Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 07:56   #2686
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
for Crysta, will definitely use the full 15 yrs and hence i'm not worried about resale value. Cheers
Resale value will not matter if you are planning to keep it for 15 years. 15 years is too long a period; we might age but the car will not. I will suggest going for AT, you can thank me later
Crysta drives like any regular sedan despite its size. With AT anyone and everyone in your family will be able to drive it.
Unless chauffeur driven it’s makes more sense to go for AT if you are planning to keep it for 15 years.
Cheers
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 09:39   #2687
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Usage will be 600km highway trip once in every 2 month and 100km/month on city. I'm going for manual transmission but have to choose between......a) 2.7GX variant (Petrol) ....2.4GX variant (Diesel)
For the low running, petrol would make sense. Especially since you are looking for a long term usage. Though have to agree with other BHPians here regarding whether your usage would shoot up once you get used to the Innova's long distance comfort.

Only reason I would recommend the automatic is that it has a 6th cog. More relaxed highway cruising (read more FE) compared to the old 5spd manual transmission.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:07   #2688
BANNED

Got the below quote from a TN dealer. Couple of points i'm thinking on:

1) Can i wait till Dec to get year end offers? If yes, how much avg? Dealer says max. of 20k and that too on whatever available variant & color (GX Petrol Manual is slow moving and hence chances are less)
2) Toyota insurance (Toyota Protect Luxury Cover) costs Rs. 89,332 for 1 year Own Damage and 3 years Third party claims. Can i go for other insurance? If yes, which one?
I'm OK to compromise on cashless, Tyre & Alloy cover, No limit to claims etc.
3) Accessories mentioned by the dealer is Rs. 40,000 which i can get the same in the market for Rs. 25k to 30k

Please help on the above based on your experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-gx2.7mt_cost.jpg  

Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 18:20   #2689
BHPian

Quote:
1. Expect 40-50 K at least. Get quotes from multiple dealers and pitch them against each other. True that discount depends on the variant and color available. You can get 20k even now, why wait till year end?
2. Try online websites or reputed insurance agents. There is no need to compromise; your can get all the add-ons of Luxury cover for alteast 15-20k less. Most companies offer cashless hence there is no need to compromise on that too. Check in your circle for an insurance company that has good reputation in your location.
3. Since you plan to keep the car for long, I will suggest getting accessories from Toyota itself. One can easily get accessories for much less in market, but the quality is compromised and won't last 10-15 years.
Old 5th October 2021, 10:38   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Got the below quote from a TN dealer. Couple of points i'm thinking on:

1) Can i wait till Dec to get year end offers? If yes, how much avg? Dealer says max. of 20k and that too on whatever available variant & color (GX Petrol Manual is slow moving and hence chances are less)
2) Toyota insurance (Toyota Protect Luxury Cover) costs Rs. 89,332 for 1 year Own Damage and 3 years Third party claims. Can i go for other insurance? If yes, which one?
I'm OK to compromise on cashless, Tyre & Alloy cover, No limit to claims etc.
3) Accessories mentioned by the dealer is Rs. 40,000 which i can get the same in the market for Rs. 25k to 30k

Prices have gone up since Oct 1 by 30-35K. Suggest you look at the Toyota official website

1) Discount will go marginally up. However the demand is almost in-line with supply, so won't be a game changer
2) Definitely, can take insurance from outside and will be cheaper. Just make sure there is a cashless claim option
3) Would suggest only getting the electronic accessories like the camera and auto-fold mirror from the dealer. Rest everything can be procured from outside.
Old 5th October 2021, 14:55   #2691
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Prices have gone up since Oct 1 by 30-35K.
You are right. Got an updated price list today with a shocker, prices gone up by 35k. All dealers are cut-throat with their update "NO OFFER" for Crysta at any time. Is this true? Can't we get any offers during festive season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
3) Would suggest only getting the electronic accessories like the camera and auto-fold mirror from the dealer. Rest everything can be procured from outside.
Can we get it cheaper from outside for the same quality? If the difference is less than 10k, i better go with Toyota genuine accessories.
Old 11th October 2021, 18:53   #2692
BHPian

Guys, need some help here. My usage is 2-3k kms a month (sometimes more). It includes all types of roads India has to throw at us. It is mostly me driving or me sitting shotgun. Also, occasional touring/travelling to hills is included. So, 90% of the times, only the front two seats will be used.

Considering from a mile munching POV, how is Compass compared to Innova in terms of comfort, reliability, driving pleasure and ability to eat up all types of roads? I have a tendency of travelling non stop for say 400-500 kms, then take a 10-15 mins break and continue.

I am considering only Model S D AT for Jeep and ZX D AT for Innova.
Old 11th October 2021, 19:23   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
Since you mentioned you like to travel at any road thrown at your way, I would like to caution you about 17 inch rims on ZX. You may want to change them to 16 inch ones.

W.r.t Innova in terms of comfort, reliability, driving pleasure and ability to eat up all types of roads. Its meant for fuss free experience. Where it comes to driving experience its good on highway but on ghats it tends to roll.
GP19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 20:28   #2694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need some help here. My usage is 2-3k kms a month (sometimes more). It includes all types of roads India has to throw at us. It is mostly me driving or me sitting shotgun. Also, occasional touring/travelling to hills is included. So, 90% of the times, only the front two seats will be used.

Considering from a mile munching POV, how is Compass compared to Innova in terms of comfort, reliability, driving pleasure and ability to eat up all types of roads? I have a tendency of travelling non stop for say 400-500 kms, then take a 10-15 mins break and continue.

If you are just two folks, Compass should fit the bill better. Its more engaging to drive and should be frugal too. That said Innova being Body on frame has its own driving charm and you will appreciate only if you are used too one. Innova scores in terms space on offer, back seat and boot space. The Compass also has better interiors and features.
Old 11th October 2021, 20:58   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If you are just two folks, Compass should fit the bill better. Its more engaging to drive and should be frugal too. That said Innova being Body on frame has its own driving charm and you will appreciate only if you are used too one. Innova scores in terms space on offer, back seat and boot space. The Compass also has better interiors and features.
So if you had to pick one, which one would it be?
Old 11th October 2021, 21:33   #2696
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if you had to pick one, which one would it be?
I have a different use case. I need back seat comfort plus ability to carry luggage and occassionally need 3rd row as well. I had driven Compass manual in 2018, nice car but coming from Body on frame SUV/MUV, no one in family liked the sitting posture and the space on offer. Even from outside, car felt tad too small for my liking. Ended up getting second Crysta.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 07:57   #2697
BHPian

Quote:
only the front two seats will be used.
how is Compass compared to Innova in terms of comfort, reliability, driving pleasure and ability to eat up all types of roads
I own a Crysta GX D AT and a close relative model S. Front seats are comparable in terms of comfort; driving pleasure depends on your expectations. Moment you shift to second row, that is where Crysta rules. The cramped bench seat of Compass are no match to Crysta's captain seats. Model S has more premium feel and is feature rich. Since your requirement is just two seats why carry extra 3rd row. With its compact dimensions Compass makes more sense in hilly areas, where roads are narrow and parking space a constrain. Compass is expensive to maintain and reliability beyond a certain point (1-1.5 lac kms/ company warranty gets over) can be a problem. Crysta is a proven horse in terms of reliability. Basic service cost for Crysta is 5-8k, for Compass 15-30k. Compass is not doing good in sale charts, parts may be a problem too.
I will suggest taking a long test ride and choose for your self. Do try the 'Bose mode' of Crysta and I bet you will never look at the front row ever again.

Pic for reference (PC: T-BHP official review)

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-toyotainnovacrysta08.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP19 View Post
Since you mentioned you like to travel at any road thrown at your way, I would like to caution you about 17 inch rims on ZX. You may want to change them to 16 inch ones.
Are you referring to side wall damage issue? That was an issue with earlier batches of Crysta. The issue has been addressed to AFAIK.
bravo82in is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 08:26   #2698
Senior - BHPian

Any recommendations for a good ICE for the Crysta. I’m not an audio guy and can’t differentiate between Bass and Treble or for that matter, all I care is some music playing in the car

I do have the one that used to come in the Z trim back then(2017). I’ve never used the navigation on this. I’ve lost the MMI chip from this system also contributes to this.

The requirement is very simple

1. A decent one that is easy to operate - touch screen type
2. A good blue tooth connection - Must have
3. Apple car play - Must have

Will appreciate any recos please. Names of places where I can get this fitted at Blr will be terrific.
Old 12th October 2021, 15:30   #2699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
1. A decent one that is easy to operate - touch screen type
2. A good blue tooth connection - Must have
3. Apple car play - Must have
Can you elaborate your requirement a bit more
1 Screen size 7 inch or 9 inch
2 OEM fitment or floating screen
3 Is ur car self driven or chauffeur?
4 Why Car play? For map/ music/ calls ?
5 Any budget in mind ?
Regards
Old 12th October 2021, 16:14   #2700
Senior - BHPian

Thanks bravo.

The one I have is a 9” one. I don’t prefer a floating one. Fully self driven. Apple play is more the convenience for music and maps. I haven’t thought through a budget yet.

Cheers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks