Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2021, 15:30   #2596
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeshnag75 View Post
I am a soon-to-be Crysta owner, just having booked a ZX Petrol AT.

The dealer has promised ₹10k worth of accessories, I hope to negotiate it to a larger figure. I have gone through the Toyota Original Accessories price list, and it seems considerably more expensive than aftermarket.
Many congratulations As you would be aware, please do request the dealer to show you the car and do the PDI before making the full payment. Which color did you go ahead with?

So true, Toyota Original Accessories prices are easily 30-40% higher than the market. Given this, would be great if you can negotiate for at least 25K giving close to 10-15K of value.

However, some of these items aren't available with dealers (e.g. fog lamp then with my dealer) and some are priced even higher by the dealership (saying these prices are now obsolete).

I am assuming you are referring to the below link. Just to note, some of the prices in this link are lower than market too. For example 3D mats cost upwards of 6K in the market. I got AutoForm ones for 7.5K. 3.5K from Toyota is on the lower side.

http://dealer.toyotabharat.com/deale...pricelist.html

Also please do let me know if you are dealer is indeed offering the TPMS for 3.5K + taxes. Would love to buy one as well. The Blaupkunt TPMS costs upwards of 7K in the market.
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 17:33   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Many congratulations As you would be aware, please do request the dealer to show you the car and do the PDI before making the full payment. Which color did you go ahead with?
Will do that. I have downloaded the TeamBHP PDI checklist.

I am going for the Bronze colour.

Quote:
So true, Toyota Original Accessories prices are easily 30-40% higher than the market. Given this, would be great if you can negotiate for at least 25K giving close to 10-15K of value.
Been able to get about 15K worth. Frankly, most of the stuff in the accessories list is chrome bits over an already over-chromed car, and I couldn’t find much that I need. And the list is quite overpriced, I hope the quality is better than much cheaper stuff on Amazon.

Quote:
However, some of these items aren't available with dealers (e.g. fog lamp then with my dealer) and some are priced even higher by the dealership (saying these prices are now obsolete).

Also please do let me know if you are dealer is indeed offering the TPMS for 3.5K + taxes. Would love to buy one as well. The Blaupkunt TPMS costs upwards of 7K in the market.
A Tyre Pressure Monitor and Monitoring Camera were on my must have list, but the dealer does not have these. Will have to search for an aftermarket solution on Team BHP.
ganeshnag75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 11:41   #2598
BHPian

Does the Innova Crysta come fitted with ARAI approved anti-theft device?
Old 11th May 2021, 23:03   #2599
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Innova Crysta come fitted with ARAI approved anti-theft device?
It has the chip based anti-theft device which is standard across cars these days. However it isn't a device thieves can't break into. A fellow bhpian's Crysta got stolen from outside his house in minutes.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/cctv-f...t-stolen-delhi

I would strongly suggest going in for a vehicle tracker and also using a brake lock when parking outside your safe campus (read the other thread)

https://www.amazon.in/AllExtreme-Universal-Anti-Theft-Adjustable-Accelerator/dp/B07YSFRDN2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=clutch+lock&qid=16207 54383&sr=8-1
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 06:02   #2600
BHPian

This query about the anti theft device came up when I was filling the online form for car insurance.

There is a field where it specifically asks if an ARAI approved anti theft system is installed in the car.

The answer to this is NO, right?
Old 12th May 2021, 08:14   #2601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The answer to this is NO, right?
It should be Yes.

The car is ARAI Approved. I don't think you can sell a car in India without it. The Innova does come with an engine Immobilizer which is an anti theft device of some form.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 23:26   #2602
BHPian

I got my Innova Crysta Petrol ZX home. First impressions - everyone, (including the four legged member of the family ) is impressed, happy and comfortable.

It maybe a tad too early to start nitpicking, but some observations I had in my first 100 km.
  • The well of the driver’s centre arm console is too deep and large. Stuff kept in it seems to get lost.
  • The USB connector for Apple CarPlay was little awkward. Where does one keep the phone? The little slot next to the USB connector doesn’t hold the phone very well.
  • The ORVMs do not auto fold when the car is locked. Am I missing some setting somewhere?
  • Couldn’t figure how the DRLs function.

I request experienced owners to comment and suggest a solution or workaround to these issues.
ganeshnag75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 23:49   #2603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got my Innova Crysta Petrol ZX home.
  • The ORVMs do not auto fold when the car is locked. Am I missing some setting somewhere?
  • Couldn’t figure how the DRLs function.
Congrats on your Crysta, please do share some pictures of the car .

1. The ORVMs do not have the auto open-close feature on locking-unlocking! It’s available as an accessory.

2. Crysta doesn’t get DRLs, they are parking lights (the 4 LED dots that light up in the headlamp).
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 10:33   #2604
BHPian

I’m trying to hardwire my dashcam in my Innova Crysta 2021. Lost trying to locate the fuse box that I need to connect to. Can someone guide please?
ganeshnag75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 17:51   #2605
BHPian

In case if you are open to go without hardwiring, I have done something like this, not so neat but not very ugly either. So in my case it's camera mounted on the dash board and routed without hardwiring. I routed the wire along the edge of the dash and windshield, then along A Panel and finally through the door side and under the dash to the front 12 volt socket.

Used the below wire holding clips, but realised that the Chinese brand had 3m double sided tape mentioned for bottom which I found frequently coming off so ordered the below double tape and it has been working like a charm. This tape is heat resistant.

Wire holding clip
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B079T9QHWP?...p_mob_ap_share

Additional 3m double sided tape
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0187D3D0K/..._xoyiWKfb5sxQl

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210410_133507.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210410_133457.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_20210410_133449.jpg
haisaikat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 20:53   #2606
BHPian

Dear Owners
I want to understand how intrusive/how irritating are below for Innova Crysta BS6 models.
1. 80+kmph: Is it single beep or continuous beep?
2. 120+kmph: Is it single beep or continuous beep?

I gather from this thread that in Diesel AT one can cruise at 100 KMPH with engine RPM at 1500-1600 and engine sound is barely audible inside cabin.

So, in such cases, how intrusive are the speed beeps?
Has anyone been able to switch it off - either with help of dealership or on their own.

Last edited by daretodream : 18th May 2021 at 21:12. Reason: typo
Old 18th May 2021, 21:00   #2607
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Dear Owners
I want to understand how intrusive/how irritating are below for Innova Crysta BS6 models.
I gather from this thread that in Diesel AT one can cruise at 100 KMPH with engine RPM at 1500-1600 and engine sound is barely audible inside cabin.

So, in such cases, how intrusive are the speed beeps?
At 100kmph, the engine is barely audible once it gets into the fifth or sixth gear. The 80kmph speed beep is quite bearable since it happens once a minute of consistently being above 80 or every time you cross 80. If the music system is playing something at normal levels, the beep is almost overpowered. The 120kmph beep is louder and more frequent which is annoying. Even at this speed, the engine will still be around 2k RPM and outside noise is pretty controlled. Hence the 120kmph beep is pretty loud and annoying. I am on the lookout for some solution and would really appreciate if someone can figure out something. I am sure it would be done considering the fact that the car is mainly brought by mile munchers who would spend a considerable amount of time on the highway.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 21:19   #2608
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The 120kmph beep is louder and more frequent which is annoying. Even at this speed, the engine will still be around 2k RPM and outside noise is pretty controlled. Hence the 120kmph beep is pretty loud and annoying. I am on the lookout for some solution and would really appreciate if someone can figure out something. I am sure it would be done considering the fact that the car is mainly brought by mile munchers who would spend a considerable amount of time on the highway.
The speed warning removal can be done easily. However please keep in mind, this is an illegal action. Your insurance claim could also be rejected if God forbid you land in a high speed accident. There have been cases where authorities have conducted investigations into tuners who have done this.

Also, most countries have a speed limit of ~ 100 kmph for highways and this has been kept in mind while developing this speed warning feature. In our country one of the main reasons for road accidents is over speeding. Encouraging removal of such warning will most likely result in over speeding and defeats the greater good.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 22:09   #2609
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The speed warning removal can be done easily. However please keep in mind, this is an illegal action. Your insurance claim could also be rejected if God forbid you land in a high speed accident. There have been cases where authorities have conducted investigations into tuners who have done this. .
Would you also elaborate on how it is done or who does this? I'm specifically interested for the Innova. We have discussed enough about the legality part so I'm not focusing on that part of the discussion.
Old 18th May 2021, 22:27   #2610
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Would you also elaborate on how it is done or who does this? I'm specifically interested for the Innova. We have discussed enough about the legality part so I'm not focusing on that part of the discussion.
This is done by connecting a scanner and doing the delete ! There are tuners after market who can do this !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks