Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 14:26   #2371
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Of late I realized that my BS6 Crysta GX AT didn't come with an engine cover.
Other than aesthetics, does the engine cover has any other role?
Does it help control the NVH levels?
Is it worth getting the engine cover installed ?
Guess it is not there in the 2.4 GX as well as the petrol models.
Atleast in the initial years it had, BHPian @Sankar had an engine cover in his 2.8 GX. Though not sure about the 2.4 GX.

Other than aesthetics, maybe will help a little bit in NVH and keeping away dust.
Elsewhere in this thread the cost mentioned is ~₹9k including cover, bolts and labour.
IMHO, not worth it.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 12:16   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Of late I realized that my BS6 Crysta GX AT didn't come with an engine cover.
Other than aesthetics, does the engine cover has any other role?
Does it help control the NVH levels?
Is it worth getting the engine cover installed ?
The G variants never got the engine cover. It does come with some amount of padding but I doubt the NVH improvement would be substantial. You could maybe try out the engine cover from another vehicle during service and see if it makes a difference (There's no need to tighten the nuts as it's a press fit part).

Also, the V & Z variants come with superior firewall insulation (The G gets a light blue carpet like sheet whereas the higher variants have a thicker black coloured sheet) and that may have a more prominent effect that than just the engine cover.
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 01:15   #2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hi Soumen - The ‘G’ used to be almost bare bones when the Crysta was launched ( no music system also earlier ).

I’ll recommend the V. The cool blue lights look very good inside the car. The MID is something I sorely miss in my G trim.

Not just that , when it comes to the Innova / Crysta, the trims matter a bit when it comes to a resale. The higher versions find a buyer faster and the features are valued as well. I’m not saying we should consider about selling even before we buy , but thought it fit to mention that.

Dear JKrishna and all my BHP friends, many thanks for all of your inputs and many more. I finally took the plunge.. went ahead and booked a Crysta VX 8 seater version in Avant Garde Bronze on the day of Dussehra and upon the request from my better half I am taking the delivery on 20th Nov (please don't ask me why so late as I am yet to figure it out like the showroom guys). Nevertheless Super excited..... The buying experience so far has been extremely pleasant.
Shaw Toyota in Pune is the seller and I can say that they are amazingly customer centric. Got myself a fantastic deal during the with good amount of discounts and also a very good exchange price on my existing 2013 Ertiga ZDi. They even made the deal sweeter by providing additional freebies on the accessories too. Mr. Pratik Mahangade and Mr. Avinash (who helped valuate and fix the price of my Ertiga) have been fantastic in their dealing.
I am looking forward to post my experience and the pics of the new member to share my joy with all of you. A few more days to go...
Stay well, Stay safe and I Wish my TeamBHP family a very happy Diwali in advance.....
soumenbanerjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:42   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations Soumen. With so many places to visit inside 200 km from Pune , I don’t be surprised if your family is more on the roads Over the weekends, thanks to the Crysta.

Enjoy several lakh km of beautiful drives.
Old 8th November 2020, 20:42   #2375
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

I am in the market to buy a new car and narrowed down my choice to ZX AT Petrol. However, I am unsure if I should wait for the facelift or buy one now.

But more importantly, I wanted to check with Toyota experts here if is there a chance the petrol version might be discontinued I assume it is not so popular option? As far as I understand the variants disappear overnight, is there a way to avoid that risk? And as mentioned in the previous messages I could add some features as accessories right away like a 360-degree camera etc. and mitigating the risk of buying one now.

Thanks!
Old 9th November 2020, 17:22   #2376

Dear BHPians
Can some one please advise me on where is the OBD port for innova crysta 2020 model located.

Also, has any one put any car tracker in their innova and can kindly suggest some trackers that I can explore. Would these trackers lead me to cutting of wiring in the car ?

Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 19:28   #2377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Fellow BHPians,

I am in the market to buy a new car and narrowed down my choice to ZX AT Petrol. However, I am unsure if I should wait for the facelift or buy one now.

But more importantly, I wanted to check with Toyota experts here if is there a chance the petrol version might be discontinued I assume it is not so popular option? As far as I understand the variants disappear overnight, is there a way to avoid that risk?
The petrol is quite important for Toyota in the NCR region, it will continue with the new facelifted version as well. Regarding whether to buy the facelift or the current version depends on you, if you can fathom the looks of the facelift wait for it other wise the current car should suffice. In terms of features the facelifted one will get android auto, Apple CarPlay with a bigger touchscreen otherwise everything will remain identical.

Actually even I am contemplating the Crysta ZX Petrol AT and the Fortuner petrol but the larger tank is pulling me towards the fortuner due to the abysmal fuel efficiency figures for both. Since other than in Delhi and nearby regions no dealers in India have the petrol versions for test-drives I will have to visit Delhi for the test drives. Since I am planning to buy next year will visit Delhi once the covid situation ebbs down a bit more.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th November 2020 at 19:30.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 21:48   #2378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The petrol is quite important for Toyota in the NCR region, it will continue with the new facelifted version as well. Regarding whether to buy the facelift or the current version depends on you, if you can fathom the looks of the facelift wait for it other wise the current car should suffice. In terms of features the facelifted one will get android auto, Apple CarPlay with a bigger touchscreen otherwise everything will remain identical.

Actually even I am contemplating the Crysta ZX Petrol AT and the Fortuner petrol but the larger tank is pulling me towards the fortuner due to the abysmal fuel efficiency figures for both. Since other than in Delhi and nearby regions no dealers in India have the petrol versions for test-drives I will have to visit Delhi for the test drives. Since I am planning to buy next year will visit Delhi once the covid situation ebbs down a bit more.
Makes sense, they will definitely continue with petrol. I just got back from the dealer here in Pune and also confirmed with another dealer. They have already started dispatching the new Innovas to dealers and started taking bookings for it. Dealers are now only clearing their existing stock and facelift will be available from November 20th.
The salesperson also said it is going to be cosmetic changes like infotainment as you mentioned.
silverknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 22:16   #2379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
They have already started dispatching the new Innovas to dealers and started taking bookings for it. Dealers are now only clearing their existing stock and facelift will be available from November 20th.
The salesperson also said it is going to be cosmetic changes like infotainment as you mentioned.
Amazing news! I had visited a dealer here in Mumbai on Saturday and he just told that the Fortuner facelift is coming soon but nothing about the Innova Facelift.

Just hope the price for a touchscreen and slight nip and tuck to the exterior doesn’t cost 1L more.
Old 12th November 2020, 18:55   #2380
BHPian

Which variant to buy - Toyota Innova Crysta

Hello Guys,
I am currently in a dilemma with respect to buying a new car . We have shortlisted just a single car to buy , which is the Toyota Innova Crysta .
I have the following questions to ask about the vehicle -

1. Is the GX variant decently specced or should I take the plunge and spend more money on the V variant ? I am not interested in the latest blingy tech , just want a dependable car with most modern features.

2. Choice of engine is also confusing. Preferred engine choice is the 2.7 l Petrol as it stays in our budget and since our use is limited . But there is still confusion over the engine's reliability and also have doubts about the vehicle's fuel consumption. While at the same time , the diesel engine is a proven one with decent fuel economy , though at a slight premium . Should I stick with the petrol or pay the premium for diesel. ( Preferred choice currently is Petrol , also not hesitant to buy Diesel if worth the premium)

3. Should I wait for the upcoming facelift or cash in on the discounts for the outgoing model ?

4. Safety is uncertain as this vehicle has not been tested by GNCAP , is it worth taking a gamble on this vehicle ?

5. Can current owners of the Crysta tell me about real world mileage and usability?

6. Even though I have heard only praises about the Innova's reliability , would love to hear a second opinion . My family keeps vehicles for at least 10+years , if not more .

Current Car - Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire

Alternatives can be suggested but no MG Hector Plus ( Unproven ) or used cars. 7+ seats are compulsory.

Advice for this would be appreciated.
TorqueMonster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 11:28   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which variant to buy - Toyota Innova Crysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueMonster View Post
1. Is the GX variant decently specced or should I take the plunge and spend more money on the V variant ?
GX has all the basics covered. With limited use, this is the one that makes more sense. Rather than VX, an automatic is what I'd strongly recommend.

Quote:
2. Choice of engine is also confusing.
My vote goes for the 2.4 diesel variant unless your usage is exceptionally low (200-300 kms a month). It's an able performer though not a scorcher like the erstwhile 2.8 diesel. If the premium paid for diesel variant evens out with the savings in fuel cost during the ownership tenure, I'd say stick with the diesel.

Go through this excellent thread if you're still seriously considering the 2.7 petrol:
Review: Toyota Innova Crysta 2.7L Petrol AT

Quote:
3. Should I wait for the upcoming facelift or cash in on the discounts for the outgoing model ?
Go for the outgoing model with discounts.

Quote:
4. Safety is uncertain as this vehicle has not been tested by GNCAP , is it worth taking a gamble on this vehicle ?
If you go by the sheet metal thickness/weight alone, Innova Crysta lacks that feel of solidity and is similar to the original Innova in that sense. You'll be able to relate to the typical Japanese flimsyness since you currently drive a Dzire. However, I would say it is worth the gamble when you consider Toyota's impressive record with the Etios in GNCAP.

Quote:
5. Can current owners of the Crysta tell me about real world mileage and usability?
Can't comment. Friend's 2.8 AT delivers ~12 km/l tank to tank when driven in ECO mode. 2.4 diesel should be marginally better. 2.7 petrol will mostly return single digit FE.

Quote:
6. Even though I have heard only praises about the Innova's reliability , would love to hear a second opinion . My family keeps vehicles for at least 10+years , if not more .
Haha. Long term reliability should be the least of your worries.

Quote:
7+ seats are compulsory.
What about the upcoming Tata Gravitas?

Last edited by self_driven : 13th November 2020 at 11:36.
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 14:08   #2382
Distinguished - BHPian

@self_driven has already given the correct answers.
Nothing more to contribute, still for reiterating the points.

1. Personally would go for GX. But then I was the guy who was okay with the initial GX variant that didn't even have a music system headunit.

Again, the current GX is pretty loaded with essentials, especially the automatic. (View it as a standalone product. never look at the other equivalent priced vehicles. Would feel shortchanged initially)

Yet again, for a long term usage car, it would be good to have the VX for the feel good features. But then, the 5 lakhs difference is too much, when you could go for dealer accessories that could liven up the interiors for much much less money.

2. So the budget is set at 20 lakhs?
Do not have any doubts regarding the reliability of the 2.7l mill. I would wager it would be even more reliable than even the 2.4l diesel, on the simple fact that it is a simple old school motor and also proven for decades, unlike the five year old(?) diesel design.

A couple of years ago, the SA at Nippon, Eenchakal said they had only sold two petrol Innova Crystas so far.
And I bet they would dissuade you from purchasing one citing fuel efficiency, for the simple fact they would have to order one fresh from the factory.
Brings to the fuel efficiency part.
Do the calculations to see if the petrol is okay.

IMO go for the diesel. Nothing wrong with the petrol, but for two lakhs premium you get 30-40% more fuel efficiency on a cheaper fuel.
Wont feel the fuel pump pinch, especially at some rough patches in the upcoming 10 years.
People lining up if you had to sell it for an emergency.

3. They are giving discounts at Nippon Toyota?
Strange times
I thought the SAs would have either said, "No big discounts now, sir"
OR
"Sorry sir, old one is sold out. Only accepting bookings for the facelifted one.

By all means. Please do buy now. The new one's will only give some token features in the higher variant.
It is ugly
They will raise the price.

4. Going by Toyota's history, no need to doubt the safety aspect.
The earlier Innova Crysta had 4 star rating in ASEAN NCAP for the model without ESP, and 5 star for ESP equipped one. As of now, the Indian Innova has ESP as standard.
The facelifted Innova Crysta got 5 star rating across the board, with Indian models having a knee airbag as a bonus.

5. Not an owner. So can't tell.
Though owners of the 2.8l has reported even 15+km/l on open roads or when hypermiling.
For 2.4l diesel definitely 10+ km/l for any condition/load/usage.
For the 2.7l petrol, single digit for city and maybe eek out 11-12km/l for highway.
Though the BS6 transition has lopped off a couple of kilometres from the ARAI figures.

6. Intend to keep for 10+ years?
Please. Just go to the nearest Toyota showroom and book one ASAP, before the facelifted one arrives.

Alternatives?
Ermm....the closest one was the Hexa.
Well typical answer.
If on budget, buy Ertiga.
Want a diesel MPV on budget, buy Marazzo.

Or just buy the Innova.
DicKy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 16:02   #2383
BHPian

Thank you for the responses .
Quote:
They are giving discounts at Nippon Toyota?
Strange times
I thought the SAs would have either said, "No big discounts now, sir"
OR
"Sorry sir, old one is sold out. Only accepting bookings for the facelifted one.
No I did not go to the showroom yet . I was expecting discounts since the Innova is being facelifted soon. I guess chances of discount are less now if not impossible.

Quote:
What about the upcoming Tata Gravitas?
Though I am a big fan of Tata products, I don't want to buy a 1st generation version because it is not confirmed whether the car would be niggle free( Like the 1st gen Harrier )

Anyway thank you all for answering questions.
Old 15th November 2020, 16:01   #2384
BHPian

Does anybody know the mileage of 2.4L Automatic Innova?

Planning on buying either Innova or Tucson. Considered Seltos but dropped all Hyundai/Kia cars except Tucson as it is a CKD unit due to poor crash test rating of Seltos from GNCAP. I’ll probably wait for next gen tucson while buying it but yea if I could get atleast 10kmpl out of Innova it would be great. I am also open to suggestions for a safe car and with Diesel Automatic. Currently own 3 cars, this is a 4th buy.
Old 18th November 2020, 13:20   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restart View Post
Does anybody know the mileage of 2.4L Automatic Innova?

Planning on buying either Innova or Tucson. Considered Seltos but dropped all Hyundai/Kia cars except Tucson as it is a CKD unit due to poor crash test rating of Seltos from GNCAP. I’ll probably wait for next gen tucson while buying it but yea if I could get atleast 10kmpl out of Innova it would be great. I am also open to suggestions for a safe car and with Diesel Automatic. Currently own 3 cars, this is a 4th buy.
My 2.8 auto gives around 9-11 in Bangalore city traffic and 14+ on the highways. 2.4 might give an additional 1-2 km in the city but the same as 2.8 on the highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks