Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2020, 16:46   #2221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Though this might fit in the "Official Jokes Thread" just as well, I thought it best to post it here. You guys will appreciate it more.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-797352dc45ee4a57b00b2e7f881fa098.jpg
samaspire is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 17:46   #2222

Post COVID purchase: Innova Crysta Gx/ Zx auto fair price?

Thanks in large part to the excellent Innova Crysta review authored by GTO/ Rehaan; my interest in this workhorse MPV was piqued. I'm at a stage where I'm looking at a long-term ownership which handles my bi-weekly commute between Mumbai-Nashik, and the occasional road trip from the home base of Mumbai to the likes of Rajasthan or Karnataka.

I need some help in deciding on:
1) a fair price for the Crysta Auto Transmission version (which limits it to either the Gx or the Zx varian), and
2) whether an upgrade kit cuts it, or the ~6 lakh premium in the new 2.4 variants between Zx and Gx is worth it

Note that I have read this excellent thread and greatly learned from the ownership experiences of the participants. I haven't seen a contemporary pricing example post COVID, so I'm asking my question via this post (please re-direct me if I've missed a thread, folks!).

So for Question 1 - I'm getting a quarter-end discount on some dealer inventory here in Mumbai - they're offering a flat 75k cash discount, which I'm told is pretty good for the usually un-discounted Toyota Crysta house models. But then again, we live in a post-apocalyptic world where incomes and economies have been hit very hard, and so perhaps this is just a sign of deeper discounts to come? So should I hold off and wait, or do the BHPians think this is a good price to close out at? Do guide me, seniors....

As for Question 2 - As others have commented, the 7 air-bags are probably the biggest reason to upgrade to the Zx. While the trims in the Zx are very nice - from the nav system, interior touches, Climate Control and a dozen other touches - I'm loath to spend the extra 6 lakhs on this. The dealer's offering an interiors' upgrade package for 70k, which should adequately transform the interiors to my taste, including touches like wood paneling and faux leatherette seats, reverse cam etc. What are your thoughts?

Excited to learn from the folks on this forum. Thanks in advance!
i.milapsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 22:15   #2223
Senior - BHPian

Re: Post COVID purchase: Innova Crysta Gx/ Zx auto fair price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.milapsan View Post

1) a fair price for the Crysta Auto Transmission version (which limits it to either the Gx or the Zx varian), and
2) whether an upgrade kit cuts it, or the ~6 lakh premium in the new 2.4 variants between Zx and Gx is worth it
75k cash discount on Innova is great. Toyota used to pass these mostly in Nov-Dec time-frame. What will happen in future? Well, we can only speculate, you never know, there might be no discounts due to supply constraints orToyota might reduce price(unlikely). If you have planned to buy, I will take 75k discount and buy right away.
Previously difference between GX and ZX was huge, however Toyota has been acting on customer inputs. Remember how most reviews criticised base version for lack of features? The current GX is quite loaded- gets touch infotainment, hill start assist, Stability control, 3 airbags, parking sensors, alloy wheels, cruise control and what not. The only major thing I would miss from ZX are the 7 airbags. Climate control, push button, leather seats are nice to have but don't justify the premium. Personally I would pick up GX but if you need 7 airbags go for ZX.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 23:02   #2224

PrideRed - that's great advice, and much valued. Thanks much.
Yep, you've just reinforced my hunch, and I'll run with the GX. I see a couple others who've managed to get some nice touches through off-market upgrades, and I think that's a sensible way to "plush up" the interiors :-)

OMG! 20.6 Lakhs on the road is a great price for the Crysta Gx Auto - well done!

I'm wondering what I'm missing here....the calculation offered by my Mumbai dealer, and post discounts, comes to ~ 23.4 lakhs. What am I missing? Does the "3+3 luxury insurance cover" at 1.77 lakhs put things over the top? The Mumbai registration taxes? The 25k extended warranty? I don't get it.....

Last edited by SDP : 29th June 2020 at 00:23. Reason: Please edit original post instead of posting back to back posts. Kindly revisit the forum rules
Old 29th June 2020, 10:21   #2225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm wondering what I'm missing here....the calculation offered by my Mumbai dealer, and post discounts, comes to ~ 23.4 lakhs. What am I missing? Does the "3+3 luxury insurance cover" at 1.77 lakhs put things over the top? The Mumbai registration taxes? The 25k extended warranty? I don't get it.....
Not sure which post you are referring to, current OTR for 2.4AT GX here in Bangalore is 23.6lacs for 8 str. You have to add warranty and registraion fees to this. It was 20.6lacs may be during launch and immediately after GST implementation. I am guessing 3+3 insurance covers zero dep and third party for 3 years. May be you can go for 1+3(3rd Party) and from later years you can pick up from outside and that should be significantly cheaper.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 10:38   #2226

Right you are, PrideRed - that price of 20.6 lakhs was quoted by a BHP-ian around the Mar timeframe. And yes, it appears that the Crysta prices have been bumped up after BS VI roll-outs.
Mucho gracias, senor. This points me in the right direction!
Old 29th June 2020, 13:18   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
I took delivery of Innova Crysta GX AT this month. Crysta has seen two price surge with its BS6 Avatar. First in April 20 ~ 1lac and second in June 20 ~ 60k for the AT variant.

This is what I have paid for GX AT 7S in Delhi:-
a) Ex showroom price- 1878000
b) Insurance (1+3) - 65396
c) Dealer handling charges- 6250
d) Fast Tag - 500
e) Extended warranty (4th & 5th year)- 25163
f) Dealer Discount- 30000
g) Hypothecation of loan- 1500
h)Temp Registration- 2500
i) High security Registration plate and fitment- 2000
j) RTO registration charges (Will be different in your case, so no point mentioning)

Hope this answers query no one

For query no two, except for the side/curtain airbags, which provide passive safety, I see no reason to go for Z variant. Z variant is not worth the 6 lacs premium. However if money is not a constrain go ahead with the top variant

The following basic essentials make the GX look equally Premium

1 Chrome outer door handles
2 Chrome front grill garnish upper
3 Chrome OVRM
4 Chrome window lining
5 Seat covers with door trims in same color.
6 Wooden and piano black finish for door trims, dash board and central console (Rear)
7 Brushed silver inner door trim
8 Fog lamps with chrome bezel
9 Floor mats
10 Mud flaps
11 Reverse camera
12 Leather steering
13 Piano Black front lower grill

Others/ Optional

14 Music system upgrade with Android auto/ Car play
15 Side Stepper
16 Interiors mood lights
17 Autofolding OVRM
18 Roof rail
19 Other Chrome accessories

I would suggest getting the interiors and exteriors done at any reliable car accessory shop. Again Toyota Charges a premium here.

You may check pics of my drive here after the beauty treatment (Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review) It costed me close to 70k

Last edited by bravo82in : 29th June 2020 at 13:24. Reason: Typo
bravo82in is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 17:43   #2228

Thanks, Bravo82in for the wonderfully to-the-point response. I can see that the quotes are pretty much in line, so that validation makes me very clear on how to proceed with the commercials.
Your "beauty treatment" certainly seems to have delivered the goods (and the date!) - because your car looks *gorgeous* after the makeover. If I weren't already convinced about sticking with the lower GXi Auto variant, those fab pictures do the convincing! Are you really telling me that you got (1) through (19) done in just 70k? If so, that's some serious Hogwartz-level witchcraft you've pulled out of your hat. Even otherwise - that list just makes my life easier - I've decided *not* to go for the Toyota Genuine Accessories upgrade kit at ~24k - you've made your money go a whole lot longer!
Thank you, and happy driving with your good lookin' ride!

Last edited by i.milapsan : 29th June 2020 at 18:05.
Old 30th June 2020, 00:04   #2229
BHPian

Thank you dear for the kind words of appreciation. I got 1-13, 17 and 18 done for 70k. Sharing the price estimate from Carplus.in and price list of Toyota Genuine accessories here. The auto folding mirrors kit was add later for 2500/- and not included in Carplus estimate.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-crysta-estimate.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-crystal-geniune-accessories.jpg

Toyota charges a premium for the quality of accessories they offer. In open market the quality and price vary a lot. I was quoted 35k for the same job in Karol Bagh, the automobile hub of NCR but the quality was pathetic. Please choose wisely a reliable accessory shop which does quality work.
Regards
Bravo
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 10:11   #2230

Got it - thanks Bravo82in.
Curious about the seat covers - some others have commented that the leather SCs aren't very "breathable"; and cotton ones are comfiest in our climes.... was that a factor at all, for you? How comfortable do you find yours, on long drives? Or does the phenomenal Crysta AC make the question moot? ;-)
Old 30th June 2020, 16:29   #2231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
I took delivery of Innova Crysta GX AT this month. Crysta has seen two price surge with its BS6 Avatar. First in April 20 ~ 1lac and second in June 20 ~ 60k for the AT variant.
Congrats on your new ride bravo82in, your GX looks fully loaded
I've a question with respect to the installation of the fog lights, where did you install the switch? I think the dummy switch has been replaced by the DPF button.
I've a friend who recently got the GX and installed the switch below the centre consol as he couldn't find any dummy switch.
daf23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:23   #2232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Hi,
I stay in KPCL layout and own a 2016 model Innova.
Thank you, Shalini. I will try Whitefield Nandi for my next service.

Meanwhile, can someone share what is approx. service cost for 40K Service? Also, I have bought my Crysta (From Toyota U-Trust) with a one-year warranty just before the lockdown and couldn't use my car for the last 3 months and I am sure I will not be driving to a great extent for next few months, so will Toyota extend their warranty period? and Can I buy an extended warranty for my car from Toyota as it is used car and Toyota is giving a one-year warranty from the date of purchase?
soarer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 13:05   #2233

This post might be contrary to the general opinion. Maybe its just me but I have this feeling that the current Crysta has aged too quickly and the build quality doesn't feel as robust as the older Innova models. The new car surely has better interiors, engine and suspension than the outgoing one, but the interior has already developed rattles and everything just feels older/worn-out so soon. Our previous car was much tighter during its much longer ownership.

P.S. I own a Crysta 2.4 with captain chairs and have owned the 2010 Innova uptil 2016 when we Upgraded to Crysta.
sj911 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:13   #2234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Thank you, Shalini. I will try Whitefield Nandi for my next service.

Meanwhile, can someone share what is approx. service cost for 40K Service?
40K Service should cost you about 8K if you avoid all the so called value added stuff(AC disinfectant, interior cleaning etc.) You can also use the MyToyota app for reference. I have been servicing my Innova's at Nandi Whitefield and so far I am happy with the service.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 13:32   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Got it -
Curious about the seat covers. How comfortable do you find yours, on long drives? Or does the phenomenal Crysta AC make the question moot? ;-)
Cotton ones are the comfiest for our climate. I am not comfortable with my seats on long drives. Wanted to go for perforated ones but alas they were not available in the colour I was interested in. I had perforated leather/Nappa seats in Aria and Jazz and both were pretty comfortable in Delhi summer. I have started using wooden bead mats and lumbar support for added comfort in the Crysta. I would suggest going for perforated ones; cotton seat covers will kill the premium feel.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-innova-seats.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Congrats on your new ride bravo82in, your GX looks fully loaded
I've a question with respect to the installation of the fog lights, where did you install the switch? I think the dummy switch has been replaced by the DPF button.
I've a friend who recently got the GX and installed the switch below the centre consol as he couldn't find any dummy switch.
Thank you so much Daf23. I got the fog lamps connected to the parking lights. I also faced this issue wrt placement of fog lamp switch. Plan to connect to battery directly with white led and auto DRL relay. Wont a fog lamp switch near central console spoil the aesthetics? May I request a pic of your friends fog lamp switch.

Request suggestions from the community for the following two issue with seating position I am facing

1. Every time I get in the car my thigh hits the steering. The steering is set at max height and seat height set to medium. I am 5'9 and my seating position is a little relaxed still facing issues.

2. I have not yet been able to find a comfortable position for back rest. Either it is too upright or too inclined. The gap between two positions is big making things uncomfortable on long drives and my upper back begins to ache. I never faced this issue with any other car.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks