Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 08:12   #2746
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
It's certainly not as bad as the older Innova.

Crysta Manual is an improved cruiser, with engine being at 3000 rpm at 140kmph.
Totally agreed on this.

In my experience, the crysta is much much better than the old Innova with regards to highway cruising.

I have done 3500 rpm on the highways for hours together and the car just did fine. The old Innova would just annoy me with the engine boom beyond 110 kmph.

Infact, the crysta 2.4 is as capable a cruiser as my Storme Varicor 400. Crysta 2.8 is even better.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 27th November 2021 at 08:14.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:22   #2747
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Infact, the crysta 2.4 is as capable a cruiser as my Storme Varicor 400.
Even with the absence of the 6th gear in the 2.4 MT Crysta?
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:26   #2748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Even with the absence of the 6th gear in the 2.4 MT Crysta?
Compared to Old Innova, yes. Compared to storme, the NVH is better in the Tata, but the crysta doesn't leave you for the want of performance. That said, varicor 400 is among the most refined motors in the segment (>2 L MPV/7 seater). Honestly Crysta is a complete improvement over old Innova when it comes to performance and interiors.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 27th November 2021 at 09:28.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 19:45   #2749
BHPian

Hey All,
Does anyone know what the cost of the 360 camera is ? The dealer is quoting around 28K (1 yr warranty) . Is that a reasonable price? I am planning to get some electrical stuff done via the dealer with the hope that the quality of work will be good.

Any suggestions and indications of the prices will be really good.
Viper21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 19:56   #2750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Depends entirely on the driving style. If we brake the same way as we do on a manual gearbox vehicle on the torque converter models, the brake pads will get over in 10k - 20k kms.
Thank you for the detailed reply. Yes my driving has been aggressive with power mode on most times. With a little one joining the family few months I have toned down my driving style. Got the vehicle inspected at Toyota service centre. The pad thickness was 4mm and SA advised it will last atleast 3000-4000 kms. I was informed that there is a metal indicator which will make sound before the pad completely wears down. The disc don’t need lathe polishing as of now.
Is it ok to wait for the metal sound before I take a call to replace the brake pads?
Or should I get preventive pad replacement now?
At what thickness should the replacement be considered?

Thanks and regards

Bravo
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 00:11   #2751
BHPian

Anyone hearing a squeaking noise from under the hood after a cold start?

I'd never, on my 2019 Crysta 2.4VX manual that has done 25000km, until last week. I suspect the drive belt but ... so soon?! An important point to note is that this happened post a cold start after I'd driven down from home in Mumbai to Bangalore where it had been raining persistently. Maybe the belt has gone stiff due to the long spell of rain that it has been through?
Old 29th November 2021, 10:03   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
At what thickness should the replacement be considered?
Bravo
3-4 mm thickness is less and is risky to keep driving on. It’s sometimes difficult to keep track of such maintenance, Better to proactively change the pads, If you have an emergency where you need to drive out of city etc. you may end up being stranded.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 17:44   #2753
BHPian

Guys, I made the down payment and completed the loan documentation today for Innova Crytsa VX Avant Garde Bronze color 7S variant today at Ravindu Toyota, Rajajinagar, Bangalore. The delivery should be by next week since they had this vehicle in their inventory already (someone had cancelled the booking and went for XUV700 it seems). Other variants GX & ZX were 1-2 months waiting period.

Any suggestions on the accessories to go for before delivery? I was planning to take the side footstep (aged parents at home), rear bumper guard (Bangalore you see!) and body cover. Anything else I should opt for?

The sales guy was trying to convince me on the Nappa leather seat covers for 75k. Is this really that necessary?

Lastly any other checks I need to do before delivery apart from PDI - basically checks that are specific to Innova?

Kannan
Old 29th November 2021, 18:45   #2754
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKannan View Post
Any suggestions on the accessories to go for before delivery? I was planning to take the side footstep (aged parents at home), rear bumper guard (Bangalore you see!) and body cover. Anything else I should opt for?
Dashboard wood finish (INR 4k), Anti corrosive coating (INR 5k) and Sun film on Windows and Rear windscreen (INR 9k). The sunfilm protected my parents when a stone hit my rear windshield.

Quote:
The sales guy was trying to convince me on the Nappa leather seat covers for 75k. Is this really that necessary?
Semi leather seat covers (~INR 15k) will do.

Quote:
Lastly any other checks I need to do before delivery apart from PDI - basically checks that are specific to Innova?
Discuss with the SA about making the PDI before registration and coordinate with accessories team to ensure you get the required items installed when you take delivery. Items like Dashcams are not in stock now.
Old 29th November 2021, 18:51   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Dashboard wood finish (INR 4k),
Correct me if I am wrong, But doesn't the dashboard wood finish come as standard in the VX variant?
M A D over CARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 19:41   #2756
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, But doesn't the dashboard wood finish come as standard in the VX variant?
Yes, you are right, VX comes with wood ornaments. Thanks for highlighting.
Old 30th November 2021, 12:03   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Sun film on Windows and Rear windscreen (INR 9k). The sunfilm protected my parents when a stone hit my rear windshield.
Sun films are banned right? Especially in Bangalore! Also I think VX variant comes with UV cut glass or Heat Rejection Glass which should help in reducing the sun glare. Not sure about the front windshield though.
Old 30th November 2021, 12:49   #2758
BANNED

Quote:
Sun films are banned right? Especially in Bangalore! Also I think VX variant comes with UV cut glass or Heat Rejection Glass which should help in reducing the sun glare. Not sure about the front windshield though.
I meant white transparent film. I recommended it not for reducing heat but to safeguard occupants in case of stone hit in window glass or rear windshield. Attached a pic of my car where you can see the transparent film saved the glass particle not fell on rear seat occupants. Please check with service experts whether the heat rejection glass don't shatter. Generally, Front windshields are made of laminated glass which won't shatter into pieces and will just allow cracks. Rear and windows are toughened glass which will shatter into pieces on impact.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-film.jpeg  

Last edited by Wheels : 30th November 2021 at 12:57. Reason: edited sentences
Wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:07   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
I meant white transparent film. I recommended it not for reducing heat but to safeguard occupants in case of stone hit in window glass or rear windshield. Attached a pic of my car where you can see the transparent film saved the glass particle not fell on rear seat occupants. Please check with service experts whether the heat rejection glass don't shatter. Generally, Front windshields are made of laminated glass which won't shatter into pieces and will just allow cracks. Rear and windows are toughened glass which will shatter into pieces on impact.
The glass is already laminated internally and even if broken, the pieces don't pose any significant risk to the occupants. Unless it's from the OEM I don't prefer any films.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 2nd December 2021 at 13:11.
Old 2nd December 2021, 13:47   #2760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
The glass is already laminated internally and even if broken, the pieces don't pose any significant risk to the occupants. Unless it's from the OEM I don't prefer any films.
Only the front glass is laminated. Not the rest of it. The moment it breaks, it would shatter into small pieces and disintegrate.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks