Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2019, 12:18   #2071
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3.5 years & 54000Kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Completed 3 and a half years and about 54000Kms so far. This is the list of customisation I have done and got done on the vehicle. The order is not chronological, most have been done atleast an year ago.
So.... When are you going to sell the Innova

Not a big DIY person, so would be awesome to buy one from a worshipper like you who knows what he is doing.

Have been following your ownership journey from the start, especially when we had booked a 2.4 GX (had PMed you for the alignment, brake issues at that that time, you did put my worries to rest).

Unfortunately had to downgrade to an Etios due to financial issues (and the fact that during PDI, there was a VX by the side of our booked one and a ZX pearl finish with whitewalls parked bang opposite it, made Dad have second thoughts)

Your mods validate my belief that the Innova Crysta feels like a blank canvas, especially the 2.8. Thanks to the fact it's a global model sharing parts with other IMV models. Cant say the same for the Hexa, which though had me gobsmacked with its ride quality and slushbox should be left alone in stock for obvious reasons.

Cheers and may you add more KMs to the highway warrior.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 13:23   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetracer_919 View Post
Did you check with your dealership about any replacement Brake kit (New model rotor and caliper) ?
Yes i did, mine is the new caliper and rotor set which was replaced foc under warranty in 2018. They have changed the rotor and pads twice foc under warranty and third time they put the new caliper, rotor replaced brake fluid also. Currently the vehicle is on this third set. Problem resurfaced thousands of KMs later but it is not as severe like with older rotors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
So.... When are you going to sell the Innova
Whenever the upgrade to electric car happens

Quote:
Your mods validate my belief that the Innova Crysta feels like a blank canvas, especially the 2.8. Thanks to the fact it's a global model sharing parts with other IMV models. Cant say the same for the Hexa, which though had me gobsmacked with its ride quality and slushbox should be left alone in stock for obvious reasons.

Cheers and may you add more KMs to the highway warrior.
Global engine (Innova, Fortuner Hilux, HIace, LC Prado) and global transmission (add couple of north american models to above list) has bestowed the Crysta with a truly global powertrain system. For me it is of great importance. I only wish the Crysta had global brakes too.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2019, 23:21   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3.5 years & 54000Kms

Quote:
This has been the most awaited (by me) and as I type this it is on the way, the brake upgrade. A set of aftermarket rotors and pads are enroute and I hope these fit If it does, it will resolve the one and only complaint I have with Toyota regarding the Crysta.
Brake upgrade done, testing yet to be done.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4669983 (Brake Upgrade for the Toyota Innova Crysta)

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th October 2019 at 11:43. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Inconveniences small screen users.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 22:48   #2074
BHPian

Hello! Brought home a Garnet Red 2.8 AT GX on 30 Sep. It was manufactured on 29 Aug. Was initially looking at the Grey manufactured in Sep, but due to delay in transit (as per the showroom), took the red. And actually, it did surprise us. The colour looks swell, but the maintenance might be a pain. I did sway towards the Petrol 2.7, but even the dealer wasn't interested in promoting it. Add to that, no test drive either plus the condition of full payment. Took the 8Seater. Planned to go with a 7Seater but the bench seat felt more suited for my requirement.

A bit of a background.. I had a Skoda Yeti 4x4 and also have a Micra CVT. The Yeti and I had some fun drives since 2011 and I felt supremely safe and cocooned in it. It never let me down or left me stranded except for battery failures every 2.5 years. Was quite reliable. But slowly, needs changed. My family grew and the Yeti wasn't fitting well, though I still say and agree that it is all the car one would ever need. I literally moved half a house while relocating to a new premises. I finally parted way with my steed in August, soon after it completed 8 years and 70K on the ODO. As expected, let it go for peanuts. I saw the Ertiga and the XL6 too. I had test drives of both and my family thought the XL6 was fine. But somehow the auto box didn’t appeal to me. I got this close to buying it before dropping the idea. Maybe if it had a better auto box, things would have been different now. I did also think of waiting until April 2020 before the new purchase. But then things moved differently and I got Crysta’d.

Absolutely no discounts or freebies. I could only manage the fabric mats and the mud flaps. Additionally, I took the fog lamps and the rear view camera fixed near the number plate. For those alone, it cost ₹20,300/-. Pricier but then, I guess it’s better to get it done at the dealer. Camera is quite decent and clear during day or night. But it does tend to get smudge or dirty quite easily. It had all other required creature comforts - Touchscreen ice, steering mounted controls, cruise control, lane change indication, and et al. Glaring omissions include the lack of intermittent speed control on wiper stalk(seriously?!), door open warning lights, auto up/down on all windows, glove box lamp, auto dimming day night IRVM and a rear fog lamp. My Yeti was a 4x4 Ambiente version and being the base model at its time, it had all these features and more including tinted glasses. I felt pampered with the Yeti and it’s hard not to compare both vehicles. Heck, even my Micra XV has the wiper intermittent speed control. I didn’t get the footsteps. Thought would buy the new ones, but even the dealer was honest enough to say it’s not really required since it may hinder with the GC on full load. The only person in my family who has a problem with getting in is my elderly mother. She’s short and manages to get in the front without a problem. But the back seats are difficult for her. We are managing temporarily with a stool if she needs to get in the back.

I have driven about 300 Kms now. All in city, rush hour traffic, smooth roads, broken bumpy ones, small by-lanes, everything. The auto box takes care wonderfully while I look at everything else. I used Eco mode in the beginning but over the last 200 Kms I have only used Normal mode. The difference in mileage isn’t perceptible at all, but the way the engine sounds or shifts happen, it’s way better in normal mode. NVH also is quite different when in normal mode and I really enjoy my drive. No rattles as of now (touchwood). For about 250 Kms, the mileage stayed between 9.5-10.5 kmpl. It now has started to move up a bit more and is staying around 12 kmpl. I feel it’s quite a decent figure for a vehicle it’s size.

Planning to get the door lamps and glove box lamp installed at the dealer when I go for the first service. I’m not sure if they will oblige but would definitely want to try.
Vhruday is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 23:40   #2075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhruday View Post

Planning to get the door lamps and glove box lamp installed at the dealer when I go for the first service. I’m not sure if they will oblige but would definitely want to try.
Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy the beast. To preserve the garnet Red try doing either the paint protection quote every quarter or 6 months or the more costly ceramic coating. Regarding the lights, I got the side lights under door installed on all 4 doors by the dealer, its actually an accessory of the fortuner and comes with the wiring harness too along with the Toyota logo projection lamps, same size as that of Innova.

But the dealer turned down the glove box lamp saying it's not only difficult to custom fit but also wires and installation kit do not come ready made with the lamp
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 11:03   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhruday View Post
Hello! Brought home a Garnet Red 2.8 AT GX on 30 Sep. It was manufactured on 29 Aug. Was initially looking at the Grey manufactured in Sep, but due to delay in transit (as per the showroom), took the red. And actually, it did surprise us. The colour looks swell, but the maintenance might be a pain. I did sway towards the Petrol 2.7, but even the dealer wasn't interested in promoting it. Add to that, no test drive either plus the condition of full payment. Took the 8Seater. Planned to go with a 7Seater but the bench seat felt more suited for my requirement.

A bit of a background.. I had a Skoda Yeti 4x4 and also have a Micra CVT. The Yeti and I had some fun drives since 2011 and I felt supremely safe and cocooned in it. It never let me down or left me stranded except for battery failures every 2.5 years. Was quite reliable. But slowly, needs changed. My family grew and the Yeti wasn't fitting well, though I still say and agree that it is all the car one would ever need. I literally moved half a house while relocating to a new premises. I finally parted way with my steed in August, soon after it completed 8 years and 70K on the ODO. As expected, let it go for peanuts. I saw the Ertiga and the XL6 too. I had test drives of both and my family thought the XL6 was fine. But somehow the auto box didn’t appeal to me. I got this close to buying it before dropping the idea. Maybe if it had a better auto box, things would have been different now. I did also think of waiting until April 2020 before the new purchase. But then things moved differently and I got Crysta’d.
Congrats and all the best with Garnet Red. Come monsoon and here in Bangalore its a white elephant! However in my hometown during summer its shines quite nicely and not too difficult to maintain. I got 3M coating from Toyota and has helped to certain extent. That said the glitter when clean makes up for the effort. Invest in good polishes/washing clothes.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 15:57   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congrats and all the best with Garnet Red. Come monsoon and here in Bangalore its a white elephant! However in my hometown during summer its shines quite nicely and not too difficult to maintain. I got 3M coating from Toyota and has helped to certain extent. That said the glitter when clean makes up for the effort. Invest in good polishes/washing clothes.
Thank you! Not white, but a Red Elephant! In Hyderabad, it’s so dusty that one trip in the city and the car is coated with a proper layer of fine dust. I’m rather leaving it that way until I go to 3M than get those dreaded swirls. And yes, that glitter is what surprised us. Looks amazing when clean and in good sunlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy the beast. To preserve the garnet Red try doing either the paint protection quote every quarter or 6 months or the more costly ceramic coating. Regarding the lights, I got the side lights under door installed on all 4 doors by the dealer, its actually an accessory of the fortuner and comes with the wiring harness too along with the Toyota logo projection lamps, same size as that of Innova.

But the dealer turned down the glove box lamp saying it's not only difficult to custom fit but also wires and installation kit do not come ready made with the lamp
Definitely is a beast when in Power mode. Settled into a good driving position soon. Love how people with their high beams on in the opp direction make way Don’t miss the LED projectors much.

I will check with my dealer if they can do those lights for me. Thanks for the tip!
Vhruday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 03:14   #2078
BHPian

Completed 3000 KMs last week with my Innova Crysta 2.8 GX in just over 2 months. This is in continuation of my earlier post (Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review) on this thread regarding delivery. The first servicing has been done and I am awaiting the 2nd servicing at 5000 KMs. The car has been absolutely fantastic in defining the manners of the road. I take this opportunity to pen down a few lines regarding my overall experience so far.

The Delivery
We were timely to reach the Topsel Toyota (Ruby) dealership on the date of delivery, of course I had visited the dealership once a few days before the delivery to inspect the accessory fitment progress. Within a matter of hour and half the formalities were completed and the car was ready for delivery as per their projection. There were several officials beyond Kapil and Abhirup from Sales of Topsel Toyota who interacted with me explaining their role in Sales and Service chain and inspected the car and assured the best of their services. They did one final check of the car, asked the fuel to be topped up, gave some tips of good maintenance and did casual light interaction on my choice and what I felt could have been better. They took a picture of the key hand over and gave it back in an instant photo frame. I received a leather folder for keeping car documents, a drum of cookies and a cup set as gift to sweeten the experience along with a Toyota Keychain. Not to mention the mudflaps became free. In no time I set forward in the new machine with wife and kid. One thing I liked is their punctuality, they stick to their estimates a great deal.

We stopped next at the accessory showroom (Roadstar) to get the after market accessories fitted and then headed for the Lake Kalibari Temple to perform the puja rituals and went on for the city tour before calling it a day

The Accesories
Listing down the accessories I got installed as otherwise it very barebone

From the Dealer
  • 4 Corner Bumper Protector
  • Rear Bike Protector
  • Paint Protection and AntiRust
  • Fog Lamps
  • Multi Terrain Monitoring system
  • ORVM Chrome
  • Outside Door handle Chrome
  • Door edge protectors
  • Inside dash and door wooden panels
  • Silver Trim line on Dash
  • Toyota Projection Lamp as Puddle Lamps on 4 doors
  • Basic Rubber Floor Mats

Note: I did not opt for side foot steps and for elders like my mom when they travel for the ingress into the 2nd row I prefer to keep a small stool and utilize as required. I also could not persuade the dealer to install the Glove Lamp, they said there is no connection.

From Roadstar (thanks BHPian IndiaSierra for the reference)
  • Front Grill Chrome Size Garnish
  • Window outside chrome line trim
  • Door chrome beading
  • Luggage Door Lip Guard with reflector
  • Autoform 7D Floormats

From Amazon
  • Rear Chrome Strip Mustache Garnish

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191013_212038.jpg

The accessories that need special mention and receives praise quite often are as below

The Multi Terrain Monitoring (MTM) clubbed with the default parking sensors
I must admit, this is by far the best utility accessory I spent my money on. The 4 cameras (GX does not even have rear view parking camera by default) at 4 strategic positions on the car gives a very good Bird Eye virtual perspective of the car and although they are not perfect 100% yet the utility they offer in gauging the corners of this car is outstanding. I have used them to come out of many tricky and close situations without a single scratch at the obvious blind spots of such a big car. Be it a congested roads with carekess bikers / pedestrians on both sides or rickshaws with their side axel jutting out or even on a ramp while going up or down around the turns / curves or even very narrow rural roads this MTM has saved the car from scratches and the Parking sensors together complements one another. Wish if all of its cameras came with night vision, I find that a problem especially on the sides as there are no aiding lights unlike the front and rear. Otherwise the good part is that due to the mounting positions, the side cameras operate even with the mirrors closed.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191013_210822.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190915_155613.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20190915_155620.jpg

The 7D Floor Mats
It took 2 weeks almost from ordering to delivery for the Autoform Floormats to arrive based on our choice of color, covers every corner until 3rd row but does not extend to the trunk. The installation is done actually by fixing velcros to dual side 3M tapes at the bottom of the mats so that they snap to the carpet below and then you can take in / out the top removable black mat layer for cleaning. Fit wise great except a few tricky rounded edges like near the floor in front of the doors but that is acceptable. One point to remember is that the non removable part should be mild wet wiped at least once a month depending on the usage as there are dust accumulation that can be noticed with time . But the premium styling this adds to the cabin is outstanding.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191013_212133.jpg

The Tints
VX onwards from 2019 there is heat rejection glass but nothing comes in GX. So had to go for tints although the AC is pretty capable of cooling the cabin. But where the tints ace are in offering comfortable window seating without getting burning sensation on hands on those scorching days. Also when the car is parked in the sun the tints help to shed off pretty 4-6 degrees which is a lot. I got Lumar AIR80 on the front and PP70 on the sides, left out the rear as the defogger lines can interfere and warranty issues may arise. The guys from Lumar whom I know over 10 years from the Vkool days did a decent job. They did a new kind of fitment on the sides where there is a very thin gap left between the film border and the window glass pane border making it almost un-detectable for anyone standing next to the window with panes down to notice this minuscule gap.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191014_033651.jpg

Logo Projecting Puddle Lamps
Utility wise they are average, but adds a very much attention grabbing element to the car. I was sold on it hence although my requirement was for normal puddle lamps only as in VX. The dealer had initially refused to this installation but I was so adamant of having either this or the glove box lamps they finally recommended to go with these which are Fortuner accessories and since the model of the bulbs is similar to that of what Innova fits this can be compatible. Moreover these come with the connection assembly kit making them suitable for installation in variants like mine which does not come with default puddle lamps or even their internal connections.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20191011_111706.jpg

Door Edge Protector and Door Chrome Beads
I have a "not so wide" garrage and these protectors jointly seem adequate for 90% of the situations in protecting the doors from grazing with the walls when opened. The beads in chrome does add to styling otherwise.

The Rear Bike Protector
Its a psychological protection from my own experience, I have seen people with 2 wheelers apply more caution for bumpers with protectors like this than bare ones. My 2 cents, this works more by its appearance than actual physical protection although it does offer that.

I have insured the Rear Bike Protector, MTM and Fog Lamps separately with Toyota through their accessory insurance scheme.

Servicing
I will mention about the first service experience along with the second service once that happens.

The Drive and Handling
I think for average height plus sized folks like me the steering position grazes my legs while ingress and egress to the Driver Seat. Not sure if this is just me but I may have to experiment with this a bit more. The steering otherwise gives very confident feel and grip of controlling the car on the road. My previous car the Hyundai Getz also had Hydraulic Steering so I am loving the same on this car. Yes I would agree that cornering at high speeds is not confidence infusing added with softer brake bite but I am no racing car driver either.

The suspension soaks road undulations with ease but makes you aware that the car was driven over undulations especially if they are big ones. Also the approach angle and ground clearance together does wonders on taking the car over those nasty craters on roads found in few places, I can say this is a bridge car between an MPV and SUV. The suspension is a sensitive area in relation to right tyre pressure. 33/34 PSI is good all terrain pressure but some roads work better with higher tyre pressure especially the ones that have mini potholes where the tyres does not enter them fully just slide over. Otherwise so far with moderate abuse the suspension is working nice and dampens jerks due to road undulations to a good extent.

Have done only a single 1000 KM+ roadtrip but rest has been mostly city commutes. City commutes have been mostly made in Eco mode and is flawless with the automatic gearbox. I do not see much difference in Eco Off (normal) mode on the performance. At open stretches of road on single lane overtake situations the Eco mode satisfies most situations yet the Power mode has been an absolute stunner and my ego saviour in some cases.

As I have said in an earlier post, no one has ever survived the wrath of the power mode, except an Ecosport Diesel who gave tough competition but ran out of breadth at 160 / 165 Km/hr and one Merc E Class it is better one no doubt. The power delivery on single lane highways is adequate for most overtakes and in many cases I am given way, call it the Crysta respect. But yes some resistance mostly from the 1.2s and 1.5s which I usually ignore but if I am in hurry its not that difficult to tame them with the Power mode. Even on highways many of them run out of breadth at 130 / 140 and that is where the Crysta aces. The power build up from 120 onwards is also as quick as the 80 - 100. Again I seriously condemn rash driving and always recommend to stick to official speed limits, this is just for stating the capabilities. One more observation, if there are at least one adult at 3rd row plus some luggage in boot or 2 full adults in 3rd row the power mode works better and you feel that nose dive upwards while engaging the throttle, may be the rear wheels in RWD gets more traction this way which pays off in sharper throttle response.

The Gear System
The automatic gear has been an absolute relief in all terrain driving. I have not driven any DCT which are much spoken for quick shift responses but if as per claims the TC in Crysta is a tad slower to respond we can easily make up for it by creating distance with the front vehicle and then tap on the pedal to have enough time and room to build up the speed and peek out of the lane to overtake. The only thing I read somewhere is that in stop and go traffic not to put the gear to Neutral very often rather keep the foot on brake to restrict the vehicle from creeping ahead, otherwise there will be more wear and tear of the gear system which is costly, probably brakes will be cheaper to replace just in case of added wear. Need to validate this though. Suggestions welcome.

Cabin Comfort and Convenience
The cabin comfort is top notch especially with following aspects.
The AC is super chilling and it has been really few days in heat of Kolkata where I did not have to turn up the temperature even with occupants in all seats. I have put Lumar AIR80 on the front and PP70 on the sides though which also contributes partly to this.
The Seats even in the 3rd row with the recliner is a big advantage and with front seats pushed back all the way and middle seats pushed forward all the way there is enough leg room to move around in both second and third rows for medium build folks like me. In many cases people have fallen asleep in the 3rd row. The adjustable head rests in all seats have added to this as well. I have not yet put seat covers, but they will definitely be fabric, cannot give away that comfy cloth feel to art leather or pure leather.
The cooled glove box and the in-dash cup holders
They do a pretty good job of cooling things inside and I enjoy the cold drinks and water kept inside the cooled glove boxes the best. The In-dash cup holders also help in a great way, if the AC vent is redirected toward them a cup of cold drink can be kept cool for longer at ease.
The music system
The output is pretty decent, I know a lot have complained about the inadequate output but for someone like me who has audiophile grade stereo and home theaters at home, I can say either Toyota has upgraded the setup in this June 2019 edition or others have rock high expectations. Its not a Harmon like in some of the Tata line ups but for a default Head Unit and Speakers this is pretty decent, yes may be in car of this budget we could have expected things to be even better. Note that the acceptable listening level is 20 - 26 and the volume can go up to 55 / 60 which is pretty fine.
Other things
The Phone Call management, Sunglass holder, ample bottle holders around in doors, armrest compartment, space below the dash charging points give ample option to store a lot of things, pretty handy for long trips. Also the blue dash illumination actually looks great at night.

Mileage
Mileage has been around 8 KM/litre mostly in city and 10.5 overall where highway mileage is 13-14, at this point not that much bothered about mileage and not going to sue Toyota like Jeep

Some concerning areas
  1. There is a left pull in the car if i hold the steering straight, gets reduced with tyre pressure adjustment but creeps up after the reaching 40 -50 KM/hr may be when the tyre starts heating up. I have also observed at times the left tyre pressure at the front is 1/2 psi lesser than the right. I took this to the Workshop once and after a test drive with me they said that since the steering is not turning to left on its own while driving if left untouched this may be due to road undulations. I have to get back to them again in some other way. Wonder where is the quality control for a 2 million rupee product. Any suggestions welcome here.
  2. The speed meter shows 7-10 KM/hr more than actual speed as tallied against GMaps on navigation and the police installed speed meters which flashes your speeds. Told this to Toyota they said that its not possible and I should try measuring distance traversed to verify if that is accurate. I am yet to measure that but somehow I feel there is some glitch somewhere but want to get this corrected by Toyota. I did come across a thread earlier in TBHP that manufacturers are asked to overstate speed but since I have caught this, to me this is a product issue and must be rectified.
  3. The Car Infotainment system is very very primitive at least 7-8 years older technology. It cannot read most modern video formats and only MPEG-2 and MP3 as widely available video / audio codec recognized, although Bluetooth Audio works flawlessly and comes to the rescue. Most modern DVDs may not work, audio works fine, but the video remains blue. I am yet to get a hit on getting the right DVD format. VCDs did not work either and I read from Manual that iPod video also works but I am no fan of loading videos into the iPod Classic 3rd Gen that I have since 2007 using the ever boring iTunes for format conversion.

So the only option I resorted to was the MirrorLink for seamless mobile and apps connectivity including the missing Navigation on the GX Head Unit. But it does not work no matter what Samsung Galaxy series I try to connect. The manual says Galaxy S3 which I did not get anywhere to try but modern Galaxy series like S8+ or even A7 or A70 from Samsung which have Mirrorlink enabled did not work. The phone on getting connected detects being connected to Mirror link device and screen goes blank with resizing but the Mirror Link on the head unit never becomes enabled.

Becoming frustrated I wrote to Toyota and they recommended to consult with the dealer, so I called them immediately and got an answer that "MirrorLink is not enabled in India", I was not convinced so emailed the VOC desk about the response on the same email chain, they said will escalate to Toyota and get back, waiting for 2 weeks on the same. Will follow up soon. If this does not work, will think about swapping the head unit but not immediately, my main missing aspect is the navigation and for now getting to use the right cup holder to keep the mobile phone in GMaps mode as a stop gap option. I read on other threads about using a dedicated Nav device and the pain of manually updating maps into it once a quarter, so I think that GMaps is more convenient for me and hence no investing in a Nav unit at this stage.

Thats all for now, more updates later.

Last edited by haisaikat : 14th October 2019 at 03:39.
haisaikat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 08:49   #2079
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
[list=1][*]There is a left pull in the car if i hold the steering straight, gets reduced with tyre pressure adjustment. after a test drive with me they said that since the steering is not turning to left on its own while driving if left untouched this may be due to road undulations.
That's a nice review, perhaps you should have your ownership thread

I will agree with workshop, it's not uncommon for the vehicles to pull little left, you can either try driving in the middle of a single carriageway whenever the situation allows or find out a closed section somewhere and drive on the other side. Alternatively, take a Test Drive Innova from the showroom and compare.

Regarding the speedo error, some other members have also complained, easiest will be to match with some android apps. What tyre size are you running - 16 or 17?

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th October 2019 at 08:55.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 19:54   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Is there a innova crysta facelift on the cards? or at least any significant update in terms of ICE (9inch with apple carplay/android auto support?!)? Also when is the BS 6 version expected?
Old 18th October 2019, 17:08   #2081
BHPian

Guys, need a quick help, on one of my recent trips, slip Indicator light come up on my dashboard. I tried to toggle it by TRC button provided on the dashboard but it stays permanently on. Any idea to why this has happened?

Mods: I tried to upload a pic of the same but the app is not allowing me to do the same
Old 20th October 2019, 11:37   #2082
Senior - BHPian

Dust in airbox

I would suggest keeping a check on the airfilter of your Crystas and Fortuners and check for any light coating of dust on the top half of the filter housing and the MAF sensor. Yesterday I opened the airbox of my Crysta to check the condition of the airfilter and saw that there was a coating of fine dust on the filter lid ie., the top half of the box which is supposed to be clean. The coating of dust was also on the MAF sensor which in my opinion was more than the usual amount I am used to seeing in other vehicles.

Crysta and Fortuner both 2.4 and 2.8 Diesels and the 2.7 Petrol model uses the same airfilter box and element so its applicable to all.

I have taken the BMC filter out of storage and have put that in, let me see how this fares against the stock paper filter. If I see less dust on the inside of the lid and MAF it stays otherwise will be going back to original for the meantime.

This is a known issue (Australia: Toyota admits fault with air-intake system of 2.8L diesel engine) I suggest reading this and the opinion of a filtration expert here.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th October 2019 at 11:42.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 23:47   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That's a nice review, perhaps you should have your ownership thread

I will agree with workshop, it's not uncommon for the vehicles to pull little left, you can either try driving in the middle of a single carriageway whenever the situation allows or find out a closed section somewhere and drive on the other side. Alternatively, take a Test Drive Innova from the showroom and compare.

Regarding the speedo error, some other members have also complained, easiest will be to match with some android apps. What tyre size are you running - 16 or 17?
Thanks for the kind words. I have tried with NH roads too with pull evident. And per my observation this appears after the first few KMs, probably the heated up tyre cause the problem more. Is it possible one tyre is getting heated more because of some alignment problem? Getting past the initial scrutiny of Toyota seems a pain as unless the steering turns by itself if left free while driving they do not consider this problem.

The other problem on speed I have matched with Google maps only and it shows more or less fine on my i10 but is there any other more reliable app? Yes i have 16 incher.

Quote:
I have taken the BMC filter out of storage and have put that in, let me see how this fares against the stock paper filter. If I see less dust on the inside of the lid and MAF it stays otherwise will be going back to original for the meantime.
Thanks for the heads-up. Can you post some pictures of the problem, or the replaced filter in place? Pardon my limited knowledge of the car internals, having this picture will help me identify this myself. How much ks your average daily run and is something as dusty as the image in the links you shared, seems to be some real bad road or desert area.
Old 25th October 2019, 14:13   #2084
BANNED

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-toyotainnovafacelift2020.jpg

SRK's speculative rendering of the upcoming Innova Crysta's mid-cycle update.

OT: Respects to you sir, you churn out beautiful renders time and again.

Source: IAB

Last edited by wheelguy : 25th October 2019 at 14:14.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 17:51   #2085
BHPian

I believe only Z variant has ESP/Roll-over mitigation.
Owners of G/V variants: Have you felt anytime uncomfortable without ESP? This is one concern I have before going ahead with 2.8G.
Another question is how good is the braking ? I have not found any data comparing braking distance of Crysta vs other vehicles. TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks