Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 12:57   #2326
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

After a long and fruitful partnership with my XVU 500 W10 AT ( 4.5 years & 1.10 lakh kms ODO), i decided to hunt for a new car (SUV, Sedans, crossovers, all were included in the choices).

There were no definite or set criteria for the search. New and used, both were being considered.

Just for the information, my XUV fetch me Rs 9.45 Lakhs to a direct customer.

Following were the cars looked for and considered in the purchase.

1) Ford Endeavour AT (4x2): This was the first and foremost choice for me. i had always been in awe of it ever since the new version launched. Loved everything about it. After all the negotiations, it was costing me approximately Rs 36 lakhs on road.

2) Toyota Innova crysta Z AT: My family wanted a spacious family seater car so this was high on priority list. Furthermore, my 10 year old daughter loved it, especially the way she could move freely between last and middle seats
Loved the ride and comfort of the car. the new detuned engine seemed capable enough in the city and on the highways. The ICE though was a big let down.

3) Seltos/Creta: These were looked at just for the sake of it but were never serious contenders because of the small footprint and our family car requirements. I loved the Creta interiors though and would be on top of my list for my wive s car upgrade from i20.

4)Honda city petrol AT: This seemed a totally different car from the previous gen model. The appearance, the interiors, the lay out, the features, everything was much improved over the previous one. i loved the CVT Petrol transmission. Had there been a diesel CVT option, it would have been a very strong contender inspite of being a 5 seater.

5) Skod superb L&L AT Diesel: Saw this ad on olx for Rs 21.50 lakhs in ludhiana. The car had run 29000 kms and seemed to be in really good condition. I had been in awe of superb ever since the new gen launched and the possibility of owning it started giving me goosebumps. But then heard that the skoda showroom had closed in Amritsar and there was no certain time period when it plans to reopen. So with a heavy heart, let it go

But the skoda superb deal made me hunt for more used cars options in the market.

I started looking for used ENDY in the market enthusiastically. But all of them had run almost 60-70000 kms and the asking price was around Rs 25 lakhs. As a rule. i did not want a car that had run more than 40000 kms. So the possibility of a used endeavour was shut out.

In the meanwhile, came across a used White innova crysta Z AT, 2017 model that had run 34500 kms. the asking price was Rs 18 lakhs. It looked good but the insurance had expired. After much negotiations, the deal was settled at Rs 16.50 lakhs with an additional expenditure of Rs 60000 for the insurance which i bought from Toyota for piece of mind.

Hence came home My Pre-worshipped Toyota innova Crysta Z AT.
My family was happy, my daughter was thrilled and in the process i saved a cool approximate Rs 20 lakhs (had i gone for the Endeavour)

Last edited by GTO : 24th September 2020 at 19:14.
manasmadaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 13:13   #2327
BHPian

Re: My Pre-worshipped Toyota innova Crysta Z AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
But the skoda superb deal made me hunt for more used cars options in the market.

I started looking for used ENDY in the market enthusiastically. But all of them had run almost 60-70000 kms and the asking price was around Rs 25 lakhs. As a rule. i did not want a car that had run more than 40000 kms. So the possibility of a used endeavour was shut out.

In the meanwhile, came across a used White innova crysta Z AT, 2017 model that had run 34500 kms. the asking price was Rs 18 lakhs. It looked good but the insurance had expired. After much negotiations, the deal was settled at Rs 16.50 lakhs with an additional expenditure of Rs 60000 for the insurance which i bought from Toyota for piece of mind.

Hence came home My Pre-worshipped Toyota innova Crysta Z AT.
My family was happy, my daughter was thrilled and in the process i saved a cool approximate Rs 20 lakhs (had i gone for the Endeavour)

You got yourself a very good deal. 34k on an Innova is practically brand new. Wishing you many happy miles with this gem of a car.
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 13:18   #2328
BHPian

Re: My Pre-worshipped Toyota innova Crysta Z AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
You got yourself a very good deal. 34k on an Innova is practically brand new. Wishing you many happy miles with this gem of a car.
Thanks
Yes, 34000 kms on innova is nothing and to add to it, it is really well kept externally as well as internally. I will post a few pics soon
Old 30th September 2020, 23:37   #2329
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

2021 Toyota Innova Crysta facelift leaked ahead of India launch.
Expect launch in early 2021.

https://www.rushlane.com/2021-toyota...-12377318.html

Source: Rushlane.
Old 1st October 2020, 00:18   #2330
BHPian

I can write better articles than this one by Rushlane based on hearsay and 2 minutes of Googling. They did not even Google properly, or else they would have known that front power seats are already standard in ZX trims of Crysta. We all know next upgrade is going to be infotainment and rest is projected from Fortuner upgrade and sales figures.

I lost count of how many times they used the word "probably" and "likely", that's not even going to qualify for under confidence.
haisaikat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 08:03   #2331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haisaikat View Post
We all know next upgrade is going to be infotainment and rest is projected from Fortuner upgrade and sales figures.

I lost count of how many times they used the word "probably" and "likely", that's not even going to qualify for under confidence.
I agree with you.
Even I was confused when I checked the source of the article in Rushlane. Looked as if it was some 3D model making website.

And I don't even want to start about their writing skill.
A.M. is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 09:08   #2332
Senior - BHPian

Is there some indication on how long the first set of tyres lasted from the owners please?

My first set of tyres doing duty on the 2.8Auto is showing huge signs of getting bald at 45K. I am stretching this only because there isn't too much of a highway run. But I will plan to change this in the coming month..
Old 1st October 2020, 11:35   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Is there some indication on how long the first set of tyres lasted from the owners please?

My first set of tyres doing duty on the 2.8Auto is showing huge signs of getting bald at 45K. I am stretching this only because there isn't too much of a highway run. But I will plan to change this in the coming month..
I changed mine ( 4 tyres ) at 43000 kms with 3 to 4mm of tread left on all the tyres. If it's near bald, I'll highly recommend changing it. I changed it with 3mm tread left on the worst tyres because the braking distance degrades with tread wear.

PS: I do have the 2.8 Diesel Auto with 17" Bridgestones.
amalji is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 11:53   #2334
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Amalji. So, the Bridgestones 17" is what you changed to ? My current stock ones are Apollo and am hoping the Bridgestones can help reduce the noise inside.

Agreed - i will probably get this changed as quickly as i can.
Old 5th October 2020, 11:52   #2335
BHPian

Upcoming Toyota Innova Facelift spied in open. It has a lot more chrome treatment, wider front fascia and new bumper with vertical black slats.
The Toyota Badge is more upright as compared to the current angular position. Fog lamps gets black housing and headlights look sharper. With such an aggressive mid life aesthetic change, Indian market shall like the already popular MPV.
Attached Images

Last edited by VWAllstar : 5th October 2020 at 11:54.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 16:51   #2336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

Mine lasted for 48000k kms on Bridgestone Turanza , one sided wear was there , even though i was doing wheel alignement in the service centre. Few saying that the Turanza has big problem on one side edge wearing faster.
I changed the tyres to Goodyear Assurance Triple max 215/60R17. Costed Rs. 31000/- for 4 tyres, new mouth, Balancing 4 wheels and alignment charges. I am happy with the new tyres , good improvement in ride quality compared to bridgestones. Also Triplemax has Symmetrical Tyre pattern, means i can rotate the edges and will improve the tyre wear evenness.

Last edited by undead : 5th October 2020 at 16:52.
undead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:21   #2337
BHPian

Guys, just curious as to what a mint 2018 2.8Z AT ~16500 kms could fetch in resale, now that BS6 2.4Z AT is anywhere between 29 - 30L . With a facelift now on the horizon, the cost could drive up further! The resale value should also be moving up in parallel i guess, as was seen in the case of previous Innovas and Swifts? Economic sense aside, just forecasting for that 2021 upgrade itch
powerband_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 18:28   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Upcoming Toyota Innova Facelift spied in open. It has a lot more chrome treatment, wider front fascia and new bumper with vertical black slats.
The Toyota Badge is more upright as compared to the current angular position. Fog lamps gets black housing and headlights look sharper. With such an aggressive mid life aesthetic change, Indian market shall like the already popular MPV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerband_rider View Post
Guys, just curious as to what a mint 2018 2.8Z AT ~16500 kms could fetch in resale, now that BS6 2.4Z AT is anywhere between 29 - 30L . With a facelift now on the horizon, the cost could drive up further! The resale value should also be moving up in parallel i guess, as was seen in the case of previous Innovas and Swifts? Economic sense aside, just forecasting for that 2021 upgrade itch
I feel the present Innova Crysta's front looks masculine over the 2021 Innova Crysta.I always feel why Toyota ruins the car's front look by calling it as facelift

powerband_rider-The present market price of the similar car in Hyderabad is around Rs.22-23L and people here in Hyderabad quote more than the market price as the used Innova is favourite amongst people here in our city.

I guess your car would go for around Rs.21L considering you live in Pune.

Even we are looking to replace our 2011 Innova with Crysta but confused weather we should go for used or new.But,here in Hyderabad,the used Crystas are priced exorbitantly,which is making us to prefer new car.

Last edited by car_guy1998 : 13th October 2020 at 18:30.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 19:00   #2339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerband_rider View Post
Guys, just curious as to what a mint 2018 2.8Z AT ~16500 kms
Honestly the kilometers you have covered is nothing compared to what the Innova's diesel engine can do and more importantly that 2.8L engine is a gem and this makes this gearbox-engine combo a keeper. If you plan to sell it ping me! just kidding!

You will definitely get a good price for your car (22-23L) but the 2021 Innova Crysta doesn't get any substantial upgrade over your 18' Crysta and more importantly the engine is smaller! If you miss any feature compared to the 2021 Crysta you can always get it fitted from Toyota like the 360 deg camera and new touchsceen with Apple Carplay and Android Auto.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 13th October 2020 at 19:03.
Old 13th October 2020, 21:02   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
powerband_rider-The present market price of the similar car in Hyderabad is around Rs.22-23L and people here in Hyderabad quote more than the market price as the used Innova is favourite amongst people here in our city.

I guess your car would go for around Rs.21L considering you live in Pune.
Useful info . Although I don't think there is a dearth of Innova lovers/seekers in Pune/Mumbai to mark down the price as such!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Honestly the kilometers you have covered is nothing and more importantly that 2.8L engine is a gem. If you plan to sell it ping me! just kidding!

You will definitely get a good price for your car (22-23L). If you miss any feature compared to the 2021 Crysta you can always get it fitted from Toyota
There you go, I already found a buyer!
Absolutely true, the running is nothing yet for a Toyota. The 2.8 is now an exclusive club for sure and a gem indeed.
The feedback on resale prices is amazing considering I bought it for 26L and further enjoyed the depreciation benefits in my tax returns. The facelift doesn’t seem to add too much, although cost-wise may breach the 30L mark. I am actually thinking of moving up the upgrade ladder, may be to the German-trio. My Crysta will surely provide a solid base for the leap i guess!
powerband_rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks