpful in situations when everyone's phones are dead.I remember the SA telling it would cost 20k to get one if lost which I feel is rubbish.
As per SA, the cost for SD card is around 9500 Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Why cant you buy a regular sd card and copy the iso directly?
Its not possible as it has serial numbers which will be linked with each HU.

Moderator's note: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2019 at 11:17. Reason: Please read the note posted above.
Old 8th June 2019, 21:31   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi all, I see that there is a layer of paint. Is this normal?
Yes this is normal indeed. Checked mine and another crysta and found it there too. Even the rear bumper has it. The pic I took was with flash hence the poor quality,but still u can see a thin layer.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190608_192627513.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 8th June 2019 at 21:49. Reason: Corrected quotes
TSIVTEC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 20:58   #1949
BHPian

I have a query regarding Innova crysta accesories, have been given a standard pricelist of all dealer supported accesories and seems for many of them with a nominal premium they are offering insurance coverage too with Toyota Protect insurance even for exterior accesories like roof rails, chrome trims, etc. They are even offering EMI upto 5 years on accesories at more or less same rate as car loan's as from the list I could make up that total cost of all accesories will be to the tune of 2 lakhs.

Nevertheless, my question is some of the prices which are all quoted inclusive of installation and taxes seem to be on higher side from my Hyundai background. Posting a few for references, suggestions and comments welcome

Side visor with chrome 6350
Side visor without chrome 4151
Chrome rear licence frame 4621
Rear bumper step guard 5226
Side P mould chrome 17028
Front lower grill garnish 5188
Scuff plates 4 pieces 4164
Roof rail silver 10993
Rear bike protector aluminium 8722
Mud guard 3037 (black)
Seat Cover Art Leather (8S) Dual Tone Gx Grade 28200
Seat Cover Fabric (8S) G Grade & Below 13236
Wooden Panel ( Z Grade AT) 7405
Leg Room Lamp ( App Based ) 7985
Security System With Alarm 9528
Fog Lamp With Fitting Kit 12152
Chrome Door Handle Cover ( G Grade & Below ) 4781

My additional question, does anyone know if the fabric seat cover better in feel than art leather?

Also the foot lamp app based, can I be controlled using the head unit and is it dimmable?
Old 9th June 2019, 23:03   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
Yes this is normal indeed. Checked mine and another crysta and found it there too. Even the rear bumper has it. The pic I took was with flash hence the poor quality,but still u can see a thin layer.

Attachment 1883155
Thanks so much. Relieved to know. I was suspecting some coverup job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks