Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2019, 11:03   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hi Folks,
Anyone here has experienced the 2.4 Touring sport edition with the 6 speed MT? My friend was looking for a brief review and he's not able to get a test drive in Bangalore.

Cheers
L
Old 30th August 2019, 11:40   #2042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hi Folks,
Anyone here has experienced the 2.4 Touring sport edition with the 6 speed MT? My friend was looking for a brief review and he's not able to get a test drive in Bangalore.

Cheers
L
That is Toyota's paper only model. From what I heard only handful of dealers across country have sold this version. Most of the Touring Sport have been 2.8 variant. I have been looking for a review of same, but have found none so far.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 12:34   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Hi Folks,

Cheers
L
I have seen it and also drove for a small distance. The only difference btw 5 speed & 6 speed is the slick shifting gear box with short throws. You can google for IMT intelligent manual transmission toyota offers out side india for further feedback. My take is, if you really want a manual in crysta and looking for a touring edition go for it. Even fortuner manual has a IMT tech gearbox i think.
Vulken Auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2019, 12:49   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
You can google for IMT intelligent manual transmission...
The Touring Sport version of the Innova crysta offers the iMT? Is it the same geaebox as the Fortuner? He's test-driven both the Fortuner MT and the Innova MT.

Cheers
L
Old 30th August 2019, 12:57   #2045
BHPian

Yes touring sport innova has 6speed IMT. You can check brochure for the same. Attached is a screen shot from toyota india website for the same. IMT is a technology where ecu rev matches for smooth shifts.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-screenshot_20190830125224_samsung-internet.jpg  

Vulken Auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 16:21   #2046

Re-posting from Ice-upgrade section on this forum as i have gone through all post related to my problem in both "Ice upgrade section" and "Upgrade OEM Car Audio using DSP" and still could not find any solution..

@Mods, if re-posting on another thread warrants penalty, please remove this post.

Hi Folks,

Need some help here :

I have recently purchased a Toyota Innova Crysta 2.4Gx and felt to upgrade ICE to suit my taste. After going through the discussion on this forum, it seems that there are 2 options for HU and multiple options for rest of the set up:

1. Upgrade the HU and pair it with nice components
2. Stick with OE HU and pair it with an amplifier and components
3. Stick with OE HU and install a DSP to not only improve the quality of sound but also act as a small amplifier

I decided to go for 3rd option and started a DIY project but quickly realize that it may not be as simple as thought it to be (clearly overestimated my ability in this case). Further, i could not find any precedence of someone trying the same and hence decided to go to a know shop in Delhi. The guy did try to set it up the way he must have done in many cars of different brands (with stock HU) except Toyota, but somehow the results in my case were below average or rather poor. Since it got late in the evening, we decided to left the installation in as it is condition to be completed next weekend.

Other Information:
# I have already bought and installed Rockford prime R165s components on all four doors.
# DSP installed was Pioneer DEQ S1000A
# Adding an amplifier or a sub was left to be decided after initial installation

My question is :

1.Can someone here guide me about the wiring set up of DSP with Stock HU of Innova (Pics and experience will help immensely)?
2. What would the best position to mount tweeters on Front : A pillar or Door itself (I have not installed them till now). Middle row components are on installed door itself since i could not find any other suitable place.

Kindly note that i have spare 1000w decent amplifier carried over from my last car (Almost 10 Yr old but still sound good) which is not used at all in current setup. I still have the flexibility to switch for HU upgrade and amplifier set up with or without DSP since the shop keeper is a known friend and has no issues in taking back DSP if we don't get the quality music from current installation.

Please Suggest.

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd September 2019, 17:48   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmaverick View Post
3. Stick with OE HU and install a DSP to not only improve the quality of sound but also act as a small amplifier
Hi SJMaverick,
I have a 2.8Z and i have upgraded the Audio as follows:
1. Hertz Comps in front
2. Boston coaxials in rear
3. DD Audio 5.1 channel Amp
5. DD Audio Woofer
6. Mosconi Gladen 4 to 5 channel DSP.
Quote:
1.Can someone here guide me about the wiring set up of DSP with Stock HU of Innova (Pics and experience will help immensely)?
1. I have not touched the OEM HU as i have heard complaints of dashboard rattling if u fiddle with it, or get wooden inserts installed. i rerouted the wires from door panels to the DSP and then from amp back to the door panels. it is an easy procedure and fuss free. using this setup since 2.5+ yrs. now. you can contact me via PM if you need any pointers or help.
Quote:
2. What would the best position to mount tweeters on Front : A pillar or Door itself (I have not installed them till now). Middle row components are on installed door itself since i could not find any other suitable place.
2. As for the Front Tweeters, you can install it inside the Pad opposite to the ORVMs on the inside, stock tweeters are there and can be easily replaced, I used a glue gun to keep it in place.

Few more Pointers:
1. Glove box can be easily removed to bring in Amp wire from the engine bay.
2. you’ll need a Makeshift remote wire, my amp had an intelligent remote option, n my DSP borrowed a wire from that. Since your Amp is 10+ year old, I doubt that’ll be the case. you can borrow a wire from a fuse box behind the glovebox using wiretap. HUs power supply runs from there. i am using it to power my DashCam.
3.the plastic Pad on the left of Glovebox and the plastic panel on door sill can be easily removed. after that you can remove the floor carpeting and run all wires from under there to hide them and route them easily.
4. Make sure you get a Basic Soundproofing done/DIY. Makes the SQ substantially better
Lego28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 18:40   #2048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
Hi SJMaverick,
I have a 2.8Z and i have upgraded the Audio as follows:
Thanks Lego28, not sure why i could not come up with this simpler way of installation. I will get back with feedback post re-work.

Thanks once again!
Old 5th September 2019, 09:59   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego28 View Post
. i am using it to power my DashCam.
Hi
Can you please let me know how you have routed the power cable until the dash cam ?
Some pics if possible .
Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:06   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
Is any one using the "7D" type mats on their Innova Crysta ? AT vehicles to be more specific?
If so I would like to know how exactly the mats look near the Accelerator and Brake pedals?
I had tried out a set yesterday and found that the accelerator was not getting fully depressed and touching the mats. The seller is saying that it is "normal" and that "these models are very popular now"
Could someone confirm this ? I am not sure if it was a defective set without the proper cutout for the pedals of course. The seller is saying that this is the first time such a complaint is being raised !
I for sure did not want them even though they look beautiful !
I am using AutoForm made 7D mats, no issues so far, they took 2 week to manufacture for.my chosen color trim (Burgundy with silver stiches) and send to the outlet of dealer. Here are the pics, I am not facing issues with pushing padels down in my regular city drive or even during the last highway drive to Puri. But yes I did not try comparing without the mats in place. This costed me around 9.5K.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190814_151805.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190905_223236.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190814_152023.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190814_152049.jpg  

haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:21   #2051
BHPian

Hello Haisaikat
Many thanks for the photos; yes seeing the photos and your review I am now actually wondering as to how the mats are not hindering the pedal movements. I of course did not drive around in them and I too had to wait for at least a week to get them stitched in the colours matching the black and red of the touring sport version ;but somehow I found it uncomfortable having them beneath the pedals !
atlantis0965 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 14:03   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
I am using AutoForm made 7D mats, no issues so far, they took 2 week to manufacture for.my chosen color trim (Burgundy with silver stiches) and send to the outlet of dealer. Here are the pics, I am not facing issues with pushing padels down in my regular city drive or even during the last highway drive to Puri. But yes I did not try comparing without the mats in place. This costed me around 9.5K.
I got 7d mats for 4500 In Delhi.Also, mine are the same colour as yours but have colour coordinated brown coir mats instead of black.
I got them off the shelf and not custom made.Will post pictures.
caraholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 15:51   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto View Post
Yes touring sport innova has 6speed IMT. You can check brochure for the same. Attached is a screen shot from toyota india website for the same. IMT is a technology where ecu rev matches for smooth shifts.
What?! I'm surprised that Toyota offers the iMT variant in India. Total shocker to me! Also, I'd never even heard of the 6-speed MT box on the Crysta.
Old 17th September 2019, 04:56   #2054
BHPian

Folks has anyone experienced speedometer showing more speed than actual on the Crysta? From last few weeks I have been observing on GX AT 2.8 that below 100 kmph the meter shows 5-8 kmph more than actual speed, verified this by Google maps, speed cams on road that flash speed, different phone models. The difference becomes as much as 10 kmph post 100 kmph mark. The calibration is accurate with my old Getz.

Earlier I thought it maybe due to this
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ate-speed.html (Speedometer calibration: Government says that vehicle should overstate speed)

But then wondering that I have 16 inchers while top model comes with 17 inchers option so can it be that this 5% difference in radius and circumference of tyres may be causing the calibration problem?

Thoughts welcome. Also any chance to rectify this?
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 07:17   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Folks has anyone experienced speedometer showing more speed than actual on the Crysta? From last few weeks I have been observing on GX AT 2.8 that below 100 kmph the meter shows 5-8 kmph more than actual speed, verified this by Google maps, speed cams on road that flash speed, different phone models. The difference becomes as much as 10 kmph post 100 kmph mark.
But then wondering that I have 16 inchers while top model comes with 17 inchers option so can it be that this 5% difference in radius and circumference of tyres may be causing the calibration problem?

Thoughts welcome. Also any chance to rectify this?
I have noticed this with my car too.It's a 2.8Z with the 16s.One of the only reasons I was not very keen on taking delivery with the 16s was this reason.I too am not sure but mostly think it's more due to the size difference.

For reference I get a ride back from tutions every alternate day and that car has the 17s and the speedo on that is more realistic say about 2-3kmh difference whereas mine shows a 10kmh difference always.I feel the 17s are badly needed on the 2.8 especially during the rainy seasons . where the 16s struggle with traction.
TSIVTEC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks