Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 23:15   #2011
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 278 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Dropped my Crysta for 60k Kms Service today.
Picked up the car from service few days back. 60k Service bill was ~15k. For the first time, they have suggested me to use Synthetic Oil and I obliged with that. Also replaced one of front wiper rubber. Both the AC and Air filters are replaced along with the oil filter. Also is it recommended to decarbonize the engine every 10k Kms? Overall, happy with the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
If you can please post the picture of the calipers (both sides) before they put the wheel on so that we can see if there's any visual difference. Also share the part numbers of the rotors and the caliper; if its a new design the number will be different or if it is just a change in metallurgy in original design the number would be the same. I hope this fix works well for you and if the parts are indeed new I will get them changed at my own cost since my vehicle is now out of warranty.
Sankar, Attaching the pictures of the discs and calipers. I dont have the part numbers handy, will share once I get them from the SA. From what the SA told me, these are of the same design used in the new Fortuner. The new discs are also 2 MM thicker than the previous one (28mm to 26mm, IIRC).

The SA did show the old design of the discs on another Crysta, parked next to my vehicle and to my naked eye, it did look different. But then, I am no expert in this and will leave it to you guys to confirm that.


Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontright_outside1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontright_outside2.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontright_inside1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontright_top1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontright_back1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontleft_outside_1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontleft_outside_2.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontleft_outside3.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontleft_inside1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontleft_top1.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontleft_top2.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-frontleft_back1.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 20th August 2019 at 17:12. Reason: Images inserted in-line.
samabhi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2019, 23:41   #2012
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 5,133
Thanked: 5,390 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Sankar, Attaching the pictures of the discs and calipers. I dont have the part numbers handy, will share once I get them from the SA. From what the SA told me, these are of the same design used in the new Fortuner. The new discs are also 2 MM thicker than the previous one (28mm to 26mm, IIRC).

The SA did show the old design of the discs on another Crysta, parked next to my vehicle and to my naked eye, it did look different. But then, I am no expert in this and will leave it to you guys to confirm that.
Samabhi, thanks for sharing the detailed pics and i hope this new kit works well for you, in my experience the shuddering reduces a lot but will return after few thousands of kilometers if braking heavily. The part nos will be in the invoice, just share the two part nos appearing against caliper and the rotor.

The old discs are also 28mm thickness (i had measured my partially worn old discs for a vendor abroad, iirc the usable min thickness limit for this rotor is 26mm, thats why the brake skimming is only done once per rotor) so there is no change in thickness. The caliper also is not like the one in Fortuner, the SA may not be aware of that, both old and new fortuner gets a bigger 4 piston caliper against Crysta's single piston unit.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2019, 00:19   #2013
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 278 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Samabhi, thanks for sharing the detailed pics and i hope this new kit works well for you, in my experience the shuddering reduces a lot but will return after few thousands of kilometers if braking heavily. The part nos will be in the invoice, just share the two part nos appearing against caliper and the rotor.

The old discs are also 28mm thickness (i had measured my partially worn old discs for a vendor abroad, iirc the usable min thickness limit for this rotor is 26mm, thats why the brake skimming is only done once per rotor) so there is no change in thickness. The caliper also is not like the one in Fortuner, the SA may not be aware of that, both old and new fortuner gets a bigger 4 piston caliper against Crysta's single piston unit.
Thanks for the confirmation Sankar. I will be driving to Hyderabad this week and can confirm, if this helped in any bit.

Strangely, they have not mentioned anything about the part nos of rotors or calipers or pads in the invoice. Just a note that these have been changed under warranty. I will followup with the SA and get those part nos.
samabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 12:54   #2014
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Noida/New Delhi
Posts: 517
Thanked: 1,033 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Does anyone have the 3D Maxspider mats on their innova? I have the OE textile mats but they get dirty and i would therefore like to have the 3D mats put. Been seeing the 5D/7D mats online but they just do not look as classy as the 3D mats. Any pictures would be of great help! A big thank you in advance!

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2019, 15:33   #2015
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BLR
Posts: 26
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Does anyone have the 3D Maxspider mats on their innova? I have the OE textile mats but they get dirty and i would therefore like to have the 3D mats put. Been seeing the 5D/7D mats online but they just do not look as classy as the 3D mats. Any pictures would be of great help! A big thank you in advance!
Awesome timing! Over the weekend, I installed KMH's 5D Leatherette footmats and boot tray for my Crysta. It has outstanding fit and finish and gels very nicely to the plush interiors of the Z model. It is also very easy to clean, as I observed from yesterday's rain in Bangalore. The best part is, it has velcro type material underneath the leatherette material which sticks to the OE carpet and this gives it a solid feeling.

I was never a fan of 3D/ 5D mats and was a vocal proponent of noodle mats, but now am a convert. While it easily "digested" the dirt and liquid spills, it used to float around the floor and appeared "used in" very quickly. It felt utilitarian and not plush. Hope this helps.
mug:mush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 17:48   #2016
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: city
Posts: 19
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

hey guys, any dashcam recommendations for the Crysta? I'd been using a cheap one i got ages ago for my older car and want to get a decent one for the Crysta.
NoMan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 19:39   #2017
BHPian
 
atlantis0965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chennai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hello
I have finalised a Innova touring sport ( red) diesel AT . Carried out a cursory inspection today and was surprised to see that there are now 4 rear parking sensors . Also the vehicle comes shod with Bridgestone Turanza Tyres ! The vehicle is July -19 manufactured ; no discounts ; (considering that I wanted this particular variant I suppose) ��
I have opted for the 360 degree Multi terrain camera system :₹24500
Underbody coating :₹4500
Confused regarding the rear bumper guard ; could anyone please suggest one !
Thank you .

Last edited by atlantis0965 : 20th August 2019 at 19:40.
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 22:46   #2018
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMan47 View Post
hey guys, any dashcam recommendations for the Crysta? I'd been using a cheap one i got ages ago for my older car and want to get a decent one for the Crysta.

I recently got KENT Cam Eye dash cam. Pretty good features with a mobile app from where you can do almost anything. The grouse is the camera resolution is not good enough to capture the number plates of vehicles around clearly. Cost me about 18k.
bimbrahw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 06:59   #2019
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Delhi
Posts: 81
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
I have finalised a Innova touring sport ( red) diesel AT .
Confused regarding the rear bumper guard ; could anyone please suggest one !
Thank you .

Congrats on your buy. You will love the car. Regarding the rear bumper guard, I have gone in for the TGA one which costs about 10k at the dealership.

Also read yesterday Toyota is launching the 9 inch touchscreen for the Crysta just before Diwali. Would come loaded with Apple Car Play & Android Auto and rid us of the grouse of offline maps in current unit. Eagerly awaiting launch to replace the current unit with that one. Any guesses on the pricing ?
bimbrahw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 08:40   #2020
BHPian
 
atlantis0965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chennai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Congrats on your buy. You will love the car. Regarding the rear bumper guard, I have gone in for the TGA one which costs about 10k at the dealership.

Also read yesterday Toyota is launching the 9 inch touchscreen for the Crysta just before Diwali. Would come loaded with Apple Car Play & Android Auto and rid us of the grouse of offline maps in current unit. Eagerly awaiting launch to replace the current unit with that one. Any guesses on the pricing ?
Hello
Thanks ; yes I did enquire about the bumper guard you are referring to ; but I am worried the kink at the ends would foul the sensors; anyways will probably leave it as it is for now .
Well that would be a welcome change if they do decide to upgrade the HU . Will enquire with the dealer and update after taking delivery .
atlantis0965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 09:22   #2021
BHPian
 
haisaikat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 127
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
Thanks ; yes I did enquire about the bumper guard you are referring to ; but I am worried the kink at the ends would foul the sensors; anyways will probably leave it as it is for now .
The TGA bumper bike guard does not interfere with the sensors, I am using it and parking sensors work perfectly fine with 3 level of distance indicators.

I want to tell you that installation of the multi terrain monitoring is a good decision and that is true boon managing the edges and sides of the car in close situations. I am using it and can vouch for it for 24k. I will post my detailed impressions soon. Just one area of improvement is the side cameras cannot see in the dark

Last edited by haisaikat : 21st August 2019 at 09:24.
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 12:27   #2022
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Thane (W)
Posts: 23
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMan47 View Post
hey guys, any dashcam recommendations for the Crysta? I'd been using a cheap one i got ages ago for my older car and want to get a decent one for the Crysta.
I've built an app for the same with some enhanced features for which, all you need is an internet enabled (optional) Android device (preferably with a good cam) and the Dashmate app (it's not on the Store yet).

What shows up right off the bat is that apart from shooting photos and videos and having them sent over to your phone (presently using Bluetooth) at the touch of a button, it also let's you track your car remotely from your phone.

WiFi P2P for media transfer and remote image capture are on their way. I'm not yet permitted to post images so if you'd like to know more, drop a line.
theGeekyLad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 12:39   #2023
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Thane (W)
Posts: 23
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Congrats on your buy. You will love the car. Regarding the rear bumper guard, I have gone in for the TGA one which costs about 10k at the dealership.

Also read yesterday Toyota is launching the 9 inch touchscreen for the Crysta just before Diwali. Would come loaded with Apple Car Play & Android Auto and rid us of the grouse of offline maps in current unit. Eagerly awaiting launch to replace the current unit with that one. Any guesses on the pricing ?
For all you know, it's Toyota and one can safely assume that it'd be an expensive upgrade. Logically speaking though, for anyone looking for anyone looking for an upgrade, the new OEM headunit should be the safest resort considering its tight integration with the CAN bus and since all controls would be factory mapped with the steering wheel buttons. Nonetheless, would dealerships help in upgrading the crude units on the current Innova?
theGeekyLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2019, 18:29   #2024
BHPian
 
atlantis0965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chennai
Posts: 170
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
The TGA bumper bike guard does not interfere with the sensors, I am using it and parking sensors work perfectly fine with 3 level of distance indicators.

I want to tell you that installation of the multi terrain monitoring is a good decision and that is true boon managing the edges and sides of the car in close situations. I am using it and can vouch for it for 24k. I will post my detailed impressions soon. Just one area of improvement is the side cameras cannot see in the dark
Hello
Thank you , did not know about the side cameras operation in the dark. will check it out. The dealer was smart to have it installed in the TD vehicle and it was an instinctive choice. In fact I asked about the possibility of front parking sensors too since even the Yaris has them and the showroom accessories manager said they are pushing for procuring same for the crysta too...
Regarding the bumper ; how many rear parking sensors does your vehicle have ?
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2019, 09:32   #2025
BHPian
 
haisaikat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 127
Thanked: 174 Times
Default Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
In fact I asked about the possibility of front parking sensors too since even the Yaris has them and the showroom accessories manager said they are pushing for procuring same for the crysta too...

Regarding the bumper ; how many rear parking sensors does your vehicle have ?
Front parking sensors are nice to have when you are already having multi terrain monitoring where you can gauge some distance using front camera view. Otherwise for those who does not have camera at front if the turn on the headlights in the dark the light on the obstacle at the front does help in guessing the free space at the front.

I have two parking sensors only at the back, works fine for me as I have a tight spaced Garrage.

On the MTM I think you will need to get used to the front corners of the car as to how they are displayed in the image, but definitely this is an advantage in maneuvering the car without scratches in those tight situations be it while taking turns in parking or ramps or even in the traffic in narrow streets, it has saved me with this big car consider I came from a hatchback only driving experience for 12 years.
haisaikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta sridhu In-Car Entertainment 101 3rd September 2019 13:34
Replacing our 2 lakh km Innova - Toyota Innova Crysta vs Ford Endeavour icyspikey SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s 31 16th May 2017 18:48
Toyota Innova Crysta @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 879 17th June 2016 10:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks