Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2019, 12:41   #2131
BANNED

Fixed!

Yesterday evening the service advisor from Toyota called and the Crysta is now ready for delivery. They had promised to deliver the vehicle within this month and have kept their word They have also sent the final bill was sent to Royal Sundaram and it will take a few more days.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 21:45   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Any updates on the BS6 Crysta? My dad is sold on the Crysta and I am really not finding a valid alternative to suggest. The purchase is not urgent but I feel its time to trade in our SX4 for something bigger and more seats. Apart from the Crysta I cant think of a single car that can be a good long term keeper, say for a time period of 10 years or so since the running will be less and the car should be able to serve us with utmost reliability. So currently we are in the evaluation stage on the next course of action. If the BS6 version is about to arrive and is going to get more expensive, then I was thinking its a good idea to buy the BS4 version now. So any news on the BS6 or the current status of offers on the existing stock would be helpful.
Old 26th December 2019, 15:44   #2133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Any updates on the BS6 Crysta? So any news on the BS6 or the current status of offers on the existing stock would be helpful.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ings-open.html (Scoop! Toyota Innova Crysta BS6 bookings open)

I believe this is because of the KIA Carnival launch early Next year.
Old 27th December 2019, 23:46   #2134

Hello guys. Any members here changed Crysta shocks to Bilstien/Tien/Ironman?
Old 28th December 2019, 16:21   #2135
BHPian

Dbhpian @shankar's crysta is running with Bilstein B6 dampers
tikku.dk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 15:46   #2136
Distinguished - BHPian

One question regarding the Diesel AT - When I let go of the accelerator, the engine begins to idle and the car coasts. I observed this at least at lower city traffic speeds. Is this true even at higher speeds? If so then does the engine drop to idle speeds even when I am doing 100 and let go of the A pedal?
Old 4th January 2020, 16:21   #2137
jav
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
One question regarding the Diesel AT - When I let go of the accelerator, the engine begins to idle and the car coasts. I observed this at least at lower city traffic speeds. Is this true even at higher speeds? If so then does the engine drop to idle speeds even when I am doing 100 and let go of the A pedal?

4th Gear and above the torque converter locks and the car behaves essentially just like a MT and the revs don't drop, in city the idle coasting happens more in normal mode and you can feel slight engine braking in eco mode when the accelerator is released

Last edited by jav : 4th January 2020 at 16:24.
jav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 12:11   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Innova Crysta BS6 launched, as I predicted lower variant will cost about 60K more for diesel and 35K for Petrol. What's more interesting, Toyota will not produce 2.8 Auto and instead 6 speed auto box will be made available with 2.4. Also surprising that the prices vary according to model. I expected the price hike to be constant irrespective of variant. The prices are introductory.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...RHjicfqpJmjemI

Quick Summary
Innova Petrol prices hiked by 35-65K
Innova 2.4 Diesel price hike in range of 60K-1.3L
Touring sport price hike of 40K-1L.
No more 2.8 Auto
6 Speed Auto now available with 2.4.
No other mechanical and cosmetic changes.

Last edited by PrideRed : 6th January 2020 at 12:16.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:51   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Innova Crysta BS6 launched, as I predicted lower variant will cost about 60K more for diesel and 35K for Petrol. What's more interesting, Toyota will not produce 2.8 Auto and instead 6 speed auto box will be made available with 2.4. Also surprising that the prices vary according to model. I expected the price hike to be constant irrespective of variant. The prices are introductory.
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...RHjicfqpJmjemI

Quick Summary
Innova Petrol prices hiked by 35-65K
Innova 2.4 Diesel price hike in range of 60K-1.3L
Touring sport price hike of 40K-1L.
No more 2.8 Auto
6 Speed Auto now available with 2.4.
No other mechanical and cosmetic changes.
Also the ZX variant used to be priced at around 22.3 l and so while trying to make the Crysta BS6 compliant they decided to replace it with the smaller engine. Not that the 2.4 is a bad engine but my assumption was that the premium was for the 2.8 l motor. So with that gone, the effective price hike is bigger no ? Toyota now has bigger margins on the innova.

And if they are not making the 2.8 BS 6 compliant, will the prospective fortuner customers be happy ?
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 15:19   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Also the ZX variant used to be priced at around 22.3 l and so while trying to make the Crysta BS6 compliant they decided to replace it with the smaller engine. Not that the 2.4 is a bad engine but my assumption was that the premium was for the 2.8 l motor. So with that gone, the effective price hike is bigger no ? Toyota now has bigger margins on the innova.

And if they are not making the 2.8 BS 6 compliant, will the prospective fortuner customers be happy ?
With BS6, price difference between MT and AT has gone down from 1.4L to 1L. 2.8 is undoubtedly superior engine but 2.4 is not slow(or bad) either. I am guessing conversion of 2.8 is going to cost lot more, which is why Toyota has given this engine a miss in Innova. When Toyota launches BS6 Fortuner, I would not be surprised if prices are hiked by 3Lacs.
Old 6th January 2020, 16:19   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
With BS6, price difference between MT and AT has gone down from 1.4L to 1L. 2.8 is undoubtedly superior engine but 2.4 is not slow(or bad) either. I am guessing conversion of 2.8 is going to cost lot more, which is why Toyota has given this engine a miss in Innova. When Toyota launches BS6 Fortuner, I would not be surprised if prices are hiked by 3Lacs.
The cost for the upgrade to BS6 would be similar considering both are 4 pot motors. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
The only probable situation where there would be major differences in cost is if the 2.8 l motor is a lot older than the 2.4 but I doubt that to be the case as if it was extremely outdated then Toyota would have given it a miss. Also the Crysta did not have a 2.4 with the AT so its difficult to compare.
Old 6th January 2020, 16:35   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Innova Crysta BS6 launched, as I predicted the lower variant will cost about 60K more for diesel and 35K for Petrol. What's more interesting, Toyota will not produce 2.8 Auto and instead 6-speed auto box will be made available with 2.4. Also surprising that the prices vary according to the model. I expected the price hike to be constant irrespective of variant. The prices are introductory.
Looks like whether the BS 6 will clean up the environment or not, will literally clean up your wallet! Toyota is milking the customer as much as they can to extract every ounce of mileage from the Innova Crysta brand name!
Looks like we are looking like "Crazy Rich Indians" to Toyota!

Last edited by navin : 6th January 2020 at 17:04. Reason: removed expletive
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 09:36   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also surprising that the prices vary according to model. I expected the price hike to be constant irrespective of variant.
I guess, that's because the engine is downgraded for the automatic variants. So, the price increase for automatic will not be as much as for the manual.

As a matter of fact, the ex-showroom price difference between Touring Sport Petrol and Diesel for manual is 2.74 lakhs ( translates to 3.29L OTR ) whereas for the automatic, the price difference is only 2.04 ( translates to 2.45L OTR ) lakhs. There is an 85000 INR price difference between the change in price for Manual vs Automatic for the same variants.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 11:56   #2144
BHPian

While purchasing my Touring Sport diesel, 2+ years ago, was told by the sales associate that for automatic variants the engine needs to be more 'powerful' and hence 2.8L was justified over 2.4L, which was for manual transmission (MT).

With this change in thinking from Toyota, would the 2.4L engine for Automatic Transmission (AT) be sufficient? For current 2.8L AT Innova Crysta owners; the feel good factor would be that they have a larger engine equivalent to a Fortuner. Of course they'll get a negligible lesser mileage than the newer 2.4L AT variants.

Question I have is, are 2.8L AT better for ownership in the long run compared to 2.4L AT engines for a vehicle as big and heavy as the Innova / Fortuner or it really does not matter?

Or is it on personal preference only - some people may like the roar, torque and pulling capacity of a larger engine, while others may want slightly higher mileage and do not care much of a lower capacity engine.
Old 12th January 2020, 10:01   #2145
BHPian

This weekend completed 20K scheduled servicing of my Touring Sport. The 20K service involved additional service items such as, air condition filter change and wheel alignment & balancing along regular oil and filter change, topping up fluids etc. Was very happy with the servicing and Toyota had my vehicle ready in 2.5 hours. I inspected the interiors along with the engine bay and the job done was A class.

I did ask the Service Advisor about updates to stock Toyota software maps and he said that none so far. It has been 2 years since I rolled out my Touring Sport and Toyota has not updated their maps since. Of course, I use google maps on my mobile so no issues, but it does surprise me that Toyota has not provided any map updates for so long. In summary, the 20K servicing of my Touring Sport was done well. The running of my vehicle is not much, as the odometer read just little above 16K, but the vehicle did complete 2 years, so it was the 20K servicing package. I did think the final bill charges were a bit high of around Rs. 9K but that did include the 2 additional costs mentioned above, which were informed to me and approved beforehand.

During this time, I also took the opportunity to talk to a Sales Associate about the upcoming BS6 Innova Crysta. He did confirm that the regular Crysta including the Z models will come with 2.4L BS6 compliant engine, for both MT & AT. When specifically asked about the Touring Sport model, he did not have any concrete updates from Toyota to share. He did confirm that the Touring Sport will be continued but did not have updates on pricing. I also asked him if Toyota was giving any special discount to clear current Innova Crysta BS4 stock. He said that the BS4 production had stopped and there are no vehicles available for sale. Until last month there was approximately Rs. 20K discount, but this month no discount. If a customer requests a BS4 Crysta the dealer would need to put in a request and order one and it would be shipped only if there was stock availability at the Toyota factory. So, no discounts so far, this month on BS4 Innova Crystas.

He also informed me that next month the Toyota sales associates including managers and supervisors would go through a ‘special orientation / training’ to be proficient in answering BS6 related customer queries including pricing and road-map ahead. I also asked him for academic purpose, the pricing and road map for BS6 compliant Toyota Fortuner, but he said no specific updates have been provided by Toyota on this yet.
geotracks is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed