Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 17:25   #2701
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Thanks bravo.

The one I have is a 9” one. I don’t prefer a floating one. Fully self driven. Apple play is more the convenience for music and maps. I haven’t thought through a budget yet.

Cheers.
In 9 inch options are limited.

1. Pioneer ZS 9350 BT INR 60-80K
It is a perfect fit for the Crysta. Supports Wireless car play

2.Pioneer ZS 8290 BT INR 45K
Will need additional fascia to fit the Crysta as it is 8 inch. Supports wired Car play. The system comes with factory made fascia and adaptors etc for Crysta and Creta.

Both the above systems were out of stock two weeks back.

3. Sony XAV-AX8000 INR 25k
Supports wired CarPlay. Screen is VGA if u are ok with it. Also this one is floating type and protrudes by half a inch.

4. 7 Inch HU
There are endless options here. However it will kill the interiors of the car as its not aesthetic to fit a 7 inch HU in a 9 inch space.

5. Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 980
It an android based HU. Does not support CarPlay. Supports wired and wireless screen mirroring though. I got this installed 2 weeks back in my Crysta. Happy with the unit so far. BT quality is as good as OEM stereo. FM quality is better than OEM. Takes around 5 seconds to start. Endless customization options. Endless Apps can be downloaded from play store. I don't miss the CarPlay as built in apps (for maps and music) work perfectly. Supports 360 surround camera setup. Don't have to plug in the cable to my Iphone every time I get into the car. However have to turn on hotspot every time to make the system work. Iphone doesn't support Hotspot auto connect.
Hope this helps

Cheers
Bravo
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 15:48   #2702

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Prices have gone up since Oct 1 by 30-35K. Suggest you look at the Toyota official website

For Toyota India, it has a been a customary practice to hike the price every couple of months. After a price hike of 2% in August, here is another big blow just in a period of two months.

I had booked my GX (7s) AT Deisel last month for OTR 2478179 last month. Now my agent sent me his new quote for 2623200 for the same variant.

The huge price difference is due to the weird tax pattern existing in Kerala. The 16% tax on the previous ex-showroom price (199400) went up to 21% because the price crossed the 20 lakh ex- show room price margin due to the new price hike.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 19th October 2021 at 15:51. Reason: quote tags fixed. thanks
Black n' White is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 15:58   #2703
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
For the low running, petrol would make sense.
After enquiring with 2 dealers, common feedback i hear is that Petrol variant is selling 1 vehicle Vs1000 Diesel variant and wait time for Petrol is 3 months Vs 20 days for Diesel. This has introduced another spin in my mind. Can i go with Diesel (have to mop up additional 2L money as well) now?

Request members expert suggestion. Thanks for your time.
Old 31st October 2021, 05:26   #2704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
After enquiring with 2 dealers, common feedback i hear is that Petrol variant is selling 1 vehicle Vs1000 Diesel variant and wait time for Petrol is 3 months Vs 20 days for Diesel. This has introduced another spin in my mind. Can i go with Diesel (have to mop up additional 2L money as well) now?
That's just standard dealer talk. They don't want to end up with a petrol Innova in their stock if you end up cancelling it. So they will conjure up all the excuses to avoid booking a petrol Innova. I believe they demand an even bigger amount upfront for the petrol as booking amount, more than the diesel's 1 lakh booking amount.

The petrol is made to order, hence greater the waiting period. With these fuel prices, I am finding it hard to advise diesel, let alone petrol. So not suggesting anything.

Though your running warrants the petrol. Add to that, with the BS6 DPF stuff, the petrol is even more reliable. Then again, you can't go wrong with either petrol or diesel, but don't let your purchase be influenced by dealer talk. They are to sell you what Toyota offers, not what they (dealer) want to sell.
DicKy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 12:20   #2705
BHPian

Guys,

I'm in the market for the Crysta 2.4 GX Limited Edition AT 8 STR.
Does anyone know what is included in the "Limited Edition" package?

The "new" Crysta has been released now and I would like to know if anyone has an idea on what the new versions include over the older version. I noticed an improved entertainment console with Andoid Auto / Apple CarPlay from the pictures online.

Regards

Old 3rd November 2021, 10:11   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
Guys,

I'm in the market for the Crysta 2.4 GX Limited Edition AT 8 STR.
Does anyone know what is included in the "Limited Edition" package?
Refer below thread, has all the information you need.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-launched.html (Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched)

With launch newer 7 seaters many wrote off Crysta. October was anything but that. Alcazar, XUV700,Safari,Hector all put together sold 9K copies where as Crysta alone sold 6K copies!
With outstanding bookings, I am sure XUV700 will surpass Crysta in coming months but doesot look like buyers will ditch Crysta anytime soon.
PrideRed is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 17:21   #2707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Refer below thread, has all the information you need.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-launched.html (Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched)

With launch newer 7 seaters many wrote off Crysta. October was anything but that. Alcazar, XUV700,Safari,Hector all put together sold 9K copies where as Crysta alone sold 6K copies!
With outstanding bookings, I am sure XUV700 will surpass Crysta in coming months but doesot look like buyers will ditch Crysta anytime soon.

Thanks for the link PrideRed. Exactly what I was looking for.

Old 3rd November 2021, 17:59   #2708
BHPian

Recently came back from a 5500 Km+ roundtrip with my Crysta (2.8 GX AT 2019 model) on route of Kolkata to Kashmir and back. The car performed excellent on various types of roads and no matter which state, the Innova commands all round road presence and right of way when in need. Posted below are a few observations from this long trip.
  • Driving long distance without tiring yourself is the name of the code with the Crysta. I did 1000 Km+ on each of two consecutive days while covering Kolkata to Lucknow, Lucknow to Pathankot.
  • The cruise control has been used to its fullest in the Lucknow - Agra Expressway and the Yamuna Expressway. While the Agra Lucknow expressway does live up to its standard for the max speed of 100 kmph, the Yamuna expressway in spite of having a top speed limit of 120 kmph can be comfortably cruised in 90-100 kmph speed only. Nevertheless its in Agra Lucknow expressway that I could reach close to the top speed of the Crysta. Note the speedometer to actual speed difference continues to be 10% less across the speed ranges, mine have 16 inch wheels with stock Bridgestone tyres.
  • There were some bad road patches in the Prayagraj - Raebareli stretch but the Crysta handled them very well provided the speeds are kept 80+kmph.
  • The torque converter is adequately quick, so much so that in the Jammu - Srinagar highway amidst stop and go mountain traffic of loads of trucks, the engine - gearbox combo allowed lightning fast overtakes leveraging the opposite lane.
  • On one day I started noticing that suddenly even in power mode the pickup seemed to be a bit less than usual, I was initially thinking may be the air filter has become dirty, but eventually tyre pressure seemed to be the reason, had dropped to 30 psi. Once topped up it instantly brought back the smile.
  • On another occasion the mid in the driver console started showing snowflake indicator beside the outside temperature display when it was literally snow fall happening outside in the guise of rain. I was fearing diesel freeze but nothing of that sort happened as outside temperature was 2C, yet to go below 0C.
  • The car had become dirty due to usage and twice during the trip I had sent the car to Toyota Service Centers for cleaning to ensure peace of mind. While service was top class, my observation was that the labour cost for services vary across cities. For example, in Ansari Toyota of Srinagar, the regular washing cleaning costs INR 598+ tax (its ~ 1000 INR+ inclusive tax in Kolkata), again in Sunny Toyota of Agra the washing cleaning along with interior enrichment (son had vomited inside) costed INR 1544 including tax (same in Kolkata is INR 3000 + inclusive of tax). Has anyone else noticed that?

Overall this trip reinstated our decision to buy the Crysta as the most apt one in recent times, a perfect car for family trips which is convenient to drive around all terrains.
haisaikat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 11:33   #2709
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
That's just standard dealer talk. They don't want to end up with a petrol Innova in their stock if you end up cancelling it. The petrol is made to order, hence greater the waiting period.
As per the dealers, to get Limited Edition (LE) offer, the vehicle has to be booked by 30th Nov and delivery by 31st Dec. For my petrol requirement, the offer wont be applicable as it will take Feb22 to deliver the vehicle. Have checked with Toyota Guest relations call center to confirm and awaiting response.
Meanwhile, has anyone got any updates for LE offer applicability?
Old 5th November 2021, 21:15   #2710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
In 9 inch options are limited.

1. Pioneer ZS 9350 BT INR 60-80K
It is a perfect fit for the Crysta. Supports Wireless car play

2.Pioneer ZS 8290 BT INR 45K
Will need additional fascia to fit the Crysta as it is 8 inch. Supports wired Car play. The system comes with factory made fascia and adaptors etc for Crysta and Creta.

Both the above systems were out of stock two weeks back.

3. Sony XAV-AX8000 INR 25k
Supports wired CarPlay. Screen is VGA if u are ok with it. Also this one is floating type and protrudes by half a inch.

4. 7 Inch HU
There are endless options here. However it will kill the interiors of the car as its not aesthetic to fit a 7 inch HU in a 9 inch space.

5. Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 980
It an android based HU. Does not support CarPlay. Supports wired and wireless screen mirroring though. I got this installed 2 weeks back in my Crysta. Happy with the unit so far. BT quality is as good as OEM stereo. FM quality is better than OEM. Takes around 5 seconds to start. Endless customization options. Endless Apps can be downloaded from play store. I don't miss the CarPlay as built in apps (for maps and music) work perfectly. Supports 360 surround camera setup. Don't have to plug in the cable to my Iphone every time I get into the car. However have to turn on hotspot every time to make the system work. Iphone doesn't support Hotspot auto connect.
Hope this helps

Cheers
Bravo
Hi, I am looking to fit a after market 360 degree camera in Chennai on Crysta 2.8 G-2016. Request inputs on the following
1 Suggestions on a reliable 360 degree camera system and indicative cost
2 Will my existing Pioneer 299BT support 360 degree camera setup if not recommendation on a basic ICE system that will support 360 deg camera
3 Reliable place to fit the 360 deg camera.
4 Any other inputs in this regard welcome

Best Regards
Old 5th November 2021, 21:50   #2711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Hi, I am looking to fit a after market 360 degree camera in Chennai on Crysta 2.8 G-2016.
Dear Krishtk

I am not in a condition to answer your query. I didn’t install 360 degree camera hence never bothered to check. Blaupunkt Santa Rosa supports 360 degree camera is all I can say. Please check with pioneer customer care or local pioneer dealer to check if ur system supports 360 degree camera.

Sony AX 8000 supports 360 degree camera is one of the cost effective options. 360 camera mode splits screen into 60:40 ratio hence a bigger screen ( atleast 8 or 9 inchs) is recommended.

Regards
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 14:45   #2712
BHPian

After looking at all the offerings, I am surprised that the 8 STR AT models are available only in GX variant. I would like to go with a top model but they do not offer an 8 STR with AT. I would think that AT would be more in demand given the lousy traffic most of us have to deal with in most major cities.

I also prefer the 8 STR option over the 7 STR for a family car. The 7 STR is more like a taxi option in my opinion. To me the 8 STR bench is a lot more comfortable when I am sitting in the back with my driver in the front.

My dealer informed me that the Limited Edition is not available so I may have to settle with the regular model GX. Talk about things getting disappointing.

Old 8th November 2021, 14:59   #2713
BHPian

Yes, Toyota has a strange strategy. The value for money V doesn’t come with AT. Top of the line Z doesn’t offer 8 seats. Even the pricing of variants is steep for what they offer. 50% of Crysta sales comes from AT, still one full variant (V) is missing on AT

Last edited by bravo82in : 8th November 2021 at 15:03.
bravo82in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 15:49   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.nayak View Post
After looking at all the offerings, I am surprised that the 8 STR AT models are available only in GX variant. I would like to go with a top model but they do not offer an 8 STR with AT. I would think that AT would be more in demand given the lousy traffic most of us have to deal with in most major cities.

I also prefer the 8 STR option over the 7 STR for a family car. The 7 STR is more like a taxi option in my opinion. To me the 8 STR bench is a lot more comfortable when I am sitting in the back with my driver in the front.

My dealer informed me that the Limited Edition is not available so I may have to settle with the regular model GX. Talk about things getting disappointing.

This was the same issue even earlier. They had AT only with 2.8L engine but only for GX you will get AT + Bench seats. For ZX AT, only 7STR was available. I don't know what logic or data they have that makes them do this.
sunilch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 18:55   #2715
BHPian

I’m planning to go in for the Innova Crysta as replacement for my nearly 8-year old Honda City. I understand Toyota has announced a package of accessories as a limited version, 360 degree camera being one of the accessories. I was planning to get a proper dash camera installed.Would the 360 degree camera effectively serve the purpose of the dash camera?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks