Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 22:27   #256
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Had an incident occur day before on my Crysta.

3/ Take it to Windscreen experts and see if they can buff the surface. The
If the damage to the windshield is less/negligible, like you are saying, then I would say definitely go with option-3. There are lot of solutions to available online for such problems. You can also refer to Team-BHP thread as well:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...s-removal.html

Service centre guys don't bother to 'repair' the damage they just take the easy way out and just replace the damaged part. Like Mr. Sheel said, have a windshield expert look at the damage and who knows it might save you that 16k.

Keep us posted what you finally chose.

Peace!
Old 5th August 2016, 23:05   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had an incident occur day before on my Crysta.
3/ Take it to Windscreen experts and see if they can buff the surface. The penetration is hardly there and invisibile to the naked eye.
Very sorry to know about this incident, it really hurts when something like this happens on a brand new car. It is strange that Toyota Service Center didn't offer you the option#3 that you have mentioned above. Exactly a year back when I did the 65K service of my erstwhile Innova I had opted for windshield polish. This was basically to smoothen the windshield surface so that rain rater is repelled and the wiper wipes the glass very smoothly. What they did was apply a paste of Diamond Brite evenly all over the windshield and then polished it with a buffing wheel. It costed my INR 1833/- (Rs 523/- part cost & Rs 1310/- towards labor) at Toyota's authorized service center and the results were amazing. The windshield irregularities vanished and the surface became super smooth, not to mention the butter like movement of wipers on the glass. You can inquire with your workshop if such a kind a polishing can be done, else you can always opt to go with the windshield experts. Just my two cents

Last edited by AutoIndian : 5th August 2016 at 23:08. Reason: Corrected the cost
Old 6th August 2016, 15:38   #258
BHPian

My 2.4 returned a mileage of 14.9 km/l (60:40 Highway:City) the calculation was done on tank full method. (ODO- 2400kms)
Also, during highway drives I am reaching the destination 10-15% faster than my Verna. The point is, the engine never feels stressed and reaches silly speeds in no time. Therefore, the overall progress is pretty fast.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 15:45   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
My 2.4 returned a mileage of 14.9 km/l (60:40 Highway:City) the calculation was done on tank full method. (ODO- 2400kms)
Also, during highway drives I am reaching the destination 10-15% faster than my Verna. The point is, the engine never feels stressed and reaches silly speeds in no time. Therefore, the overall progress is pretty fast.
Those are excellent figures. My, now sold, 2006 Innova never crossed 11 kmpl on highways.
Old 6th August 2016, 15:59   #260
Senior - BHPian

Those are really good figures. My 2.8 auto never crossed 11KM/L on highways. Better driving could improve on this.
Old 6th August 2016, 17:18   #261
BHPian

On my last weekend trip mumbai Shirdi mumbai 2.8 crysta gave an efficiency of 12.6 with some spirited driving
docaxe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 20:13   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
That's an awesome figure sir. If I may, did you have your first service? Mine gives a constant of 12.9 these days with 100% AC. Also, which mode do you you drive in?

I too second your analogy, this version of engine never feels stressed. You will either find yourself slowing down or run out of roads before you could lock its full potential.
Old 6th August 2016, 21:02   #263
Senior - BHPian

Windshield experts sadly no longer exists in Agra.

I drove the car today for 60kms and I was not bothered by the tiny freckles on the windscreen.

I am going to wait till I go to delhi next and then check the windshield guys out.

On another topic I had posted in the previous thread that when I had brought the car I had suffered a tyre burst.

I am Glad to inform that toyota just called me to say that my complaint has been accepted and Bridgestone is sending a new tyre free and I can come on Tuesday to get it replaced. The damaged tyre was repaired temporarily and was the spare that did not require using these last few weeks.

Last edited by vkochar : 6th August 2016 at 21:03. Reason: Typing
vkochar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 22:14   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
That's an awesome figure sir. If I may, did you have your first service? Mine gives a constant of 12.9 these days with 100% AC. Also, which mode do you you drive in?

I too second your analogy, this version of engine never feels stressed. You will either find yourself slowing down or run out of roads before you could lock its full potential.

Yes, service was done around 1K which I feel was essentially washing and vacuum.
I plan to change the engine oil at 5k as I think 10k is too much for mineral oil and considering that the engine is new 5k engine oil change is a good idea.

Yes, mileage reported is with 100%AC.

We use Normal mode and engage cruise control at every opportunity.

That 125km stretch used to take 2 hours and now it takes around 1.40 hours with a ghat section lasting 7-8 kms.
sudeep.pandya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 09:28   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1/ Get this changed under insurance.
2/ Get it changed from my pocket.
3/ Take it to Windscreen experts and see if they can buff the surface. The penetration is hardly there and invisibile to the naked eye.
4/ drive it as it is and see. But I fear it may crack if under direct sunlight.

I cannot post pictures as it is hardly visible.

If it is that invisible, then there is no sense in fretting over it too much.

However, what you should do is observe the effect at night time for glaring oncoming lights, bright sunlight in daytime. If there is even some disturbance or discomfort due to the same, then there is case to do something about it asap.

1-3. Toyota windshield is costly so is the quality in all aspects, seen it personally, windshield experts or any other won't match it. If at all need to change, change it at Toyota and under insurance, 100% covered anytime.

If they are so invisible, buffing 1-2 mm is a good option either at Windshield Experts or at Toyota, I will say Toyota, puts onus on them for any issues later and they do some good work about it, hardly costs a couple of 1000s.

4. I fail to understand where it is coming from or if you wish to imply something else, otherwise, you are just unnecessarily worrying like this.

If no issues found upon scrutiny, carry on until something major that warrants replacement.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 10:42   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Marutis and Hyundais might top the volume seller lists, but when it comes to sheer value terms (as calculated by the top-end variant's price multiplied by volumes), the Innova Crysta leads the pack (unsurprisingly)!

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-53592941.jpg

Quote:
Car marketers say the value proposition is becoming increasingly important as Indian buyers look beyond their decade-old cheap-and-cheerful obsession. In the volume-end of the car market - the top 10 models command around 66% of the total passenger vehicle sales -car marketers now want to flog the value game more because a good 60% of the customers of the top 10 models actually prefer the bells-and-whistles top-end variant.

Car marketers say, increasingly, the focus is shifting to value over volume in the mass segment as customers look for lifestyle choices. "To us value is more important because customers walk into the showroom seeking value and the brand that can deliver grows in volume. The auto market has seen a shift from earlier price-driven brands to value propositions and is moving into brands promising lifestyle quotient," said Rakesh Srivastava, senior vice-president (sales and marketing), Hyundai Motor India.

Around 60% of the sales in Hyundai's Top 10 models (Creta, Grand i10 and Elite i20) are top-end variants.
ET
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 15:51   #267
BHPian

Petrol Crysta pricing revealed (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 16:09   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

I had back to back test drives of the three cars as I need to replace my 4 year old Safari DICOR. The options & their OTR prices were
1. Innova Crysta 2.4 GX & Rs. 19,50,000
2. Safari Storme VX Varicor 400 4x2 & Rs. 17,00,000
3. XUV 500 W6 & Rs. 16,60,000

I want to share what I felt about Innova Crysta. It is my personal opinion and no offfense meant to anyone.

Note: I drove a 2.8 Z AT

Positives:

1. Looks & Presence: It looks more like an SUV than a van. To me, it makes fortuner look outdated. It has so muchh presence.

2. Interiors and features: Crysta felt like a D segment sedan from inside. Loved those leather seats, dashboard, beautiful MID, navigation, touchscreen, fit and finish and wonderful plastic quality.

3. Safety
Even the base version has 3 airbags. ABS and EBD are welcome addition too.

4. Middle row space
It is spacious, not as much as the Safari but it has enough space. The recline angles are also adjustble to a good extent.

5. ACC
It cooled the cabin in no time

6. 2.8 L refinement
I was surprised at how calm the engine was. It felt like a petrol in lower rpms.

Negatives

1. Front row space

It was a shocker to me. The leg room was very limited. Please refer to the pic below. That is an average male (6'2) sitting in the front. And steering was too close to my knees even when the seat height was at lowest and steering was at its highest setting. I somehow felt old innova was more roomy. The seats felt thin and narrow.

My 12 lakh Ciaz and 10 lakh Polo have longer front seat travel

2. GX interiors
You spend 20 lakhs but you dont even get a stereo. The ac knobs belong to commercial pick ups. It feels like you are being robbed.

3. 2.8 AT performance and handling
It handles as aweful as a Safari DICOR. Lot of body roll. The AT is a lazy box. Even in power mode, there wasnt proportional translation of accceleration according to accelerator input. It was jerky when floored. But it can cruise comfortably at higher triple digit speeds though. If you are an enthusiast you may not like the AT.

My experience with ATs is minimal. Only AT I have been driving was Passat's DSG. Manual 2.4 was unavailable for test drive today.
Conclusion: IMO, For a person used to Safari, Crysta will definitely fall short on space and comfort. It is going to be another Safari for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-wp_20160808_10_44_33_pro.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-wp_20160808_10_28_51_pro.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-wp_20160808_10_51_46_pro.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-wp_20160808_10_46_23_pro.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-wp_20160808_10_32_22_pro.jpg  

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 8th August 2016 at 16:22.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 17:45   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
It was jerky when floored.
I faced this very same problem with every torque converter automatic transmission equipped car that costs less than 30 lakhs. While Jetta's DSG did great, BMW X1 - which I guess isn't a dual clutch auto - was phenomenal. I just couldn't find a non-german car with a quick shifting automatic, but I just cannot prepare myself to purchase a german automatic owing to their high maintenance. So I guess if someone is like me, they need to make a compromise while buying an automatic.

Good thing about Innova is the presence of different driving modes which hides the problem to some extent and I also believe Innova gathers pace pretty briskly with minimum accelerator input to keep the noise level low.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 8th August 2016 at 17:49.
Old 8th August 2016, 18:54   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Petrol Crysta pricing revealed (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Only Gx gets the 8 Seater. V and Z 7 seater. 8 Seater option should be given across variants for both Petrol and Diesel.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 8th August 2016 at 18:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks