Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 11:44   #2671
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi Guys, is it mandatory to get the service done every 6 months? I have 2019 2.8 GX and really annoyed with this 6 month interval. Besides my running is very low. Are there any downsides to skipping the 6 month services and go for only yearly services?
Talk to your service center, some say you are ok to skip however wont give in writing. Toyota's stand though is clear, get the 6 month service. Chances are high that your warranty may not be honored if you skip.
Get the Express60 service, pretty quick.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 13:41   #2672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi Guys, is it mandatory to get the service done every 6 months? I have 2019 2.8 GX and really annoyed with this 6 month interval. Besides my running is very low. Are there any downsides to skipping the 6 month services and go for only yearly services?
Even I have the same issue with my Toyota Innova Crysta 2018 2.8L GX and find it really annoying to send the vehicle for service every 5000 kms or 6 months whichever comes first.

I spoke with service advisors and they told me that Toyota recommends owners not to miss any of the service intervals if the vehicle is under warranty period. Furthermore they told me that keeping Toyota service intervals to a minimum help maintain the longevity of your vehicle and can also help prevent maintenance issues down the road.
embee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 13:12   #2673

ZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Saw a lot of people going the price vs value comparison. Since I recently booked a Crysta, I too went thru it.

Hello Sir

I was in the same dilemma and have finally booked a ZX Attitude black and ordered for an extra seat for the replacement from 7 to 8 seater and it fits awesomely well!:,��

Last edited by navin : 7th September 2021 at 15:36. Reason: No need to quote the entire post.
Old 7th September 2021, 18:33   #2674
BHPian

Hello All,
I am from Bangalore and considering Toyota Innova GX AT.
The only other AT available on an Innova is the top-end which is 32 L on road and is way over my budget.
So I have been considering the GX AT, and may be spend another 1 Lakh on accessories to spruce up the otherwise dull interiors.
I am willing to compromise on not having the automatic climate control and some other goodies, but the SA told me that upgrading to LED projector headlights will not be done in the showroom and if it is done outside warranty will be void. That was a bummer :(.
Any recommendations for the projector headlights ?
We use it mainly for family vacation and highway drives, projector headlights are something that I sorely miss on my S-Cross.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
RROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 18:45   #2675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Hello All,
The only other AT available on an Innova is the top-end which is 32 L on road and is way over my budget....
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
BHPian @Sankar did precisely that - upgraded specific parts of his GX to whatever he wanted, including cruise control, IIRC.

SO, you decision is the correct decision.

The only consideration for me with the top end is the 7 airbags & Stability control. I think, personally, that that is worth the money. The mood lighting, climate control, LED headlights etc, are, in my opinion, trivial.

YMMV!
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 20:26   #2676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
The only consideration for me with the top end is the 7 airbags & Stability control. I think, personally, that that is worth the money. The mood lighting, climate control, LED headlights etc, are, in my opinion, trivial.
BS6 onwards Crysta GX gets Stability and Traction control. The current GX is quite loaded as it gets Android Auto and Apple Carplay too.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:58   #2677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Hello All,

Thank you.
Did you book it? What is the waiting period? My SA quoted 2 month for build-to-order Petrol AT and a week for diesel top end AT if I am not fussy about the colour
Old 27th September 2021, 23:25   #2678
BHPian

Hello all,

We had a 2011 Innova G 2.4 D 7Seater which we sold in 2018, done 66k kms, as it did not have airbags.

Im considering a Crysta 2.4 GX AT 8 Seater as a personal + office material hauling + family car, and most probably will book a Bronze one soon.

I went to Shaw Toyota SB Road Pune showroom today, they had a 8S GX on display.

Im okay with the spec on the GX, the Apple CarPlay HU makes things more liveable, and this thread has been so useful to decide on the add ons. Ill get the DVR, 360 cam, Cruise Control, fog lamps, TPMS and few other functional mods.

I wish they made a 8S ZX Diesel AT trim, that would be my pick.
satya180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 12:17   #2679
BHPian

Toyota to raise prices on 01 October.

Credits: CNBC-TV18
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-4ee7464e3e4c46e89f320863c664fa0d.jpeg  

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 28th September 2021 at 12:23.
Old 28th September 2021, 21:44   #2680
BHPian

Hi,
We booked an Innova Crysta GX 2.4D AT 8Seater in Bronze colour today. Delivery is expected in the third week of October. Everyone at home is quite delighted to have an Innova back in our lives.
satya180 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 19:19   #2681
BANNED

After many test drives across brands and models, had the best experience with Innova Crysta and ready to spend 20L. Usage will be 600km highway trip once in every 2 month and 100km/month on city. I'm going for manual transmission but have to choose between

a) 2.7GX variant (Petrol) as it is the cheapest of Crysta but sales associate says highway mileage will only be around 11-12km if driven at 80-90kph

b) 2.4GX variant (Diesel) for getting mileage of 13-15kmpl but comes at an increased price tag of 23L

Suggestions are welcome. Stay safe.
Old 3rd October 2021, 20:55   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Toyota to raise prices on 01 October.

Credits: CNBC-TV18
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
As for options... XUV700, Hector (the china tag not withstanding), Harrier, even lower AT version of Innova crysta (all with their associated pros and cons obviously) are in range or just a few lakhs stretch away.
There goes one of my options versus the Creta that I have no idea when I am getting, IF I am getting one indeed.
Old 3rd October 2021, 21:51   #2683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
After many test drives across brands and models, had the best experience with Innova Crysta and ready to spend 20L. Usage will be 600km highway trip once in every 2 month and 100km/month on city. I'm going for manual transmission but have to choose between

a) 2.7GX variant (Petrol) as it is the cheapest of Crysta but sales associate says highway mileage will only be around 11-12km if driven at 80-90kph

b) 2.4GX variant (Diesel) for getting mileage of 13-15kmpl but comes at an increased price tag of 23L

Suggestions are welcome. Stay safe.
Given your monthly running is going to be less than 5000 kms, it makes complete sense to go for the petrol. It's a silent powerful motor having more grunt than the diesel.

The highway mileage on the manual petrol will be around 14-15 kmpl if you drive at 80 kmph. 90-100kmph will give around 12-13 kmpl. The mileage will keep falling though as you keep increasing the speedometer needle finally stabilizing at around 10kmpl post 120kmph.
sid_deb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:03   #2684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
have to choose between
a) 2.7GX variant (Petrol)
b) 2.4GX variant (Diesel)
Suggestions are welcome.
With your kind of running, petrol makes more sense. However with the level of comfort and ease of driving this car offers, you will end up doing more miles.
I had a similar usage pattern but end up doing 20,000kms in one year.
Also selling a diesel Crysta is much easier and likely to fetch better value.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:27   #2685
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Also selling a diesel Crysta is much easier and likely to fetch better value.
To the least, i will keep a car for 10 yrs and for Crysta, will definitely use the full 15 yrs and hence i'm not worried about resale value. Thanks for the guidance for Petrol, can breathe better now with the real world mileage mentioned above. Cheers

Most Viewed