Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
5,452,763 views
Old 12th July 2021, 00:23   #2626
BHPian
 
anandbangalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 44 Times

Does anyone have a price list of Toyota's official accessories - which they can share here?

I am unsure if I am getting accurate info from my fellow - he keeps sending me screen shots of prices from Excel.

Suchit - Were you able to figure this out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchit23 View Post
There is a feature where all doors will automatically unlock if the driver door is opened within 45 seconds of stopping the car. But I am not able to enable it as per page 120 in the manual (see pic). And more shockingly even Toyota service could not activate it when I went in for my first service couple days back.

Any one was able to enable this?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th July 2021 at 06:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged, trimming quoted post for the ease of reading for small screen users.
anandbangalore is offline  
Old 12th July 2021, 15:38   #2627
BHPian
 
Mile10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 258 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

I have been having extremely bad luck and my crysta has suffered. So on the night of July 10th, visited my regular petrol pump to tank up the car after the 1st year service was completed earlier that day. After filling the tank, was just completing the payment with the attendant when i started to notice that the diesel was leaking from underneath the car. Immediately put the car to the side and called Toyota on road service and the service advisor. He was surprised to hear this as well since they too hadn't seen anything unusual earlier in the day during the regular service check (No tank damage, loose pipe, etc.). While all this was going on, I borrowed a tray from the fuel pump service guys and placed it underneath the car. My best guess is about 3-4 litres of diesel would have leaked before i could get the trays placed under the car. After a wait of about 10 minutes it all stopped leaking and on the advice of guys from toyota drove home (toyota on road service said would take them 2 hours to reach the location since they had only limited staff). I must mention I was obviously a little skeptical and tense at the same time.

After reaching home, immediately did a thorough check with the torchlight by getting underneath the car as best as i could and checking all fuel lines as well as the engine bay, to just see if anything was off. In the engine bay immediately noticed a few scuff marks on the wires (not too deep, assuming any leakage there it would have been caught in the service) and that made me think that it could be the cause of rats and maybe they had bitten the fuel lines.

Next morning, toyota on road service guys showed up and we jacked up the car and my suspicion was confirmed, it was the work of rats most probably as there does not seem to be any wear and tear due to rubbing or incision. The return hose pipe from the fuel tank was ruptured and this would show up only if tank was filled full. That explained why it didn't get picked up at the service and I hadn't noticed since my last full tank was a month back.

On July 12th, monday morning drove the car to Toyota service as advised by the on road service team and the service advisor inspected the damage. Now here comes the bombshell which has obviously caught me off guard. Toyota wants me to change the entire fuel tank as they claim that they cant supply just the return hose pipe separately since it is a child part and has to be ordered as a whole kit including the fuel tank. Just to mention the fuel tank is perfectly fine and has no damage. The estimated cost is about 25K + taxes and they are insisting I claim insurance to reduce my damage to the wallet. But I'm in a dilemma on what to do about this and am a little surprised Toyota does not sell just provide the child part separately and is insisting i replace the whole fuel tank kit. My other concern is until I sort out my parking space (cover up the entire space, etc.) which is not an overnight solution this problem could re-occour even though I might take all possible precautions against rats. Any advise/ experience would be highly appreciated.

Attached the picture of damage to the return hose pipe due to rat bite. It is about a 0.5 inch in diameter hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-crysta-fuel-tank-damage.jpg  

Mile10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 17:17   #2628
MCR
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/MYS
Posts: 882
Thanked: 637 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
On July 12th, monday morning drove the car to Toyota service as advised by the on road service team and the service advisor inspected the damage. Now here comes the bombshell which has obviously caught me off guard. Toyota wants me to change the entire fuel tank as they claim that they cant supply just the return hose pipe separately since it is a child part and has to be ordered as a whole kit including the fuel tank.
This Part is available on Boodmo.com. You can just buy the child parts and get it replaced by a good and friendly neighborhood garage.

Link : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-hose..._tube-6718641/

No point replacing a fuel tank for the sake of a return line.
MCR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 17:58   #2629
Senior - BHPian
 
PrideRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: BLR/PTR
Posts: 3,291
Thanked: 9,725 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
The estimated cost is about 25K + taxes and they are insisting I claim insurance to reduce my damage to the wallet. But I'm in a dilemma on what to do about this and am a little surprised Toyota does not sell just provide the child part separately and is insisting i replace the whole fuel tank kit. My other concern is until I sort out my parking space (cover up the entire space, etc.) which is not an overnight solution this problem could re-occour even though I might take all possible precautions against rats. Any advise/ experience would be highly appreciated.
Take car to another dealer, get this checked and also mention the part number. Insist on replacing just the return pipe and do involve Toyota if needed. If your car is under warranty, would suggest to stick to Authorized dealer as the work they carry out is fool proof.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 22:50   #2630
BHPian
 
bravo82in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pan India
Posts: 554
Thanked: 1,045 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Seems like the part is not available in India

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-a081b0c274c445e49324f0177fe3c5b8.jpeg
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 23:22   #2631
BHPian
 
TorqueIndia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Kottayam,DXB
Posts: 563
Thanked: 2,604 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
On July 12th, monday morning drove the car to Toyota service as advised by the on road service team and the service advisor inspected the damage. Now here comes the bombshell which has obviously caught me off guard. Toyota wants me to change the entire fuel tank as they claim that they cant supply just the return hose pipe separately since it is a child part and has to be ordered as a whole kit including the fuel tank. Just to mention the fuel tank is perfectly fine and has no damage. The estimated cost is about 25K + taxes and they are insisting I claim insurance to reduce my damage to the wallet. But I'm in a dilemma on what to do about this and am a little surprised Toyota does not sell just provide the child part separately and is insisting i replace the whole fuel tank kit.
Attached the picture of damage to the return hose pipe due to rat bite. It is about a 0.5 inch in diameter hole.
Check what kind of package they are offering with insurance claim. It's sad to see the kind of damage the rats doing to cars, they don't bother on the brand value either.

Check insurance estimate, search for the child parts online also GCC via fiends availability may differ with region. You can also relay on local garages, they might lead to used parts as Innova was here for about 16 years now and assuming Toyota have the same parts for both the generations.
TorqueIndia is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 11:05   #2632
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 758
Thanked: 191 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Drop in an email to Toyota and see how they respond. They should be able to provide the child part. In the meantime, avoid filling the tank to the brim.

Getting this part through boodmo and fixing it in a neighbourhood garage is also safe. There's nothing much to go wrong here.

Rat menace is something that cant be solved and its just hard luck for you.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 11:54   #2633
BHPian
 
Mile10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 258 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
This Part is available on Boodmo.com. You can just buy the child parts and get it replaced by a good and friendly neighborhood garage.

Link : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-hose..._tube-6718641/

No point replacing a fuel tank for the sake of a return line.
Thank you MCR, this is a very valuable piece of information and the price is very reasonable. This is my option to go to if Toyota India / Service does not do anything as per my request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Take car to another dealer, get this checked and also mention the part number. Insist on replacing just the return pipe and do involve Toyota if needed. If your car is under warranty, would suggest to stick to Authorized dealer as the work they carry out is fool proof.
Thank you PrideRed. I have been dealing with Nandi Toyota (Kudlu Gate for sales and Bommanahalli Branch for Service) and have had a very good experience upto this point. Need to see if that will continue. My other option is now to take the car to Ravindu (ISKCON), only distance and time is the challenge for me since I live south of NICE road past Meenakshi Mall. Warranty issue is there at the back of my mind if I do decide to carry out the work with a friendly neighborhood garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Seems like the part is not available in India

Attachment 2178518
Thank you bravo82in. Yes, both sellers are outside India and assuming that is why longer delivery period, approximately 29 days for it to be delivered to Bangalore. Irony being TKM plant is just 30 Kms away from my house as the crow flies, but we have to rely on overseas suppliers for child parts for a car that is one of the most popular in India and has been selling for more than 15 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Check what kind of package they are offering with insurance claim. It's sad to see the kind of damage the rats doing to cars, they don't bother on the brand value either.

Check insurance estimate, search for the child parts online also GCC via fiends availability may differ with region. You can also relay on local garages, they might lead to used parts as Innova was here for about 16 years now and assuming Toyota have the same parts for both the generations.
Thank you TorqueIndia. Yes, rats are a big nuisance. On a lighter note would be really interested if there was some statistic to tell the total value of damage caused by rats to cars in India! My guess is this would be phenomenally quite high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Drop in an email to Toyota and see how they respond. They should be able to provide the child part. In the meantime, avoid filling the tank to the brim.

Getting this part through boodmo and fixing it in a neighbourhood garage is also safe. There's nothing much to go wrong here.

Rat menace is something that cant be solved and its just hard luck for you.
Thank you krish3. This is what I have done this morning. I have sent an email to Toyota Kirloskar India and Nandi Toyota with all facts of the case. Now waiting for a response, will update once i get a response from them.
Mile10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 08:43   #2634
BHPian
 
car_guy1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: HYD/BA/SEA
Posts: 650
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Had TD'ed the Innova Crysta 2.4 AT yesterday at Harsha Toyota and there is nothing home to write about its pros and cons when it comes to the vehicle as it's a proven one!

The Crysta 2.4 AT had a lag till 1500 RPM, post that, it drives likes a breeze! Overall, the Innova Crysta 2.4 AT has impressed me much in terms of drivability and refinement except for lag in lower RPMs!

I guess the initial lag wasn't present in the 2.8 engine!

And, after driving the Crysta AT, I felt this one will be the replacement for our Innova and the only problem is the variant selection! Since my dad isn't keen on spending 6L more on Z AT and instead, get the GX AT, which costs 24L here in Hyderabad, and get the mods done worth 1-1.5L and save the rest of the money for its fuel or another variant we are considering is the VX MT, which costs 27L in Hyderabad!

What I miss in GX AT when compared to our present 2011 type-2 Innova VX is auto climate control, fog lamps (I'll get it installed at the showroom) and what I miss in GX AT when compared to Innova Crysta VX is ACC, fog lamps and beautiful looking cluster! But what I gain in GX AT over VX MT is convenience, which the AT gearbox has!

Since my dad doesn't care much about the features, he felt going for GX AT is sensible rather than going for Z AT!
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 17:55   #2635
BHPian
 
anandbangalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 44 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Oddities with the Innova.

We got our Innova GX (the 2021 edition) and I noticed some oddities. Wondering if folks in the forum have had a fix for them or noticed them too.

1. Driver side window controls - if I press the Window Lock, it locks out windows functions for everyone including the driver. Ideally, the function of such a lock would be to disallow other passengers from using their window controls, however allowing the driver full control over window ops. SA says this is a GX thing and works fine in the ZX (Which gets auto-window roll).

2. Android Auto Wireless functions - The Android Auto works well when wired. This is on the stock unit in the Innova. How do I make it work wirelessly - ie without hooking my phone to a cable?

That said, the car is super comfy to drive. The automatic shifting, the seats comfort, and the high-riding position are being loved by the family.
anandbangalore is offline  
Old 19th July 2021, 18:28   #2636
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CEF_Beasts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 2,764
Thanked: 18,259 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

My car search saga continues; had gone to see the Innova and Fortuner yesterday and was surprised to hear that the Innova GX AT trims have a 40-50K and ZX AT 60-70K discounts running, when I asked the SA! Fortuner as usual has zero discounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbangalore View Post
2. Android Auto Wireless functions - The Android Auto works well when wired. This is on the stock unit in the Innova. How do I make it work wirelessly - ie without hooking my phone to a cable?
Both Crysta and Fortunerís new head unit supports only wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. None of them are compatible wirelessly.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 18:50   #2637
BHPian
 
Mile10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 42
Thanked: 258 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

My bad luck seems to be never ending. Sigh! Changed place of parking and also took inumerable steps to try prevent rats from entering the engine bay. But somehow one has again managed to sneak in, and this time it has caused 70% of the oil to leak. Upon noticing the leak on the floor, called toyota on road service and they took the car on a flat bed.

Now the car is in Nandi Toyota. Here comes the shocker, Nandi Toyota claims this will take 2 weeks to source from TKM! I'm left high and dry without a car and would have thought that this is not a major repair and just a minor one. They also claim the part is just about Rs. 500 to replace. Any idea why is TKM's supply chain so slow / poor? Is this because of COVID and related supply constraints?

Any how any help with the part number will really help.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-1.jpg  

Mile10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 19:24   #2638
Distinguished - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 5,678
Thanked: 19,489 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Any idea why is TKM's supply chain so slow / poor? Is this because of COVID and related supply constraints?
Most probably its a part that has to be imported from Japan. Since these are not regular replacement parts, it wont be stocked with the dealer. Maybe you can ask them to somehow expedite the process. Or if the part is in stock with TKM then it shouldnt really be a big deal to get it from Bidadi to the dealer.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 19:29   #2639
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Leoshashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: India
Posts: 5,695
Thanked: 42,459 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Any idea why is TKM's supply chain so slow / poor? Is this because of COVID and related supply constraints?
I recently got a chance to experience TKMs spares supply. Something as simple as a hub cap was out of stock with dealership. They don't stock it.

Upon asking approximate delivery time, they checked and showed that 2 pieces were available in Primary Hub of Eastern India(Kolkata) and 13 at Bangalore. Hence a week should be enough to get it.

If you think the part location density, it's nowhere close to Maruti/Hyundai where they stock hundreds of such parts in your city alone.

Also I was planning to install fogs on our Crysta GX, and I was told there was no stock of it anywhere and will have to be ordered from Bangalore.

Also with Toyota most parts are imported and come from Japan/Thailand. Still I'd expect them to stock few units of such parts in India for ready use, if that's the case.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 19:49   #2640
BHPian
 
Shreyas Agarwal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Lakhimpur Kheri
Posts: 238
Thanked: 1,300 Times
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Most probably its a part that has to be imported from Japan. Since these are not regular replacement parts, it wont be stocked with the dealer. Maybe you can ask them to somehow expedite the process. Or if the part is in stock with TKM then it shouldnt really be a big deal to get it from Bidadi to the dealer.
This is most likely the case. The high beam bulb of my Crysta conked out and dad didn't want to get something aftermarket.

It turns that the dealership doesn't have stock of something as simple as a bulb and will take minimum 3-4 days to come by.

Turns out that the bulb costs 1200 and is imported from Japan. Toyota was unable to find a local vendor for a bulb .
Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (4) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks