Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 10:17   #2026
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post

I have two parking sensors only at the back, works fine for me as I have a tight spaced Garrage.
Hello
Exactly ; which is why I am having my doubts regarding fitting of the additional rear bumper guard since the vehicle I am getting has 4 !

Also do they affect the other sensors such as the ones for airbag deploying ?
Old 23rd August 2019, 09:13   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
Exactly ; which is why I am having my doubts regarding fitting of the additional rear bumper guard since the vehicle I am getting has 4 !

Also do they affect the other sensors such as the ones for airbag deploying ?
I think sensors are calibrated to sound beeping ignoring the proximity of the bumper guard . But don't take my word for it, if the TD vehicle has this guard installed with 4 sensors try parking it and see if the sensors are picking it up. In my opinion of the side facing the sensors on the guard has absorbing finish the sensors will not interfere.

Regarding air bags, I believe the relevant sensors are at the front and not rear for my GX, but if you have ZX with side airbags please check this with dealer once.
Old 26th August 2019, 10:51   #2028
BHPian

I have not found a thread to ask this query so am writing on this one. Mods may delete if inappropriate. I have an Innova Crysta 2.8ZX. It has the captain seats at the back which I find very comfortable and do not feel any need to change. However on occasion, as I have two large dogs, I find the need for a rear bench. Is there any place in Blr that offers a custom solution that allows for a small stool like seat to be placed exactly between the two captain seats at the back thereby making it a bench? This need not have a back rest but just the base.

I know that the above would render the seat movement (front-back) and the arm rests pointless and is also unsafe but the same is not meant for long distances or for use by humans and where there is a need for a seat belt. Of course, when used by people, this "device" would be removed and the seats used as per original spec.

Thank you.
Old 26th August 2019, 11:14   #2029
Senior - BHPian

You will have to come up with a make shift solution but its doable.

Just go to any local car seat builder and tell him what you need and they will build one for your requirement. I know a few who have got elbow rests made for the front seats in their cars in a similar way.
Of-course local members would be able to guide you better in terms of where to find the seat builders in your city.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 11:32   #2030
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanam View Post
Of course, when used by people, this "device" would be removed and the seats used as per original spec.
Thank you.
Any kind of stool/seat made with metal or wood will have to be bolted down to prevent dislodging under heavy braking. Easy removal type might be difficult to make.
I would recommend going to a local sofa maker and getting a wedgeable cushion with some hard foam and durable cover custom made.

Cheers
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 11:55   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Any kind of stool/seat made with metal or wood will have to be bolted down to prevent dislodging under heavy braking. Easy removal type might be difficult to make.
I would recommend going to a local sofa maker and getting a wedgeable cushion with some hard foam and durable cover custom made.

Cheers

Thanks gthang. This makes sense. Bolt on doesn't work as it may void the warranty. So a wedgeable cushion makes sense.
Old 26th August 2019, 12:00   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanam View Post
I have not found a thread to ask this query so am writing on this one. Mods may delete if inappropriate. I have an Innova Crysta 2.8ZX. It has the captain seats at the back which I find very comfortable and do not feel any need to change. However on occasion, as I have two large dogs, I find the need for a rear bench. Is there any place in Blr that offers a custom solution that allows for a small stool like seat to be placed exactly between the two captain seats at the back thereby making it a bench? This need not have a back rest but just the base.
Visit JC road and almost all major accessory shop have this in stock. They are mostly available in black and brown rexine material. Costs about 700-800 rupees. Car Shringar in lalbagh had both colors. Nandi Toyota in Museum road also has this as an option but costs a whopping 15K as they claim this to be made of genuine leather and better materials.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 21:52   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Visit JC road and almost all major accessory shop have this in stock. They are mostly available in black and brown rexine material. Costs about 700-800 rupees. Car Shringar in lalbagh had both colors. Nandi Toyota in Museum road also has this as an option but costs a whopping 15K as they claim this to be made of genuine leather and better materials.
Hello
Yup my dealer here in Chennai (Lanson) too is offering a similar add on accessories for abt 4k . Available only in black and black/brown combo
Point to note though is that it was a perfect fit between the captain seats and was fabricated taking into consideration the fold away cup/bottle holders at the sides of the captain seats.
Old 27th August 2019, 18:09   #2034
BHPian

Guys, I was using Google Maps and charging the phone at the same time the other day and sadly the discharge rate was more than the charge rate. Is there an option to install a fast charger for your phone in Innova Crysta Z? I have an IP7+

Cheers!
drive_angry
Old 28th August 2019, 11:44   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post

Thanks. I did go there yesterday. I opted for the more premium one which is similar to the Nandi Toyota one. Costs close to 5K but its well worth it as it is made well, the shade is an exact match and there is a cut out for the cup holder for the seats. Some pictures attached. the shade may seem different in the photo but thats because it was taken in a basement parking lot in low light with a cellphone camera.

Fits perfectly and same shade:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-4.jpg

With the arm rests down:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-3.jpg

Seat front and rear movement not affected:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-1.jpg

Thank you to all who provided suggestions. This suits my purpose eminently. It is also easily removable when needed.
vanam is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 13:07   #2036
BHPian

Just completed approximately 25 months with our 2.8 Z.
Had to replace a dying battery last week and now this!
The buttons have literally fallen off the climate controls.
This is apart from constant brake vibration issues which are corrected by disk skimming at every service and a lot of rattles from the hood and dash since the 3rd month which have not been corrected till now.
They really don't make them like they used to.

P.S.: even though I had extended warranty Toyota refused to replace the battery outright and we had to pay for it our of pocket.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190828_151458.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190828_151502.jpg  

Last edited by mkaysaw : 29th August 2019 at 13:10. Reason: Had to pay for the battery.
mkaysaw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 13:48   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
Just completed approximately 25 months with our 2.8 Z.

They really don't make them like they used to.
Whats the odo on your car? My touring sport is also of same age but appears to be brand new after 2 years. Will battery be replaced on extended warranty? I didnt know that.
Vulken Auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 13:52   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Whats the odo on your car? My touring sport is also of same age but appears to be brand new after 2 years. Will battery be replaced on extended warranty? I didnt know that.
Odo reading is appx 55k. Battery had to be paid for by us.
Old 30th August 2019, 10:01   #2039
BHPian

Hello
Is any one using the "7D" type mats on their Innova Crysta ? AT vehicles to be more specific?
If so I would like to know how exactly the mats look near the Accelerator and Brake pedals?
I had tried out a set yesterday and found that the accelerator was not getting fully depressed and touching the mats. The seller is saying that it is "normal" and that "these models are very popular now"
Could someone confirm this ? I am not sure if it was a defective set without the proper cutout for the pedals of course. The seller is saying that this is the first time such a complaint is being raised !
I for sure did not want them even though they look beautiful !
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 10:56   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
Is any one using the "7D" type mats on their Innova Crysta ? AT vehicles to be more specific?
I installed KMH's 5D Leatherette foot-mats on my Z AT 2 weeks ago. Its a great fit and doesn't interfere with the AB pedals. I just returned from a 2.5K drive around TN and KL and it performed very well. Do look into adding a boot tray as well since it compliments the foot-mats rather well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks