Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 18:11   #2431
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
VX gets hear rejection solar glass which GX does not have. I would have got the VX just for this. Greatly enhances comfort in summers and there is no legal way to get this feature aftermarket.
I agree this is a nice addition, had to get sun film at 20K+ INR cost. But the legality aspect aside, the films may be superior unless the Crysta VX onward we are getting the same HSEA (IR Cut) Acoustic and Vibration control glass that is there in the Yaris which also acts towards reducing NVH. Also you cannot install tint on the rear door without voiding warranty due to the rear defogger lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
I was keen to hear the forums thoughts ..... Manual VX versus the Automatic GX.
Also VX gets the rear folding seat trays but note that if you break them they cost 18K INR each for replacement.

Quote:
In the GX, I don't get the nice wooden bits on the steering wheel like the ZX has.
Stay away from any customized fit on the steering, it may void the warranty considering you have airbags on steering column. Hence the dealers had refused to help there.

Having gone for a top model car earlier in my previous ownership, I can say that in the longer run the real convenience features matter and we get away from the cosmetic ones. Also earlier GX Auto was the only one with 8 seater with middle row bench seat which was also my criteria

Last edited by haisaikat : 11th January 2021 at 18:27.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 19:54   #2432
BHPian

That is a good point to not mess with the steering wheel.

Good advice, all up folks. Thank you folks. It helped us narrow down on the GX Auto.

Add another 50k for functional accessories like the side step, scuff guards, the bling on the dash, and cushier front arm rests (door and center), the GX Auto hit the sweet spot for us.

I'm currently getting insurance quotes from outside. Their insurance policy (Toyota Protect) is almost a lakh. Plus, I'll have to forgo my current insurance policy NCB since they don't have tie ups with Toyota Protect. Thoughts?

Plus, what is 'Service Charge on Registration' made up of? I doubt if this entire amount of 10k goes to the RTO .
anandbangalore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 20:52   #2433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Plus, what is 'Service Charge on Registration' made up of? I doubt if this entire amount of 10k goes to the RTO .
This is the new fancy name for Handling Charges. Yes, the dealer's do have some cost involved, some of them get it done through broker but 10K is a bit too high.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 22:20   #2434
BHPian

Quote:
I'm currently getting insurance quotes from outside. Their insurance policy (Toyota Protect) is almost a lakh. Plus, I'll have to forgo my current insurance policy NCB since they don't have tie ups with Toyota Protect. Thoughts?
Toyota Protect's only advantage is the unlimited number of zero dep claims allowed within the policy period, for outside policies its limited. Unless you are too careless or drive to very congested areas too frequently no need. Rather get a NCB Protector (Toyota Protect does not offer this) with proper tie up and insure outside accessories if you intend to go for Toyota Genuine Accessories.
haisaikat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 00:10   #2435

Dear TeamBHP
Just purchased a Innova Crysta VX last Nov 2020. Awesome car, and may thank to all of you for making this purchase happen.
I had a question -- Any suggestions for Headlight / Highbeam bulb alteration for Innova. The VX model has a Projector and a standard reflector for High Beam. But I find the high beam not upto the mark and would prefer a more powerful one without blinding the on comings vehicles. Any suggestions will be highly helpful.

Thanks
Soumen
Old 20th January 2021, 10:01   #2436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumenbanerjee View Post
Any suggestions for Headlight / Highbeam bulb alteration for Innova. The VX model has a Projector and a standard reflector for High Beam. But I find the high beam not upto the mark and would prefer a more powerful one without blinding the on comings vehicles. Any suggestions will be highly helpful.
I used to upgrade my headlamps during my younger days. Now, I have stopped doing it because it ends up giving me better visibility at the cost of distracting others. I rather trust the OEM on judging the right balance of visibility vs distraction and slow down my speed accordingly.

Another motivation is that the standarb bulbs lasts almost twice as long as these upgrade bulbs even from brands like Philips and Osram.

Last edited by amalji : 20th January 2021 at 10:06.
amalji is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 00:46   #2437

Quote:
I was keen to hear the forums thoughts ..... Manual VX versus the Automatic GX.

What I need is An 8 seater (the 7 seater Innova won’t do).

My thoughts are:

GX Auto
- the issues with this model is the missing bling. Looks very plain for a 20lakh plus car.
+I get an automatic
+ I save some money (over buying the VX)

VX Manual
- the biggest issue is that Ill spend more than the GX but still stay in the world of Manual gear shifting.
+ I gain some FE with the manual shifting (Anyone know what FE gains I can expect in manual over the auto)?
+ I get the added bling which the GX lacks.

I have been driving Innova Crysta Leadership Edition based on the V Grade with manual transmission for over 7 months now

Some observations:
1. Default mileage in the city environs is 12.5kmpl even with 7 occupants on board
2. MT is far more responsive to throttle inputs and the 2.4 GD Engine delivers torque on the fly with zero lag
3. When driven at sedate speeds of 80-90km/hr mileage goes a few notches up to 15.8kmpl maximum

Given these FE figures for a 2.5 tonne MPV I will put my money on manual transmission any day over AT which will be around 20% lesser fuel efficient than MT.

As they say - 'to each his own'
MOTORON is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 12:16   #2438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I used to upgrade my headlamps during my younger days. Now, I have stopped doing it because it ends up giving me better visibility at the cost of distracting others. I rather trust the OEM on judging the right balance of visibility vs distraction and slow down my speed accordingly.

Another motivation is that the standarb bulbs lasts almost twice as long as these upgrade bulbs even from brands like Philips and Osram.
i totally agree with this one.Also,the risk of aftermarket bulbs conking off while you are out on the road at night probably on a Highway.
Old 27th January 2021, 12:06   #2439
BHPian

Need a quick help folks, my uncle is purchasing a Innova, we are getting the insurance done ourselves, the dealer sent me the ex showroom invoice for engine and chassis number, but there's no chasis number mentioned, only engine number, vin number and other details.

On enquiring he said that the vin number is the chasis number, i'm a bit confused, is this true?
Old 27th January 2021, 12:08   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post

On enquiring he said that the vin number is the chasis number, i'm a bit confused, is this true?
Yes, that's correct. You can use the VIN decoder on team-bhp to further understand the month and year of manufacture. Hope this helps!
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 15:10   #2441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's most likely the handling charge that's illegal but is still charged by all dealers.
Old 28th January 2021, 22:36   #2442
Senior - BHPian

Innova owners who're looking to improve it's handling may be interested in this. It says ride height is flexible and can be played around with. It can be lowered 10 mm from stock or could be raised to 60 mm or anywhere in between. Settings for different load conditions are available too.

PS : I'm in no way associated with Race Concepts.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 28th January 2021 at 22:41.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:24   #2443
Senior - BHPian

@6:50 Brake test - The Innova with Tein settled faster after it came to a stop compared to the one running Race Concepts where it bobbed a bit more. Contrary to what was said in the video about settling after undulation.

My reco:
For comfort and slightly more body control over stock - Tein.

For very high speed driving tight body control with very minimal roll and next to no bobbing - Bilstein. The faster it goes flatter the ride even on vey rough patches. Cons: Bad for slow speed driving on broken roads.
Sankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 10:56   #2444
BHPian

Has Toyota started deliveries of the face-lift Innova Crysta. My friend has booked in Dec 2020 and asked for delivery around 11th to 13th Feb 2021. Saw a news article in today's news paper which talks of the recent strike by employees. I thought that was over and everything is back to normal now. Attaching a picture of the news article. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img20210201wa0013.jpeg  

Last edited by vvrchandra : 1st February 2021 at 10:59.
Old 1st February 2021, 16:14   #2445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Has Toyota started deliveries of the face-lift Innova Crysta.
While deliveries have started for the Innova facelift, TKM's Bidadi plant is still operating at a fraction of its usual production capacity, given the ongoing unrest.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks